[APP] [FIX] 100% working Viper4Android for Android 10-11-12 devices

Search This thread

ecera

Jun 11, 2013
Yes solution for you is to change the file of the post fs and in line with the mount -o set the Second path to your path, so needed sounds effects will be what viper needs.
Hi, on the Oneplus 10 pro, myself and I think anyone who's tried installing viper has been unsuccessful. The fix in the post-fs-data.sh for the Oneplus 9 pro and im sure other devices involves binding the audio_effects.xml under vendor/etc and odm/etc. On the Oneplus 10 pro the audio_effects.xml exists under odm/etc as well as in 3 other locations (please see attached picture). Would we have to bind all these locations? Or what would you recommend? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-29-18-37-00-95_e49d45507bc181c986c3a6e97c85ef40.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-29-18-37-00-95_e49d45507bc181c986c3a6e97c85ef40.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: dorimanx

dorimanx

Feb 20, 2010
TERA Prime.
www.dorimanx.com
Hi, on the Oneplus 10 pro, myself and I think anyone who's tried installing viper has been unsuccessful. The fix in the post-fs-data.sh for the Oneplus 9 pro and im sure other devices involves binding the audio_effects.xml under vendor/etc and odm/etc. On the Oneplus 10 pro the audio_effects.xml exists under odm/etc as well as in 3 other locations (please see attached picture). Would we have to bind all these locations? Or what would you recommend? Thanks.
Yes you can try that, add more lines of mount -o with second path as the location of audio_effects.

RagnarEldur

Jul 22, 2016
Reykjavík
Xiaomi Mi 11
Xiaomi 12 Pro
If you are someone like me who encountered countless problems while installing Viper4Android on your Android 10 or 11 device and have no idea what to do then you are in the right place. Just download and install the apk from the attachment below.

You need to be rooted with magisk but you can still give it a try if you don't have magisk on your device.

Steps -
* Disable MusicFX or any other sound mod you are using either from Setting/App Manager/Apps or by installing Ainur Narsil magisk module
* Reboot
* Now remove Ainur Narsil magisk module from magisk and install Audio Modification Library (This is required in case you have leftovers from last sound mod)
* Reboot
* Now download the app from the attachment
* Install and open the apk. The app will ask you to install drivers. HIT OK
* The phone will automatically reboot and install Viper4Android magisk module
* Open the app and check. It should be working by now.

If it doesn't work -
* Install Audio Compatibility Patch magisk module. By now you will have two magisk module installed. (Audio Modification Library and Audio Compatibility Patch)
* Reboot
* Open the app. It should work now
* Still no? - Turn on legacy mode from app setting
* Still no? - Turn on compatibility mode from app setting

V4A should totally work by now

Edit : On one plus phones you need to change your seLinux mode to permissive first and then install viper4android.
Use seLinux Mode Changer for that.

Edit: All files are attached at the bottom of the post

Edit 2 -
If none of the above solution is working for you.

Download Viper4Andrpid app from here

Download latest Magisk 21.4 from here

- Flash magisk from recovery
- Then open the Viper4Andrpid app and it'll ask you to update the drivers (or won't, depending on if you already have the drivers installed)

- If phone reboots then open the app again and turn on legacy mode from options

- If phone doesn't reboot, go to options and turn on legacy mode

It should be working now

Edit 3-

If the above two methods don't work and you have enforcing SELinux, try this.

• Disable MusicFX
• Install magisk 22.1
• Install Ainur Narsil magisk module
• Reboot
• Go to magisk and remove Ainur Narsil magisk module

• Download Viper4Android 2.7.2.1 from here

• Open it. It will ask you to install drivers. Click Ok and the phone will reboot. Don't panic.

• Open Viper4Android. Turn on Legacy mode. You will see the Viper4Android app icon on your status bar.

• Go to magisk. Install Audio Modification Library magisk module.

• Reboot

• Go to magisk again and install Audio Compatibility Patch magisk and select the options mentioned below -

- Patch Audio Policy : Vol- (no)
- Patch method : Vol+ (new logic)
- Remove notification helper : Vol- (no)
- Patch USB policy for USB dacs? : Vol- (no)

- Use lib workaround: Vol- (no)

• Reboot

• Open your music player and play a song to check if Viper4Android works now

• If you have never used V4A before, just turn on Master Limiter and Speaker Optimization

If that fails too -
• Unistall Viper4Android app
• Remove Audio Compatibility patch
• Reboot
• Install Viper4Android app and open it
• Enable Legacy mode from top right
• Play a song from your Music Player and turn on Master Limiter in the Viper4Android app
• Now turn on speaker optimization

If Viper4Android doesn't process in the Youtube app or Spotify, install the Audio Compatibility patch like I mentioned above and reboot

Fix 6:

If none of the methods above works then it's likely you messed up somewhere in the process. Unistall all the modules and Viper4Android.

Download the SeLinuxMode Changer app and set your SELinux to permissive. (If you want that)

App link :

Reboot and go to the top of the post. Follow the very first method.

Edit : If you encounter distorted/buggy/laggy audio, clean install viper4android again. But this time keep Ainur Narsil and Audio Modification Library magisk module installed

In OnePlus devices or OxygenOS roms you might need to install the driver twice or thrice.

Credit -
Team De Witt and Viper Acoustic
I did not create the app. I just found a way to get it working in some complicated Android 10 - 12 roms
Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

Edit 69:

If the audio isn't loud enough, go to master limiter, drag that output gain slider to right(6db).

If it's still not loud enough, turn on playback game control, tap on it and customize gain and threshold to your liking.

None of these methods worked for me, I've made my own method that works for me, hopefully it will also work for you, it's really easy and short. Here the instruction video:

Gymcode

Jan 21, 2019
Anyone encounter this error while flashing Auto Compatibility Patch in Android 12?

I'm on Samsung S22 Snapdragon, One UI 4.1.

Screenshot_20220508-193214.jpg

hamzashah100

Jan 24, 2019
Ok, after some more look around, i have found solution for Android 12/12.1 for OnePlus 8T
Probably will work for ALL :)

This is original Viper4Android APK, it's also the MagiSK module!
steps to do:
1) in magisk Uninstall all sound modules!!!
2 )restart to clean them,
3) make sure you dont have viper4android still installed. if you do, uninstall it.
4) install attached Audio-Modification-Library_v4_0-OS12 from magisk modules section.
5) install attached APK it's ORIGINAL by original devs. nothing changed.
6) open viper app (give root perm!) and click ok to install drivers, phone will reboot!
7) copy post-fs-data.sh to sdcard root
8) using adb shell, connect to your device, (or use some rooted file manager to copy the file to folder and skip to restart part.)
9) type su (to gain root perms)
10) cd /data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX
11) cp /sdcard/post-fs-data.sh .
12) restart
13) open viper app, and in settings tick Legacy mode.

Thats IT!!! it's ON and can process!

Enjoy! :) from Dori with love.
Worked on my Oneplus 8 pro Oxygen 12. You're a star!

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Hi all.
So with my knowledge and need for VIPER! for now i gave up. NOTHING i have tried didn't work.
mounting sound xml and fixing search paths and selinux perms, and capability modules,
all you will find looking for answer till this date, will not solve Viper4Android on OnePlus 8T with OS 12.1 original.

app stuck in requesting to install driver, you install, reboot and same.

What is working right now, is
DolbyAtmos-MagicRevision-MagiskModule-20220417144241.zipv2.3.1-beta

no other modules needed. install, find the APP, tune the equalizer and BOOM, sony headphones are back to been awesome!

If someone will find solution for OnePlus 8T with OS 12.1, PLEASE let us know.. find me, and tell me how i am wrong and here is how to fix it!!!!

I need my Viper back.. asap.

Thanks for the hints.
Finally I made V4A working on my Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE, stock MIUI 12.5.8/Android 11

- I don't need AML since I don't use any other audio module

- Install and run the original VIPER4Android-FX.apk (FX 2.7.2.1).
It asks to install drivers and the phone reboots

- Upon rebooting, I copy the attached post-fs-data.sh to /data/adb/modules/VIPER4AndroidFX (over the existing post-fs-data.sh).
I had to modify your post-fs-data.sh and instead:
Code:
mount -o bind /vendor/etc/audio_effects.xml /odm/etc/audio_effects.xml
I put:
Code:
mount -o bind /vendor/etc/audio_effects.xml /vendor/etc/audio/sku_yupik/audio_effects.xml
Actually, I have two other subfolders on /vendor/etc/audio with audio_effects.xml, but left them commented-out in the attached post-fs-data.sh since I tested and found that I don't need to mount to them

- Reboot and then run again VIPER4Android-FX.apk, it doesn't ask for the drivers anymore.
I just change to Legacy mode (settings) and it shows Status = Normal, and it works then.

- I also didn't need to switch SELinux to Permissive mode (setenforce 0) as somebody suggested in another post

Obviously, the needed locations to mount the V4A audio_effects.xml will depend on the particular device.
One can search for the locations of audio_effects.xml by executing (add additional system paths if needed)
Code:
su
find /system -type f -name audio_effects.xml
find /vendor -type f -name audio_effects.xml
find /odm -type f -name audio_effects.xml
and then experiment with mounting to those commands by modifying the post-fs-data.sh

If VIPER4Android-FX.apk still asks for drivers, do not accept to reboot but change the mount command in post-fs-data.sh and try again

Always make sure that /data/adb/modules/VIPER4AndroidFX/system/vendor/etc contains audio_effects.xml, otherwise there will be no V4A audio_effects.xml to mount

Attachments

• post-fs-data.sh
    1.5 KB · Views: 54

silen3c

Apr 30, 2022
What do I do if /data/adb/modules/VIPER4AndroidFX/system/vendor/etc does not contain audio_effects.xml? I also have 5G NE (Android 12) and I can't get it to work. My /vendor/etc/audio/sku_yupik/ path is the same.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
What do I do if /data/adb/modules/VIPER4AndroidFX/system/vendor/etc does not contain audio_effects.xml? I also have 5G NE (Android 12) and I can't get it to work. My /vendor/etc/audio/sku_yupik/ path is the same.

Run the V4A apk, it will complain that driver is not installed, let it install and reboot.
After reboot you will have audio_effects.conf and audio_effects.xml in /data/adb/modules/VIPER4AndroidFX/system/vendor/etc

But if you installed Audio Modification Library then it merges conf and xml from all your audio modules.
Eg, I later added AML and JamesDSP, and now my /data/adb/modules/VIPER4AndroidFX/system/vendor/etc and /data/adb/modules/ainur_jamesdsp/system/vendor/etc have no conf and xml files, but AML merged them and merged files are in /data/adb/modules/aml/system/vendor/etc - attached is the screenshot of that xml, showing how both JamesDSP and V4A were merged there (and merged files are correctly mounted to /vendor/etc locations).
Both JamesDSP and V4A work - I can run them in parallel and hear when I enable/disable some mods in one or another

Attachments

• IMG_20220511_065720.jpg
    IMG_20220511_065720.jpg
    680.1 KB · Views: 31

silen3c

Apr 30, 2022
Run the V4A apk, it will complain that driver is not installed, let it install and reboot.
After reboot you will have audio_effects.conf and audio_effects.xml in /data/adb/modules/VIPER4AndroidFX/system/vendor/etc
Yes, it always complains that driver is not installed.
I do not have anything in /data/adb/modules/VIPER4AndroidFX/system/vendor/etc after reboot.

