[App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Control, Quick Resolution Switcher, Screen-Off Mods, Adaptive Mod, Keep High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode and More)

Search This thread

android_htc

Feb 24, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
My prime video is perfectly playing without any flicker even when the captions are on.
I've not really noticed any flickering with this version or the previous.
I was just reporting that the refresh rate was still changing constantly when different conversations are detected; if this is still the expected behaviour and cannot be changed, than fine I would probably need to watch videos without captions.
I was just concerned about battery life due to the constant switching when watching a movie or long video.

Compusmurf

May 31, 2008
Tampa, FL
Hi. sorry if this was already asked in the previous 32 pages. :) Latest version, paid, the "screen off mod" Force lowest hz keeps turning itself off. What would cause that?

Elhombree

Jan 9, 2014
Thank you for this app, I have recently purchased it but i have some strange issues regarding force lowest hz while screen is on. Its like the one ui launcher gets unresponsive and crashes, for example while in settings when i try to press a category i have to press several times and it doesnt go in the setting and when i scroll up to go to homescreen after that one ui crashes and reloads. This doesnt happen when i toggle it off. Using s21 ultra

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Hi. sorry if this was already asked in the previous 32 pages. :) Latest version, paid, the "screen off mod" Force lowest hz keeps turning itself off. What would cause that?
Thank you. I can confirm this intermittent bug.
Please update to v6.63.21
-Fixed Force Lowest Hz internittently turning-off on some device

Thank you for this app, I have recently purchased it but i have some strange issues regarding force lowest hz while screen is on. Its like the one ui launcher gets unresponsive and crashes, for example while in settings when i try to press a category i have to press several times and it doesnt go in the setting and when i scroll up to go to homescreen after that one ui crashes and reloads. This doesnt happen when i toggle it off. Using s21 ultra
I can't currently think of its connection but will investigate more
Few questions:
Do you have the latest version?
Did you perform the adb permission setup or not?
Thank you.

Reactions: 1jkan

Elhombree

Jan 9, 2014
Thank you. I can confirm this intermittent bug.
Please update to v6.63.21
-Fixed Force Lowest Hz internittently turning-off on some device

I can't currently think of its connection but will investigate more
Few questions:
Do you have the latest version?
Did you perform the adb permission setup or not?
Thank you.

Hi, yes The latest version and ive done adb permission.
Also cleared app cache etc. Restarted The device, force closed The app and everything i could think of. :)

pepo187

Mar 13, 2012
I uninstalled your app and everytime I get edge light notification my screen stutters like on 48Hz or something...Jesuuus...how can I fix it?

dusanl

Oct 24, 2015
Thx for this awesome app. Is there posibility to reduce battery usage of this app. Its like 2% on me (I know its not that much but...). On version 6.60 (initial version with adaptive function) it was like 0.4%. Btw I am on g985f.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Has anyone had any luck fixing the weird color difference between 120 and 60hz? Or is that just an issue with how the S20 handles the display?
Yes, on your 2nd Q. But I its weird for me too thinking that these 120hz and 60hz are the primary refresh rates of the phone. I will understand if it's happening on 96hz or 48hz.

I uninstalled your app and everytime I get edge light notification my screen stutters like on 48Hz or something...Jesuuus...how can I fix it?
Definitely not because of the app. You can try clearing edge lighting app data.

Thx for this awesome app. Is there posibility to reduce battery usage of this app. Its like 2% on me (I know its not that much but...). On version 6.60 (initial version with adaptive function) it was like 0.4%. Btw I am on g985f.
That % is very relative to the other app's usage.
Give it time to settle.
I am highly recommending to use the phone's built-in batt stats in case you don't.

Elhombree

Jan 9, 2014
The latest update did nothing to solve my problems with The app. Still having one ui crashing when 96-48hz is enabled and lowest hz enabled/disabled. When i swipe up to go to homescreen it crashes and homescreen reload no matter where i swipe up from. My Phone absolut vibrates outta nowhere sometimes.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Hi, yes The latest version and ive done adb permission.
Also cleared app cache etc. Restarted The device, force closed The app and everything i could think of. :)
It's really strange. Force Lowest does nothing while screen is On. How about clearing one ui launcher's data?

Reactions: 1jkan

Elhombree

Jan 9, 2014
I have a screen record but xda not supporting mp4. Can i send it to your mail?
Right now its pretty bad with battery drain and my phone is hot like a oven. I have currently disabled The app it is unusable for me right now. As soon as I disabled The app everything works fine.
Let me know if you need anything else.

pepo187

Mar 13, 2012

Give it time to settle.
I am highly recommending to use the phone's built-in batt stats in case you don't.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, on your 2nd Q. But I its weird for me too thinking that these 120hz and 60hz are the primary refresh rates of the phone. I will understand if it's happening on 96hz or 48hz.

Give it time to settle.

Well I haven't install any app in one month..only yours...

Albos_BM

Oct 9, 2014
Hello. I used this app and i liked it but after uninstalling it and turning off the developer options, the screen still flickers (when writing into keyboard for example). Does this have to do with the app ? How can I uninstall the app totally ?
Thank you and sorry if it's not app related ...

