[APP][FIRETV][NOROOT] Launcher Manager (Change Launcher without Root)

Search This thread

SweenWolf

I was told that your launcher would solve many of the problems with the ATV Launcher I am using on my Android Box.

Do you have a version. or can it be modified, so that there is no logo such as the amazon firetv or nvidia shield logo?

Thanks
It can be modified, it also has some bug fixed and i do have a version without any status bar logo.

My android tv box has the ability to select the defauly launcher builtin. Do I need the launcher manager or button remapper apps?
Can I just use the wolf launcher itself?
You can use it with native Android method without any extra apps.

@SweenWolf would it be possible to add a link to 'Display & Sounds' from the settings page to the launch manager?
No, unfortunately it cannot be added without root.

Thanks very much for this great launcher.
I have just installed the latest Amazon update to 6.2.8.0 and now boot up takes about 40 seconds longer with the Wolf launcher set as custom launcher as opposed to the Amazon one. Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea how to fix this as didn't have this problem on previous 6.2.7.7
I'm experiencing the same problem
Yeah its a known issue (for devices with new updated UI), I'm pushing an update in a few minutes or hours (install only if you have updated to new Amazon UI)
Just make sure you have installed a single custom launcher only, multiple launcher functionality will be removed, or it can be retained also, but I'll have to patch every known Custom launcher.
Tell me which option do you want, for now I'm removing that, may come back in future release.

I'm not getting any launchers (except the manager itself) showing up as an option. I've got Wolf Launcher installed, both latest versions. Any suggestions?
Where are you not getting the option, you have to click the dropdown and select any launcher/non launcher app
hi guys

so if i just want to use a ccustom launcher like wolf launcher i will have to do adb things?
you don't have to do adb thing if you are on FireOS 6 or 7
Install Launcher Manager, it will set itself up.

Any FireOS 5 guys here? I want someone to test the Launcher Manager for it,
It will not be as instant as FireOS 6 & 7 Version on boot (will take few seconds to start on boot)
and there will be 5 sec delay after pressing home, but other bugs are fixed.
it will not open the launcher randomly. So anyone interested??

punkrockfan

Aug 23, 2012
well looks a littel bit simple and empty on first use but without all them crappy advertisement and since latest update fire os went some slow, better with wolf launcher

thx a lot for the thread

bigr1979

Jun 27, 2010
Stratford upon Avon
Thanks so much for the update to fix the slow boot time on new UI. Unfortunately I can't get this fix to work. I first disabled custom launcher, then uninstalled 1.0.7. I then installed 1.0.8 and enabled custom launcher but boot time still just as long, is there something else I need to do?

punkrockfan

Aug 23, 2012
so with wolf launcher there is no chance any more to change fire 4 k sticks audio settings hm?

screen/audio settings to skip between pcm, dolby and so?

ist lost since launcher manager and using wolf launcher(

zspeciman

Jan 14, 2015
Incredible work, finally a launcher that is intuitive and simple.
Regarding FIRETV SETTINGS (2.6) *ANY FIREOS (Version 71 or lower). I get a parse error when installing on os5, in either my 1st gen fire stick or fire box gen 2. However fos5 settings1.04 works fine. And in my firetv 4k, once wolf launcher and launcher manager are installed, everything works flawlessly and quick, so I don't understand what the firetv settings 2.6 is about.

SweenWolf

so with wolf launcher there is no chance any more to change fire 4 k sticks audio settings hm?

screen/audio settings to skip between pcm, dolby and so?

ist lost since launcher manager and using wolf launcher(
How many times a day do you change your auduo settings.
This cannot be changed outside of stock launcher, you can disable custom launcher to change the settings, then enable that again.

