[App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods and More)

Search This thread

pnb

Dec 13, 2013
Semarang
v6.64.00 is up! :)
- Added option to keep motion smoothness on power saving mode - either enabled manually or by the system/adaptive power saving
The last setting is qhd adaptive refresh rate max to 120hz, shutdown, once the cellphone turns on, gal max does not respond, until I set it back, then it responds again, does it have to be like that? Gal max 6.64.00

alejim

Sep 1, 2013
In CQHD+ the part the pixels do not occupy the entire screen, there is a black margin in the upper part. Is that so ??

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
In CQHD+ the part the pixels do not occupy the entire screen, there is a black margin in the upper part. Is that so ??

I updated the CQHD+ resolution in my server to 3180x1431 with aspect ratio similar to native one - this should eliminate the black margin.

Just load the profile from my server by clearing the app's data and opening the app while connected to the internet.

Update: Some S20 series users reported that high/adaptive on this resolution is not working on their device. If you have a similar case, pls let me know together with your device model number.

Last edited:
Reactions: juliheavy

Theo1218

Nov 4, 2015
Hi, is it possible to set games in adaptive to not change the refresh rate? Cause when I'm playing at 96hz then it goes down to 60 when no touching

Reactions: tribalfs

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Hi, is it possible to set games in adaptive to not change the refresh rate? Cause when I'm playing at 96hz then it goes down to 60 when no touching
In games, the app is already configured to apply fixed refresh rate. However, based on my test, only few games are compatible to 96hz - many are either 120hz or 60hz. More info on this the FAQs. To report bug, kindly include details as indicated in bug reporting section in the opening page. Thank you.

Edit: I can confirm the bug when using the in-app refresh rate meter overlay while playing games. I will post update soon to fix this soon. For the meantime, just disable the in-app refresh rate overlay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Theo1218

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
SM-G986B since beginning of the app for me worked perfect, but now this frozen hzs... happen randomly in all resolutions
I think this doesn't because resolution...
I will take a look. Please note though that fixed refresh rates are intended for games and some certain apps. Please see more details on this in the FAQs.
If this behavior is not the same as described in the FAQs, please provide some details on how to reproduce the bug (e.g. the apps where this is happening). A screen recording if possible will be very helpful (using this app which is capable of screen recording high refresh rates).
Thank you.

pnb

Dec 13, 2013
Semarang
I updated the CQHD+ resolution in my server to 3180x1431 with aspect ratio similar to native one - this should eliminate the black margin.

Just load the profile from my server by clearing the app's data and opening the app while connected to the internet.

Update: Some S20 series users reported that high/adaptive on this resolution is not working on their device. If you have a similar case, pls let me know together with your device model number.
Hello Dev, every time I set it to qhd + with max adaptive refresh rate at 120hz, and then restart it, the adaptive refresh rate stays at 60 hz, in the app the adaptive max refresh rate still says 102hz, but it doesn't work. Everything returns to normal if I change the adaptive mode first. For settings other than qhd + there are no problems after restarting. Is that so?

alejim

Sep 1, 2013
Actualicé la resolución CQHD + en mi servidor a 3180x1431 con una relación de aspecto similar a la nativa; esto debería eliminar el margen negro.

Simplemente cargue el perfil de mi servidor borrando los datos de la aplicación y abriéndola mientras está conectado a Internet.

Actualización: algunos usuarios de la serie S20 informaron que alta / adaptativa en esta resolución no funciona en su dispositivo. Si tiene un caso similar, hágamelo saber junto con el número de modelo de su dispositivo.
GRACIAS!!

Reactions: tribalfs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    screenshot_20220819-154719_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689911
    screenshot_20220819-154703_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689913
    screenshot_20220819-154652_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689915

About this app:

Refresh Rate Mods

• Change default refresh rates
      -Easily change the overall refresh rate settings of devices supporting multiple refresh rates.
      -Set supported mid refresh rates as the maximum refresh rate limit for battery savings (e.g. 96hz instead of 120Hz).
      -Quick settings shortcut
      -tasker plugin support.

• Motion smoothness mode switcher(Normal, Adaptive or High)***
      -Apply adaptive mod on device that don't natively support adaptive mode [premium]
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Per-app refresh rate settings:
      Set different refresh rate settings for every app either adaptive or fixed(stationary) [premium].

• Motion smoothness on power saving mode (not working to all devices with OneUI4.**+, test first). ***
      -GMH will apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode (PSM) on supported Samsung smartphones.
      -Automatically apply workaround when PSM is enabled [premium]
      Need extra steps starting OneUI5.* except when rooted with magisk and using lsposed. Test it first.

Screen-off Mods:
    • Force to Lowest Hz: Force the lowest refresh rate on screen-off or Always-On Display(AOD). This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since OneUI3.0) to improve standby power consumption a bit.
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Auto disable Autosync***

• Quick-doze mod
      -
      Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion [premium].***
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround)
      -Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked to help minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.
      -Tasker plug-in support
    Others
    • Battery protection mod (Experimental)
      -Option to set maximum charge to 86%-95%(for OneUI4+)[premium]

• Quick resolution switcher
      -Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***
      -Tasker plugin support
      Caution!! Be careful on applying CQHD+ on S20 series with OneUI4.* - it causes the UI to shrink after reboot or long sleep that causes difficulty on entering the lockscreen.

• Customizable refresh rate monitor
      -
      Use statusbar or overlay which you can place anywhere on screen.
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Net speed statusbar indicator
    OneUI inspired UI. Dynamic theme and Icon. Manual language selection

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis (not per user).

***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery usage p is very negligible .

Info:
    This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

If google play protect will prompt during install that the app is built for older version of android and doesn't include the latest privacy protections, you can ignore it and proceed to the installation. For privacy related concern, please refer to FAQ No. 3.

Download and changelogs
    Github wiki (Please read specially before asking questions or reporting bugs)

v7.14.17 in-app update now available
    -Auto sensors off workaround for OneUI4.0
    -Fixed bug: setting min hz for adaptive (%lhz) usingTasker not working
    -Fixed bug: unable to turn off accessibility when no feature requiring such is enabled
    -experimental workaround for enabling Adaptive/High refresh rate on PSM on OneUI4.0 (may not work on some)
    - other stability fixes
    But I am working on working around this limitation. :)
    Update: After spending some hours of research and tests, I think I now have a workaround to mimic adaptive refresh rate behavior for devices with high refresh rates like S20s. Not 100% perfect but seems working well.
    v6.62.25 now up! :)
    - Fixed crash when opening some apps in Secured Folder
    - Minor improvements on adaptive mod
    v6.62.10 changes:
    - Fixed intermittent bug on restoring power mode settings on screen-on when using quick power-doze mod

I am getting crashes after latest update. Mostly when I switch between normal apps and apps in secure folder. The app has stopped and it closes.
    Now that I did the thing with the adb I have the same problem. Small screen flash when the rate changes.
    Yes, because you are in adaptive mode now. Adaptive is working but not the high mode. I will push an update to fix this soon.