[APP][FIRETV][NOROOT] Launcher Manager (Change Launcher without Root)

Search This thread

Finnzz

Sep 26, 2017
Thank you man, I really needed this from a good source.

It's crazy that these untrustworthy YouTube guys are offering it up, without even giving SweenWolf credit.
I prefer to get the files from Wolf directly, but if that's not possible, you can ask people on this thread for the hash to confirm that any file from a secondary source is not altered.

Someone else had posted a link to the file on this thread that did not match the hash of the original file, and I'm not sure what the difference was, but the file was noticably bigger.

I can confirm that the MD5 Hash for Wolf Launcher 1.0.9

70597fb37712c7ea824adedb35f0a761

barth2

Jan 30, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S10+
FS MAX running 7.2.5.5 LM FOS 1.1.3. Wolf launcher 1.0.9

When I change display mode in LM from 4k to 1080p, it works, but now I can no longer go back to 2160p. Only display modes listed are Auto and1080p and below. Selecting Auto does nothing.

(If I have a 4k TV, why would I set display mode to anything other than 4k, you may ask. Because most stuff I watch are 1080p and image quality is better if I let TV upscale to 4k rather than let the firestick do it. Of course when I do play 4k then I want firestick to output 4k)

Edit to add I am also seeing long boot time on fs MAX like several other users in this thread.

Last edited:

Finnzz

Sep 26, 2017
FS MAX running 7.2.5.5 LM FOS 1.1.3. Wolf launcher 1.0.9

When I change display mode in LM from 4k to 1080p, it works, but now I can no longer go back to 2160p. Only display modes listed are Auto and1080p and below. Selecting Auto does nothing.

(If I have a 4k TV, why would I set display mode to anything other than 4k, you may ask. Because most stuff I watch are 1080p and image quality is better if I let TV upscale to 4k rather than let the firestick do it. Of course when I do play 4k then I want firestick to output 4k)

Edit to add I am also seeing long boot time on fs MAX like several other users in this thread.
Have you tried temporarily disabling the custom launcher, going into the regular FireTV settings / display and switching the resolution back to 4k? This will give you an idea if the missing resolution is related to LM specifically, or a more general FireOS issue.

Right now only the 4k Max is on the newest FireOS7 version 7.2.5.5. Someone with a 4k Max will have to use something like Logcat to try to figure out what the OS is waiting on that is causing the boot delay. That would help in trying to find a fix.

I only have the 2nd gen Cube, and I don't think Wolf has the 4k Max.

barth2

Jan 30, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Have you tried temporarily disabling the custom launcher, going into the regular FireTV settings / display and switching the resolution back to 4k? This will give you an idea if the missing resolution is related to LM specifically, or a more general FireOS issue.

Right now only the 4k Max is on the newest FireOS7 version 7.2.5.5. Someone with a 4k Max will have to use something like Logcat to try to figure out what the OS is waiting on that is causing the boot delay. That would help in trying to find a fix.

I only have the 2nd gen Cube, and I don't think Wolf has the 4k Max.
I enabled stock launcher and set res back to Auto. Then back in LM, I switched to 1080p and nothing happened. Verified from my TV's info that it was still 4k. Rebooted. Now res was 1080p, and all res above 1080p gone as option. Changing to Auto did nothing. Rebooted and now in 4k and all res available. So it appears reboot is required for display mode change to take effect, and when current mode is 1080p, 2160p@60 and 2160p@50 are not present as options, only Auto

Another oddity is when I try to search in appstore, I get dumped right back to where I launched appstore from. This isn't specific to LM. I got this when I was using adb shell pm disable-user com.amazon.tv.launcher --user 0

What logcat do you need? I have adb working.

Reactions: Bashar20

jaibubwan

Jan 31, 2017
Hey guys, can the Launcher Manager make an app like Kodi the default launcher?

I have an Nvidia Shield TV Pro. The default launcher is ugly and infested with lame ads. Wolf Launcher only displays shortcuts without much content or widgets.

I've setup Kodi to have all Android app shortcuts and it lets you add lots of content widgets. I even tested it out a few months ago with some older tools & it worked perfectly as a launcher.

I like that the tools here are regularly updated, that's why I'm curious if they can work for this purpose.

barth2

Jan 30, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S10+

I have an Nvidia Shield TV Pro. The default launcher is ugly and infested with lame ads. Wolf Launcher only displays shortcuts without much content or widgets.

