• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App][Free][2.1+] My First App: Fast Time Calculator!

Search This thread

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
I just published my very first Android app!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pauldavidsantana.timecalculator

I initially created this app for my girlfriend so she could easily calculate when she needed to clock back in for lunches and breaks, and after a few months, I decided to publish it for real and become a true Android developer!

What do you think? Any comments, feedback? Features you think would be worthwhile to add? I'm a new developer and looking to learn!

Reactions: Hairo The Blue Mage

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
Ok, here is a question:

When the screen rotates and sometimes even when re-opening the app, the timepicker times get blanked out.

How do I stop this from happening?

I tried creating a SharedPrefrences object and saving/restoring the times but the above still occurs.

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
Updated for Holo all the way back to Android 2.1! (Via ActionBarSherlock)

Vastly improved look. Attached is a before and after. Huge improvement eh?

Anyone have any other design suggestions for me? Or perhaps new features to implement?

Attachments

• V1.3_930a-600p.jpg
    V1.3_930a-600p.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 45

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just published my very first Android app!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pauldavidsantana.timecalculator

I initially created this app for my girlfriend so she could easily calculate when she needed to clock back in for lunches and breaks, and after a few months, I decided to publish it for real and become a true Android developer!

What do you think? Any comments, feedback? Features you think would be worthwhile to add? I'm a new developer and looking to learn!