[APP][FIRETV][NOROOT] Launcher Manager (Change Launcher without Root)

Search This thread
Aug 7, 2022
Can anyone confirm total commander fix works on latest firmware?

I've host of app issues so want to update firmware but do not want to loose custom launcher.

Finnzz

Sep 26, 2017
Can anyone confirm total commander fix works on latest firmware?
7.2.8.5/2877 (May)
7.2.8.5/2880 (June)
7.2.9.2/2982 (July)

It's helpful to state the firmware version. It cuts down on confusion when searching this thread a week, month or more from now. As of today 7.2.8.5/2880 is the latest for many FireOS7 devices.

I'd also state the device model.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sus_i

linuxlad

Feb 21, 2022
What about for FireOS6 versions?

What is the last version that the total-commander with both adb commands still works for the launcher/manager?

Last edited:

RiCkLaR

Dec 4, 2018
I'm running 6.2.8.7 (NS2687/3770)
It's working on that.
Do you have UPDATES fully blocked? That build number is from early this year. I would suggest NOT updating if you were able to fully block updates months ago, and instead sideloading whatever system app update you may need like: Alexa, PrimeVideo, Freevee, Amazon Appstore. Here is a link to download the individual system-app APK files for your system apps:

https://gist.github.com/JulyIghor/d3d3dd460527a1d2b5b67954160d4abf

Fire TV version : 6360040.1
That FireTV version "number" is the default FTV-Launcher.apk version number. Because your build number is so old that version should be able to uninstall with ADB, just like in regular Android how you "uninstall updates" for a system-app. I believe 6350077.1 is the version number that should be default for your build number. Version 6360040.1 is the newest default FTV-Launcher.apk for the 4K FireTV Stick (Fos6) on the current OTA update: (NS6291/4110).

Code:
adb shell
pm clear com.amazon.tv.launcher
pm uninstall com.amazon.tv.launcher

Immediately after entering ADB command press the HOME_key on remote and should have the dialog pop-up to reconfirm which third-party launcher to use.

Note: this will only work if you had previously installed and used Launcher_Manager app to change your default launcher before Amazon started protecting system packages.

Was wondering is it still working on latest release
I have never used the TotalCommander file DELETE method, only the ADB method, and have had no problems updating all the way to the latest build number for the 4K stick, which is Fire OS 6.2.9.1 (NS6291/4110), both Wolf_Launcher and HOME_button continue to work as SweenWolf intended.

Last edited:

linuxlad

Feb 21, 2022
I have never used the TotalCommander file DELETE method, only the ADB method, and have had no problems updating all the way to the latest build number for the 4K stick, which is Fire OS 6.2.9.1 (NS6291/4110), both Wolf_Launcher and HOME_button continue to work as SweenWolf intended.
Thanks for confirming the latest version the launcher/manager still works for the FireOS6 on the FS4K.

Would you elaborate in regards to "only the ADB method"?
What are all the steps that worked for you using only this method?

RiCkLaR

Dec 4, 2018
Thanks for confirming the latest version the launcher/manager still works for the FireOS6 on the FS4K.
Just to be crystal clear, I am only "confirming" that if a 4K user was on the old firmware Fire OS 6.2.8.7 where Amazon started blocking your ability to disable FTV-launcher, the situation that I was in because I had not forcibly disabled OTA updates beforehand; that currently it is possible to enable a few ADB shell commands and let the firmware update every month and NOT lose the third-party launcher from being set as default. This could all change if Amazon gets more aggressive at stopping users from further modifying the devices they own.

Don't get confused cause still a brand-new device/user can't just decide to use the LauncherManager app "today" and switch the default FireTV_Home to a third-party launcher if they have already received/installed the current OTA updates from Amazon, steps need to have been taken before allowing the device to receive any current OTA update.

Would you elaborate in regards to "only the ADB method"?
What are all the steps that worked for you using only this method?
I've input those ADB shell commands in my last post once and Wolf_Launcher has stayed enabled with every successive OTA update after Fire OS 6.2.8.7. If you were keeping track of how Amazon broke the LauncherManager from working, first Amazon pushed an updated firmware that blocked you from disabling updates, then ability to disable the FTV-launcher system-app, then they pushed a new FTV-launcher.apk update that reset your HOME_action and re-enabled FTV-launcher as default. Of course, I do not have full OTA updates blocked and can't because of receiving the Fire OS 6.2.8.7 update and all the successive ones after that version.

What I've done is this...
First disable the package that installs system component updates (aka the system-app updater that installs apk's pushed from Amazon servers). Package: com.amazon.tv.forcedotaupdater.v2
ADB disable command:
pm disable-user com.amazon.tv.forcedotaupdater.v2
If you have the Debloat_Toolbox app installed you can do it within the app or via ADB. If I need a particular System-app updated I can just download from the github link in my last post and sideload it.

Then add a shell command to be run with LM to clear OTA downloads manually. Are you using LauncherManager version 1.1.6 ? If not, then update it. If so, then open it, go to Other_Settings, go to ADB_Commands, select "+" to add a shell command, enter anything for the label, check box to "Execute on Boot," save after entering the command:
pm clear com.amazon.device.software.ota
That will allow you to check for updates at your own time, if you got to FireTV_settings and "Check-For-Updates" and see it quote "Downloading System Componets," then go to ADB_Commands inside LM and select the already input command to delete what system-apps/componets that are being downloaded. If instead you see a new firmware update version number being downloaded, you can let it download and install it, or go back to LM and delete it with the above 'clear' command. I try to check for Updates once a month, but forgot a few times and the stick had no problem skipping an OTA update and just downloading the latest OTA update version available.

Maybe my method only works because of all the other system packages I've disabled with ADB beforehand. So here is what I have currently disabled:
mantis:/ $ pm list packages -d
package:com.amazon.recess
package:com.amazon.tv.turnstile
package:com.amazon.whisperplay.contracts
package:com.amazon.dcp.contracts.library
package:com.amazon.ftv.xpicker
package:com.amazon.metrics.api
package:com.amazon.bueller.photos
package:com.ivona.orchestrator
package:com.amazon.device.logmanager
package:com.amazon.shoptv.firetv.client
package:com.amazon.dpcclient
package:com.amazon.ftv.screensaver
package:com.amazon.dp.logger
package:com.amazon.ods.kindleconnect
package:com.amazon.client.metrics.api
package:com.amazon.aca
package:com.amazon.dcp
package:com.amazon.logan
package:com.amazon.tahoe
package:com.imdb.livingroom.firetv
package:com.amazon.wirelessmetrics.service
package:com.amazon.tv.fw.metrics
package:com.android.dreams.basic
package:com.amazon.firehomestarter
package:com.amazon.ftv.profilepicker
package:com.amazon.device.sale.service
package:com.svox.pico
package:com.amazon.tv.forcedotaupdater.v2
package:com.amazon.client.metrics
package:com.amazon.dcp.contracts.framework.library
package:com.amazon.ags.app
package:com.amazon.kso.blackbird
package:com.amazon.whisperjoin.middleware.np
package:com.amazon.whisperplay.service.install
package:com.ivona.tts.oem
package:com.amazon.shoptv.client
package:com.amazon.alexashopping
package:com.amazon.franktvinput
package:com.amazon.gamehub
package:com.amazon.cloud9
package:com.amazon.tv.livetv
package:com.amazon.hedwig

Last edited:

linuxlad

Feb 21, 2022
@RiCkLaR

I was already aware of all that you stated since I setup both of my brothers FS4K six months ago at the beginning of February of this year when one of them received the 6281/4812 upon activation and they had just started the forced prevention of update-blocking/disabling at this point and the 2nd FS4K with 6287/3768 a day later which started breaking custom launchers so I installed Blokada+amazon hosts on one FS4K and the 2nd with AdGuard.

I was barely 3 or 4 days too late when amazon started this mess so I took steps to block further updates; and yes, I also know about the clear-command and how to stop any updates during the activation as well, albeit too late for those two so I removed the launcher manager and custom launcher since they did not work properly at the time.

My inquiry is in regards to which newer/latest versions of the FireOS6 using the total commander method with both adb commands: "pm disable com.amazon.tv.launcher" and "pm disable com.amazon.firehomestarter" will the launcher manager with a custom launcher still works as I have never used this method...yet.

So my question stands:
What is the latest or most current version of the FOS6 that the launcher-manager/custom-launcher can still be installed and used properly and successfully where it works both at startup and by pressing the home-button on the remote by using the total commander with both adb-commands method?

RiCkLaR

Dec 4, 2018
My inquiry is in regards to which newer/latest versions of the FireOS6 using the total commander method with both adb commands: "pm disable com.amazon.tv.launcher" and "pm disable com.amazon.firehomestarter" will the launcher manager with a custom launcher still works as I have never used this method...yet.
Well those ADB commands won't work at all, need slight modification:
#ADB shell commands to DISABLE|PACKAGE need "pm disable-user" for Fos6 & Fos7

pm disable-user com.amazon.tv.launcher pm disable-user com.amazon.firehomestarter
But, you don't have to input them manually because those are exactly what LauncherManager is sending when you select "Enable Custom Launcher" in the LM app.

So my question stands:
What is the latest or most current version of the FOS6 that the launcher-manager/custom-launcher can still be installed and used properly and successfully where it works both at startup and by pressing the home-button on the remote by using the total commander with both adb-commands method?

Sadly, you have to get in a time-machine and go back to 2021 to be able to use ADB commands to disable the FTV-launcher the correct way. But you said you know how to block updates when booting a NEW device for the first time, so you should be good with just buying a new 4K stick that comes with the old remote, you know the one that doesn't have the 4 sponsored app buttons, this way you are guaranteed to have an old default firmware installed. If you live in USA then Amazon's Woot.com store has the old-remote 4K stick available for $23 USD for another day in "New" condition, not a refurb, but seems like Woot.com has an endless supply of those because they keep putting them back in their Tech store offerings.

A new 4K stick that is starting out-of-the-box with any firmware before/lower than Fire OS 6.2.8.1 (NS6281/4061), the 2021 October update; and you will be able to disable OTA-updates and disable the FTV-launcher with LauncherManager or through ADB.

linuxlad

Feb 21, 2022
Thanks, so everyone with 6281/4061 or higher already installed without the launcher/manager is SOL.

I was hoping that after six months there may be a proper and successful workaround for using the launcher/manager.

mmortal03

Apr 15, 2014
Thanks, so everyone with 6281/4061 or higher already installed without the launcher/manager is SOL.

I was hoping that after six months there may be a proper and successful workaround for using the launcher/manager.
I remain subscribed to this thread in hopes that there will be, lol. But, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I switched to a Walmart onn. Android TV 4K UHD box, and was able to install Button Mapper and FLauncher on it -- mapped the Home key longpress to FLauncher. It performs more smoothly than my Fire TV Stick 4K. The only problem I have with it is that the Vudu app (owned by Fandango now, no longer Walmart) hasn't been updated to support 4K UHD. I prefer the Fire TV Stick 4K remote to the Google G10 remote, because the former has a dedicated play/pause button, but I guess you could always pair a different Bluetooth remote with the onn. box.

anphabvn

May 13, 2022
I remain subscribed to this thread in hopes that there will be, lol. But, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I switched to a Walmart onn. Android TV 4K UHD box, and was able to install Button Mapper and FLauncher on it -- mapped the Home key longpress to FLauncher. It performs more smoothly than my Fire TV Stick 4K. The only problem I have with it is that the Vudu app (owned by Fandango now, no longer Walmart) hasn't been updated to support 4K UHD. I prefer the Fire TV Stick 4K remote to the Google G10 remote, because the former has a dedicated play/pause button, but I guess you could always pair a different Bluetooth remote with the onn. box.
Hey Onn 4k box have wifi, heat and remote bugs. Right? I want to buy one.

ThaDraGun

Apr 25, 2012
Does the launcher manager still work on firestick 4k?
I have wolf launcher and I installed the latest version of the manager and it's not working for me.

