- Oct 5, 2012
Warning: If you are using this app on a device that is running an OEM skinned Android (Samsung Touchwiz, HTC Sense, etc.), do not expect perfect compatibility. As explained below, this app works best on devices running ROM's that are close to AOSP. (Cyanogenmod, Paranoid Android, AOKP, Slim, and all other derivatives).
Fontster allows you to easily change the system wide fonts on your Android device within a well designed Holo UI. In order to use this app, your device must be rooted. What makes Fontster special is that it will replace all font styles used by the operating system. Unlike other font installers that only replace a few of the font styles, Fontster will change all styles resulting in a consistent look across all text. This means that practically all of the typed elements throughout your devices UI will be changed to your desired font, including the keyboard, digital clock widget, web pages etc.
• Font installation
• About 150 full font families to choose from (more are constantly being added)
• Font previewing (try out fonts prior to installing)
• True Font Display (font names are show in their actual font)
• Backup and restore fonts
Fontster works best with devices running close to stock (AOSP) builds. Therefore Nexus devices tend to work great with this app. Although the app has been tested and confirmed to be working on some other non-AOSP devices (Samsung Touchwiz, etc.), it is highly recommended to use caution (make backups) and be prepared for things to go wrong if you are using a non-AOSP device.
- Fontster has been developed in a fully open source nature
- The code for the app can be found on GitHub
- Feel free to contribute to the project by submitting pull requests