Did you succeed? also suffering.. all the problems with switching SELinux - Permessive
ah, these are the internal settings of the program ... Got it. thanks) if it doesn't work with Viper, then I try Wavelet right away. Have you removed Dieac built-in audio mod? I deleted it, it's terrible...
magisk version? is the Data section decrypted? Samsung usually encrypts the Data section andbreak down. In profile topics, look for how to fix this. Knox will fly off.
January 2022 and your guide saved my neck with Viper. Thanks a lot my brother!If you are someone like me who encountered countless problems while installing Viper4Android on your Android 10 or 11 device and have no idea what to do then you are in the right place. Just download and install the apk from the attachment below.
You need to be rooted with magisk but you can still give it a try if you don't have magisk on your device.
* Disable MusicFX or any other sound mod you are using either from Setting/App Manager/Apps or by installing Ainur Narsil magisk module
* Now remove Ainur Narsil magisk module from magisk and install Audio Modification Library (This is required in case you have leftovers from last sound mod)
* Now download the app from the attachment
* Install and open the apk. The app will ask you to install drivers. HIT OK
* The phone will automatically reboot and install Viper4Android magisk module
* Open the app and check. It should be working by now.
If it doesn't work -
* Install Audio Compatibility Patch magisk module. By now you will have two magisk module installed. (Audio Modification Library and Audio Compatibility Patch)
* Open the app. It should work now
* Still no? - Turn on legacy mode from app setting
* Still no? - Turn on compatibility mode from app setting
V4A should totally work by now
Edit : On one plus phones you need to change your seLinux mode to permissive first and then install viper4android.
Use seLinux Mode Changer for that.
Edit: All files are attached at the bottom of the post
Edit 2 -
If none of the above solution is working for you.
Download Viper4Andrpid app from here
Download latest Magisk 21.4 from here
- Flash magisk from recovery
- Then open the Viper4Andrpid app and it'll ask you to update the drivers (or won't, depending on if you already have the drivers installed)
- If phone reboots then open the app again and turn on legacy mode from options
- If phone doesn't reboot, go to options and turn on legacy mode
It should be working now
If the above two methods don't work and you have enforcing SELinux, try this.
• Disable MusicFX
• Install magisk 22.1
• Install Ainur Narsil magisk module
• Go to magisk and remove Ainur Narsil magisk module
• Download Viper4Android 126.96.36.199 from here
• Open it. It will ask you to install drivers. Click Ok and the phone will reboot. Don't panic.
• Open Viper4Android. Turn on Legacy mode. You will see the Viper4Android app icon on your status bar.
• Go to magisk. Install Audio Modification Library magisk module.
• Go to magisk again and install Audio Compatibility Patch magisk and select the options mentioned below -
- Patch Audio Policy : Vol- (no)
- Patch method : Vol+ (new logic)
- Remove notification helper : Vol- (no)
- Patch USB policy for USB dacs? : Vol- (no)
- Use lib workaround: Vol- (no)
• Open your music player and play a song to check if Viper4Android works now
• If you have never used V4A before, just turn on Master Limiter and Speaker Optimization
If that fails too -
• Unistall Viper4Android app
• Remove Audio Compatibility patch
• Install Viper4Android app and open it
• Enable Legacy mode from top right
• Play a song from your Music Player and turn on Master Limiter in the Viper4Android app
• Now turn on speaker optimization
If Viper4Android doesn't process in the Youtube app or Spotify, install the Audio Compatibility patch like I mentioned above and reboot
If none of the methods above works then it's likely you messed up somewhere in the process. Unistall all the modules and Viper4Android.
Download the SeLinuxMode Changer app and set your SELinux to permissive. (If you want that)
App link :
updated to the latest libs and tools implemented app shortcuts to quicktoggle between permissive and enforcing modes new icons and notification styles adaptive icons (including shortcuts) for 8.0+ ...github.com
Reboot and go to the top of the post. Follow the very first method.
Edit : If you encounter distorted/buggy/laggy audio, clean install viper4android again. But this time keep Ainur Narsil and Audio Modification Library magisk module installed
In OnePlus devices or OxygenOS roms you might need to install the driver twice or thrice.
Team De Witt and Viper Acoustic
I did not create the app. I just found a way to get it working in some complicated Android 10 - 12 roms
Thanks for reading and have a nice day!
If the audio isn't loud enough, go to master limiter, drag that output gain slider to right(6db).
If it's still not loud enough, turn on playback game control, tap on it and customize gain and threshold to your liking.
So, I can't install on OnePlus nord 2. Do you have any progress?None of the methods work for me. The audio compatibility patch fails to install. I'm using OnePlus 9R 5G running Oxygen OS on Android 11. I installed the driver 5 times but I keep getting the same message asking me to install drivers when I open viper app.
I also tried the process given here but still facing the same trouble.
I already spent close to 3-4 hours trying various methods to get Viper working on my phone. Always faced failure. I can't get SeLinux to permissive. I tried two apps. Both of them don't work for me. One always crashes, another one changes the mode to permissive temporarily.
I've been trying to install for a month) On Xiaomi MI11 on Android 11, with enforced SELinux, installed / there is a way ... the main thing is to figure it out, it's a pity that there are no firmware source files .... Wavelet, well, it's not that, compared to Viper (I already spent close to 3-4 hours trying various methods to get Viper working on my phone. Always faced failure. I can't get SeLinux to permissive. I tried two apps. Both of them don't work for me. One always crashes, another one changes the mode to permissive temporarily.
I'm using Wavelet. I only require bass boost which it provides me very well. The bass boost quality is as good as Viper in my experience on Boat Rockerz earphones. I have yet to do a comparative test on JBL T450BT.
I guess the sound quality will be same. I still want to get Viper as it's more powerful and has more features which I require less often. I haven't met anyone who has installed Viper successfully on OnePlus 9RT. It will probably take 3-4 months before someone is able to find a successful method as this phone has arrived recently in the market.
Nord has been around for quite a while. You should be able to get Viper on Nord. I haven't searched but I guess there are people who must be using Viper successfully on Nord. Maybe try asking on Nord section of XDA?