I've setup Kodi to have all Android app shortcuts and it lets you add lots of content widgets. I even tested it out a few months ago with some older tools & it worked perfectly as a launcher.

I like that the tools here are regularly updated, that's why I'm curious if they can work for this purpose.
It does let you select any app as launcher. However, this feature doesn't seem to be working on the firestick max. But the max is new and several things aren't working. YMMV

jaibubwan

Jan 31, 2017
It does let you select any app as launcher. However, this feature doesn't seem to be working on the firestick max. But the max is new and several things aren't working. YMMV
Hmmm...for my Shield Pro, I was told only the older "ATV" version of Launcher Manager works. So I downloaded that from the attachments.

When I ran it, I got the default Android pop up asking to choose a launcher/home screen. There were only two options: Wolf Launcher & maybe the Androud default.

I'm trying to reproduce the pop now by disabling the Launcher Manager & re-enabling it. But it now just defaults to Wolf Launcher everytime.

Last edited:

Finnzz

Sep 26, 2017
I enabled stock launcher and set res back to Auto. Then back in LM, I switched to 1080p and nothing happened. Verified from my TV's info that it was still 4k. Rebooted. Now res was 1080p, and all res above 1080p gone as option. Changing to Auto did nothing. Rebooted and now in 4k and all res available. So it appears reboot is required for display mode change to take effect, and when current mode is 1080p, 2160p@60 and 2160p@50 are not present as options, only Auto

Another oddity is when I try to search in appstore, I get dumped right back to where I launched appstore from. This isn't specific to LM. I got this when I was using adb shell pm disable-user com.amazon.tv.launcher --user 0

I'm not sure about the resolution switching. One thing that you might find more convenient is using the resolution switching shortcut on the remote. Press and hold [up] + [rewind] for 5-10sec.

Do you have a high end Sony? Is the upscaling on your TV really better than the Fire stick? I can't tell the difference between my Cube and my TV in terms of upscaling, but I'm not sitting close enough probably.

Regarding logcat, you would have to run it during the bootup process to see if there is any indication of what the system is waiting on. You may need to connect via USB if network access is not available on the stick during bootup.

If you disable wolf launcher, uninstall it, and try to enable launcher in the launcher manager, does it let you pick Kodi then?

jaibubwan

Jan 31, 2017
If you disable wolf launcher, uninstall it, and try to enable launcher in the launcher manager, does it let you pick Kodi then?

The Launcher Manager ATV version is very weird.

If you uninstall Wolf Launcher...then enable Launcher Manager ATV...you only get two options in the home screen selection pop-up:
- Arc Browser (game collection app)
- TVUsage (security app)

So Kodi is not available as an option. And there's no way to select it from a list.

I wish it had some option that let you select your own app as a home screen launcher.

Last edited:

dikodahan

Jul 25, 2021
I am also seeing some issues with the ATV version of the LM (using v1.0.3).
On a recent new Google TV interface (TCL TV with official Google TV v11) the LM is not "catching" the Enable Custom Launcher command. It looks like it is trying to do something but fails.

@SweenWolf any ideas?
Thank you!

Finnzz

Sep 26, 2017
The Launcher Manager ATV version is very weird.

If you uninstall Wolf Launcher...then enable Launcher Manager ATV...you only get two options in the home screen selection pop-up:
- Arc Browser (game collection app)
- TVUsage (security app)

So Kodi is not available as an option. And there's no way to select it from a list.

I wish it had some option that let you select your own app as a home screen launcher.
Looking back, it may be Launcher Manager Ultimate that let's you choose any app. Check out the second post on this thread, and see if that works for you:

I am also seeing some issues with the ATV version of the LM (using v1.0.3).
On a recent new Google TV interface (TCL TV with official Google TV v11) the LM is not "catching" the Enable Custom Launcher command. It looks like it is trying to do something but fails.

You could try Launcher Manager Ultimate too to see if it works any better.

Reactions: jaibubwan

jaibubwan

Jan 31, 2017
Reactions: Finnzz

jaibubwan

Jan 31, 2017
Looking back, it may be Launcher Manager Ultimate that let's you choose any app. Check out the second post on this thread, and see if that works for you:

You could try Launcher Manager Ultimate too to see if it works any better.

Yes! Launcher Manager Ultimate is the best solution for my Nvidia Shield Pro. I was able to set Kodi as the launcher.

