Search This thread

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Hello everyone!
v6.62.00 is up. :)

- Fixed bug on refresh rate profiles not properly loading on some devices. Known profiles are now being loaded from the server if connected to internet or locally from profiles included in the apk - upon first opening the app or after clear data.
- Adaptive mod improvements for games and video payback
- Other bug fixes
Clearing app data is highly recommended after this update

Thank you. I'll take a deeper look into this case.

Hi dev, I've tried the mod trial for a couple of days and recently bought the ad free ver to support your cause. So far so good.

Just a couple of quick questions if ya don't mind, (sorry if I sound stupid, I'm still new to these kind of stuff)

1. The refresh rate indicator on status bar is currently persistent on the left side. Is it possible to switch the position to the middle or right side of the status bar?

2. S20 FE currently only supports adaptive refresh between 60 and 120hz. Will there be a 96hz adaptive mod down the road or is it a hardware limitation?

3. When using adaptive refresh on my S20 FE, I noticed that no matter which game I launch, it defaults to the lowest 60hz even if the game supports 120hz. Is it normal or is there some kind of tweak I need to make?

Thanks!
Thank you mate.
1. Unfortunately only system apps are allowed in the right status bar.
2. There's no 96hz in S20 FE. It needs to be enabled in the system by Samsung.
3. Improvement was made in v6.62 to address this issue. It should now follow the games own refresh rate settings.

Last edited:

theant3003

Feb 28, 2021
I'm loving this app so far, but I've ran into a couple of issues.

1. Any version newer than 6.60 will crash samsung pay after the app is given the adb permission, and only after.

2.I can't get the app to go into adaptive mode anymore, I can manualy cycle through the resolutions with no issue. (I did do the adb setup)
Screenshot_20210228-175134_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg

Last edited:

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
I'm loving this app so far, but I've ran into a couple of issues.

1. Any version newer than 6.60 will crash samsung pay

2.I can't get the app to go into adaptive mode anymore, I can manualy cycle through the resolutions with no issue. (I did do the adb setup)View attachment 5236023
1. I am not sure yet how my app cause this - maybe due to conflict on intercepting touches(?)
2. You need to activate ad-free again, mate

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Hello everyone!
v6.62.00 is up. :)

- Fixed bug on refresh rate profiles not properly loading on some devices. Known profiles are now being loaded from the server if connected to internet or locally from profiles included in the apk - upon first opening the app or after clear data.
- Adaptive mod improvements for games and video payback
- Other bug fixes
Clearing app data is highly recommended after this update
For N20U owners who want to have the 3087x1439 resolution @ 120hz/97hz be included in the resolution and refresh rate profiles, just load the profile from my server (i.e. clear app data and open the app while connected to the internet). I find it useful in watching videos in youtube app - shows more options higher than 1080p.
Screenshot_20210301-082144_Galaxy Max Hz.png
Screenshot_20210301-082157_YouTube.png

Is it possible to add 96 and 120hz support for WQHD in paid version?
I have checked and it's possible.

Note 20U N986B Exynos, One UI 3.1 just updated to latest version (DUB6 version). The app crashes as I open it right after the "old SDK target" warning. I wasn't using the app before the update to One. UI 3.1. My display is set to 3087x1439 resolution via ADB in order to use both QHD and 120hz.
It's now supported. See above.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210301-081823_Galaxy Max Hz.png
    Screenshot_20210301-081823_Galaxy Max Hz.png
    262 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20210301-082004_YouTube.png
    Screenshot_20210301-082004_YouTube.png
    754.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Odinly

Mar 1, 2021
Great App, thanks

Now about the latest 6.62 on my S20+ Exynos after i cleaned the data as sugested and setting has Adaptive

1. The 48hz appears again as option (the 6.61 didn't) but if i select it the Hz never drops from 120hz. If i set the min to 60hz it works normally

2. The 3 dots menu is blank but if i click anywhere on it it triggers the options

---

Now 2 questions if possible

1. Is it possible to make a option to configure the delay for the transition from higher hz to low? seems about 2-3s. Using some apps like Flipboard flipping the pages many times gives the sloppy animation because on some moments that flip he drops to lowest hz

2. Your Power-Doze mod, does it do the same has Naptime app?

Again thank you :)

Edit: As the poster below, can confirm that screen off remains at 120hz

Last edited:

kvskmcafee

Jan 16, 2015
With 6.62, screen off mod doesn't seem to be working. It is always stuck at 120 Hz. App data cleared after installation. Still no luck.

danielad200

May 15, 2012
Its looks like there is no more 48Hz option after the new update..set to 48hz given 120hz in adaptive refresh rate..allready made clear data still the same

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210301-053503_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    Screenshot_20210301-053503_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 14

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Great App, thanks

Now about the latest 6.62 on my S20+ Exynos after i cleaned the data as sugested and setting has Adaptive

1. The 48hz appears again as option (the 6.61 didn't) but if i select it the Hz never drops from 120hz. If i set the min to 60hz it works normally

2. The 3 dots menu is blank but if i click anywhere on it it triggers the options

---

1. Is it possible to make a option to configure the delay for the transition from higher hz to low? seems about 2-3s. Using some apps like Flipboard flipping the pages many times gives the sloppy animation because on some moments that flip he drops to lowest hz

Its looks like there is no more 48Hz option after the new update..set to 48hz given 120hz in adaptive refresh rate..allready made clear data still the same
I need to switch off force lowest Hz and set min refresh rate to 60 Hz to make it work!
What specific model? Need to remove the 48hz in the profile. 48hz must not be supporter on your device. Need to know so i can modify the profile.

Last edited:

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Great App, thanks

---

1. What device model? Need to modify the refresh rates profile in my server so your device can load it again.
2. Seems an issue on light theme. It will be visible in night theme.
3. I checked naptime, almost the same but not exactly.

kvskmcafee

Jan 16, 2015
If I have put my device in power save mode already, every time I unlock the phone, app is turning off the power save mode. It shouldn't switch off power save mode if it is already enabled.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I purchased it again
    Hi I get invalid action code after I did rom update from decrypted to encrypted.
    I tried my google transaction ID
    Still not working
    Thanks guys love the app 👍👍
    Please send me your google play order number. I'll refund you if it's the same device. Thank you.
    Please send me your google play order number. I'll refund you if it's the same device. Thank you.
    All good mate 👍👍 donation.👍👍
    Yeah it's same device.
    Maybe next time if I have trouble👍
    Thanks so much for your reply.
    Love the app keep up the awesome work
    Working great on S24U
    Hey man I really appreciate your work, I actually have the donation version.

Is there any way you can implement percentages lower than 80% for battery protection charge limit?
    Thanks.

Unfortunately, it's only possible on rooted Samsung device. It's actually already implemented.
    View attachment 5689911View attachment 5689913View attachment 5689915

About this app:

Refresh Rate Mods
    • Change default refresh rates
      -Easily change the overall refresh rate settings of devices supporting multiple refresh rates.
      -Set supported mid refresh rates as the maximum refresh rate limit for battery savings (e.g. 96hz instead of 120Hz).
      -Quick settings shortcut
      -tasker plugin support.

• Motion smoothness mode switcher(Normal, Adaptive or High)***
      -Set you device motion smoothness mode to stationary refresh rates (high mode) for better smoothness if so desired on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness with a little trade-off to the battery.
      -Apply adaptive mod on device that don't natively support adaptive mode [premium]
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Per-app refresh rate settings:
      Set different refresh rate settings for every app either adaptive or fixed(stationary) [premium].

• Motion smoothness on power saving mode (not working to all devices with OneUI4.**+, test first). ***
      -GMH will apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode (PSM) on supported Samsung smartphones.
      -Automatically apply workaround when PSM is enabled [premium]
    Need extra steps on Note20U starting OneUI4.* except when rooted with magisk and using lsposed. Test it first
    Screen-off Mods:
    • Force to Lowest Hz: Force the lowest refresh rate on screen-off or Always-On Display(AOD). This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since OneUI3.0) to improve standby power consumption a bit.
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Auto disable Autosync***

• Quick-doze mod
      -
      Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion [premium].***
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround)
      -Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked to help minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.
      -Tasker plug-in support

- Supports up to OneUI4.1 only (api blocked in OneUI5)

Others
    • Battery protection mod (Experimental)
      -Option to set maximum charge to 86%-95%(for OneUI4+)[premium]

• Quick resolution switcher
      -Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***
      -Tasker plugin support

Caution!! Be careful on applying CQHD+ on Note20Ultra with OneUI4.* - it causes the UI to shrink after reboot or long sleep that causes difficulty on entering the lockscreen.

• Customizable refresh rate monitor
      -
      Use statusbar or overlay which you can place anywhere on screen.
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Net speed statusbar indicator

OneUI inspired UI. Dynamic theme and Icon. Manual language selection

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis (not per user).

***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery usage p is very negligible .[/TD]

Info:
    This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

If google play protect will prompt during install that the app is built for older version of android and doesn't include the latest privacy protections, you can ignore it and proceed to the installation. For privacy related concern, please refer to FAQ No. 3.

Download|InstallationNotes|Changelogs

CAUTION!!! SOMEONE IS TRYING TO TAMPER THIS APP AND FILL IT WITH TROJAN. DON'T DOWNLOAD ELSEWHERE
    Github wiki (Please read before posting questions)

Localization/Translations

Contributors
    Italian: @Orlaf
    German:devj3ns, drbeat
    Russian: @a43
    Swedish:Steffe2
    Turkish: osmanakar312
    Greek: Nick
    Spanish: @Sebastiansm
    Czech: Chrono Leggionaire
    Simplified Chinese: xiaolu7233123
    French: Jaxom84
    Polish: Pichulec
    Korean: chicking86, 최운택
    Lithuanian: @Klaudas
    If you want to contribute on translations, please send me a message.

Changelogs:

Try to clear data of this app if you encounter issues after update.
    Please report any bug that persist. Thank you.

Please check here for the latest changelogs

Previous changelogs (old app)

v5.40
    - Fixed landscape orientation layout bug and other layout improvements
    - Added support for Note 20 Ultra Non-5G models (all features)

v5.26
    - Fixed disabled "High/Fixed Motion Smoothness Mode" switcher on Galaxy Z Fold 2. You should be able to use this function now in Z Fold 2.
    - Fixed force close bug on Galaxy Z Fold 2
    -Fixed missing resolution label for Galaxy S20 series
    - Other code clean up

v5.20
    - Qs tiles for refresh rate control and resolution switcher now have dynamic icons. Better visibility for partially expanded notification panel.
    - Added high/fixed refresh rate mode/option for Galaxy Note20 Ultra and Z Fold2. If enabled, the device will be set to 'High Motion Smoothness' mode and refresh rates will behave like the Galaxy S20 series.

v5.00
    - Added support for Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra and S20FE. Resolution switcher is not applicable to S20 FE.
    - Renamed app to Galaxy Max Hz

v4.00
    -Added 'Resolution - Motion Smoothness Mode' switcher (button and qs tile). Switch resolution and motion smoothness mode anytime even on medium power saving mode. This specific function requires ADB.

v3.00
    - Changed overlay display FPS to screen refresh rate (Hz)
    - Refresh rate monitor now switches color to red if 60hz or below and to green if above 60hz
    - Added toggle switch for refresh rate monitor on app's home screen

v2.00
    - The 3-way toggle button and quick settings (qs) tile are now aware if the current Motion Smoothness mode is set to Adaptive or not. If not, they will show 'Standard' and will open the display settings when clicked
    - The switch for the FPS monitor overlay is moved to a new qs tile. You can now turn the FPS monitor ON/OFF anywhere without opening the app.
    - Changed text color of fps monitor from red to green. Green color has the longest lifespan in amoled, so lesser chance of amoled burn.

v1.00 Initial release

If you want to get GMH Premium features and/or support GMH development but paypal is not available in your place, you can use Google Play Store.
    Just download GMH Donation app from Google Play Store.

Note: The price might be slightly higher due to the relatively higher tax imposed on play store.
    Apologies for being inactive in the past weeks due to some medical/family reasons.
    I will still be inactive in the next 1 or 2 weeks.
    Thank you for understanding.
    GMH_v7.14.16 in-app update now available:
    -fixed bug: unable to turn off accessibility when no feature requiring such is enabled
    -experimental workaround for enabling Adaptive/High refresh rate on PSM on OneUi4.0
    -other bug fixes
    v7.12.20 in-app update is now available. :)
    - Fixed intermittent bugs:
    - Power saving mode on screen-off: PSM not turning off back on screen on.
    - Turn-off autosync on screen off: autosync not turning on back on screen on