My son has launcher manager 1.0.4 on his 4k and it DOES work. I searched for an old version, found it, installed the old version and it still does not work for me!

We both have the exact same firmware version (6.2.9.1)

What am I doing wrong???

t3chg33k

Jan 6, 2011
What about for FireOS6 versions?

What is the last version that the total-commander with both adb commands still works for the launcher/manager?
I had launcher manager installed on a Fire TV 3 since about v6.2.7.x and used Total Commander to delete the AFTV launcher on v6.2.9.0 and go back to the custom launcher.

It got updated to v6.2.9.1 though with all the update URLs mentioned in this thread blocked on home network and with the OTA apps disabled over adb. The LM update option is always Unblocked as well for my device, so it seems that blocking updates are going to be a real pain.

Anyway, the custom launcher still works with v6.2.9.1 and I did not have to delete the AFTV launcher again, so it seems there was no update related to the launcher in that release.

linuxlad

Feb 21, 2022
Anyway, the custom launcher still works with v6.2.9.1 and I did not have to delete the AFTV launcher again, so it seems there was no update related to the launcher in that release.
Only because you had the custom launcher and LM already installed since 6.2.7.x; otherwise, it would not work.

Btw, adguard and blokada have been preventing updates on two devices: one that still has 6.2.8.1/4812 and a second device with 6.2.8.7/3768.

Last edited:

t3chg33k

Jan 6, 2011
Only because you had the custom launcher and LM already installed since 6.2.7.x; otherwise, it would not work.

Btw, adguard and blokada have been preventing updates on two devices: one that still has 6.2.8.1/4812 and a second device with 6.2.8.7/3768.
Yes, I know and that is why I mentioned that I had it installed earlier before the custom launcher breaking update. Main thing was to mention that the latest update hasn't broken existing LM installations.

Also, I use Adguard Home and had the update URLs blocked by client address as I have a rooted Stick 3 as well that I want to be updated. Recently, switched to Ethernet on the Fire TV 3 though, which changed the client IP address and that seems to be the reason why the update sneaked through. Use VPN on the device, so Blokada isn't going to be of any use in this case.

Well those ADB commands won't work at all, need slight modification:
#ADB shell commands to DISABLE|PACKAGE need "pm disable-user" for Fos6 & Fos7

pm disable-user com.amazon.tv.launcher pm disable-user com.amazon.firehomestarter
But, you don't have to input them manually because those are exactly what LauncherManager is sending when you select "Enable Custom Launcher" in the LM app.

Sadly, you have to get in a time-machine and go back to 2021 to be able to use ADB commands to disable the FTV-launcher the correct way. But you said you know how to block updates when booting a NEW device for the first time, so you should be good with just buying a new 4K stick that comes with the old remote, you know the one that doesn't have the 4 sponsored app buttons, this way you are guaranteed to have an old default firmware installed. If you live in USA then Amazon's Woot.com store has the old-remote 4K stick available for $23 USD for another day in "New" condition, not a refurb, but seems like Woot.com has an endless supply of those because they keep putting them back in their Tech store offerings.

A new 4K stick that is starting out-of-the-box with any firmware before/lower than Fire OS 6.2.8.1 (NS6281/4061), the 2021 October update; and you will be able to disable OTA-updates and disable the FTV-launcher with LauncherManager or through ADB.

I think it is referring to my earlier post where I mentioned these adb commands to disable the default launcher on a rooted AFTV, in order to get LM working with the latest Fire OS update. 'pm disable' works for disabling system apps when using adb with su, so nothing wrong with that command. Also, had specifically mentioned that these packages are protected in the latest OS and cannot be disabled by adb without root.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Which app/files are blocking access to change original launcher?
    Probably /data/system/packages.xml

Installing / uninstalling / disabling packages (APKs) is handled by the PackageManagerService. The Package Manager stores app permissions in packages.xml

My guess is that the OTA and Amazon launcher apps are being given a permission in packages.xml that doesn't allow the app to be disabled at the user level. Launcher Manager relies on being able to disable the Amazon Launcher.

