• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][FIRETV][NOROOT] Launcher Manager (Change Launcher without Root)

Search This thread

SweenWolf

Mar 18, 2016
Paradise
Amazon Fire TV
Hey @SweenWolf,

I saw that you have your own fork of the MATVT with automatic bosskey detection as well. I was wondering if this is a feature that can be added to your launcher for FireTV sticks?
Perhaps now, with Fire Stick 4K MAX and Android 9.1 (FOS7) behind the scenes it is possible to support it vs the original 4K stick?
I do have mouse functionality added on my older app i.e. FireTV Settings. I can still use Accessibility because I patched by stick. Amazon has disabled Accessibility Access to ALL third party applications, if its not signed by platform certificate (i.e. not signed by Amazon) it wont be able to bind with the Service.
So it is no longer possible on a stock amazon stick, unless Amazon decides to revert those changes, which also won't happen.

Alekos

I'm experiencing a weird issue on 2 4kfiresticks for the past few months where the remote will stop working in the launcher. Only way to get it to work again while in the launcher is by long pressing home key, choosing apps (arrow selection works at this menu), then picking W launcher, then I can choose a shortcut/app again. I've had this with 0.1.7/0.1.9 and all recent LM/LM(AD) versions.
I don't have any cursor or key mapping apps installed. Updates/bloat all disabled. Even tried factory reset. Doesn't happen on leanback launcher. (Changing animation scales doesn't help).
Any help would be appreciated.

dikodahan

Jul 25, 2021
I'm experiencing a weird issue on 2 4kfiresticks for the past few months where the remote will stop working in the launcher. Only way to get it to work again while in the launcher is by long pressing home key, choosing apps (arrow selection works at this menu), then picking W launcher, then I can choose a shortcut/app again. I've had this with 0.1.7/0.1.9 and all recent LM/LM(AD) versions.
I don't have any cursor or key mapping apps installed. Updates/bloat all disabled. Even tried factory reset. Doesn't happen on leanback launcher. (Changing animation scales doesn't help).
Any help would be appreciated.
I've experienced same issue on both FTV and ATV devices. There seems to be a bug that causes the launcher to "hang".

The I found to avoid it is by having a single app in the third section. I found that having more than one app in the third section causes the launcher to hang. @SweenWolf, I am personally happy to provide debug logs if need be to help resolve it.

Alekos

I've experienced same issue on both FTV and ATV devices. There seems to be a bug that causes the launcher to "hang".

The I found to avoid it is by having a single app in the third section. I found that having more than one app in the third section causes the launcher to hang. @SweenWolf, I am personally happy to provide debug logs if need be to help resolve it.
Do you mean rows? Apps and Widgets sections are default. It doesn't matter if apps section is above or below, and it only happens when exiting out of an app. Also tried every Launch Manager version, even the latest one.
Launcher has a default setup on my 2 4k Fire Sticks where I'm experiencing the issue with. 2017 shield works fine with same setup. The remote is working because long pressing on home brings up the menu where I can click apps then wlauncher to go back in.
I have faith you can figure out a workaround.

Last edited:

Finnzz

Sep 26, 2017
A PSA for anyone using Echo Studio + Alexa Home Theater group.

I had my Cube on 7.2.2.9 with updates blocked. This is the FireOS version before the new Amazon home screen layout. I just updated to 7.2.4.2 (latest) figuring I should get it over with before my warranty runs out, just in case.

There are several improvements to the Home Theater mode that were made between the two software versions, that had I known about I would have updated a long time ago.

- stereo audio sources are mixed over all internal Studio speakers (7.2.2.9 only outward firing speakers were used for stereo sources)
- multichannel AAC and multichannel PCM appears to work, where as before it was downmixed to stereo. Useful for some YouTube videos and Plex.

Updating to 7.2.4.2 didn't affect using Wolf Launcher. Rebooting the Cube doesn't appear to be any slower. The only quirk I have seen is that I have gotten a few messages about updating my remote pairing, but that only lasts 10-20s. I also had to delete and repair my Studio and Cube in a Home Theater group to regain Atmos in Netflix.

