Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Control, Quick Resolution Switcher, Force Lowest Hz on Screen-Off/AOD, Quick-Doze, Adaptive Mod and More)

Search This thread

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
v7.10.00 in-app update now available! :)
The latest update has some sort of memory leak. No way should it be taking up 350mb of ram. Is this normal?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210509-064748_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210509-064748_Settings.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20210509-064808_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210509-064808_Settings.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 53

tribalfs

• Mar 28, 2014
    The latest update has some sort of memory leak. No way should it be taking up 350mb of ram. Is this normal?
    v7.10.21?
    It's because of GMS services, sometimes it run in background but will go away after few seconds/minutes.
    I tested the app with memory profiler and leakcanary and cleared of leaks before releasing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210509-152724_Settings.jpg
      Screenshot_20210509-152724_Settings.jpg
      370.6 KB · Views: 50
    • Screenshot_20210509-235921_Settings.jpg
      Screenshot_20210509-235921_Settings.jpg
      366.3 KB · Views: 39
    Last edited:

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    v7.10.21?
    It's because of GMS services, sometimes it run in background but will go away after few seconds/minutes.
    I tested the app with memory profiler and leakcanary and cleared of leaks before releasing.
    Adaptive refresh rate keeps reverting to 48hz. I've just updated to the latest version and it's still doing it.

Attachments

• Screen_Recording_20210511-220435_Galaxy Max Hz.mp4
      5.8 MB · Views: 0

ad44891

Mar 29, 2010
    Emulators run slow also when enabling 48hz as minimum adaptive refresh rate.

Need a way to manually enable 60hz for some specific games. Maybe there can be some workaround this way we can enjoy full battery saving and be able to game without having to switch settings.

Set up a Bixby routine.. When playing games...run motion smoothness standard 60 hz.. Problem solved.. That's what I did.. Worked like a charm.. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Leulas

sesnut

• Jun 11, 2012
    i got a warning from play protect before installing the update today on my tablet. didnt happen on my phone

Last edited:

joloxx9joloxx9

Jul 6, 2011
    Power saving mode works. However, switching from 5g to 4g is Samsung's own additional implementation. I am still looking on how to replicate it.
    The problem I can see there is no icon of battery saver, however I can also see that AOD is disabled so hmm strange.

I have tested this app and naptime, in naptime when I turn on the screen I can see there is a battery saving icon for a second then it disappears, also naptime got a log which confirm it. Here not sure, I use it now only for screen low refresh rate.

Last question, why 48 HZ? In every review I can see, and hear that S21 Ultra got screen refresh rate 10-120. Why screen does not drop below 60 then ? Why we have to force 48 when it suppose to go down to 10 on its own?

tribalfs

• Mar 28, 2014
    The problem I can see there is no icon of battery saver, however I can also see that AOD is disabled so hmm strange.

I have tested this app and naptime, in naptime when I turn on the screen I can see there is a battery saving icon for a second then it disappears, also naptime got a log which confirm it. Here not sure, I use it now only for screen low refresh rate.
    Because turn-off AOD setting is part of default android power saving. You will actually see the battery saver icon for a split second if you unlock fast enough. Another way to confirm it is by using ADB while screen is off. Just execute the ff command:
    Code:
    adb shell settings get global low_power
    It should show 1 when PSM is enabled and 0 when not.

Last question, why 48 HZ? In every review I can see, and hear that S21 Ultra got screen refresh rate 10-120. Why screen does not drop below 60 then ? Why we have to force 48 when it suppose to go down to 10 on its own?
    Which review actually showed and confirmed that 10hz is indeed enabled and working?

Reactions: denzel09
    Well each review is saying that the screen goes down to 10hz but from what I have seen, no one managed to prove it. But unfortunately it looks like there is nothing about it on Samsung website hmm I will contact them.
    This is sort of the same gimmick OnePlus pulled with the OP9Pro's LTPO display marketing. They both claim that the display is "capable" of going from 'x' Hz to 'y' Hz but don't necessarily push them all that way down.

The other issue is the transition time between different refresh rate states. If you're browsing a static page at 1Hz and then flick your finger on the screen suddenly to start scrolling, the screen then has to go from 1Hz to the fluid 120Hz. That trasition is not instantaneous, and will lead to lag. So it's safer to keep the lowest refresh rate at a higher value than the lowest possible from the view-point of UI smoothness and performance. If you go to the OP9Pro forums (not on XDA, on the OP community site), you'll see a lot of users complain of this erratic scrolling behaviour.

Secondly, having fewer intermediate refresh rate states is easier to manage for the dispaly controller than a granular control of 1Hz (i.e. 24Hz, 48Hz, 72Hz, 96Hz, 120Hz rather than 10, 11, 12, 13, 14..... upto 120).

This is just my understanding of how variable refresh rate works, and I'm no expert so I can be mistaken. Maybe @tribalfs can add in his opinion.