Someone with PS7273 firmware or newer, and root access, would have to confirm that.

it possible to remove the amazon launcher?

How ?
    I just got a new 4k max. Unopened. Is there anything I can do to avoid having it locked to the Amazon launcher? I want launch manager.
    Thanks. Firmware is PS7608. But when I go to LM and choose block updates it won't change. Says Unblocked. If I click disable system updates it just flashes and still says Unblocked.
    PS7608 is the latest firmware for the 4K Max. It must have downloaded an update during the setup process (or it shipped with PS7608?). Launcher Manager / Custom Launcher use isn't going to work after PS7273. Both the OTA and Amazon Launcher apps are protected on PS7608.

You can return the Stick, and get a new one. Then follow the guide on how to skip the registration update. In a nutshell, when you first start up the stick and connect to your WiFi it will say checking for updates. Disconnect your router, hold back+menu buttons for 5sec until the accessibility menu appears, press back again, and that skips the initial update. Then register the device. Download Launcher Manager, block updates.
    But I am using it... Launcher Manager and Wolf Launcher. No issues.... no delay when I press home, reboots into Wolf Launcher.
    In that case, I'm guessing you did avoid the registration update, installed LM + WL, but didn't successfully block updates. Then the device updated to PS7608.

LM+WL will keep working as is for now, as long as you don't disable WL / enable Amazon Launcher. If you do, Amazon Launcher can't be disabled again.

You have a few options, 1) get a new stick, block updates right away and keep the ability to disable/enable Amazon Launcher and OTA apps. 2) keep what you have and use a DNS blocker like Blokada to avoid any further updates 3) keep receiving updates and hope for the best, LM+WL will keep working as long as they don't push an update that force-enables Amazon Launcher.

A lot of people didn't block updates after PS7273 and are holding on to their LM+WL like your are now, and just hoping for the best, continuing to update their firmware.
    I now have a fire stick max, if I have the Wolf L installed, can I still use the Netflix and Disney buttons on the remote or will they no longer work?
    Yes channel buttons still function normally. Launcher Manager only indirectly remaps the home button, by setting a custom launcher (Wolf Launcher in your case).
    LAUNCHER MANAGER (FOS 6+)
    STEPS TO ENABLE CUSTOM LAUNCHER:
    1. Download Launcher Manager by clicking or by using short link and install on your FireTV.
    (Latest: 1.1.6)
    2. Install a Custom Launcher and then open Launcher Manager.
    3. To Enable Custom Launcher, Click on "Launcher Options" and select "Enable Custom Launcher".
    If you get "CONNECTION FAILED" then see INFO section.
    4. Press [Home] to open your custom launcher.
    If your Current Launcher says "Launcher Manager", see INFO section.

STEPS TO GO STOCK:
    Click on "Disable Custom Launcher", press Home.
    INFO:
    • If you get "CONNECTION FAILED", click on "OPEN ADB SETTINGS" and enable "ADB DEBUGGING" and Press BACK Button. If you still get this error Restart your Device (Long Press SELECT + PLAY/PAUSE Button)and disconnect from PC if Connected.
    • If your Current Launcher says "Launcher Manager", it means you don't have a custom launcher Installed, just install the launcher and you'll be good to go, no need to enable stock.
    • You can only open some of the Settings using Launcher Manager, to Access All the Settings then you have to Disable Custom Launcher.
    LAUNCHER MANAGER (1.1.5):

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Changelog:
    1.1.6 (02-Mar-22)

