[APP][Free][1.5+]Display brightness

Search This thread

tursoke

Dec 8, 2008
Darn shame, this app is so good that it really should be part of android as stock, bought the pro years ago and it's easily the best usability purchase I've made for android.

Are you still developing this? I'm having a problem with the ver5.1 after my One+ 3T updated to Oreo today, that if I place the bar to top center, it draws under the statusbar making it impossible to use, super annoying Oreo feature. Is there any way around this, or do I just have to learn to use the bar on one of the sides?

And I too found out that one can't find the "app missing from market" link anymore :(

k36madman

Feb 22, 2010
hi developer. congratulation for creating this app. thanks so much..
what is your play store link? did you cerate a new account? did you update this app ?

aximili

Jun 29, 2007
All these years I've been wondering why such a useful app disappeared all of a sudden! This is the best brightness app in the world!
(Lux is 2nd best because it can remember your preferences depending on the phone's light sensor, but as long as you can't stick the ambient light sensor on your eye, it can't beat DisplayBrightness because it doesn't have the super useful floating controller!)

Now how can I nag Google to unblock your account? :)
And are you still improving DisplayBrightness, RubberBigPepper?

RubberBigPepper

Apr 16, 2011
Tyumen
www.rubberbigpepper.com
Now how can I nag Google to unblock your account? :)
Unfortunately my developer account was blocked by Google Play and all my Apps was removed from Play market.
I will be appreciated to your help:
1. Go to link https://support.google.com/googleplay/contactflow . Choose Applications and game for Adroid and Application missing in Play market
2. Ask supports to unban my developer account and return all apps to play market.
And are you still improving DisplayBrightness, RubberBigPepper?
Yes. Now I am rewriting app to newest Google API

aximili

Jun 29, 2007
1. Go to link https://support.google.com/googleplay/contactflow . Choose Applications and game for Adroid and Application missing in Play market
2. Ask supports to unban my developer account and return all apps to play market.

Unfortunately it seems to have changed. I thought you knew, as SanctimoniousApe said:
Google must have gotten tired of this and changed things. Your instructions no longer match what appears on their site.

That is awesome!
May I suggest an option to lock the floating slider? (eg. on the right), so it can stay even when the screen rotates :)

aximili

Jun 29, 2007
Btw I have written an Automagic Flow for my own auto-brightness, that uses the awesome Display Brightness.
So you could have an auto-brightness that goes beyond zero, and override it anytime with a simple touch (thanks to DisplayBrightness's floating slider).

I attached it here in case anyone is interested. But it is not easily configurable, I've been pulling my hair to come up with the formula.
So far it seems ok on my OnePlus 6 (where screen_brightness seems to be 12-1023, where on my Galaxy S6 I think it was 3-255)

Attachments

• flow_adjustBrightness_20180709_210938.xml
    10.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

k36madman

Feb 22, 2010
Unfortunately my developer account was blocked by Google Play and all my Apps was removed from Play market.

thanks for this awesome application.
Is there any update?

soh3l

Mar 15, 2014
Definitely its awesome and essential app for all androiders.
Thanks a lot to the great dev RubberBigPepper.

aximili

Jun 29, 2007

Hi RubberBigPepper, is there any update? I'm sure everyone is waiting for Android 8+ support :)

Display Brightness 5.1 still works on my Android 8.1 except that on some games the slider would disappear (not on top anymore)

And if anyone knows any way to help unblock RubberBigPepper's google account I would really like to support it

RubberBigPepper

Apr 16, 2011
Tyumen
www.rubberbigpepper.com
Hi RubberBigPepper, is there any update? I'm sure everyone is waiting for Android 8+ support :)
Display Brightness 5.1 still works on my Android 8.1 except that on some games the slider would disappear (not on top anymore)
And if anyone knows any way to help unblock RubberBigPepper's google account I would really like to support it
I use my apps on S7 Edge and Android 8.0
But I never seen that Slider disappeared from screen.
So, could you list a games where slider goes off?

PS. sorry for my bad English

aximili

Jun 29, 2007
I use my apps on S7 Edge and Android 8.0
But I never seen that Slider disappeared from screen.
So, could you list a games where slider goes off?

PS. sorry for my bad English

Oh I thought it was an Android 8 issue. Don't worry if you're not aware of it, there are not that many apps that hide the slider :)
But just FYI, this is one of them https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gravity.poring.and&hl=en_AU, and I am using One Plus 6 and Android 8.1.

RubberBigPepper

Apr 16, 2011
Tyumen
www.rubberbigpepper.com

aximili

Jun 29, 2007
Added a screenshot of Idle Poring.
There are two my topmost apps: Display brightness and clock.

Could it be because of the notch on my OnePlus 6?
If I slide down the notif and slide it back up, the slider would appear for a split second (right after the notif disappears to the top) before it also slides up following the notif bar and disappears to the top..

cod

Jan 20, 2007
Hello, I bought the pro version to access all its features. It's the best screen brightness app out there. One thing though. The background colour always stays on even I (hide taskbar indicator is set to on). All the other colours disappear, but background taskbar indicator remains visible. I have a screenshot to show.

Hans de Groot

Mar 2, 2011
BQ Aquaris X Pro
Hi. Thank you for the display brightness app.
I have been migrating it since 2012 via titanium backup for years now. And somehow it always worked fine.
Now I have an android 9 phone and I restored it and wow this super old app still works on this nasty new android version that does not want you to do anything with your phone anymore :(
But I noticed that sometimes I wake up the phone and want to change brigghtness it does not respond. The bar is there but I just have to wait a minute or so and suddenly it works again. It is showing in the notications area and the slider/bar is onscreen but it is just lik ethe nackend is sleepeing or some in visible layer is ontop of the bar.
Any fix for that?
Wow so google banned you for some reason. bummer. that explains why I cannot find the app for a long time.

everevil

Feb 20, 2017
Really love this legendary app... Hope if you have time to update it. In my new pie device somehow it make the screen glitches with random black screen... The only way remove the glitches I need to disable hw overlay in developer options. Anyway thank you for all this years for this wonderful app

k36madman

Feb 22, 2010

Hi dear developer, is there any good news about new version of this app ? :)

aximili

Jun 29, 2007
It is 2023 and I'm on Android 13. RubberBigPepper's Display Brightness is still the #1 app I would install!
Still can't believe Google blocked such an awesome dev who developed an irreplaceable essential app that Android is missing.

This really awesome app is still working well on my Pixel 6 Pro, except some little issues:
- Screen is still a little too bright at night even with -100 negative brightness lol
- The top area where the notch is (where the status bar is supposed to be) is not darkened

Please let me know if anyone knows any workaround.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts