• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] Fix Internal SD-Card write access error

Search This thread

mannyvinny

Oct 7, 2012
Varanasi

I made this app for our N7100 to fix write access error in int-sdcard. This issue is similar in N3 too so sharing it here.
This an small utility app to fix write access error in Internal SdCard. This problem occurs in KitKat firmwares mainly on restoring nandroid backup. Consequences is, files won't get saved in int- sdcard.
To fix this, just tap on Fix me button in the app. This will restore the functionality of sdcard back to normal. If you still couldn't fix the error, tap on Download button to download an additional file fixer. You will be notified once the download is finished. All this process is automatic, so you don't need to manually manage the downloaded file.

attachment.php

Download​

I

itspull

Offer a reverse flash able zip file to revert changes made by this app

As the title says, in an event changes made by this app either don't work or there is some sort of corruption to the file system after having applied its changes.

You could also do good by making all of this open source on git hub or elsewhere so anyone can know what this app actually does.

For now, it's a blind install.

no source code, no explanation of how it works.

! NOTICE to mods: I've emailed personally the dev about this. I'm attempting to get some traction for attention toward this app for auditing by you guys. I'm going out on a limb here, but this app could be malware.

! Additional NOTICE to mods: After applying the changes this app offers, my root directory files are no longer writable. Root apps like ad away, after having checked and downloaded source files to append to the hosts file, causes my device to force reboot. This was not common behaviour BEFORE installing this app.

So, now, i address this to both op and mods in closing: I'm either mistaken about this app being malware, and it unintentionally messed up my filesystem, by which, the op offers some sort of reverse flash able zip, or an explanation as to what this does internally is explained by op, and offers a warning: 'this will not work for xx device', use at your own discretion', to introduce some sort of caution to anyone else that decides to install this app and give it root access.

Ok, I await a response from either op or mods. I do hope op first responds and clears all of this up. And, also offers a reverse flash able zip.

NOTE: inside the app, there's an option to download an additional file to offer help in fixing the issue in the case the default fix doesn't work. It always downloads corrupted for me.

Do you-Op- care to share the vinnyfix.zip here for download?

Last edited:

Eleo

As the title says, in an event changes made by this app either don't work or there is some sort of corruption to the file system after having applied its changes.

You could also do good by making all of this open source on git hub or elsewhere so anyone can know what this app actually does.

For now, it's a blind install.

no source code, no explanation of how it works.

! NOTICE to mods: I've emailed personally the dev about this. I'm attempting to get some traction for attention toward this app for auditing by you guys. I'm going out on a limb here, but this app could be malware.

! Additional NOTICE to mods: After applying the changes this app offers, my root directory files are no longer writable. Root apps like ad away, after having checked and downloaded source files to append to the hosts file, causes my device to force reboot. This was not common behaviour BEFORE installing this app.

So, now, i address this to both op and mods in closing: I'm either mistaken about this app being malware, and it unintentionally messed up my filesystem, by which, the op offers some sort of reverse flash able zip, or an explanation as to what this does internally is explained by op, and offers a warning: 'this will not work for xx device', use at your own discretion', to introduce some sort of caution to anyone else that decides to install this app and give it root access.

Ok, I await a response from either op or mods. I do hope op first responds and clears all of this up. And, also offers a reverse flash able zip.

NOTE: inside the app, there's an option to download an additional file to offer help in fixing the issue in the case the default fix doesn't work. It always downloads corrupted for me.

Do you-Op- care to share the vinnyfix.zip here for download?
Instead of posting this long post you just could have clicked on "report to moderators" and get response from them directly. All stuff shared in XDA does have a clause:

"I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because an app/function failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about this app/ROM/kernel/etc"​

Cheers.

I

itspull

Instead of posting this long post you just could have clicked on "report to moderators" and get response from them directly. All stuff shared in XDA does have a clause:

"I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because an app/function failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about this app/ROM/kernel/etc"​

Cheers.
Understood. I'm a bit new here. Thanks for the tip.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Cheers.
Also, "report to moderators" the app of question, how? Is this in the reply settings?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I made this app for our N7100 to fix write access error in int-sdcard. This issue is similar in N3 too so sharing it here.
    This an small utility app to fix write access error in Internal SdCard. This problem occurs in KitKat firmwares mainly on restoring nandroid backup. Consequences is, files won't get saved in int- sdcard.
    To fix this, just tap on Fix me button in the app. This will restore the functionality of sdcard back to normal. If you still couldn't fix the error, tap on Download button to download an additional file fixer. You will be notified once the download is finished. All this process is automatic, so you don't need to manually manage the downloaded file.

attachment.php

Download​