Reactions: punkrockfan

SweenWolf

Incredible work, finally a launcher that is intuitive and simple.
Regarding FIRETV SETTINGS (2.6) *ANY FIREOS (Version 71 or lower). I get a parse error when installing on os5, in either my 1st gen fire stick or fire box gen 2. However fos5 settings1.04 works fine. And in my firetv 4k, once wolf launcher and launcher manager are installed, everything works flawlessly and quick, so I don't understand what the firetv settings 2.6 is about.
FIRETV SETTINGS was used to change launcher in firetv, then Amazon decided to kill it with their newer OS, it worked on FireOS 5, 6 & 7. Launcher Manager replaced FIRETV SETTINGS for FireOS 6 and 7.
And seperate project was created for FireOS 5 (FOS5 Settings) and now its also replaced with Launcher Manager (FOS5)
So you should use this on your FireOS 5

Reactions: zspeciman

zabihjan

You can reinstall LM 1.0.8 from scratch.
I removed previous versions of LM and WL and cleared caches of all apps on my firestick 4k, switched off my tv from the wall socket and next morning i nstalled both wolf launcher and launcher manager 1.0.8 and I still have same issue. I guess only option to try would be to factory reset my device to see if it helps.

punkrockfan

Aug 23, 2012
I removed previous versions of LM and WL and cleared caches of all apps on my firestick 4k, switched off my tv from the wall socket and next morning i nstalled both wolf launcher and launcher manager 1.0.8 and I still have same issue. I guess only option to try would be to factory reset my device to see if it helps.
yeah, never had this issue on 4k stick

DirtyAngelicaSecured

Mar 30, 2020
Paris
Launcher Manager is awesome! The Ultimate version does not make any internet connections, but the non-Ultimate version does. You have Wolf Launcher version that does not use the internet at all. Can you make a version of Launcher Manager the same way (without internet use) ?

FransisFor

Nov 12, 2015
Thanks, I'll have a look at it.
Dear SweenWolf,

i've been using WolfLauncher since 1 year, works great.

After the latest Amazon update i've got the same "slow boot (40 seconds)" problem. I'm not using Launcher Manager.

Did you need some more information to investigate this annoying problem?

Thank you very much for you work.

fx6666

Apr 22, 2021
Hello Mr. Wolf :)

thanks for your amazing work on these projects. If you still need a logcat from a FireTV Stick 4K I would be happy to help.
I am on 1.08 and also experiencing the slow boot problem after my stick somehow managed to upgrade although I blocked the update servers in my router.

SweenWolf

Did it work??
Launcher Manager is awesome! The Ultimate version does not make any internet connections, but the non-Ultimate version does. You have Wolf Launcher version that does not use the internet at all. Can you make a version of Launcher Manager the same way (without internet use) ?
I added in-app updator in the app (non-ultimate version), but due to boot delay issue i didn't use the in-app updator. It checks for app update when you open Launcher Manager.

Dear SweenWolf,

i've been using WolfLauncher since 1 year, works great.

After the latest Amazon update i've got the same "slow boot (40 seconds)" problem. I'm not using Launcher Manager.

Did you need some more information to investigate this annoying problem?

Thank you very much for you work.
Hello Mr. Wolf :)

thanks for your amazing work on these projects. If you still need a logcat from a FireTV Stick 4K I would be happy to help.
I am on 1.08 and also experiencing the slow boot problem after my stick somehow managed to upgrade although I blocked the update servers in my router.
I only looked at the logs once and i will check again when I am free, if you can post your logs also then it will be great.

You should have used the update blocker app to block the updates internally, then you could have uninstalled the app, there is no need to block addresses on your router, amazon has many.

zabihjan

Did it work??

I added in-app updator in the app (non-ultimate version), but due to boot delay issue i didn't use the in-app updator. It checks for app update when you open Launcher Manager.

I only looked at the logs once and i will check again when I am free, if you can post your logs also then it will be great.