Even when launching other apps, pressing the remote's home button returned to Kodi (as the new home).

I even "stress tested" by opening the Shield's task manager and exiting Kodi. What happened was that when the home had to be accessed again, it simply re-started the Kodi app.

Furthermore, if you read the text on the Launcher Manager Ultimate page, it explains how the app uses a layered process to make sure users can easily recover if anything goes wrong.

This covers all scenarios. What a great solution!

Thanks again Finnzz for responding to my posts - and SweenWolf for designing such a great and up-to-date solution!

Reactions: Finnzz

Finnzz

Sep 26, 2017

Thinking about it, the Resolution menu in Launcher Manager is probably something written with ADB commands rather than by giving us a shortcut to the native menu. I just got a 4k capable TV and I was not right before. I see all the resolutions but as you said it doesn't trigger the TV to change when I select them. I'm also on FireOS7 like the Max. Requiring a reboot might be a difference between FireOS6 and FireOS7. Maybe there is a command to trigger a resolution switch without a reboot. Wolf may know.

You can use the remote shortcut to cycle resolutions ([up] + [reverse] for 5sec). It's a little bit of a hassle since you have to cycle through each resolution with a break in between.

I can say that the Amazon App Store search relies on the Amazon Launcher Manager, and won't work because it's disabled.

Last edited:

barth2

Jan 30, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Thinking about it, the Resolution menu in Launcher Manager is probably something written with ADB commands rather than by giving us a shortcut to the native menu. I just got a 4k capable TV and I was not right before. I see all the resolutions but as you said it doesn't trigger the TV to change when I select them. I'm also on FireOS7 like the Max. Requiring a reboot might be a difference between FireOS6 and FireOS7. Maybe there is a command to trigger a resolution switch without a reboot. Wolf may know.

On FS MAX, SmartTubeNext stable will switch display mode to best match the resolution and refresh rate of whatever video you are playing. I verified this with system status monitor. So it IS possible, but perhaps with API calls, not adb.

simonho1989

Apr 17, 2011
any thoughts on open sourcing the app?
i am a hobbylist android dev too
i really would like to learn how do you do the adb commands on the app itself

Finnzz

Sep 26, 2017
any thoughts on open sourcing the app?
i am a hobbylist android dev too
i really would like to learn how do you do the adb commands on the app itself
I'm normally all for open source, but in the case of Launcher Manager, it's helping users avoid Amazon advertising, which I'm sure they are not positive about. Amazingly, Amazon hasn't patched FireOS to make LM unusable yet. They have killed older methods of enabling costum launchers in the past.

I don't doubt that the FireOS team is aware of LM and probably knows what loopholes it's exploiting to make it's magic happen. I'm assuming those loopholes haven't been closed because there is no easy way to close them without also restricting some of the capabilities that are important to regular FireTV users.

I worry that making LM open source will only help the FireOS team to bring an end to it faster.

There is another FireOS project here on XDA that leaves you with the Amazon Launcher but removes all the ads. That developer isn't even making his APK public because he's worried Amazon will patch against it immediately. It's just a very small closed beta.

It may be more reasonable to open source LM if FireOS does kill it in an update. At that point there is nothing to be lost to Amazon. And users will have to decide if they want to keep updates blocked to keep using LM, or update for whatever benefit it might bring and lose LM.

yurividal

May 3, 2008
London
@SweenWolf first of all, thank you for your work on WolfLauncher!
I have been using version 0.1.9 and i think i have found a small bug. I am unable to delete a folder. I have already emptied the folder, but when i click delete folder and confirm, nothing happens.
Also, where is the best place to get updates for this launcher? I had been using a very old version, and had no idea that v0.1.9 was out!
Thanks mate

Woodman1965

May 2, 2021
Hi There, i'm using the Fire TV launcher settings. Secure Permissions are granted,
but Accessibility Service stopped.

FireTv Box 2 Generation with OS 5.2.8.0

Where is the mistake ? Need some advice.

Greetings

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Workaround for Custom Launcher (will have a 5 second delay while switching)

I recently bought a brand new Fire TV Lite (so I now have 2 FTV's the 4K Max on the lounge room TV and the Lite on the bedroom TV). I managed to get Launcher Manager running perfectly on the FTV Lite, which runs 7.6.6.9 firmware. I can also run Mouse Toggle etc with no problems. I assume this would work on a brand new 4K or 4K Max as well. Note you must have a brand new FTV that has never had any firmware updates.