But if you installed Audio Modification Library then it merges conf and xml from all your audio modules.
Eg, I later added AML and JamesDSP, and now my /data/adb/modules/VIPER4AndroidFX/system/vendor/etc and /data/adb/modules/ainur_jamesdsp/system/vendor/etc have no conf and xml files, but AML merged them and merged files are in /data/adb/modules/aml/system/vendor/etc
I do have the /data/adb/modules/aml/system/vendor/etc folder but it is also empty.

silen3c

Apr 30, 2022
Ok I have installed JamesDSP_Manager-v4_4__9_8_2021_-84.zip and now I have audio_effects.conf in /data/adb/modules/aml/system/etc and audio_effects.xml in /data/adb/modules/aml/system/vendor/etc/audio/sku_yupik

Viper4Android finally works. Huh :)

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Yes, it always complains that driver is not installed.
I do not have anything in /data/adb/modules/VIPER4AndroidFX/system/vendor/etc after reboot.

I do have the /data/adb/modules/aml/system/vendor/etc folder but it is also empty.
Install again, first V4A only as I did, without AML and other audio mods

Btw, mine Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE is MIUI 12.5.8, don't know about MIUI 13

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
Ok, I'm trying very hard to make V4A work in my S22 Ultra (rooted snapdragon) running Android 12, but I'm not getting anywhere.
I've tried everything I could find, including everything posted in this thread.
Tried another modules, like Aml, james dsp, all audio mods. In different install/reboot orders.

Also tried replacing the post-fs-data.sh file, with ones downloaded from internet snd one custom i made.

Here is my folder that has audio_effects .xml
SmartSelect_20220516-221244_MiXplorer.jpg

Here is my data/adb/modules/V4A/system/...whatever folder:

SmartSelect_20220516-221654_MiXplorer.jpg

# Kill audioserver PID if it was initialized already
SERVERPID=$(pidof audioserver)
[ "$SERVERPID" ] && kill $SERVERPID

mount -o bind /vendor/etc/audio/sku_taro/audio_effects.xml /vendor/etc/audio_effects.xml

magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver audioserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver system_file file { execmod }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver mediaserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver system_file file { execmod }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver unlabeled file { read write execute open getattr }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default process { execmem }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default_tmpfs file { execute }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default audio_data_file dir { search }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow app app_data_file file { execute_no_trans }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow mtk_hal_audio mtk_hal_audio_tmpfs file { execute }'

I adapted the path to the ones that have audio_effecta.xml. Is that what I should do?

Anyway, didn't work. So, where sre V4A drivers installed, so I can see if they sre there?
Also, should i5do something else than editing the .sh file?

EDIT: @zgfg @dorimanx , would love to have your help.

Last edited:

godzulu

Ok, after some more look around, i have found solution for Android 12/12.1 for OnePlus 8T

steps to do:
3) make sure you dont have viper4android still installed. if you do, uninstall it.
4) install attached Audio-Modification-Library_v4_0-OS12 from magisk modules section.
6) open viper app (give root perm!) and click ok to install drivers, phone will reboot!
8) using adb shell, connect to your device, (or use some rooted file manager to copy the file to folder and skip to restart part.)
12) restart

Many thanks 🙏 working on pixel 4a5g

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i dont know how to fix it for asus.
    i found how to fix for oneplus. 9 and below.
    oneplus 10 also still not working.
    Hooray, it worked!
    Deleted all mods and started over. , Installed Flash Aosp Soundfx remover, rebooted. Installed
    Flash v4a fx 2721, rebooted, launched, agreed to install drivers, rebooted. Installed audio modification library. Previously, I also had se linus switcher installed. And I almost lost hope..
    And it worked! Viper works!
    Asus Rog phone 5s, 12 android.
    Thank you very much!
    If you are someone like me who encountered countless problems while installing Viper4Android on your Android 10 or 11 device and have no idea what to do then you are in the right place. Just download and install the apk from the attachment below.

You need to be rooted with magisk but you can still give it a try if you don't have magisk on your device.

Steps -
    * Disable MusicFX or any other sound mod you are using either from Setting/App Manager/Apps or by installing Ainur Narsil magisk module
    * Reboot
    * Now remove Ainur Narsil magisk module from magisk and install Audio Modification Library (This is required in case you have leftovers from last sound mod)
    * Reboot
    * Now download the app from the attachment
    * Install and open the apk. The app will ask you to install drivers. HIT OK
    * The phone will automatically reboot and install Viper4Android magisk module
    * Open the app and check. It should be working by now.

If it doesn't work -
    * Install Audio Compatibility Patch magisk module. By now you will have two magisk module installed. (Audio Modification Library and Audio Compatibility Patch)
    * Reboot
    * Open the app. It should work now
    * Still no? - Turn on legacy mode from app setting
    * Still no? - Turn on compatibility mode from app setting

V4A should totally work by now

Edit : On one plus phones you need to change your seLinux mode to permissive first and then install viper4android.
    Use seLinux Mode Changer for that.

Edit: All files are attached at the bottom of the post

Edit 2 -
    If none of the above solution is working for you.

Download Viper4Andrpid app from here

Download latest Magisk 21.4 from here

- Flash magisk from recovery
    - Then open the Viper4Andrpid app and it'll ask you to update the drivers (or won't, depending on if you already have the drivers installed)

- If phone reboots then open the app again and turn on legacy mode from options

- If phone doesn't reboot, go to options and turn on legacy mode

It should be working now

Edit 3-

If the above two methods don't work and you have enforcing SELinux, try this.

• Disable MusicFX
    • Install magisk 22.1
    • Install Ainur Narsil magisk module
    • Reboot
    • Go to magisk and remove Ainur Narsil magisk module

• Download Viper4Android 2.7.2.1 from here

• Open it. It will ask you to install drivers. Click Ok and the phone will reboot. Don't panic.

• Open Viper4Android. Turn on Legacy mode. You will see the Viper4Android app icon on your status bar.

• Go to magisk. Install Audio Modification Library magisk module.

• Reboot

• Go to magisk again and install Audio Compatibility Patch magisk and select the options mentioned below -

- Patch Audio Policy : Vol- (no)
    - Patch method : Vol+ (new logic)
    - Remove notification helper : Vol- (no)
    - Patch USB policy for USB dacs? : Vol- (no)

- Use lib workaround: Vol- (no)

• Reboot

• Open your music player and play a song to check if Viper4Android works now

• If you have never used V4A before, just turn on Master Limiter and Speaker Optimization

If that fails too -
    • Unistall Viper4Android app
    • Remove Audio Compatibility patch
    • Reboot
    • Install Viper4Android app and open it
    • Enable Legacy mode from top right
    • Play a song from your Music Player and turn on Master Limiter in the Viper4Android app
    • Now turn on speaker optimization

If Viper4Android doesn't process in the Youtube app or Spotify, install the Audio Compatibility patch like I mentioned above and reboot

Fix 6:

If none of the methods above works then it's likely you messed up somewhere in the process. Unistall all the modules and Viper4Android.

Download the SeLinuxMode Changer app and set your SELinux to permissive. (If you want that)

App link :

Reboot and go to the top of the post. Follow the very first method.

Fix 7: (May 11, 2022)

I have added Aosp Soundfx remover and V4a fx 2.7.2.1 in the attachment.

Flash Aosp Soundfx remover
    Reboot
    Turn on mobile data/wifi
    Flash v4a fx 2721
    Reboot
    Open Viper4Android app and install the drivers (if the app is asking you to install)
    Reboot

Edit : If you encounter distorted/buggy/laggy audio, clean install viper4android again. But this time keep Ainur Narsil and Audio Modification Library magisk module installed

In OnePlus devices or OxygenOS roms you might need to install the driver twice or thrice.

Credit -
    Team De Witt and Viper Acoustic
    I did not create the app. I just found a way to get it working in some complicated Android 10 - 12 roms
    Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

Edit 69:

If the audio isn't loud enough, go to master limiter, drag that output gain slider to right(6db).

If it's still not loud enough, turn on playback game control, tap on it and customize gain and threshold to your liking.
    For others,you can test Wavelet from Wit,its awesome app,same dev.

steps to do:
    12) restart

thank you very much it worked perfectly
    Hit thanks if it helped ☺️
    @ Ryan Cr 7

I've followed all of your steps but still no driver installation. (CR Droid, Oneplus 8 pro)