RG GEIGER

Jul 14, 2010
Welcome.

About the Live TV Guide, that thing is integrated inside Amazon launcher (IMDB app also)
and Amazon launcher is disabled so no live tv.
I find with my fire tv cube 3, the newest remote has a button for the grid guide so while in wolf launcher I can use that button to access all linear tv channels . Loving the addition of widgets. I'd pay Amazon for an ad free version where that part of the screen is for widgets!

😃

Attachments

• 20211025_060304.jpg
    20211025_060304.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:

0815hoffi

Dec 22, 2019
Munich
github.com
works on Xiaomi Mi Stick? what version ill need?
For MiTV Stick I used this Script.

Connect to Stick over ADB.

Install Launcher of your choice.

Then run my Script to disable original Launcher and apply Tweaks.

Based on https://sites.google.com/site/tweakradje/devices/xiaomi-mi-tv-stick

@echo off color 0a echo. cls echo. echo Mi TV Debloat echo. echo Press any Key to Debloat Mi TV pause>nul adb shell "pm disable-user com.google.android.tvlauncher" adb shell "pm disable-user --user 0 com.google.android.apps.tv.launcherx" wait.exe 5 adb shell "pm disable-user --user 0 com.google.android.tungsten.setupwraith" adb shell "pm disable-user com.amazon.amazonvideo.livingroom" adb shell "pm disable-user com.android.printspooler" adb shell "pm disable-user com.android.providers.calendar" adb shell "pm disable-user com.android.providers.contacts" adb shell "pm disable-user com.google.android.music" adb shell "pm disable-user com.google.android.play.games" adb shell "pm disable-user com.google.android.syncadapters.calendar" adb shell "pm disable-user com.google.android.syncadapters.contacts" adb shell "pm disable-user com.google.android.tts" adb shell "pm disable-user com.google.android.tv" adb shell "pm disable-user com.google.android.tv.bugreportsender" adb shell "pm disable-user com.google.android.tv.remote.service" adb shell "pm disable-user com.google.android.videos" adb shell "pm disable-user com.google.android.youtube.tvmusic" adb shell "pm uninstall --user 0 mitv.service" adb shell "pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.mitv.res" adb shell "pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomo.tv.milegal" adb shell "pm uninstall --user 0 android.autoinstalls.config.xioami.mibox3" adb shell "pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.tv.analytics" adb shell "pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.marvin.talkback" adb shell "pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.tvrecommendations" adb shell "pm uninstall --user 0 com.xiaomi.android.tvsetup.partnercustomizer" adb shell "pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.apps.nbu.smartconnect.tv" adb shell "settings delete global show_processes" adb shell "settings delete global sys_storage_threshold_max_bytes" adb shell "settings delete global sys_storage_cache_max_bytes" adb shell "settings delete global wifi_network_show_rssi" adb shell "settings put global HIC_enable 0" adb shell "settings put global activity_manager_constants "max_cached_processes=16,power_check_max_cpu_1=50"" adb shell "settings put global activity_starts_logging_enabled 0" adb shell "settings put global adaptive_battery_management_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put global adb_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put global always_finish_activities 0" adb shell "settings put global animator_duration_scale 0.0" adb shell "settings put global app_auto_restriction_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put global app_standby_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put global assisted_gps_enabled 0" adb shell "settings put global ble_scan_always_enabled 0" adb shell "settings put global bluetooth_disabled_profiles 0" adb shell "settings put global charging_vibration_enabled 0" adb shell "settings put global connectivity_metrics_buffer_size 20000" adb shell "settings put global cpu_frequency_scaling_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put global development_settings_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put global digital_audio_format 2" adb shell "settings put global digital_audio_subformat 5,6,7,10" adb shell "settings put global drc_mode 1" adb shell "settings put global dropbox_age_seconds 1" adb shell "settings put global dropbox_max_files 1" adb shell "settings put global enable_automatic_system_server_heap_dumps 0" adb shell "settings put global enable_cellular_on_boot 0" adb shell "settings put global enable_diskstats_logging 0" adb shell "settings put global enable_ephemeral_feature 0" adb shell "settings put global enable_freeform_support 1" adb shell "settings put global encoded_surround_output 1" adb shell "settings put global encoded_surround_output_enabled_formats 5,6,7,10" adb shell "settings put global external_surround_sound_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put global force_resizable_activities 1" adb shell "settings put global forced_app_standby_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put global foreground_service_starts_logging_enabled 0" adb shell "settings put global fstrim_mandatory_interval 604800000" adb shell "settings put global hdmi_control_auto_device_off_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put global hdmi_control_auto_tv_off_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put global hdmi_control_auto_wakeup_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put global hdmi_control_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put global hdmi_system_audio_control_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put global