Last edited:

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    This is sort of the same gimmick OnePlus pulled with the OP9Pro's LTPO display marketing. They both claim that the display is "capable" of going from 'x' Hx to 'y' Hz but don't necessarily push them all that way down.

The other issue is the transition time between different refresh rate states. If you're browsing a static page at 1Hz and then flick your finger on the screen suddenly to start scrolling, the screen then has to go from 1Hz to the fluid 120Hz. That trasition is not instantaneous, and will lead to lag. So it's safer to keep the lowest refresh rate at a higher value than the lowest possible from the view-point of UI smoothness and performance. If you go to the OP9Pro forums (not on XDA, on the OP community site), you'll see a lot of users complain of this erratic scrolling behaviour.

Secondly, having fewer intermediate refresh rate states is easier to manage for the dispaly controller than a granular control of 1Hz (i.e. 24Hz, 48Hz, 72Hz, 96Hz, 120Hz rather than 10, 11, 12, 13, 14..... upto 120).

This is just my understanding of how variable refresh rate works, and I'm no expert so I can be mistaken. Maybe @tribalfs can correct me if I'm wrong.
    It's just something Samsung mentioned during the unpacked event.

Attachments

• Screen_Recording_20210518-100006_YouTube.mp4
      12.1 MB · Views: 0
    Reactions: enigmaamit
    It's just something Samsung mentioned during the unpacked event.
    Yes, I agree with you. They said the phone will shift "between 10 and 120 Hz. So technically they're still keeping within that range. I'm just saying that I still haven't seen anyone report actually seeing that 10Hz state. False advertising? Tricky wording? I'm not sure.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Mate got a question for you, as many of us have issues with one wake lock, CameraService_worker. It trigger when you walk and only way to get rid of it is to disable sensors. Is there any chance you could make it happen in the app when screen is off? Add function for it as there is a tile from dev options but it's not perfect as it has to be done manually. Thanks
      Good suggestion. I have quick tile for sensors but maybe you could implement it in your app. Turn off when display off. Like with PSM
      Thank you for this suggestion. I'll do some research on this and check what I can do.
      Unfortunately no, that's a display calibration issue
      Mate got a question for you, as many of us have issues with one wake lock, CameraService_worker. It trigger when you walk and only way to get rid of it is to disable sensors. Is there any chance you could make it happen in the app when screen is off? Add function for it as there is a tile from dev options but it's not perfect as it has to be done manually. Thanks
      Good suggestion. I have quick tile for sensors but maybe you could implement it in your app. Turn off when display off. Like with PSM
      What's best for battery saving? 0 or 120?
      0 no maintenance window
      v7.12.00 in-app update now available :)
      - More customizable maintenance window interval for Quick-Doze Mode
      - Minor improvements
      screenshot_20210316-052014_galaxy-max-hz-jpg.5251193

About this app:
      • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates (e.g. note20 ultra, s20/S20+/S20Ultra, z fold 2, s21/s21+/s21Ultra, tab S7/S7+). This app can limit max refresh rate to 96hz (or any available refresh rate) on supported smartphones - you can save power with negligible difference on smoothness. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Switch to High: Option to use High(Fixed) motion smoothness mode on Samsung devices natively supporting Adaptive motion smoothness***

Current Samsung smartphones natively supporting adaptive refresh rates:
        • Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
        • Galaxy Z Fold 2
        • Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra

• Refresh Rate Monitor: Observe how multiple refresh rates work on your device. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***

• Quick High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: Easily switch to high or adaptive motion smoothness mode (from Standard) even on power saving mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto set power saving mode during screen-off***

Ad-Free Exclusive Features:

• Keep motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled - either manually or by the system/adaptive power saving***

• Adaptive refresh rate mod: Experimental adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the native Adaptive motion smoothness (e.g. S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+)***

• Quick-doze mod: Quick doze mode during screen-off to improve standby power consumption***

• Set minimum refresh rate for adaptive mode to 60hz or lower (if available)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Statusbar net speed indicator

• 7-day Ad-Free Trial is available. Just click "Activate Ad-free" button and activate free trial when prompted.

***these marked features require one-time ADB setup (this is not root)

Download link , FAQs and more info in original xda thread
      Thank you for this suggestion. I'll do some research on this and check what I can do.
      Unfortunately no, that's a display calibration issue
      V6.50 is up!:)

Changelogs
      v6.50

- Fixed high mode not working on some S21/N20U devices
      - Show real-time refresh rate in notification and/or overlay
      - Added some language support
      - Improve notifications
      - App power consumption improvement
      - Ad-free trial added
      - Stability and other improvements

v7.10.00 in-app update now available! :)
      v7.10
      - Custom max hz option for power saving mode
      - Automate GMH settings using Tasker plugin support. Supported actions/variables: Max Refresh Rate, Keep Motion Smoothness on PSM, Motion Smoothness Mode, Quick-doze Mod, Change Screen Resolution.
      - Some code refactoring and optimizations