This is how I managed it:​
    1. Before I connected the new FTV Lite for the first time, I made sure the following were blocked on my router:

amzdigital-a.akamaihd.net
      amzdigitaldownloads.edgesuite.net
      d1s31zyz7dcc2d.cloudfront.net
      softwareupdates.amazon.com
      updates.amazon.com

Leave these blocked on your router; never connect your FTV to the router unless these are blocked. If you do, there is a high chance an update will push through, permanently preventing your access to
    2. Connected the FTV Lite for the first time out of the box, and connected to WiFi, and going through setup process.
    3. FTV Lite should get stuck indefinitely when trying to search for updates. At this point press and hold BACK and MENU buttons on the remote for a few seconds. Voice Assist menu will appear on the screen. Wait a few seconds, and then press BACK button again to return to setup; it shoudl skip the firmware update process. Continue with the setup (eg logging in to your Amazon account etc).
    4. Once you've completed the setup process, and you're at the default FTV menu, go through the normal process of enabling ADB (go to About menu, click 7 times on the firmware version etc.
    5. Now you can install Downloader, and use it to install Mouse Toggle, Launcher Manager 1.1.9 etc. and everything should work.
    VERY IMPORTANT: I can't emphasise enough to never unblock the above URLs on your router. If you need to reset your router settings etc., I would recommend to unplug the power to your FTV first. After resetting your router or whatever, make sure the above URLs are blocked before reconnecting your FTV to the network.

Hope this helps!
    How exactly is Amazon detecting the adb debugger? I was thinking maybe we could trick it by using port forwarding on a router? App sends the data out on one port, but router sends it back on another. We know external debug still works...
    How exactly is Amazon detecting the adb debugger? I was thinking maybe we could trick it by using port forwarding on a router? App sends the data out on one port, but router sends it back on another. We know external debug still works...
    amazon is actually using the adb deamon to check if the address is local or remote. The block is now a part of Android Boot Image instead of Android System Image.
    LAUNCHER MANAGER (FOS 6+)
    STEPS TO ENABLE CUSTOM LAUNCHER:
    Before installing version 1.1.8 uninstall any previous version.
    1. Download Launcher Manager by clicking or by using short link and install on your FireTV.
    (Latest: 1.1.8)
    2. Install a Custom Launcher and then open Launcher Manager.
    3. To Enable Custom Launcher, Click on "Launcher Options" and go to "Home Button Hook".
    Enable "Home Button Hook" and "Use ADB for Home" then select Trigger of your choice.
    4. Go to previous menu, then go to "Custom Launcher Options" and select "Active Launcher"
    to select launcher of your choice.
    5. Press [Home] to open your custom launcher.

STEPS TO DISABLE CUSTOM LAUNCHER:
    To Disable Custom Launcher, Click on "Launcher Options" and go to "Home Button Hook",
    Disable "Home Button Hook" and "Use ADB for Home".
    INFO:
    • If you get "CONNECTION FAILED", click on "OPEN ADB SETTINGS" and enable "ADB DEBUGGING" and Press BACK Button. If you still get this error Restart your Device (Long Press SELECT + PLAY/PAUSE Button) and disconnect from PC if Connected.
    • If your Current Launcher says "Launcher Manager", it means you don't have a custom launcher Installed, just install the launcher and you'll be good to go, no need to enable stock.
    LAUNCHER MANAGER (1.1.5):

Credits:
    @Finnzz

Changelog:
    1.1.8 (14-Mar-23)

• Uses ADB to launch Home
    1.1.6 (02-Mar-22)
    • Added Some more Translation
    • Added System apps to LMU Handler
    • Added Password protection for LM
    • Fixed app conflict issue
    • Fixed icon on Fireos 7
    • Added option to execute saved adb shell commands
    • Integrated Update Blocker in LM (Doesn't work with latest release of FireOS)
    1.1.5 (03-Jan-22)
    • Added German and Spanish Translation
    • Some Bug Fixes
    • Some minor changes
    • Ability to change Screensaver
    • Ability to change System Language (on Request)
    • Added / Changed some Icons
    • Some minor changes
    • Re-added option for Selecting any app as launcher (LM Handler), can be accessed within Launcher Options.
    • Added Keyboard Change Options (in Display & Sound section) (moved to Other Settings)
    • Reuploaded version
      • Fixed 4K detection for Display Resolution
      • Fixed Crash for Devices with non-usable overscan values
    • Added Display & Sounds Option (Display, Sounds, Overscan, CEC)
    • Changing Display Resolution requires System Restart
    • Fixed Equipment Control
    • Boot Delay is fixed by Amzon on newer Roms.
    • Settings from Amazon Hud opens Launcher Manager (On updating to 1.0.9 from older version its mendatory to click on "Enable Custom Launcher" just one time for this to work)
    • For the Devices with New Updated Amazon Interface
    • Removed Launcher Choices
    • Now using single key for all the apps. (Remove older version first to update the key.)
    • Delay is still there, needs logcat
    • In-app Updates
    • Fixed some bugs
    • Changed UI
    • Changed Package Name
    • Changed Install location to Internal Only
    • Added System and Developers Shortcut
    • Fixed issue where launcher is stuck sometimes
    • Added option to choose any Custom Launcher *
    • Can be Launched from Amazon Hud *
    * Needs Launcher Manager to be set as Default Launcher. (LM is auto selected)
    * If launched by Amazon HUD, Long press will open Launcher manager, press back to exit from there. (Fixed in 1.0.6)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FireOS Update Blocker (FOS 6+)
    This app can be used to Enable or Disable Amazon System Update.
    Update Blocker (Click to Download)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    LAUNCHER MANAGER (Android TV)
    STEPS TO ENABLE CUSTOM LAUNCHER:
    1. Download Launcher Manager by clicking or by using short link and install on your AndroidTV. (Latest: 1.0.4)
    2. Install a Custom Launcher and then open Launcher Manager.
    3. To Enable Custom Launcher, Click on "Enable Custom Launcher".
    4. Press [Home] to open your custom launcher.

STEPS TO GO STOCK:
    Click on "Disable Custom Launcher", press Home.

• Added Custom Launcher support
    FIRETV SETTINGS (3.0)
    *ANY FIREOS (Version 71 or lower) or 6.2.8.0 with patched Accessibility
    pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
    needed for proper working of this app

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW (not necessary for app working)
    needed to show mouse/package overlay

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS (needed for package overlay only when accessibility services are disabled) (not needed)

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.READ_LOGS
    (needed for prime accessibility workaround) (prime workaround will disable accessibility services temporarily so prime video will auto hide the bar, it will restart the services once home button is pressed).

To start service for first time click on (START SERVICE) on Top Right.

To toggle mouse mode long press "Play/Pause", to scroll use Fast Forward/Rewind
    press menu button to switch scrolling direction.

Key Bindings:
    Menu (Long Press) + Home (Long Press) = Traditional Amazon Menu
    Menu (Long Press) + Home (Single Click) = Amazon Home
    Home (Long Press) = Shortcuts & App Drawer
    (In App Drawer) Long Press on Item = App option & Appstore link

Mouse functionality added from this source. MATVT (GitHub)

LAUNCHER MANAGER (1.0.7) (FOS5)

STEPS:

1. Steps to install app on FireTV
    Download Main File via this link Launcher Manager (FOS5)
    then install it on Your FireTV running FireOS 5

2. Steps to be setup the App

If you know how to use ADB then here are the commands
    adb shell pm grant com.wolf.fos5.settings android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW
    adb shell pm grant com.wolf.fos5.settings android.permission.READ_LOGS
    [OR]
    or you can download FireTV Toolbox
    install it on any Android device (not on the Main FireTV device)
    Enter the IP address of your FireTV in this app and click on Connect
    Click on "GO" button after "Setup Launcher Manager"
    it will auto launch the app on FireTV.
    Select the launcher of your choice and enable Launcher Detection, click on save.

FireTV Toolbox
    http://bit.ly/SWFTB16
    Launcher Manager (FireOS 5)
    http://bit.ly/SW5LM107
    LAUNCHER MANAGER ULTIMATE

This app can disable Stock Launcher of Any Android TV (except anything running on Fireos 5), it requires Network Debugging to function.
    The way it works is it finds the stock launcher and disables it.
    It does that in a loop until "android" itself is set as default launcher.
    at this point if there are no Custom launchers are installed on the system then you will see only a black screen.
    So a custom launcher should be installed prior to enabling the custom launcher.

some apps also broadcasts themselves as launcher and if they are installed as system app and are set as default launcher then it will also disable them.
    some launcher integrates settings in them so disabling the launcher will disable settings also.
    the apps who broadcasts themselves as Fallback home will not be disabled.