hdmi_system_audio_status_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put global heads_up_notifications_enabled 0" adb shell "settings put global keep_profile_in_background 0" adb shell "settings put global location_background_throttle_interval_ms 3600000" adb shell "settings put global mobile_data 0" adb shell "settings put global mobile_data_always_on 0" adb shell "settings put global netstats_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put global network_avoid_bad_wifi 0" adb shell "settings put global network_scoring_ui_enabled 0" adb shell "settings put global nrdp_external_surround_sound_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put global nsd_on 1" adb shell "settings put global ntp_server pool.ntp.org" adb shell "settings put global ntp_timeout 5000" adb shell "settings put global ota_disable_automatic_update 1" adb shell "settings put global send_action_app_error 0" adb shell "settings put global shortcut_manager_constants "icon_quality=80" adb shell "settings put global show_temperature_warning 1" adb shell "settings put global swap_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put global sys_free_storage_log_interval 1440" adb shell "settings put global sysui_powerui_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put global tcp_default_init_rwnd 20" adb shell "settings put global unused_static_shared_lib_min_cache_period 300000" adb shell "settings put global use_external_surround_sound_flag 1" adb shell "settings put global user_experience_enabled 0" adb shell "settings put global warning_temperature 95" adb shell "settings put global wifi_bounce_delay_millis 10000" adb shell "settings put global wifi_coverage_extend_feature_enabled 0" adb shell "settings put global wifi_enhanced_auto_join 0" adb shell "settings put global wifi_ephemeral_out_of_range_timeout_ms 60000" adb shell "settings put global wifi_framework_scan_interval_ms 0" adb shell "settings put global wifi_frequency_band 0" adb shell "settings put global wifi_max_dhcp_retry_count 0" adb shell "settings put global wifi_networks_available_notification_on 1" adb shell "settings put global wifi_poor_connection_warning 0" adb shell "settings put global wifi_scan_always_enabled 0" adb shell "settings put global wifi_scan_throttle_enabled 0" adb shell "settings put global wifi_score_params rssi2=-95:-85:-73:-60,rssi5=-85:-82:-70:-57,nud=0,horizon=5" adb shell "settings put global wifi_sleep_policy 0" adb shell "settings put global wifi_suspend_optimizations_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put global wifi_supplicant_scan_interval_ms 5000" adb shell "settings put global wifi_verbose_logging_enabled 0" adb shell "settings put global wifi_wakeup_available 0" adb shell "settings put global wifi_wakeup_enabled 0" adb shell "settings put global wifi_watchdog_poor_network_test_enabled 0" adb shell "settings put global zram_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put system advanced_settings 1" adb shell "settings put system auto_caps 0" adb shell "settings put system auto_punctuate 0" adb shell "settings put system auto_replace 0" adb shell "settings put system bluetooth_discoverability 1" adb shell "settings put system bluetooth_discoverable_timeout 60" adb shell "settings put system font_scale 1.0" adb shell "settings put system haptic_feedback_enabled 0" adb shell "settings put system notification_light_pulse 0" adb shell "settings put system pointer_speed 4" adb shell "settings put system screen_off_timeout 300000 #900000=15 min, time to screensaver/dreams" adb shell "settings put system show_touches 1" adb shell "settings put system sound_effects_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put system support_dolby 1" adb shell "settings put system time_12_24 24" adb shell "settings put system vibrate_input_devices 0" adb shell "settings put system volume_bluetooth_sco 15" adb shell "settings put system volume_music_bt_a2dp 15" adb shell "settings put secure automatic_storage_manager_enabled 0" adb shell "settings put secure backup_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put secure camera_gesture_disabled 1" adb shell "settings put secure clock_seconds 0" adb shell "settings put secure double_tap_to_wake 0" adb shell "settings put secure doze_enabled 0" adb shell "settings put secure immersive_mode_confirmations 1" adb shell "settings put secure instant_apps_enabled 0" adb shell "settings put secure long_press_timeout 500" adb shell "settings put secure mount_ums_autostart 0" adb shell "settings put secure mount_ums_notify_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put secure multi_press_timeout 400" adb shell "settings put secure night_display_activated 0" adb shell "settings put secure night_display_auto_mode 0" adb shell "settings put secure parental_control_enabled 0" adb shell "settings put secure sleep_timeout 3600000" adb shell "settings put secure spell_checker_enabled 0" adb shell "settings put secure swipe_up_to_switch_apps_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put secure system_navigation_keys_enabled 1" adb shell "settings put secure sysui_do_not_disturb 1" adb shell "settings put secure sysui_hwui_edge_bleed 0" adb shell "settings put secure sysui_hwui_rounded_divider 0" adb shell "settings put secure sysui_volume_down_silent 1" adb shell "settings put secure sysui_volume_up_silent 1" adb shell "settings put secure theme_mode 1 #0=auto 1=light 2=dark" adb shell "settings put secure upload_debug_log_pref 0" adb shell "settings put secure upload_log_pref 0" adb shell "settings put secure usb_audio_automatic_routing_disabled 1" adb shell "settings put secure wake_gesture_enabled 0" echo done adb shell reboot goto EOF :EOF

Finnzz

Sep 26, 2017
How would I go about using launcher manager and then install wolf launcher etc? Is there any compatibility for that?
Launcher Manager is a tool/app that enables/disables the default Amazon launch screen, and then assigns a new app as the launch screen.

Wolf Launcher is a replacement home screen that Launcher Manager sets as your home screen.

There aren't any compatibility issues between any of the Launcher Manager versions and Wolf Launcher versions. The two apps are companions, but they don't depend on each other to function.

If you like, you can even use a different launcher like the 'Leanback Launcher' rather than Wolf Launcher if you prefer the look.

Nov 10, 2012
Morganton
Launcher Manager is a tool/app that enables/disables the default Amazon launch screen, and then assigns a new app as the launch screen.

Wolf Launcher is a replacement home screen that Launcher Manager sets as your home screen.

There aren't any compatibility issues between any of the Launcher Manager versions and Wolf Launcher versions. The two apps are companions, but they don't depend on each other to function.

If you like, you can even use a different launcher like the 'Leanback Launcher' rather than Wolf Launcher if you prefer the look.
Ahh ok. Problem I am having is, the custom launcher doesn't activate on boot, and when I press the home button, it takes me right back out of the launcher (when I have it running) and back to the default tv launcher (Android TV Home). So kinda cumbersome. I had it set up nicely on the tivo stream 4k. Wolf launcher would start on boot and go back to wolf launcher after I press the home button on the remote to leave an app. The ONN 44 will not do that. I switched back to the ONN due to not being able to use any usb hubs that would work with expanded storage. The onn (with a bit of adb commands) now has adoptable storage, which wasn't possible before. AND I can use pretty much any powered usb hub to run the external sd drive, controllers etc on it.