Robson Mariano

Aug 15, 2017
Bom dia😇
Tenho um S20 normal
Adquirindo a versão PRO do APP
Eu vou ter acesso a taxa de atualização ADAPTATIVA?
Estou na versão Free e está de boa aqui ✌

Translation:
Good morning😇
I have a normal S20
Purchasing the PRO version of the APP
Will I have access to the ADAPTIVE update rate?
I'm on the Free version and it's good here ✌

Last edited by a moderator:

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014

Well I haven't install any app in one month..only yours...
Hello. I used this app and i liked it but after uninstalling it and turning off the developer options, the screen still flickers (when writing into keyboard for example). Does this have to do with the app ? How can I uninstall the app totally ?
Thank you and sorry if it's not app related ...
Check the refresh rate that is being shown in the built-in Refresh Rate tool found in Developers settings.. It should be 120hz.
If it isn't set it back to 120hz before uninstalling. Please see related question in FAQs for more info.

Last edited:

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Bom dia😇
Tenho um S20 normal
Adquirindo a versão PRO do APP
Eu vou ter acesso a taxa de atualização ADAPTATIVA?
Estou na versão Free e está de boa aqui ✌

Translation:
Good morning😇
I have a normal S20
Purchasing the PRO version of the APP
Will I have access to the ADAPTIVE update rate?
I'm on the Free version and it's good here ✌
Yes, you can use adaptive using the ad-free free trial or getting the ad-free version.
More info in the OP.

Reactions: Robson Mariano

Elhombree

Jan 9, 2014
I have purchased the app decided to uninstall the app for the time beeing and I will wait until it gets more mature!
For now it is very unstable causing weird problems and drain for me. I love how dev is active and passionate about this. Note for people reading and thinking of downloading. I recommend it. For me its causing issue it might not for you or if you are reading this after weeks or months it might be stable and really good!

Reactions: Robson Mariano

Top Liked Posts

In cqhd+ the text is more blurry then fhd+. I in Oneui 3.1
    Now that you've mention it, I've noticed the same too. Screenshots taken with cQHD+ are sharper but the UI and everything else feels blurrier when using cQHD+ compared to FHD+. Could it be that the UI doesn't properly recognize the resolution thus outputs lower less Graphics?
    v6.64.00 is up! :)
    - Added option to keep motion smoothness on power saving mode - either enabled manually or by the system/adaptive power saving
    After some time troubleshooting, I think I've solved the issue. This problem only crops up when the overlay is on. When off, everything is working fine. Thanks for the quick reply.

v6.64.20 is now available. :)
    - Fixed bug on refresh rate not being fixed on games when the in-app refresh rate monitor overlay is turned-on
    Update: Currently pausing this update due to adaptive mod issues on some S20 devices.

v7.00 is now up! :)
    - `Keep motion smoothness on power saving mode` will now take effect immediately after toggle
    - Filter what resolutions to include in the screen resolution switcher
    - Power saving mode and deep-doze are now separate options under screen-off mods
    - Additional deep-doze option with no maintenance window added
    - Adaptive or high motion smoothness on CQHD resolution now sticks after reboot.
    Hi @tribalfs, great app. Purchased it now.

Just one request, are you able to force 48/96hz without 60hz being activated? Because the flickering occurs when 60hz quickly activates between 48 and 96hz, like half a second or or so when we touch the screen. Would be amazing if you could fix this.

Thanks again for the amazing work.
    Thanks for the workaround, as my power saving mode mainly automated by Tasker or Bixby routines (seldom turn it on manually) :)
    I found an update for the app and installed the same. Now, the net speed tool remains enabled. However, it doesn't seem to be switching between kB and kb. It appears stuck on kb irrespective of the selection.

v7.00.20 in-app update now available! :)
    v7.00
    v7.00.20
    - `Keep motion smoothness on power saving mode` - improved compatibility with tasker
    '- Fix bug on netspeed indicator not properly updating after changing its settings
    '- Others
    v7.00.10
    - `Keep motion smoothness on power saving mode` will now take effect immediately after toggle
    - Filter what resolutions to include in the screen resolution switcher
    - Power saving mode and deep-doze are now separate options under screen-off mods
    - Adaptive or high motion smoothness on CQHD resolution now sticks after reboot.
    '-Adjustments on doze mode to prevent it from being interrupted by significant motion. This should improve doze performance when the device is constantly in pocket or in motion.
    - Additional doze option with no maintenance window added
    v7.00.10_beta2 is up!
    Includes fix for crashes of some devices and some adjustments on doze modes to prevent it from being interrupted by constant motion. This should improve doze performance when the device is constantly in pocket or in motion.

