• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[App] [Free] Minesweeper Classic

Search This thread

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hello,

I make that thread to present you my new game Minesweeper available on Google Play Store here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ssaurel.minesweeper .

Application is an implementation of the classical game Minesweeper that comes with a classic blue theme remembering the app on Windows XP.

The game integrates Google Play Games letting you to share your scores overall the World across global Leaderboards and deblock Achievements when you are playing :).

A QR Code to download quickly the app from Play Store :

qrcode_200.png

You can discover Minesweeper in action in that Youtube demo video :

Here are some screenshots :

* Home Screen

main_en.png

* Beginner mode

main2_en.png

* Sign in with Google Plus account

drawer_en.png

* Game menu

menu_en.png

* Preferences screen

prefs_en.png

* Achievements

achievements_en.png

In details, features are following :

• Original blue theme
  • 4 levels of difficulties (Noob with 8 mines, Beginner with 15 mines, Intermediate with 40 mines and Expert with 99 mines)
  • Custom level to define width, height and mines like you want
  • Touch or long touch cells to reveal, flag or mark them
  • Local best times
  • Help menu to learn how to play
  • Preferences menu to customize the Minesweeper
  • Sound effects that can be enabled in preferences
  • Google Play Games integration to have more fun with the game
  • World Leaderboards
  • Achievements

Application needs only 2 permissions : Internet to display ads (a Pro version with no ads is available here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ssaurel.minesweeper.pro ) and Write to external storage to store your achievements when you are not connected on Google+ account before send to Google Play Games when you will be connected after.

Direct link to download APK from my server : http://www.ssaurel.com/minesweeper/Minesweeper.apk

A web site is also available to play online to the game and see changelog when the app will be updated : http://www.ssaurel.com/minesweeper/

It's all :). Give me your feedbacks and ideas to improve the game.

Thanks.

Sylvain

Last edited:

iamelton

Feb 10, 2011
Hong Kong
OnePlus Nord

Do you try to sign in with Google+ ? The process works well ?

You have deblocked some achievements :) ?

Sylvain.

i dont use google+, but i do have a suggestion for u to consider..

add double-tap action to a disclosed cell and reveal all those empty cells nearby.. this is just like the left+right click of the mouse in the windows version..
in this way if the flags are marked correctly, the nearby cells can be revealed quickly instead of tapping each one..
and of course if the flags are marked wrongly, the bomb explodes.. ;)

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Great idea !

add double-tap action to a disclosed cell and reveal all those empty cells nearby.. this is just like the left+right click of the mouse in the windows version..
in this way if the flags are marked correctly, the nearby cells can be revealed quickly instead of tapping each one..

Oh yes, great idea !

I had forgotten this option on the original game.

It's a good way to solve more quickly a game.

I'm going to work on it and i will publish the feature quickly :).

Thanks.

Reactions: iamelton

abudgx

Feb 8, 2008
Hi,

One suggestion is to apply a flag on a long touch instead of waiting for the user to release the touch... it will be more visual... sometimes I go too fast and dont touch long enough to apply the flag and uncover a bomb!

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Also great idea :)

Hi,

One suggestion is to apply a flag on a long touch instead of waiting for the user to release the touch... it will be more visual... sometimes I go too fast and dont touch long enough to apply the flag and uncover a bomb!

It's also a great idea. I implemented that feature and the click on cells nearby.

I must make some tests and tomorrow, I hope to publish new version with that features.

Thanks to you !

Do you have tested Google Play integration ?

Sylvain

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Feature added :)

Hi,

Hello,

The feature is implementend is the new version 2.0. Now, when you long touch a cell it changes the cell even if you have still the finger down on the cell :).

Thanks for the idea.

Sylvain

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Feature implemented

Hello,

I implemented this feature with a simple touch on cell with number of mines marked :).

The feature is embedded in the new version 2.0 that is available on Play Store now.

Enjoy :).

Sylvain

iamelton

Feb 10, 2011
Hong Kong
OnePlus Nord
Hello,

I implemented this feature with a simple touch on cell with number of mines marked :).

The feature is embedded in the new version 2.0 that is available on Play Store now.

Enjoy :).

Sylvain

tried and loved the new version.. its a great app.. ;)

is it possible to change long-tap (to mark) to double-tap? its a bit hard to control the timing to mark and often results in bombs exploding..
and imho double-tapping and tapping in combination give a better rhythm (which is what this game is all about :p)..

sylsau

Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2011
tried and loved the new version.. its a great app.. ;)

is it possible to change long-tap (to mark) to double-tap? its a bit hard to control the timing to mark and often results in bombs exploding..
and imho double-tapping and tapping in combination give a better rhythm (which is what this game is all about :p)..

Hello,

In fact, when you long touch a cell, the counter of mines changes when the long touch has been done.

Android UI Guidelines don't recommend to use double-tap on UI because it's an unusual way to achieve action on Android and also because it slows the process of simple tap.

So, I'm going to think about it.

Sylvain.

iamelton

Feb 10, 2011
Hong Kong
OnePlus Nord
Hello,

In fact, when you long touch a cell, the counter of mines changes when the long touch has been done.

Android UI Guidelines don't recommend to use double-tap on UI because it's an unusual way to achieve action on Android and also because it slows the process of simple tap.

So, I'm going to think about it.

Sylvain.

oic.. thx for the info.. :good:

eduds

Mar 8, 2013
Hi, nice game! I remembered old times :silly:

I didn't have problems while playing it, but is that a typo inside the red box? I guess it isn't but I just want to help, so...

Attachments

• SC20131204-211604.png
    SC20131204-211604.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 71

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I make that thread to present you my new game Minesweeper available on Google Play Store here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ssaurel.minesweeper .

Application is an implementation of the classical game Minesweeper that comes with a classic blue theme remembering the app on Windows XP.

The game integrates Google Play Games letting you to share your scores overall the World across global Leaderboards and deblock Achievements when you are playing :).

A QR Code to download quickly the app from Play Store :

qrcode_200.png

You can discover Minesweeper in action in that Youtube demo video :

Here are some screenshots :

* Home Screen

main_en.png

* Beginner mode

main2_en.png

* Sign in with Google Plus account

drawer_en.png

* Game menu

menu_en.png

* Preferences screen

prefs_en.png

* Achievements

achievements_en.png

In details, features are following :

• Original blue theme
    • 4 levels of difficulties (Noob with 8 mines, Beginner with 15 mines, Intermediate with 40 mines and Expert with 99 mines)
    • Custom level to define width, height and mines like you want
    • Touch or long touch cells to reveal, flag or mark them
    • Local best times
    • Help menu to learn how to play
    • Preferences menu to customize the Minesweeper
    • Sound effects that can be enabled in preferences
    • Google Play Games integration to have more fun with the game
    • World Leaderboards
    • Achievements

Application needs only 2 permissions : Internet to display ads (a Pro version with no ads is available here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ssaurel.minesweeper.pro ) and Write to external storage to store your achievements when you are not connected on Google+ account before send to Google Play Games when you will be connected after.

Direct link to download APK from my server : http://www.ssaurel.com/minesweeper/Minesweeper.apk

A web site is also available to play online to the game and see changelog when the app will be updated : http://www.ssaurel.com/minesweeper/

It's all :). Give me your feedbacks and ideas to improve the game.

Thanks.

Sylvain
    Great idea !

Oh yes, great idea !

I had forgotten this option on the original game.

It's a good way to solve more quickly a game.

I'm going to work on it and i will publish the feature quickly :).

Thanks.
    Hi, nice game! I remembered old times :silly:

I didn't have problems while playing it, but is that a typo inside the red box? I guess it isn't but I just want to help, so...

Thanks for your message.

I think "backlit" word is not a mistake. It's a good word.

Sylvain
    It sounds like a challenge :silly:

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes :), it's a challenge !

I hope to be the first to achieve expert mode in the game :D
    I tried to play a bit but for me it is bad because there are many squares and I play in a four inch screen :(

Indeed, it's a problem. I play on Nexus 10 tablet, it's perfect so :).

I think I must find a way to improve expert mode for 4 inches screens.

When you rotate the screen, the cells are displayed larger but you need to scroll to access other cells.