[App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Control, Quick Resolution Switcher, Force Lowest Refresh Rate on Screen-Off, Adaptive Mod for S20 series and More)

Search This thread

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
v6.62.50 is now up! :)
- Improvements of adaptive mod behavior on expanded notification panel - more responsive and fixed stuck min hz when media player widget is present
- Delay for minimum Hz can now be adjusted for devices not natively supporting adaptive mode.
-Significantly reduced aggessively delayed app notifications when applying Quick Power-Doze Mod
(reset the toggle switch after this update)

Last edited:
Reactions: pnb and 1jkan

pham_dang

Jul 19, 2017
v6.62.50 is now up! :)
- Improvements of adaptive mod behavior on expanded notification panel - more responsive and fixed stuck min hz when media player widget is present
- Delay for minimum Hz can now be adjusted for devices not natively supporting adaptive mode.
-Significantly reduced aggessively delayed app notifications when applying Quick Power-Doze Mod
(reset the toggle switch after this update)
Updated and no problem so far. Quick question, whats the delay in natively supported devices (2 or 3s?)

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
v6.63.00 is now up! :)
- Quick power-doze mod adjustments for more power saving on idle. There are now two options available: Moderate and Aggressive
- Adaptive mod improvements - fixed behavior in Samsung notes and when using instagram voice note
- Added option to hide Net Speed in the app's main screen to those who don't need it.

Reactions: 1jkan

adddy2

May 12, 2010
hi, i installed your app, update it, clear cache and the run adb + trial.
so far it switched from 60 to 120 (unfortunatelly not to 48hz, ich have S20 4g with UI3.1).
i enabled also the "aggressive" power down for lockscreen.

problem: as soon it was back to normal screen from lockscreen, the internet does not work, both WLAN and 4G.
remark: for a moment after unlock the energy safing icon appears then disapears.

can you have a look., thanks
adddy2

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
hi, i installed your app, update it, clear cache and the run adb + trial.
so far it switched from 60 to 120 (unfortunatelly not to 48hz, ich have S20 4g with UI3.1).
i enabled also the "aggressive" power down for lockscreen.

problem: as soon it was back to normal screen from lockscreen, the internet does not work, both WLAN and 4G.
remark: for a moment after unlock the energy safing icon appears then disapears.

can you have a look., thanks
adddy2
48hz was removed by samsung in one ui 3.1 in S20 series.
The power saving behavior is as intended - it will restore the power mode you set, after ~5secs on screen on.

Reactions: 1jkan

adddy2

May 12, 2010
thanks,
i know it regarding the 48Hz.

my issue was more about the "no internet" also after waiting more than 5sec after coming from lockscreen (and also the energy safing icon disapear).
can you check it? or is it becuse of quick power doze mode ?

after uninstall your app the internet works again.

thanks!

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
thanks,
i know it regarding the 48Hz.

my issue was more about the "no internet" also after waiting more than 5sec after coming from lockscreen (and also the energy safing icon disapear).
can you check it? or is it becuse of quick power doze mode ?

after uninstall your app the internet works again.

thanks!
As mentioned, power saving is turned off after ~5secs screen-on if it was originally off on screen-on.
Regarding the internet, I didn't experience it. But will check if I can reproduce.

Reactions: 1jkan and adddy2

pnb

Dec 13, 2013
Semarang
I have set the whatsapp refresh rate to 120 using a dynamic display, while in the Gal Max app I set the locked FHD at 60Hz. Everything was according to my expectations, until I pressed the task manager button in the navigation bar, and returned to WhatsApp, it turned out that the WhatsApp refresh rate had changed to 60Hz (my hope was still 120Hz). Then I pressed the back button (the active screen is still on whatsapp), opened whatsapp again, and the refresh rate returned to 120hz. Has anyone experienced anything like me?

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
I have set the whatsapp refresh rate to 120 using a dynamic display, while in the Gal Max app I set the locked FHD at 60Hz. Everything was according to my expectations, until I pressed the task manager button in the navigation bar, and returned to WhatsApp, it turned out that the WhatsApp refresh rate had changed to 60Hz (my hope was still 120Hz). Then I pressed the back button (the active screen is still on whatsapp), opened whatsapp again, and the refresh rate returned to 120hz. Has anyone experienced anything like me?
It's an intermittent bug on dynamic display after briefly checking recent tasks or when returning from recent tasks.

