[APP] Flashlight Alerts 1.5, now supporting lots of phones + email + Google Voice

Search This thread

rdude

Oct 24, 2006
Seattle
twitter.com
Hey all,

You may recall the Flashlight Alerts app I released last year for the HTC EVO and a few other phones:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=6855234&postcount=35

Originally, the app would flash your LED when you received a phone call or when you got a new text message. Right after releasing, I got a bunch of requests for new features and supporting new phones.

Well, I finally found the time and I've now expanded the app so it works with many more phones (including the latest EVO 4G update and Nexus S), and added support for Gmail, Email, K-9 Mail, and Google Voice!

As always, the APK is attached for XDA members.

The app is also available in the Market for $2.99 if you would like to donate:

img.php

Let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

• FlashlightAlerts.apk
    24.6 KB · Views: 10,251

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
Hey all,

You may recall the Flashlight Alerts app I released last year for the HTC EVO and a few other phones:

Thanks for letting us XDA members have this for FREE.......really appreciate it dude! This is one of the best features on my EVO!! Every time I'm in the club or somewhere I can't hear my phone, this is ALWAYS a life saver!! PLUS is a great way to piss off iPhone users....they're like, what's that.....AND I just laugh because they're totally clueless..hahahahaha.....THANKS again dude!!

Reactions: SomeoneE1se

red_hanks

Jan 13, 2008
City of Rock Stars...
goo.gl
Many thanks mate. Been waiting for this king of application. Works perfectly on my HD2.
I love it!!! Two thumbs up. Will definitely buy it on Android Market.

What about additional settings to configure the blinking interval of the flashlight?

dark13

Aug 4, 2008
Paris
What about additional settings to configure the blinking interval of the flashlight?

I totally agree!
Actually I believe the best feature (in my case) would be to allow the LED to flash every xx seconds. So when my GS2 lies on the table and when I have unread SMS / mail / voice message or a missed call it can remind me to check it!
Perfect settings would allow to set the flash rate (like .-.-.-. or .-.) and the timing for the reminder in seconds (blink every xx seconds).

Anyway that's a great app and a great job!
Works fine on my GS2 2.3.3

Thanks dev!

Isadora

Nov 14, 2009
London
I totally agree!

Perfect settings would allow to set the flash rate (like .-.-.-. or .-.) and the timing for the reminder in seconds (blink every xx seconds).

Would need a time limit too so you could have blink [whatever pattern] every X seconds for Y minutes. Oh and if possible, create different blink patterns for different types of notifications :)

dboss007

Apr 6, 2010
I totally agree!
Actually I believe the best feature (in my case) would be to allow the LED to flash every xx seconds. So when my GS2 lies on the table and when I have unread SMS / mail / voice message or a missed call it can remind me to check it!

Anyway that's a great app and a great job!
Works fine on my GS2 2.3.3

Thanks dev!

Agree with this 100%! Also, is there anyway to make this work with Google Talk?

dkl_uk

Jul 3, 2005
Manchester, UK
Has anyone encountered a bug that stops your HD2 from charging when this application has been triggered?

I have actually had to disable the app due to this issue. My battery was warm at the time so I will test again tonight.

The orange LED would go out, although android recognised USB was plugged in it refused to charge until I unplugged the cable and put it back in.

tsbrewers

Mar 19, 2009
I know it has been mentioned in the various threads already, but it could REALLY use an interval setting. Like one flash every minute or something. Personally, if I am there to see the flash in the first place, I knew the phone rang anyway. It's when I wasn't there for the ring, is when it would be very handy to have it flash every few minutes. My phone sits face down in a holster so, I really can use an app like that.

Brew

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all,

Originally, the app would flash your LED when you received a phone call or when you got a new text message. Right after releasing, I got a bunch of requests for new features and supporting new phones.

Well, I finally found the time and I've now expanded the app so it works with many more phones (including the latest EVO 4G update and Nexus S), and added support for Gmail, Email, K-9 Mail, and Google Voice!

img.php

works fine on SGS2
    Hey all,

Thanks for letting us XDA members have this for FREE.......really appreciate it dude! This is one of the best features on my EVO!! Every time I'm in the club or somewhere I can't hear my phone, this is ALWAYS a life saver!! PLUS is a great way to piss off iPhone users....they're like, what's that.....AND I just laugh because they're totally clueless..hahahahaha.....THANKS again dude!!
    I"m not sure if this is possible but i'd love for this to be able to be used as a notification to an alarm. I'd love for the flashflight to go off along with the alarm app. If you're able to add this feature I'll support you by buying the market version. :)