There were certain cases where user uninstalled launcher and got blank screen, to mitigate that issue LMU will set itself as the launcher and call the other launchers on its behalf. so if the launcher is deleted then pressing the home button will launch LMU, from where you can disable custom launcher support.

If it detects that after disabling everything it doesn't reach the "android" itself and is unable to find a launcher then it will rollback itself, enabling every single thing it disabled.

Changes:
    Fixed Settings Shortcut for Amazon Hud.
    Fixed Disabling of "Android"

All other functionalities are similar to Launcher Manager from the First Post.
    Screenrecord:
    Launcher Manager Ultimate

PERMISSIONS MANAGER
    Version: 1.0.3 (1-Mar-22)

This app uses shell to grant or deny any permissions that an app requires.
    Usage:
    Select an app and click on it
    From the list of permission which you want to grant or deny the access and click ok
    select "Allow" or "Deny"
    DEBLOAT TOOLBOX (FireOS 6 & 7)
    Version: 5 (19-Jan-22)
    Debloat System Apps on FireOS 6 & 7
    custom launcher for Fire OS 6.2.8.7,

No Root Required​

install wolf or other custom launcher
    install total commander on amazon app store
    open, go to installed app, copy somewhere default launcher if you want(backup), after that delete default launcher.
    And now you can use custom launcher again.
    enjoy
    This isn't a confidence-inspiring reply.

I don't actually care if you took an abandoned app and updated it making it your own, but the second half of your reply is just unnecessarily confrontational.

You could have just reassured me that your edits were safe, but you choose to be defensive instead.

I think I'll remove your launcher and look for something via the Play Store.

I've lost all confidence in Wolf Launcher.
    Look I'm gonna tell you and everyone what I've done with the launcher till now,
    I have changed the way it launches the app, on latest pro (any pro) it used to crash the apps.
    I fixed the title bar. I then optimized it for FireTV (not any other OS, which caused it to misbehave on some device) which i later fixed. Then some people were having trouble installing both ATV and Wolf simultanously. so i had to change package name which made me to change the launcher name also (that might have been wrong on my side). then i optimized the app once again for FireOS (it caused some freeze issue). Then to fix Setting of Amazon HUD (older version of FireOS), I had to add a code to handle settings (it only works on Amazon and no other device). I changed some sections to give user large wall (that was temporary fix). I removed some http links, but they are used either for update check or to change Network State in the launcher.
    Then i added "App Info" to the launcher, which i only added for non-system apps.
    Later i removed the large section mod and unlocked the widget for Firestick 4k.
    Then I added "Other Settings" which contained option to clear cache and Backup/ Restore function.
    i also added a code which starts the services of Launcher Manager (thats also mainly for FireOS and thats because of Boot Delay). I also added a stroke for tiles.
    thats all i have done to the apk. I have not done this mod to make any money, and i can assure you this app is safe to use. My only intention to mod this app was that this app was almost perfect and there was some bugs which i had to fix myself because the support of this launcher were down. And the only issue at that time was app crash for which i decided not to compile a launcher by myself. I am not forcing you to do anything, I am just clarifying myself, The apps which i have created are safe. and are to improve the user experience only.
    i do not like to or want to rip someone off. I started this mod for FireOS only and no other OS.
    Hey guys, been a long time.
    So here are the two apps, both can be recompiled.
    com.wolf.lm1 was directly compiled whereas com.amazon.launcherm was decompiled then edited and recompiled, so it (com.amazon.launcherm) will be triggered in VirusTotal, it was done just for checking.
    For anyone wondering if I has add a signature verification to it, well it was actually a unfinished code. so that there will be two RSA fingerprints instead of one depending on the Signature itself. which is fixed in the following releases (these are in beta) and if resigned will created a RSA fingerprint of 7B:F1:86:17:09:EF:0A:B8:64:59:63:59:63:13:A7:7A:1A:2A instead of my main one.
    Anyone is free to decompile and redistribute the app (please just don't add malware to it)

the overlay code has a bug so it is disabled, so the button will no do anything (well it shouldn't)

[EDIT] I have not checked any post in the forum for a long time. Gotta go now, bye.