Finnzz

Sep 26, 2017
Ahh ok. Problem I am having is, the custom launcher doesn't activate on boot, and when I press the home button, it takes me right back out of the launcher (when I have it running) and back to the default tv launcher (Android TV Home). So kinda cumbersome. I had it set up nicely on the tivo stream 4k. Wolf launcher would start on boot and go back to wolf launcher after I press the home button on the remote to leave an app. The ONN 44 will not do that. I switched back to the ONN due to not being able to use any usb hubs that would work with expanded storage. The onn (with a bit of adb commands) now has adoptable storage, which wasn't possible before. AND I can use pretty much any powered usb hub to run the external sd drive, controllers etc on it.
Oh, I was assuming you were using a FireTV device. If you are using a device with AndroidTV, use Launcher Manager (ATV). ATV - AndroidTV. If you were using the FireOS version, then it was looking for the Amazon launcher to disable, not the ATV Launcher.

See if the ATV version works for you.

CloudItaly

Aug 29, 2021
Hello! I want buy the new Fire TV 4k MAX.

Can I use "Launch Manager with Wolf Launcher" like FireTV4K?

For example with "Basic (2018)", don't work "Home" button.

Finnzz

Sep 26, 2017

Launcher Manager is still working without any problems on FireOS6 and OS7. It should be fine on the 4k max (OS7).

SweenWolf himself is using the 4k stick (2018 with FireOS6) and home button mapping works.

It's FireOS5 that has the home button mapping problem.

Reactions: CloudItaly

rihcus

Jun 4, 2020
FOS5 latest version force closed on my Firesticks 2nd . It opened once at the first time, then not anymore. Permissions had been granted. I disinstalled and installed again. Then it opened, and I could choose and save the default launcher. All apps I opened afterwards closed after a few minutes. So sorry to say, it still doesn't work.
Idk if this applies but it works for me (though kinda finiky). What I notice after opening a few apps or spending a long time in certain video apps pressing the homebutton goes back to stock fire tv launcher I then have to reopen launchermanager settings and then the home button will work for a while. I wonder if this is because FOS5 is trying to optimize apps and killing them in the background (fire tv 1st gen).

Also using wolf launcher

CloudItaly

Aug 29, 2021
I have some problem with Launcher Manger 1.13 and Wolf 0.19 with 4K MAX.

1. the apps appears without icon in amazon launcher
2. if I use amazon launcher and start "wolf launcher", wolf launcher is working correctly.
If with Launcher Manager set Wolf like default, the home button is working but not working the launcher.

Finnzz

Sep 26, 2017
The fire OS is 7.2.5.5
The issue with icons not showing is a problem with sideloaded apps in general. A more detailed explanation:

To your second point, I'm not sure I understand. When you use Launcher Manager, and enable custom launcher (wolf launcher in your case). Pressing the home button takes you to Wolf Launcher or the default Amazon Launcher?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Navigation sounds automatically turning on after every restart.
    Launcher Manager does not modify any system settings on boot. There may be some other issue.

Slow boot up on firestick max running os 7.2.5.5 ps7255/2444 maybe takes 1 1/2 - 2mins yet on 4k firestick os6.2.8.1 it fine.
    1.1.3 LM & 0.1.9 WL
    Any ideas? Boots fine less than 30 seconds without setting wl as default launcher
    Its an issue with the OS itself, can be patched by Amazon.

ISSUE:
    a) On home screen, i don't see the launcher manager icon and wolf launcher icon.
    b) I open Launcher Manager, I click on "Enable Custom lancher" and appears "Sistema Android" instead Wolf Launcher.

Can you tell me where am I wrong?
    FireOS 7 running on Android 9 (pie) does gray out Icons of third party apps, it downloads the icons from the amazon server.

When you click on Enable custom launcher,
    If the system has only 1 custom launcher then by default it will switch to it.
    If it finds more than on custom launcher it will prompt the user for a default selection, like you mentioned above. (Indicating by showing "Android System" or in your case "Sistema Android", you can press home button to select your choice of launcher. After selecting the launcher click on always to select the launcher.
    You will always be promoted on every install or uninstall of any third party launcher.
    Launcher manager can also act as a launcher, if you enable Custom launcher handler from the Launcher options menu.

You can always find installed apps with their icons in Application section of Amazon settings.

Launcher Manager is still working without any problems on FireOS6 and OS7. It should be fine on the 4k max (OS7).

SweenWolf himself is using the 4k stick (2018 with FireOS6) and home button mapping works.