• Added Some more Translation
    • Added System apps to LMU Handler
    • Added Password protection for LM
    • Fixed app conflict issue
    • Fixed icon on Fireos 7
    • Added option to execute saved adb shell commands
    • Integrated Update Blocker in LM (Doesn't work with latest release of FireOS)
    1.1.5 (03-Jan-22)
    • Added German and Spanish Translation
    • Some Bug Fixes
    • Some minor changes
    • Ability to change Screensaver
    • Ability to change System Language (on Request)
    • Added / Changed some Icons
    • Some minor changes
    • Re-added option for Selecting any app as launcher (LM Handler), can be accessed within Launcher Options.
    • Added Keyboard Change Options (in Display & Sound section) (moved to Other Settings)
    • Reuploaded version
      • Fixed 4K detection for Display Resolution
      • Fixed Crash for Devices with non-usable overscan values
    • Added Display & Sounds Option (Display, Sounds, Overscan, CEC)
    • Changing Display Resolution requires System Restart
    • Fixed Equipment Control
    • Boot Delay is fixed by Amzon on newer Roms.
    • Settings from Amazon Hud opens Launcher Manager (On updating to 1.0.9 from older version its mendatory to click on "Enable Custom Launcher" just one time for this to work)
    • For the Devices with New Updated Amazon Interface
    • Removed Launcher Choices
    • Now using single key for all the apps. (Remove older version first to update the key.)
    • Delay is still there, needs logcat
    • In-app Updates
    • Fixed some bugs
    • Changed UI
    • Changed Package Name
    • Changed Install location to Internal Only
    • Added System and Developers Shortcut
    • Fixed issue where launcher is stuck sometimes
    • Added option to choose any Custom Launcher *
    • Can be Launched from Amazon Hud *
    * Needs Launcher Manager to be set as Default Launcher. (LM is auto selected)
    * If launched by Amazon HUD, Long press will open Launcher manager, press back to exit from there. (Fixed in 1.0.6)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FireOS Update Blocker (FOS 6+)
    This app can be used to Enable or Disable Amazon System Update.
    Update Blocker (Click to Download)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    LAUNCHER MANAGER (Android TV)
    STEPS TO ENABLE CUSTOM LAUNCHER:
    1. Download Launcher Manager by clicking or by using short link and install on your AndroidTV. (Latest: 1.0.4)
    2. Install a Custom Launcher and then open Launcher Manager.
    3. To Enable Custom Launcher, Click on "Enable Custom Launcher".
    4. Press [Home] to open your custom launcher.

STEPS TO GO STOCK:
    Click on "Disable Custom Launcher", press Home.

• Added Custom Launcher support
    FIRETV SETTINGS (3.0)
    *ANY FIREOS (Version 71 or lower) or 6.2.8.0 with patched Accessibility
    pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
    needed for proper working of this app

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW (not necessary for app working)
    needed to show mouse/package overlay

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS (needed for package overlay only when accessibility services are disabled) (not needed)

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.READ_LOGS
    (needed for prime accessibility workaround) (prime workaround will disable accessibility services temporarily so prime video will auto hide the bar, it will restart the services once home button is pressed).

To start service for first time click on (START SERVICE) on Top Right.

To toggle mouse mode long press "Play/Pause", to scroll use Fast Forward/Rewind
    press menu button to switch scrolling direction.

Key Bindings:
    Menu (Long Press) + Home (Long Press) = Traditional Amazon Menu
    Menu (Long Press) + Home (Single Click) = Amazon Home
    Home (Long Press) = Shortcuts & App Drawer
    (In App Drawer) Long Press on Item = App option & Appstore link

Mouse functionality added from this source. MATVT (GitHub)

LAUNCHER MANAGER (1.0.7) (FOS5)

STEPS:

1. Steps to install app on FireTV
    Download Main File via this link Launcher Manager (FOS5)
    then install it on Your FireTV running FireOS 5

2. Steps to be setup the App

If you know how to use ADB then here are the commands
    adb shell pm grant com.wolf.fos5.settings android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW
    adb shell pm grant com.wolf.fos5.settings android.permission.READ_LOGS
    [OR]
    or you can download FireTV Toolbox
    install it on any Android device (not on the Main FireTV device)
    Enter the IP address of your FireTV in this app and click on Connect
    Click on "GO" button after "Setup Launcher Manager"
    it will auto launch the app on FireTV.
    Select the launcher of your choice and enable Launcher Detection, click on save.

