Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)

Search This thread

Manos_the_Greek

Apr 11, 2005
Hello @tribalfs lfs,
@tribalfs

Unfortunately the app is no longer working on android 12 beta on s21 ultra with power saving mode on. It only goes up to 60hz when I've selected 96hz.

Ive also purchased the app.
Could you please look into it? See screenshot bellow.
I could also do some tests if you like.

Screenshot_20210922-210538_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg

Should the 48Hz min be applied when the phone supposedly goes down to 10Hz to save battery?

Love this app, especially with the screen off mods. Made me like my S21 ultra even more. Thanks OP! Purchased it as well 💪🏼
Nah it never ever goes to 10Hz. I don't know why but Samsung advertises 10Hz then just completely decides to ignore it. There is no 10Hz defined in the code itself.

Elhombree

Jan 9, 2014
Remeber that the screen is capable to go down to 10hz, as Samsung advirtized as well but in fact is that samsung has not enabled that.

Joloxx9

Jul 6, 2011
UK
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Remeber that the screen is capable to go down to 10hz, as Samsung advirtized as well but in fact is that samsung has not enabled that.
It is just marketing BS. I talked to samsung consultant which said it is not going into 10hz in all apps, then I asked so which apps supports this feature, hes response was something like "some".

Well it doesn't work simply, it is false advertisement and shame on them.

Nah it never ever goes to 10Hz. I don't know why but Samsung advertises 10Hz then just completely decides to ignore it. There is no 10Hz defined in the code itself.

It is just marketing BS. I talked to samsung consultant which said it is not going into 10hz in all apps, then I asked so which apps supports this feature, hes response was something like "some".

Well it doesn't work simply, it is false advertisement and shame on them.
The S21 Ultra behaves similar to the Note 20 Ultra, it can go all the way down to 1hz but doesnt display it to the user, basically it goes down to 1hz but unknown to the user.

Source-: https://www.anandtech.com/show/1606...fresh-rate-display-explained-vrr-note20-ultra

Quote:-
"One problem (from our perspective) with this LFD mechanism is that it is seemingly completely transparent to user-space, so there’s no good way to verify that it’s active or working - the OS simply states that you’re either in the 120Hz or 60Hz VRR modes."

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot_20220819-154703_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg
    Screenshot_20220819-154652_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg
    Screenshot_20220819-154719_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg

About this app:

Refresh Rate Mods

• Change default refresh rates
      -Easily change the overall refresh rate settings of devices supporting multiple refresh rates.
      -Set supported mid refresh rates as the maximum refresh rate limit for battery savings (e.g. 96hz instead of 120Hz).
      -Quick settings shortcut
      -tasker plugin support.

• Motion smoothness mode switcher(Normal, Adaptive or High)***
      -Set you device motion smoothness mode to stationary refresh rates (high mode) for better smoothness if so desired on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness with a little trade-off to the battery.
      -Apply adaptive mod on device that don't natively support adaptive mode [premium]
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Per-app refresh rate settings:
      Set different refresh rate settings for every app either adaptive or fixed(stationary) [premium].

• Motion smoothness on power saving mode ***
      -GMH will apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode (PSM) on supported Samsung smartphones.
      -Automatically apply workaround when PSM is enabled [premium]
      Need extra steps starting OneUI5.* except when rooted with magisk and using lsposed(experimental). Test it first

Screen-off Mods:
    • Force to Lowest Hz: Force the lowest refresh rate on screen-off or Always-On Display(AOD). This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since OneUI3.0) to improve standby power consumption a bit.
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Auto disable Autosync***

• Quick-doze mod
      -
      Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion [premium].***
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround)
      -Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked to help minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.
      -Tasker plug-in support
      - Supports up to OneUI4.* only

Others
    • Battery protection mod (Experimental)
      -Option to set maximum charge to 86%-95%(for OneUI4+)[premium]

• Quick resolution switcher
      -Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***
      -Tasker plugin support
    • Customizable refresh rate monitor
      -
      Use statusbar or overlay which you can place anywhere on screen.
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Net speed statusbar indicator

OneUI inspired UI. Dynamic theme and Icon. Manual language selection

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis (not per user).

***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery usage p is very negligible .

Info:
    This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

If google play protect will prompt during install that the app is built for older version of android and doesn't include the latest privacy protections, you can ignore it and proceed to the installation. For privacy related concern, please refer to FAQ No. 3.

Download|InstallationNotes|Changelogs
    Github wiki

Localization/Translations

Contributors
    Italian: @Orlaf
    German:devj3ns, drbeat
    Russian: @a43
    Swedish:Steffe2
    Turkish: osmanakar312
    Greek: Nick
    Spanish: @Sebastiansm
    Czech: @Chrono Leggionaire
    Simplified Chinese: @xiaolu7233123
    French: @Jaxom84
    Polish: @Pichulec
    If you want to contribute on translations, please send me a message

If you want to get GMH Premium features and/or support GMH development but paypal is not available in your place, you can use Google Play Store.
    Just download GMH Donation app from Google Play Store.

Note: The price might be slightly higher due to the relatively higher tax imposed on play store.
    Mate got a question for you, as many of us have issues with one wake lock, CameraService_worker. It trigger when you walk and only way to get rid of it is to disable sensors. Is there any chance you could make it happen in the app when screen is off? Add function for it as there is a tile from dev options but it's not perfect as it has to be done manually. Thanks
    Good suggestion. I have quick tile for sensors but maybe you could implement it in your app. Turn off when display off. Like with PSM
    Thank you for this suggestion. I'll do some research on this and check what I can do.
    v7.14.18 in-ap update:
    -Fixed bugs on OneUi4.0: brightness threshold for adaptive mod bug, netspeed indicator bug
    -Fixed bug on minimum hz tile and minimum hz tile tasker command
    Unfortunately no, that's a display calibration issue
    Mate got a question for you, as many of us have issues with one wake lock, CameraService_worker. It trigger when you walk and only way to get rid of it is to disable sensors. Is there any chance you could make it happen in the app when screen is off? Add function for it as there is a tile from dev options but it's not perfect as it has to be done manually. Thanks
    v7.14.00_beta now available
    Added auto SENSORS OFF experimental feature (no root needed).

1628178654581-jpeg.5378827