It's FireOS5 that has the home button mapping problem.
    WHich is last apk to download for Fire Stick 4K Max ?

Thank
    Hispa
    Use Wolf Launcher 0.1.9 reposted here:

I just checked the MD5 Hash and can confirm it matches the last version that was posted.
    MD5: 70597fb37712c7ea824adedb35f0a761

Use Launcher Manager [LM (FOS) 1.1.3] from the OP:
    Slow boot up on firestick max running os 7.2.5.5 ps7255/2444 maybe takes 1 1/2 - 2mins yet on 4k firestick os6.2.8.1 it fine.
    1.1.3 LM & 0.1.9 WL
    Any ideas? Boots fine less than 30 seconds without setting wl as default launcher
    @SweenWolf
    thanks for your reply.
    If I enable custom laucher, the current launcher becomes "Sistema Android".
    I can see two choise:
    -> LM Custom Launcher Handler
    -> Wolf Launcher.

which of the two options should I choose? And why?
    Wolf Launcher because that's what you're trying to use
    LAUNCHER MANAGER (FOS 6+)
    STEPS TO ENABLE CUSTOM LAUNCHER:
    1. Download Launcher Manager by clicking or by using short link and install on your FireTV. (Latest: 1.1.3)
    2. Install a Custom Launcher and then open Launcher Manager.
    3. To Enable Custom Launcher, Click on "Launcher Options" and select "Enable Custom Launcher".
    If you get "CONNECTION FAILED" then see INFO section.
    4. Press [Home] to open your custom launcher.
    If your Current Launcher says "Launcher Manager", see INFO section.

STEPS TO GO STOCK:
    Click on "Disable Custom Launcher", press Home.
    INFO:
    • If you get "CONNECTION FAILED", click on "OPEN ADB SETTINGS" and enable "ADB DEBUGGING" and Press BACK Button. If you still get this error Restart your Device (Long Press SELECT + PLAY/PAUSE Button)and disconnect from PC if Connected.
    • If your Current Launcher says "Launcher Manager", it means you don't have a custom launcher Installed, just install the launcher and you'll be good to go, no need to enable stock.
    • You can only open some of the Settings using Launcher Manager, to Access All the Settings then you have to Disable Custom Launcher.
    SCREENSHOTS (1.0.7):
    S1.png S2.png S3.png S4.png S5.png

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Changelog:

• Re-added option for Selecting any app as launcher (LM Handler), can be accessed within Launcher Options.
    • Added Keyboard Change Options (in Display & Sound section)
    • Reuploaded version
      • Fixed 4K detection for Display Resolution
      • Fixed Crash for Devices with non-usable overscan values
    • Added Display & Sounds Option (Display, Sounds, Overscan, CEC)
    • Fixed Equipment Control
    • Boot Delay is fixed by Amzon on newer Roms.
    • Settings from Amazon Hud opens Launcher Manager (On updating to 1.0.9 from older version its mendatory to click on "Enable Custom Launcher" just one time for this to work)
    • For the Devices with New Updated Amazon Interface
    • Removed Launcher Choices
    • Now using single key for all the apps. (Remove older version first to update the key.)
    • Delay is still there, needs logcat
    • In-app Updates
    • Fixed some bugs
    • Changed UI
    • Changed Package Name
    • Changed Install location to Internal Only
    • Added System and Developers Shortcut
    • Fixed issue where launcher is stuck sometimes
    • Added option to choose any Custom Launcher *
    • Can be Launched from Amazon Hud *
    * Needs Launcher Manager to be set as Default Launcher. (LM is auto selected)
    * If launched by Amazon HUD, Long press will open Launcher manager, press back to exit from there. (Fixed in 1.0.6)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FireOS Update Blocker (FOS 6+)
    This app can be used to Enable or Disable Amazon System Update.
    Update Blocker (Click to Download)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    LAUNCHER MANAGER (Android TV)
    STEPS TO ENABLE CUSTOM LAUNCHER:
    1. Download Launcher Manager by clicking or by using short link and install on your AndroidTV. (Latest: 1.0.3)
    2. Install a Custom Launcher and then open Launcher Manager.
    3. To Enable Custom Launcher, Click on "Enable Custom Launcher".
    4. Press [Home] to open your custom launcher.