FireTV Toolbox
    http://bit.ly/SWFTB16
    Launcher Manager (FireOS 5)
    http://bit.ly/SW5LM107
    custom launcher for Fire OS 6.2.8.7,

No Root Required​

install wolf or other custom launcher
    install total commander on amazon app store
    open, go to installed app, copy somewhere default launcher if you want(backup), after that delete default launcher.
    And now you can use custom launcher again.
    enjoy
    LAUNCHER MANAGER ULTIMATE

This app can disable Stock Launcher of Any Android TV (except anything running on Fireos 5), it requires Network Debugging to function.
    The way it works is it finds the stock launcher and disables it.
    It does that in a loop until "android" itself is set as default launcher.
    at this point if there are no Custom launchers are installed on the system then you will see only a black screen.
    So a custom launcher should be installed prior to enabling the custom launcher.

some apps also broadcasts themselves as launcher and if they are installed as system app and are set as default launcher then it will also disable them.
    some launcher integrates settings in them so disabling the launcher will disable settings also.
    the apps who broadcasts themselves as Fallback home will not be disabled.

There were certain cases where user uninstalled launcher and got blank screen, to mitigate that issue LMU will set itself as the launcher and call the other launchers on its behalf. so if the launcher is deleted then pressing the home button will launch LMU, from where you can disable custom launcher support.

If it detects that after disabling everything it doesn't reach the "android" itself and is unable to find a launcher then it will rollback itself, enabling every single thing it disabled.

Changes:
    Fixed Settings Shortcut for Amazon Hud.
    Fixed Disabling of "Android"

All other functionalities are similar to Launcher Manager from the First Post.
    Screenrecord:
    Launcher Manager Ultimate

PERMISSIONS MANAGER
    Version: 1.0.3 (1-Mar-22)

This app uses shell to grant or deny any permissions that an app requires.
    Usage:
    Select an app and click on it
    From the list of permission which you want to grant or deny the access and click ok
    select "Allow" or "Deny"
    DEBLOAT TOOLBOX (FireOS 6 & 7)
    Version: 5 (19-Jan-22)
    Debloat System Apps on FireOS 6 & 7
    This isn't a confidence-inspiring reply.

I don't actually care if you took an abandoned app and updated it making it your own, but the second half of your reply is just unnecessarily confrontational.

You could have just reassured me that your edits were safe, but you choose to be defensive instead.

I think I'll remove your launcher and look for something via the Play Store.

I've lost all confidence in Wolf Launcher.
    Look I'm gonna tell you and everyone what I've done with the launcher till now,
    I have changed the way it launches the app, on latest pro (any pro) it used to crash the apps.
    I fixed the title bar. I then optimized it for FireTV (not any other OS, which caused it to misbehave on some device) which i later fixed. Then some people were having trouble installing both ATV and Wolf simultanously. so i had to change package name which made me to change the launcher name also (that might have been wrong on my side). then i optimized the app once again for FireOS (it caused some freeze issue). Then to fix Setting of Amazon HUD (older version of FireOS), I had to add a code to handle settings (it only works on Amazon and no other device). I changed some sections to give user large wall (that was temporary fix). I removed some http links, but they are used either for update check or to change Network State in the launcher.
    Then i added "App Info" to the launcher, which i only added for non-system apps.
    Later i removed the large section mod and unlocked the widget for Firestick 4k.
    Then I added "Other Settings" which contained option to clear cache and Backup/ Restore function.
    i also added a code which starts the services of Launcher Manager (thats also mainly for FireOS and thats because of Boot Delay). I also added a stroke for tiles.
    thats all i have done to the apk. I have not done this mod to make any money, and i can assure you this app is safe to use. My only intention to mod this app was that this app was almost perfect and there was some bugs which i had to fix myself because the support of this launcher were down. And the only issue at that time was app crash for which i decided not to compile a launcher by myself. I am not forcing you to do anything, I am just clarifying myself, The apps which i have created are safe. and are to improve the user experience only.
    i do not like to or want to rip someone off. I started this mod for FireOS only and no other OS.
    Test boot delay on this.
    Enable custom launcher handler, select launcher from list, press home, select LM Custom launcher and click on always, reboot.

This will not work with protected packages