Screenshot_20210316-052014_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg

About this app:
    • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates (e.g. note20 ultra, s20/S20+/S20Ultra, z fold 2, s21/s21+/s21Ultra, tab S7/S7+). This app can limit max refresh rate to 96hz (or any available refresh rate) on supported smartphones - you can save power with negligible difference on smoothness. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Switch to High: Option to use High(Fixed) motion smoothness mode on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness***

Current Samsung smartphones natively supporting adaptive refresh rates:
      • Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
      • Galaxy Z Fold 2
      • Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra

• Refresh Rate Monitor: Observe how multiple refresh rates work on your device. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***

• Quick High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: Easily switch to high or adaptive motion smoothness mode (from Standard) even on power saving mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto set power saving mode during screen-off***

Ad-Free Exclusive Features:

• Keep motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled - either manually or by the system/adaptive power saving***

• Adaptive refresh rate mod: Experimental adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the native Adaptive motion smoothness (e.g. S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+)***

• Quick-doze mod: Quick doze mode during screen-off to improve standby power consumption***

• Set minimum refresh rate for adaptive mode to 60hz or lower (if available)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Statusbar net speed indicator

• 7-day Ad-Free Trial is available. Just click "Activate Ad-free" button and activate free trial when prompted.
    ***these marked features require one-time ADB setup (this is not root)

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup. Just ignore the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time.

DOWNLOAD:
    WARNING!!! DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS APP FROM ELSEWHERE. THERE ARE TROJAN-FILLED TAMPERED VERSION OF THIS APP OUT THERE.

***To those who purchased the ad-free license of the previous app package, you can freely upgrade to the ad-free version of this new app. Just enter the activation code sent to your email once prompted by the app. You can do the same process if you reformatted your phone. Thank you for your support.🙏

FAQs, changelogs and more information in the next post.👇

Demo video of v5.4. More features have been added in the later versions
    v6.64.00 is up! :)
    - Added option to keep motion smoothness on power saving mode - either enabled manually or by the system/adaptive power saving
    The program is very much in conflict with bank programs where the entrance is through a fingerprint. The phone starts to hang very much. Latest version of the program
    The link to the latest version isn't working.
    @tribalfs Thanks for all your work, amazing app!

I'm having some issue with S21 ultra v6.61 the app is detecting my lowest hz differently each time sometime it detects 60 sometimes 120 (although the actual should be 10).
    Also is there an option to set a specific hz for certain app?
    Could you post the link for 6.61.02! Updating through your app gives the error "there was a problem parsing the package".
    Since last Android Update unuseable.

Can't switch to ,,Adaptive". Can't even set it to 96hz. I will revert back to 5.30.... That works... but 48hz will be out 4ever i think
    Does this version fix the issues ? Safe to install? And thank you
    No more adaptive refresh rate..allready do the ADB commands and "trial" it was once then gone forever tried to force stop and clear app data..please help
    Same here, I think the dev mentioned that screen profiles aren't being loaded properly but the link seems to be broken to the update that fixes the issue. All we can do is be patient for now. I tried to get back 48hz by wiping and uninstalling but that broke adaptive for me as well

Hello everyone.

v6.61.10 build is now up - should fix bug on refresh rate profiles not properly loading introduced in v6.61.0*.

v6.61.10
    - Fixed bug on refresh rate profiles not properly loading(bug inroduced in v6.61)
    Clearing app data is highly recommended after this update

Thanks to all who reported the bug.
    Hello everyone! v6.10 is up. :)

See changelog below. Download link in OP.

Changelogs
    v6.10

• Bug fixes
    • Stability improvements and optimizations
    • Screen off mod when turned-ON will only apply when screen is OFF for atleast 8 seconds
    • IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO UNINSTALL THE PREVIOUS VERSION (v6.01 or v6.00) BEFORE INSTALLING THIS UPDATE.

I was looking at screen off refresh rate. Screen on works perfectly.

On latest Samsung update, security patch December 1.
    Same here, since v6. 01
    You just triggered me to look, battery was going faster than usual but didn't check why yet. But now I know. Although 3.n% is not that much of expect it to be much lower.
    Can confirmed that it works after turning screen off more than 5secs but its not consistent, sometimes it would still shows 96hz and most of the times 48hz doesn't revert back to 96hz upon waking up the screen.

update : 48hz is working more consistently but still wont revert back to 96hz. I also need to manually turn back on the 'Real-time Refresh Rate' for it to show up again even when the option was already turned on before the screen went off.
    Same here, tried putting the app in exclude from cleaning but it still won't revert back to 96hz.
    Yes i removed and know stop crashing 👍

my screen off refresh rate doesn't change correctly i noticed it's inconsistent sometimes it does... sometimes it stay at 48 for long while after....needs work
    v6.63.50 is up! :)
    - Trial workaround to prevent Samsung Pay crash
    - Other minor bug fixes

The app per se is not draining, but it causes me issues, glitches and crashes where ex samsung pay had drained 18% and wants to send reports. This only happened when galaxy max hz was installed, I uninstalled it yesterday and so far 0 issues what so ever. I trust the dev and hopefully soon it will work better for me :)

I must report a bug, my S21U is using the latest version

Samsung PAY will continue to crash and the NFC failure cannot be turned off, causing the phone to overheat and the UI lag

I uninstalled it and turned off the developer option and everything was fine
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone