• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][FREE][Android 5.0+] YouTube Downloader v7.5.1

Search This thread

kdsdata

Sep 12, 2015
Youtube Downloader lists only 20 Entries in the Search tab. Is there a way to make the list longer, continuous, or is there someting like a "next/previous page". I can't find any of those, so I am stuck with seeing only 20 search result. Any help will be appreciated.

xda_dentex

Aug 13, 2012
dentex.github.io
Youtube Downloader lists only 20 Entries in the Search tab. Is there a way to make the list longer, continuous, or is there someting like a "next/previous page". I can't find any of those, so I am stuck with seeing only 20 search result. Any help will be appreciated.
Yes this is a hard-coded limitation of the app, sorry about that.
They changed how the results are loaded a few months ago (maybe last year) and I had to stick with the first 20 only.

Reactions: kost7 and coolhof

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I personally use YouTube (Vanced actually) to do my search and preview, and then share it to download.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
It's a solution.👍

On my side, I've always wanted to implement this dynamic download of new results, but didn't have a chance.
I never saw it as a "work-around". I always thought of the search in YTD as a fallback, with YTD as an "extender" of YouTube features.
I am going to try that, because I usually have to download the video before the full viewing because of my slow network. Thanks.
Sorry to hear of your slow downloads, but if you do not preview the video, it shouldnt be too much worse than a search in YTD. Unless you have a REALLY slow connection. Or an expensive data plan where every byte counts/costs.

Reactions: xda_dentex

kdsdata

Sep 12, 2015
I am going to try that, because I usually have to download the video before the full viewing because of my slow network. Thanks.
Follow up to above.

I have tried and tested others, and decided on NewPipe, because YouTube(vanced) is too Googlie, and YouTubeDownloader has the 20 item limit.

NewPipe lets me search easily, a click let's me see the video details and download, and the download can exactly be saved to where I want, and is not deleted if I uninstall NewPipe.

Then from the video folder I can, as normal, view with my choice of video viewer, or use something like CastX to cast it to my TV.

The download speed(s) is(are) the fastest I have seen. Surprising, because NewPipe uses the stock downloader (usually slow), but NewPipe really must know how to use it efficiently.

Con: The thumbnails for the search results window are fairly small, shortens the video titles, maybe too much, but a click gets me to the details, so no real problem.

The searches are saved, the list of those can easily be managed, and an individual items can be edited so that you can customize a criteria until you have what you (Ok, I) need.

Great App, Thanks NewPipe Team (but I don't know if they read this forum ^_^)

Last edited:

nerdydaddyo

Jul 4, 2015
Culpeper

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I think speed limitations are back in the latest version. Can someone else confirm it too?
Not sure if I can confirm it absolutely. But I downloaded something this morning (12 hrs ago) and I didnt think anything of it at the time, but I did notice it appeared to be running slow. I fdont notice it so much, as I usually always download in the background, but the first few seconds were slow.

Reactions: nick491

saurabh007

Jun 30, 2013
Navi Mumbai
Not sure if I can confirm it absolutely. But I downloaded something this morning (12 hrs ago) and I didnt think anything of it at the time, but I did notice it appeared to be running slow. I fdont notice it so much, as I usually always download in the background, but the first few seconds were slow.
It is slow for me since 2-3 days.

Speed per chunk of download, capped at ~64KB/s

5-6 days back it was for 1080p videos. Now for 720p and 480p as well and might be for other res too.

Jazz2k

Sep 27, 2011
Looks like Google have updated the YouTube signatures again for non official clients and then when that happens it limits them to 64kbps per chunk.

Will have to wait for the next speed/Sig patch to get updated. Happy holidays everyone and stay safe. Also, if you can, donate to help keep this project going. :)

xda_dentex

Aug 13, 2012
dentex.github.io

Attachments

• dentex.youtube.downloader_v7.5.apk
    4.2 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hello, could you check how is this new version working? I think it's OK, but I'm on a really crappy mobile network at the moment.

APK is attached to this message. :)
Just tested 1 random video,and yes it is fast again. 277KB/s vs 6814KB/s

Previous Versuion 7.4.1
Screenshot_20211205-231655.png

This Version 7.5
Screenshot_20211205-231843.png

Top Liked Posts