STEPS TO GO STOCK:
    Click on "Disable Custom Launcher", press Home.
    FIRETV SETTINGS (3.0)
    *ANY FIREOS (Version 71 or lower) or 6.2.8.0 with patched Accessibility
    pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
    needed for proper working of this app

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW (not necessary for app working)
    needed to show mouse/package overlay

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS (needed for package overlay only when accessibility services are disabled) (not needed)

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.READ_LOGS
    (needed for prime accessibility workaround) (prime workaround will disable accessibility services temporarily so prime video will auto hide the bar, it will restart the services once home button is pressed).

To start service for first time click on (START SERVICE) on Top Right.

To toggle mouse mode long press "Play/Pause", to scroll use Fast Forward/Rewind
    press menu button to switch scrolling direction.

Key Bindings:
    Menu (Long Press) + Home (Long Press) = Traditional Amazon Menu
    Menu (Long Press) + Home (Single Click) = Amazon Home
    Home (Long Press) = Shortcuts & App Drawer
    (In App Drawer) Long Press on Item = App option & Appstore link

Mouse functionality added from this source. MATVT (GitHub)

LAUNCHER MANAGER (1.0.6) (FOS5)

STEPS:

1. Steps to install app on FireTV
    Download Main File via this link Launcher Manager (FOS5)
    then install it on Your FireTV running FireOS 5

2. Steps to be setup the App

If you know how to use ADB then here are the commands
    adb shell pm grant com.wolf.fos5.settings android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW
    adb shell pm grant com.wolf.fos5.settings android.permission.READ_LOGS
    [OR]
    or you can download FireTV Toolbox
    install it on any Android device (not on the Main FireTV device)
    Enter the IP address of your FireTV in this app and click on Connect
    Click on "GO" button after "Setup Launcher Manager"
    it will auto launch the app on FireTV.
    Select the launcher of your choice and enable Launcher Detection, click on save.

FireTV Toolbox
    http://bit.ly/SWFTB16
    Launcher Manager (FireOS 5)
    http://bit.ly/SW5LM106
    This isn't a confidence-inspiring reply.

I don't actually care if you took an abandoned app and updated it making it your own, but the second half of your reply is just unnecessarily confrontational.

You could have just reassured me that your edits were safe, but you choose to be defensive instead.

I think I'll remove your launcher and look for something via the Play Store.

I've lost all confidence in Wolf Launcher.
    Look I'm gonna tell you and everyone what I've done with the launcher till now,
    I have changed the way it launches the app, on latest pro (any pro) it used to crash the apps.
    I fixed the title bar. I then optimized it for FireTV (not any other OS, which caused it to misbehave on some device) which i later fixed. Then some people were having trouble installing both ATV and Wolf simultanously. so i had to change package name which made me to change the launcher name also (that might have been wrong on my side). then i optimized the app once again for FireOS (it caused some freeze issue). Then to fix Setting of Amazon HUD (older version of FireOS), I had to add a code to handle settings (it only works on Amazon and no other device). I changed some sections to give user large wall (that was temporary fix). I removed some http links, but they are used either for update check or to change Network State in the launcher.
    Then i added "App Info" to the launcher, which i only added for non-system apps.
    Later i removed the large section mod and unlocked the widget for Firestick 4k.
    Then I added "Other Settings" which contained option to clear cache and Backup/ Restore function.
    i also added a code which starts the services of Launcher Manager (thats also mainly for FireOS and thats because of Boot Delay). I also added a stroke for tiles.
    thats all i have done to the apk. I have not done this mod to make any money, and i can assure you this app is safe to use. My only intention to mod this app was that this app was almost perfect and there was some bugs which i had to fix myself because the support of this launcher were down. And the only issue at that time was app crash for which i decided not to compile a launcher by myself. I am not forcing you to do anything, I am just clarifying myself, The apps which i have created are safe. and are to improve the user experience only.
    i do not like to or want to rip someone off. I started this mod for FireOS only and no other OS.
    Wolf Launcher is Modded by me, ATV Launcher is an edit of Wolf Launcher which is a mod of ATV.
    ATV Launcher is not edited by me, Its up to you what version you want to stick to. they both can be installed alongside each other.

I have decided to drop any more further update to the Wolf Launcher.

Thanks for response. I understand your answer. Please continue development, because many people use Wolf Launcher on both Shield and Amazon devices. We need you!

Yeah, asking questions is bad... 🤦‍♂️

Moron.

The "I'll uninstall and go to the play store" part is what came off as offensive. He was hesitating to respond because he'd have to remember all the constant changes he'd made in updates - and correctly told you to decompile the apk (or hire someone to do so).

Please have some common-sense. Many Shield users have network monitoring enabled and can detect suspicious activities. That's how Google's ad-serving URL was discovered by the community. If Wolf Launcher was doing something bad, someone would have noticed by this time & gotten a bazillion upvotes on Reddit for posting about it.

And if you didn't notice, pretty much all the launchers on play store have been abandoned by their developers. Far as I know, this is one of two that's actively developed. The work @SweenWolf is doing here to over-come Amazon's censorship will benefit us - if Google attempts to impose that on the Shield.

So in-between passive-aggressively accusing him of stuff - say thank you for being one of the few who is keeping alternate launchers ALIVE.
    The whole line of questioning seems absurd.

Starting with the old, 'people are saying' and 'I'm just asking questions'. And then being offended by not getting a happy friendly reply, to what you are insinuating.

If you don't trust the developer of the app+mod to not add malware, why would you trust him to tell you if there is malware? The logic there is rediculous. If you don't trust the developer, investigate the app yourself. If that's beyond your capability, don't install it and move on.

I see a couple comments on Reddit asking why Google services was removed (including from the person complaining here), apparently oblivious to the fact that they are in the FireTV section of XDA and that FireOS doesn't have the Google Play Store.

Some simple reading of this thread and one can see that this app+mod was developed for FireTV devices. As it's become more popular AndroidTV users have asked for modifications to use it for their devices.

It's one thing to be cautious and another thing to passive aggressively accuse someone of something with zero evidence.
    LAUNCHER MANAGER ULTIMATE

This app can disable Stock Launcher of Any Android TV (except anything running on Fireos 5), it requires Network Debugging to function.
    The way it works is it finds the stock launcher and disables it.
    It does that in a loop until "android" itself is set as default launcher.
    at this point if there are no Custom launchers are installed on the system then you will see only a black screen.
    So a custom launcher should be installed prior to enabling the custom launcher.

some apps also broadcasts themselves as launcher and if they are installed as system app and are set as default launcher then it will also disable them.
    some launcher integrates settings in them so disabling the launcher will disable settings also.
    the apps who broadcasts themselves as Fallback home will not be disabled.

There were certain cases where user uninstalled launcher and got blank screen, to mitigate that issue LMU will set itself as the launcher and call the other launchers on its behalf. so if the launcher is deleted then pressing the home button will launch LMU, from where you can disable custom launcher support.

If it detects that after disabling everything it doesn't reach the "android" itself and is unable to find a launcher then it will rollback itself, enabling every single thing it disabled.

Changes:
    Fixed Settings Shortcut for Amazon Hud.
    Fixed Disabling of "Android"

All other functionalities are similar to Launcher Manager from the First Post.
    Screenrecord:
    Launcher Manager Ultimate

PERMISSIONS MANAGER
    This app uses shell to grant or deny any permissions that an app requires.
    Usage:
    Select an app and click on it
    From the list of permission which you want to grant or deny the access and click ok
    select "Allow" or "Deny"

I started the app a long time ago, but made no change to it, It does its job so I'm not gonna bother in improving its looks.
    Ignore any typo you find and especially if you see "Launcher Manager" in it, these aren't related i just copy pasted the code and not changed the variables.