You should have used the update blocker app to block the updates internally, then you could have uninstalled the app, there is no need to block addresses on your router, amazon has many.
No it did not work for me, I had to uninstall both again and wait for an fix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just tried it without netguard running and it tried to start a update so sorry seems it was netguard blocking,
    I put netguard on a while ago so think it's blocked the updates that locked out adb for some apks,
    Sorry for earlier post should have done my testing first,
    My 4K max has the 7.6.5.2 software,
    Do you guys think buying a fire stick from somewhere like Staples will get one of the unprotected/older firmware firesticks?
    Personally I wouldn't bother with Fire sticks anymore. Amazon have shown total contempt for their customers with these updates and this is just the start. No doubt side loading will be next to go, sooner rather than later. Voting with our feet is the best advice I can give and to look for alternatives.
    LAUNCHER MANAGER (FOS 6+)
    STEPS TO ENABLE CUSTOM LAUNCHER:
    Before installing version 1.1.8 uninstall any previous version.
    1. Download Launcher Manager by clicking or by using short link and install on your FireTV.
    (Latest: 1.1.8)
    2. Install a Custom Launcher and then open Launcher Manager.
    3. To Enable Custom Launcher, Click on "Launcher Options" and go to "Home Button Hook".
    Enable "Home Button Hook" and "Use ADB for Home" then select Trigger of your choice.
    4. Go to previous menu, then go to "Custom Launcher Options" and select "Active Launcher"
    to select launcher of your choice.
    5. Press [Home] to open your custom launcher.

STEPS TO DISABLE CUSTOM LAUNCHER:
    To Disable Custom Launcher, Click on "Launcher Options" and go to "Home Button Hook",
    Disable "Home Button Hook" and "Use ADB for Home".
    INFO:
    • If you get "CONNECTION FAILED", click on "OPEN ADB SETTINGS" and enable "ADB DEBUGGING" and Press BACK Button. If you still get this error Restart your Device (Long Press SELECT + PLAY/PAUSE Button) and disconnect from PC if Connected.
    • If your Current Launcher says "Launcher Manager", it means you don't have a custom launcher Installed, just install the launcher and you'll be good to go, no need to enable stock.
    LAUNCHER MANAGER (1.1.5):

Credits:
    @Finnzz

Changelog:
    1.1.8 (14-Mar-23)

• Uses ADB to launch Home
    1.1.6 (02-Mar-22)
    • Added Some more Translation
    • Added System apps to LMU Handler
    • Added Password protection for LM
    • Fixed app conflict issue
    • Fixed icon on Fireos 7
    • Added option to execute saved adb shell commands
    • Integrated Update Blocker in LM (Doesn't work with latest release of FireOS)
    1.1.5 (03-Jan-22)
    • Added German and Spanish Translation
    • Some Bug Fixes
    • Some minor changes
    • Ability to change Screensaver
    • Ability to change System Language (on Request)
    • Added / Changed some Icons
    • Some minor changes
    • Re-added option for Selecting any app as launcher (LM Handler), can be accessed within Launcher Options.
    • Added Keyboard Change Options (in Display & Sound section) (moved to Other Settings)
    • Reuploaded version
      • Fixed 4K detection for Display Resolution
      • Fixed Crash for Devices with non-usable overscan values
    • Added Display & Sounds Option (Display, Sounds, Overscan, CEC)
    • Changing Display Resolution requires System Restart
    • Fixed Equipment Control
    • Boot Delay is fixed by Amzon on newer Roms.
    • Settings from Amazon Hud opens Launcher Manager (On updating to 1.0.9 from older version its mendatory to click on "Enable Custom Launcher" just one time for this to work)
    • For the Devices with New Updated Amazon Interface
    • Removed Launcher Choices
    • Now using single key for all the apps. (Remove older version first to update the key.)
    • Delay is still there, needs logcat
    • In-app Updates
    • Fixed some bugs
    • Changed UI
    • Changed Package Name
    • Changed Install location to Internal Only
    • Added System and Developers Shortcut
    • Fixed issue where launcher is stuck sometimes
    • Added option to choose any Custom Launcher *
    • Can be Launched from Amazon Hud *
    * Needs Launcher Manager to be set as Default Launcher. (LM is auto selected)
    * If launched by Amazon HUD, Long press will open Launcher manager, press back to exit from there. (Fixed in 1.0.6)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FireOS Update Blocker (FOS 6+)
    This app can be used to Enable or Disable Amazon System Update.
    Update Blocker (Click to Download)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    LAUNCHER MANAGER (Android TV)
    STEPS TO ENABLE CUSTOM LAUNCHER:
    1. Download Launcher Manager by clicking or by using short link and install on your AndroidTV. (Latest: 1.0.4)
    2. Install a Custom Launcher and then open Launcher Manager.
    3. To Enable Custom Launcher, Click on "Enable Custom Launcher".
    4. Press [Home] to open your custom launcher.