Reactions: pnb

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Hi, I have bought the app, but didn't received any code to activate it. Please could you send me the code?
Please provide description of item in paypal which include device id number.
Update: I noted that there's an automated confirmation email that bounced back. Probably this is for you.
I sent the details to your DM.
1615536092203.png

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It says 6.63.60 here, is that correct 😁 ?
    Newer update! :)
    In CQHD+ the part the pixels do not occupy the entire screen, there is a black margin in the upper part. Is that so ??

I updated the CQHD+ resolution in my server to 3180x1431 with aspect ratio similar to native one - this should eliminate the black margin.

Just load the profile from my server by clearing the app's data and opening the app while connected to the internet.

Update: Some S20 series users reported that high/adaptive on this resolution is not working on their device. If you have a similar case, pls let me know together with your device model number.
    Hi, is it possible to set games in adaptive to not change the refresh rate? Cause when I'm playing at 96hz then it goes down to 60 when no touching
    Yes with Bixby routine but if there's adaptativ 60/96 in GMH, it's not possible to get 120hz (limited and stayed at 96)
    Hi, is it possible to set games in adaptive to not change the refresh rate? Cause when I'm playing at 96hz then it goes down to 60 when no touching
    In games, the app is already configured to apply fixed refresh rate. However, based on my test, only few games are compatible to 96hz - many are either 120hz or 60hz. More info on this the FAQs. To report bug, kindly include details as indicated in bug reporting section in the opening page. Thank you.

Edit: I can confirm the bug when using the in-app refresh rate meter overlay while playing games. I will post update soon to fix this soon. For the meantime, just disable the in-app refresh rate overlay.
    screenshot_20210316-052014_galaxy-max-hz-jpg.5251193

About this app:
    • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates (e.g. note20 ultra, s20/S20+/S20Ultra, z fold 2, s21/s21+/s21Ultra, tab S7/S7+). This app can limit max refresh rate to 96hz (or any available refresh rate) on supported smartphones - you can save power with negligible difference on smoothness. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Switch to High: Option to use High(Fixed) motion smoothness mode on Samsung devices natively supporting Adaptive motion smoothness***

Current Samsung smartphones natively supporting adaptive refresh rates:
      • Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
      • Galaxy Z Fold 2
      • Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra

• Refresh Rate Monitor: Observe how multiple refresh rates work on your device. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***

• Quick High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: Easily switch to high or adaptive motion smoothness mode (from Standard) even on power saving mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto set power saving mode during screen-off***

Ad-Free Exclusive Features:

• Keep motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled - either manually or by the system/adaptive power saving***

• Adaptive refresh rate mod: Experimental adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the native Adaptive motion smoothness (e.g. S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+)***

• Quick-doze mod: Quick doze mode during screen-off to improve standby power consumption***

• Set minimum refresh rate for adaptive mode to 60hz or lower (if available)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Statusbar net speed indicator

• 7-day Ad-Free Trial is available. Just click "Activate Ad-free" button and activate free trial when prompted.
    ***these marked features require one-time ADB setup (this is not root)

Download link, FAQs and more info in original xda thread.

Questions and Bug Reports:

Feel free to ask questions relevant to this app here should your question is not addressed in FAQs above.

For suspected bugs, you can send me a direct message or post it here. Read the FAQs also to check if it is an intended/expected behavior or not. Also check if the latest version is already installed in your device. Please include your device model number, OS version, app version and the steps to reproduce the bug. If possible, attach screen recording* or screenshots. This can be very helpful to me in answering your question or in reproducing and resolving the bug faster.

*You can use this screen recording app capable of recording high refresh rates
    But I am working on working around this limitation. :)
    Update: After spending some hours of research and tests, I think I now have a workaround to mimic adaptive refresh rate behavior for devices with high refresh rates like S20s. Not 100% perfect but seems working well.
    Currently only N20ultra, TabS7 and S21 series have adaptive refresh rates.
    But I am working on working around this limitation. :)
    v6.62.25 now up! :)
    - Fixed crash when opening some apps in Secured Folder
    - Minor improvements on adaptive mod
    v6.62.10 changes:
    - Fixed intermittent bug on restoring power mode settings on screen-on when using quick power-doze mod

I am getting crashes after latest update. Mostly when I switch between normal apps and apps in secure folder. The app has stopped and it closes.
    Now that I did the thing with the adb I have the same problem. Small screen flash when the rate changes.
    Yes, because you are in adaptive mode now. Adaptive is working but not the high mode. I will push an update to fix this soon.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone