• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][FREE][Android 5.0+] YouTube Downloader v7.5

Search This thread

Jazz2k

Sep 27, 2011
Oh woow, that was fast. Can also agree and confirm back to my normal 35mb/s d/l again. Get paid on Tuesday so will send over another donation for your awesome work.

Reactions: xda_dentex

xda_dentex

Aug 13, 2012
dentex.github.io
@saurabh007 It might be possible that you were using a link retained from the previous version of the app. I.e. see here:

photo_2021-12-08_16-53-33.jpg

The link below is from v7.4.1 while the above one has been scraped with the newest v7.5.
The older file is slow to download, although we are under the new version, because internally the app retains the old link (that doesn't have the speed parameter decrypted correctly).

I'm not sure if this is what happened in your case and if it's clear what I mean.
In either case, although not optimal, it's the expected behavior.

ibanez00

Mar 13, 2011
[APP][FREE][Android 5.0+] YouTube Downloader 7.5

An Android app to download YouTube videos (and extract/convert audio to mp3).
Compatible from Android Lollipop (5.0 - API21) and up.

Get it here:
DOWNLOAD LATEST BUILD: https://dentex.github.io/files/apk/latest/dentex.youtube.downloader.apk

Installation
The app supports Android versions starting from Lollipop (5.0);
Remember to enable Unknown Sources from your device’s Security settings, to allow installations of non market apps (safely ignore the subsequent dialog). Please note: in newer versions of Android, this kind of permission is not system-wide, but has to be given to single apps;
If the “install” button is not working, temporary disable apps as Halo, Screenfilter, Twilight, LastPass password manager or anything similar (apps that do “draw on other apps”);
To install the app, click on your notification bar message for the completed download (if using the system downloads app, otherwise this may vary: i.e. if you have a file manager installed, you can browse to your downloads folder and install YTD’s apk directly, clicking on the apk file).

Usage
Search for video and music within the app itself, OR
Select the “share” button in the YouTube App while watching a video (or share any YouTube plain text link via any App) and choose “YouTube downloader”;
You’ll see all the video codecs and qualities available for the video you’re on. then:
Press an item to download the video locally (on the device) or to send the download via SSH to a remote PC. Destination machine requirements: Bash and Wget (and FFmpeg for muxing 480p and 1080p videos). More SSH info available in the app’s tutorials;
Long-press an item and choose between copy to clipboard or share link as text. Note: such a link (differently from when you send it via SSH) can be only used from the same device where it has been created OR from the same LAN, if you share it to another PC;
Use the Dashboard to interact with downloaded video (audio extraction/conversion/mux and file management);
On Lollipop or above, you can copy/move/rename/delete files on external sdcard.

Features
  • Search for YouTube videos within the app;
  • Download on your device;
  • Remote download on another PC via SSH;
  • Multi-threaded downloads: maximizes bandwidth available and minimizes YouTube’s speed throttling;
  • Support for almost any format/quality available from YouTube;
  • Audio extraction to aac/ogg or conversion to mp3 (menu available via single-click on items in the Dashboard tab);
  • Mp3’s ID3 tags edit;
  • Mux Audio-Only and Video-Only streams into a complete video (to enjoy HD resolutions available as separated streams only);
  • File management (menu available via long-click on items in the Dashboard tab);
  • Handle download link: copy and/or pass it to other apps;
  • Video list filters by format, quality etc via (left) sliding menu;
  • Many preferences to customize usage.

Known issues
  • Some very long running downloads may be forced to PAUSE state if the app is not kept to the front for a certain amount of time. In this cases a manual resume is needed;
  • 在 Lollipop 及更高版本上,可以使用外部(可移動)sdcard 作為下載目標文件夾,但這是一個警告:只有應用程序的私有文件夾可用。重要說明:如果您卸載該應用程序,該文件夾將被系統刪除(連同您的所有下載)。目前無法在外部/可移動 SD 卡上選擇不同的目錄;
  • 應用程序傳統上用於視頻預覽的流(如果現在經常丟失),因此在這種情況下使用低分辨率的純視頻流;
  • 需要登錄的有年齡限制的視頻可能無法播放。

反特徵
不支持下載以下所有視頻:
  • 需要登錄才能確認年齡;
  • 實現加密流(一些完整的電影);
  • 在您的國家/地區不可用;
  • 是現場活動。

學分

代碼摘錄 許可證
If it can support the playlist download function, it will be perfect.

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Working now.

Yes, I did update to 7.5 before but now I had to clear data to get back the speed.

I'm not sure why that should be necessary, but I'll have a look at your use case.
Thanks.
Occums razor. Its the internet. There are numerous servers, the service provider, googles servers, their choice of where in the world to deliver their content from etc etc etc. Many points of failure. There are odd times things can run less than optimal. Remember, when i tested it, it seemed my downloads were running at hyperspeed. A one off (or short period) low speed / high speed is more on reliability of the whole system than expected/general results. I am guessing your clearing of data just happened to coincided with some other occurrence.

saurabh007

Jun 30, 2013
Navi Mumbai
@saurabh007 It might be possible that you were using a link retained from the previous version of the app. I.e. see here:

View attachment 5477767

The link below is from v7.4.1 while the above one has been scraped with the newest v7.5.
The older file is slow to download, although we are under the new version, because internally the app retains the old link (that doesn't have the speed parameter decrypted correctly).

I'm not sure if this is what happened in your case and if it's clear what I mean.
In either case, although not optimal, it's the expected behavior.
In my case, I wasn't using any link from previous version as I had cleared data of the app after updating it to 7.5

But, as of now it's working properly. So, no issues.

Thanks a lot for the app.

darknessmessiah

Dec 14, 2009
I'm unable to install The app on my phone. It doesn't end The installation and reports that tha apk keeps ending with error.
My phone:
oneplus 6t
Android 11

darknessmessiah

Dec 14, 2009
Redownload the apk, in case the one you got is corrupted. Also, take a look at the installation notes on the 1st post.
After some search, it seems to be a problem with the android upgrade from oneplus that came with a broke apk installer (its permissions, maybe)... To solve it, they said to first factory reset and, if still not working, flash the full rom again.

Thanks anyway for the fast response!

Top Liked Posts