[App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)

Search This thread

minhgurluver

Jun 19, 2010
For some reason, the option to have the lowest refresh rate at 48 HZ disappeared for my S21. It's always there until I updated the version of the app. Do you know how to get it back?
S21 Galaxy Max Hz.jpeg

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Hi! Pls. check update on the app now. v6.61 now up. See changes below. :)
Changelogs
v6.61

- Improvements on adaptive mod behavior for multi-refresh rates devices not natively supporting adaptive refresh rates (fixed issues on prolonged scroll, mouse scroll, not working on settings, etc.)
- Set minimum refresh rate for adaptive mode to 60hz or lower (if available)
- Net speed indicator now autohides when not connected to internet
- More optimizations
- Other improvements and bug fixes

Reactions: russellcausier

russellcausier

Jun 28, 2015
@tribalfs It mainly stays 120/48 but still is sometimes going back to 60hz then after a while going back to 48hz,just so you know incase you sort it in further upgrades,thanks

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Hello everyone.

v6.61.10 build is now up - should fix bug on refresh rate profiles not properly loading introduced in v6.61.0*.

- Fixed bug on refresh rate profiles not properly loading(bug inroduced in v6.61)
Clearing app data is highly recommended after this update

russellcausier

Jun 28, 2015
Hello everyone.

v6.61.10 build is now up - should fix bug on refresh rate profiles not properly loading introduced in v6.61.0*.

- Fixed bug on refresh rate profiles not properly loading(bug inroduced in v6.61)
I've updated to the latest and cleared data like it says,now it's back to 120/60 no 48hz?Where's the option gone to go lower to 48hz please?@tribalfs

russellcausier

Jun 28, 2015
I've deleted it recently and battery life seems better without it for me!deleted it because the latest version no longer went from 120 96hz to 48hz with screen on only 48hz again with screen off,not sure why!@adamlee2012 are you on the latest version and do you still have the 120/48hz screen on option?

naudmick

Jan 26, 2012
Reims
forum.frandroid.com
That's odd as that was working for me but updated the app and cleared the data like tribalfs suggested and went back to 120/ 60hz

I have the same behavior on my galaxy S21 exynos and my Tab S7, both remain with a lower rate of 60hz, so I removed this application. Besides, I didn't notice any improvement in the battery, so in the end this application is useless.

russellcausier

Jun 28, 2015
I have the same behavior on my galaxy S21 exynos and my Tab S7, both remain with a lower rate of 60hz, so I removed this application. Besides, I didn't notice any improvement in the battery, so in the end this application is useless.
Yeah we got an update which finally brought the adaptive to screen on 120hz 48hz which was great then it said to update not long after and that option disappeared 🤔 so it's like trying to get back to the version one before this latest one but no response from @tribalfs

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Yeah we got an update which finally brought the adaptive to screen on 120hz 48hz which was great then it said to update not long after and that option disappeared 🤔 so it's like trying to get back to the version one before this latest one but no response from @tribalfs
Apologies on what happened. I will be uploading an update in an hour to fix this.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Hello everyone!
v6.62.00 is up. :)

- Fixed bug on refresh rate profiles not properly loading on some devices. Known profiles are now being loaded from the server if connected to internet or locally from profiles included in the apk - upon first opening the app or after clear data. Should restore the 48hz on S21/+/Ultra device
- Adaptive mod improvements for games and video payback
- Other bug fixes

russellcausier

Jun 28, 2015
Hello everyone!
v6.62.00 is up. :)

- Fixed bug on refresh rate profiles not properly loading on some devices. Known profiles are now being loaded from the server if connected to internet or locally from profiles included in the apk - upon first opening the app or after clear data. Should restore the 48hz on S21/+/Ultra device
- Adaptive mod improvements for games and video payback
- Other bug fixes
Still not working for me,and don't get those options that was there before to do adaptive 48hz?cheers

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
v6.62.25 now up! :)
- Fixed crash when opening some apps in Secure Folder
- Minor improvements on adaptive mod
v6.62.10 changes:
- Fixed intermittent bug on restoring power mode settings on screen-on when using quick power-doze mod

Still not working for me,and don't get those options that was there before to do adaptive 48hz?cheers
What is your device model number mate?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    216784718-83153bf4-9a8f-4dec-8e67-3c922ed803fe.png
    216784714-c7182db7-6b6c-43c8-bf1b-66b15247ec4e.png
    216784711-233fd3ba-5011-4a0f-b1f7-829018660dcd.png

About this app:

Refresh Rate Mods
    • Change default refresh rates
      - Easily change the overall refresh rate settings of devices supporting multiple refresh rates.
      - Set supported mid refresh rates as the maximum refresh rate limit for battery savings
      - Set separate refresh rates for power saving mode and for low battery state [1]
      - Quick settings shortcut
      - Tasker plugin support

• Refresh rate (motion smoothness) mode switcher(Normal, Adaptive or High)[2]
      - Set you device motion smoothness mode to static refresh rates (high mode) for better smoothness if so desired
      - Tasker plugin support

• Per-app refresh rate settings:
      -Set different refresh rate settings for every app either adaptive or static [1]

• Keep selected refresh rate mode on power saving mode[1]
      - On devices with One4 or lower, GMH will automatically apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limit on Power Saving Mode.
      - Need extra steps on OneUI5.* except when using magisk and lsposed(experimental). Test it first

Screen-off Mods:
    • Screen off/AOD refresh rate (Force to Lowest Hz)
      - Force the lowest refresh rate on screen-off or Always-On Display(AOD)
      - Tasker plugin support
      - Select custom refresh rate for AOD/screen-off [1]

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off [2]

• Auto disable Autosync

• Quick-doze mod
      - Quickly enter doze mode (than usual) during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion with customizable maintenance window interval [1][2]
      - Tasker plugin support

• Auto SENSORS OFF (non-root workaround)
      - Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked to help minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used [premium]
      - Tasker plug-in support
      - Supports up to OneUI4.* only

Others
    • Battery protection mod
      - Option to set maximum charge to 86%-95%(for OneUI4+) [1][2]

• Quick resolution switcher
      - Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile[2]
      - Tasker plugin support

• Customizable refresh rate monitor
      -
      Use statusbar or overlay which you can place anywhere on screen.
      - Tasker plugin support

• Animation mod
    • Net speed statusbar indicator

OneUI inspired UI.

[1] Enabled for premium users (with 2 days premium trial)
    [2] These features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)[/TD]

Info:
    This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog. If google play protect prompts during install that the app is built for older version of android and doesn't include the latest privacy protections, you can ignore it and proceed to the installation. For privacy related concern, please refer to FAQ No. 3.

Important Notes for OneUI5.1.1 and higher :
    You also need to "Allow restricted settings" to the app:
    Open Settings > Apps > Galaxy MaxHz > Click top right menu and Allow restricted settings

Important Notes for OneUI6.0 (Android14) :
    Starting OneUI6.0, installing the app on OneUi6.0 requires doing it via ADB using this command:
    Code:
    adb install --bypass-low-target-sdk-block galaxy_max_hz_v8.1.apk
    *The apk file should be inside the adb installation folder OR replace the file path in the command.

Download and changelogs
    Github wiki
    Hello, with the new update, my s21 dont go to 96 in adaptative, only go 120 to 60 to 48, con i fix that ? Thanks
    Same here, any fix? Thnaks @tribalfs
    On my S21 in the adaptive mode, it can go up as high as 60Hz but it can go down to 48hz. I have to set a HIGH profile and set it to 96, but then it does not drop to 48Hz. So do I have to buy a premium for that feature?

https://ibb.co/ygC5v9d
    In certain low brightness condition, the system prevents it to go 96Hz on S21. Samsung seems to have increased the brightness threshold for 96Hz in OneUI4.1. Unfortunately, GMH can't override this behavior. It reportedly works on power saving on lower brightness though as reported by @sideger below.

I'm here to confirm this is happening to me also. I can only have 96hz on PSM and only at certain brightness of about 45%.

I do hope it goes back to before where I can set around 20% ish brightness and still have 96hz.
    v6.64.10 is up! :)
    - Fixed intermittent bug of freezing refresh rate to lowest hz after unlock when force lowest Hz mod is enabled
    Samsung's Note20 Ultra Variable Refresh Rate Display Explained (anandtech.com)

This article explains the refresh rates and the difference between the 60/120hz we see on the overlay (which I believe this app uses) and the 10hz figure quoted by samsung, which is at a hardware/driver level.

The only real way to tell if it is dropping below 60hz is comparing power drain, and at the moment the S21U power draw at 60hz and adaptive is very similar. You can see in the link below, that the adaptive refresh is working, as in low brightness (<40lux) where the phone is forced to 120hz mode regardless of content vs the reduced power consumption when in >40lux.

Investigating The Galaxy S21 Ultra New OLED Emitter: Huge Efficiency Improvements (anandtech.com)

Also when I use the BT Sport app on myS21U in full screen, the overlay drops to 48hz, so it does work, just app dependent (i.e. YouTube stays at 60), and the UI seems to default to 60hz unless told otherwise.
    Then yes it should go lower than 60 or 48 :)