STEPS TO GO STOCK:
    Click on "Disable Custom Launcher", press Home.

• Added Custom Launcher support
    FIRETV SETTINGS (3.0)
    *ANY FIREOS (Version 71 or lower) or 6.2.8.0 with patched Accessibility
    pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
    needed for proper working of this app

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW (not necessary for app working)
    needed to show mouse/package overlay

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS (needed for package overlay only when accessibility services are disabled) (not needed)

pm grant com.wolf.firetvsettings android.permission.READ_LOGS
    (needed for prime accessibility workaround) (prime workaround will disable accessibility services temporarily so prime video will auto hide the bar, it will restart the services once home button is pressed).

To start service for first time click on (START SERVICE) on Top Right.

To toggle mouse mode long press "Play/Pause", to scroll use Fast Forward/Rewind
    press menu button to switch scrolling direction.

Key Bindings:
    Menu (Long Press) + Home (Long Press) = Traditional Amazon Menu
    Menu (Long Press) + Home (Single Click) = Amazon Home
    Home (Long Press) = Shortcuts & App Drawer
    (In App Drawer) Long Press on Item = App option & Appstore link

Mouse functionality added from this source. MATVT (GitHub)

LAUNCHER MANAGER (1.0.7) (FOS5)

STEPS:

1. Steps to install app on FireTV
    Download Main File via this link Launcher Manager (FOS5)
    then install it on Your FireTV running FireOS 5

2. Steps to be setup the App

If you know how to use ADB then here are the commands
    adb shell pm grant com.wolf.fos5.settings android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW
    adb shell pm grant com.wolf.fos5.settings android.permission.READ_LOGS
    [OR]
    or you can download FireTV Toolbox
    install it on any Android device (not on the Main FireTV device)
    Enter the IP address of your FireTV in this app and click on Connect
    Click on "GO" button after "Setup Launcher Manager"
    it will auto launch the app on FireTV.
    Select the launcher of your choice and enable Launcher Detection, click on save.

FireTV Toolbox
    http://bit.ly/SWFTB16
    Launcher Manager (FireOS 5)
    http://bit.ly/SW5LM107
    LAUNCHER MANAGER ULTIMATE

This app can disable Stock Launcher of Any Android TV (except anything running on Fireos 5), it requires Network Debugging to function.
    The way it works is it finds the stock launcher and disables it.
    It does that in a loop until "android" itself is set as default launcher.
    at this point if there are no Custom launchers are installed on the system then you will see only a black screen.
    So a custom launcher should be installed prior to enabling the custom launcher.

some apps also broadcasts themselves as launcher and if they are installed as system app and are set as default launcher then it will also disable them.
    some launcher integrates settings in them so disabling the launcher will disable settings also.
    the apps who broadcasts themselves as Fallback home will not be disabled.

There were certain cases where user uninstalled launcher and got blank screen, to mitigate that issue LMU will set itself as the launcher and call the other launchers on its behalf. so if the launcher is deleted then pressing the home button will launch LMU, from where you can disable custom launcher support.

If it detects that after disabling everything it doesn't reach the "android" itself and is unable to find a launcher then it will rollback itself, enabling every single thing it disabled.

Changes:
    Fixed Settings Shortcut for Amazon Hud.
    Fixed Disabling of "Android"

All other functionalities are similar to Launcher Manager from the First Post.
    Screenrecord:
    Launcher Manager Ultimate

PERMISSIONS MANAGER
    Version: 1.0.3 (1-Mar-22)

This app uses shell to grant or deny any permissions that an app requires.
    Usage:
    Select an app and click on it
    From the list of permission which you want to grant or deny the access and click ok
    select "Allow" or "Deny"
    DEBLOAT TOOLBOX (FireOS 6 & 7)
    Version: 5 (19-Jan-22)
    Debloat System Apps on FireOS 6 & 7
    custom launcher for Fire OS 6.2.8.7,

No Root Required​

install wolf or other custom launcher
    install total commander on amazon app store
    open, go to installed app, copy somewhere default launcher if you want(backup), after that delete default launcher.
    And now you can use custom launcher again.
    enjoy
    This isn't a confidence-inspiring reply.

I don't actually care if you took an abandoned app and updated it making it your own, but the second half of your reply is just unnecessarily confrontational.

You could have just reassured me that your edits were safe, but you choose to be defensive instead.

I think I'll remove your launcher and look for something via the Play Store.

I've lost all confidence in Wolf Launcher.
    Look I'm gonna tell you and everyone what I've done with the launcher till now,
    I have changed the way it launches the app, on latest pro (any pro) it used to crash the apps.
    I fixed the title bar. I then optimized it for FireTV (not any other OS, which caused it to misbehave on some device) which i later fixed. Then some people were having trouble installing both ATV and Wolf simultanously. so i had to change package name which made me to change the launcher name also (that might have been wrong on my side). then i optimized the app once again for FireOS (it caused some freeze issue). Then to fix Setting of Amazon HUD (older version of FireOS), I had to add a code to handle settings (it only works on Amazon and no other device). I changed some sections to give user large wall (that was temporary fix). I removed some http links, but they are used either for update check or to change Network State in the launcher.
    Then i added "App Info" to the launcher, which i only added for non-system apps.
    Later i removed the large section mod and unlocked the widget for Firestick 4k.
    Then I added "Other Settings" which contained option to clear cache and Backup/ Restore function.
    i also added a code which starts the services of Launcher Manager (thats also mainly for FireOS and thats because of Boot Delay). I also added a stroke for tiles.
    thats all i have done to the apk. I have not done this mod to make any money, and i can assure you this app is safe to use. My only intention to mod this app was that this app was almost perfect and there was some bugs which i had to fix myself because the support of this launcher were down. And the only issue at that time was app crash for which i decided not to compile a launcher by myself. I am not forcing you to do anything, I am just clarifying myself, The apps which i have created are safe. and are to improve the user experience only.
    i do not like to or want to rip someone off. I started this mod for FireOS only and no other OS.
    Hey guys, been a long time.
    So here are the two apps, both can be recompiled.
    com.wolf.lm1 was directly compiled whereas com.amazon.launcherm was decompiled then edited and recompiled, so it (com.amazon.launcherm) will be triggered in VirusTotal, it was done just for checking.
    For anyone wondering if I has add a signature verification to it, well it was actually a unfinished code. so that there will be two RSA fingerprints instead of one depending on the Signature itself. which is fixed in the following releases (these are in beta) and if resigned will created a RSA fingerprint of 7B:F1:86:17:09:EF:0A:B8:64:59:63:59:63:13:A7:7A:1A:2A instead of my main one.
    Anyone is free to decompile and redistribute the app (please just don't add malware to it)

the overlay code has a bug so it is disabled, so the button will no do anything (well it shouldn't)

[EDIT] I have not checked any post in the forum for a long time. Gotta go now, bye.