[App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Control, Quick Resolution Switcher, Screen-Off Mods, Adaptive Mod, Keep High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode and More)

Search This thread

Przemmo73

Aug 20, 2017
I think you misunderstood what's quick-doze mod is for. What you're doing with your bixby routine settings is already equivalent to permanent doze mode when your device is completely still for long period. What Quick-doze mod do is to do these stuff in one switch with a plus of doze mode not being interrupted even when you are constantly moving.
Thank you for your explanation.

Reactions: tribalfs

BranBro365

Jan 30, 2019
Can you specify what do you mean on this, mate? Thank you.

Sorry, I have no idea on this Accubatt behavior.

I am sure it's not "1544x720", take a look at it again.
So when I go to Display it DOES show 3195x1339 under Screen Resolution, but then when I tap Screen Resolution it shows that it's set to HD+ 1544x720.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210419-091829_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210419-091829_Settings.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20210419-091838_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210419-091838_Settings.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 63

BranBro365

Jan 30, 2019
This app works and you use it voluntarily. ;-)
I understand that we use it voluntarily, but if it doesn't ACTUALLY do what it is saying it's doing then isn't that decieving? I think a person showed that in terms of crispness of text when using this app at the setting just below WQHD+ that it actually makes text look worse then FHD+, and on another thread about doing this with ADB it's been pretty much proven that it doesn't actually change the screen resolution.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
I understand that we use it voluntarily, but if it doesn't ACTUALLY do what it is saying it's doing then isn't that decieving? I think a person showed that in terms of crispness of text when using this app at the setting just below WQHD+ that it actually makes text look worse then FHD+, and on another thread about doing this with ADB it's been pretty much proven that it doesn't actually change the screen resolution.
I don't intend to deceive. If you read info from the FAQs, I just added this resolution/tweak because of requests I receive from a number of users. I understand that the quality improvement is debatable. Android sytem is compex after all. But I just added it as a FREE feature - you may or may not use it.

Jochman14

Dec 26, 2017
Hi guys
I have S20 FE and found some issues / some found and fixed already by workaround (3rd party app from store), maybe anyone can help with rest.
Fixed / workarounds
After changing volume, it stay stuck at 120Hz in adaptive mode 60/120 until I switch to homescreen and back to the app. Ultra Volume app from store did a trick. When on, changing volume on any screen correctly return to 60Hz after selected time.

When I use system back gesture for example in browser or youtube, it stay stucked on 120Hz until I switch to homescreen and back to the app. Fluid navigation gestures and disabling system gestures did the trick for me. Now on any app, making a back gesture is switching back to 60Hz correctly.

Not fixed one
when my screen autorotate, it stay stucked at 120Hz
Browser, Youtube, or watching HBO/Netflix, when rorate the screen, it stay stucked on 120 until I change volume / hit back button or switch to home screen or open another app.
Do you guys have some fix for this ?
I also tried to disable autorotate, but even in disabled mode, when I put phone vertically, it switch from 60 to 120 and keep in that way.

Nov 12, 2020
I had issue in game again. Yesterday i update my phone to april security path and one ui home also update to new version12.01.05.11 after that when i play game usually should be lock 120hz but anytime i pull down noti and then refresh rate auto lower to 48hz (my app ver 7.1 beta2) Can u please check :)))

android_htc

Feb 24, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Hi guys
I have S20 FE and found some issues / some found and fixed already by workaround (3rd party app from store), maybe anyone can help with rest.
Fixed / workarounds
After changing volume, it stay stuck at 120Hz in adaptive mode 60/120 until I switch to homescreen and back to the app. Ultra Volume app from store did a trick. When on, changing volume on any screen correctly return to 60Hz after selected time.

When I use system back gesture for example in browser or youtube, it stay stucked on 120Hz until I switch to homescreen and back to the app. Fluid navigation gestures and disabling system gestures did the trick for me. Now on any app, making a back gesture is switching back to 60Hz correctly.

Not fixed one
when my screen autorotate, it stay stucked at 120Hz
Browser, Youtube, or watching HBO/Netflix, when rorate the screen, it stay stucked on 120 until I change volume / hit back button or switch to home screen or open another app.
Do you guys have some fix for this ?
I also tried to disable autorotate, but even in disabled mode, when I put phone vertically, it switch from 60 to 120 and keep in that way.
I also have the S20 FE 5G and did experience the refresh rate getting stuck at 120Hz on some occasions. However, I was not able to reproduce this issue and not sure what was causing it... I think it maybe linked to the "Show real time refresh rates" option as I was getting erratic behaviour sometimes with this enabled. I have now disabled this option and have not seen the refresh rate getting stuck at 120Hz again. System gesture and rotation all working fine for me.

Reactions: Jochman14

Jochman14

Dec 26, 2017
I also have the S20 FE 5G and did experience the refresh rate getting stuck at 120Hz on some occasions. However, I was not able to reproduce this issue and not sure what was causing it... I think it maybe linked to the "Show real time refresh rates" option as I was getting erratic behaviour sometimes with this enabled. I have now disabled this option and have not seen the refresh rate getting stuck at 120Hz again. System gesture and rotation all working fine for me.
I have tried to disable it and so far so good. Thank you very much.
Awesome app anyway. Thanks to dev (already got a full version)

DasOTTO

Oct 30, 2019
OK Let me take my roasting now but I'm gonna ask anyways. I've read through the thread and I think I understand what this app is doing but I have a question. Does this force 120 Hz at WQHD+ for the Note 20 Ultra like the S21 Ultra?
You obliviously haven't read through the tread but the answer is no... not for the N20u

Nov 12, 2020
OK Let me take my roasting now but I'm gonna ask anyways. I've read through the thread and I think I understand what this app is doing but I have a question. Does this force 120 Hz at WQHD+ for the Note 20 Ultra like the S21 Ultra?
Yess U can had CHD+ i using it with 1439x3087 with 120hz

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210419-144212_Device Info.jpg
    Screenshot_20210419-144212_Device Info.jpg
    434.1 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: klbjr

George Musat

Apr 15, 2021
I don't intend to deceive. If you read info from the FAQs, I just added this resolution/tweak because of requests I receive from a number of users. I understand that the quality improvement is debatable. Android sytem is compex after all. But I just added it as a FREE feature - you may or may not use it.
Please help,why the app reset sometimes? It switches to 60hz and high instead 120hz and adaptive?

Reactions: tribalfs

Przemmo73

Aug 20, 2017
I"ve mentioned the issue in the trhead I'm having with 2 apps before. One of the them is a trustworthy app Gsam battery monitor. I took a screenshot today after using only doz mode at MAX during the night just to show the idea with the problem. Never had I had it before installing the Galaxy Max Hz. Take a look at the time of SCREEN ON... I've never had such a problem before. There's need to be done sth about it.
The drain during the night was 6 per cent... Too much to me, I guess.
regards,
Przemek

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210421-093936_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
    Screenshot_20210421-093936_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 32

airjordantr

Sep 4, 2011
The beta version adaptive refresh rate works perfect with the s20 ultra. I purchased it waiting the activation code. Hope you'll upgrade it to 10-120hz adaptive like s21 ultra.

Top Liked Posts

Thanks. The reason I'm still doing this now (in latest GMH version) is because I still notice the reading is 60.000x Hz in Force lowest HZ (after screen off for sometime then on) when I'm on standard refresh mode. Probably because sometimes the automated power saving + standard refresh mode tasks kick in when my phone screen is off and idle and GMH is not able to force it to 48Hz by then. Not sure. But right now I will live with this, not a big issue :)
    Check v7.10.21, I made some fixes related to this.
    Could u tell me how to have AOD set to 48Hz?
    Enable "Force lowest hz". Will set 4hz on devices supporting 48hz
    Actually I think a nice addition would be a quick minimum refresh rate toggle in quick settings.
    I said I am not able to replicate this bug and I am requesting for a screen recording so I can look closer and investigate.
    Strangely I am able to fix it by clearing data and enabling option for using Samsung Pay (even though I don't and have it disabled.) I guess whatever option you are toggling with that prompt is the culprit!
    Pls send me list of emulators app you use. Thank you.
    RetroArch, Citra MMJ, Citra, Dolphin MMJR, Dolphin MMJ, Dolphin, PPSSPP, Drastic, Skyline, Egg NS, Play!, Mirage and a few other well knowns besides that. Those are the main IMPORTANT ONES. I would greatly appreciate this and it will also improve overall user experience.
    v7.10.17 in-app update now available :)

v7.10.17
    - Bug fixes
    v7.10 changes
    - Separate Max hz setting for power saving mode
    - Automate GMH settings using Tasker plugin support. Supported actions/variables: Max Refresh Rate, Keep Motion Smoothness on PSM, Motion Smoothness Mode, Quick-doze Mod, Change Screen Resolution. Check FAQs for the basic setup guide.
    - Some code refactoring and optimizations
    v7.10.00_beta update now available. :)
    (No in-app update yet, download link in the opening post.)
    v7.10 (currently in beta)
    - Custom max hz option for power saving mode
    - Automate GMH settings with the Tasker plugin support. Supported actions/variables: Max Refresh Rate, Keep Motion Smoothness on PSM, Motion Smoothness Mode, Quick-doze Mod and Change Screen Resolution.

How to setup GMH with Tasker?
    Create(+) a Task in Tasker app and give it a name. Inside the Edit Task window, add GMH action by clicking (+) button > Plugin > Galaxy Max Hz. Click the (edit) Configuration section to see the tasker settings/variables available for GMH. Set a value to each of the variable that you want to apply by clicking (+) button > Variables >Variable Set > enter the variable name and a corresponding valid value. Ensure to put Galaxy Max Hz action task after all the Variable Set tasks (use hold and drag to re-order).
    You can then link this Task to the Profile/Trigger that you want to use. You can create multiple GMH tasks with different variables.
    @truemagic @joakimbo

Any chance of app whitelists?

For example, I have some video apps that I would like to force 120hz in adaptive mode but currently defaults to 60
    I'd also like to see an option for an app whitelist.

Before the Game launcher overlay issue got patched I had a way of running games at 60 Hz but now that's not possible unless I manually change the adaptive settings.
    You can now use GMH Tasker plugin to whitelist apps.
    v7.10.20 in-app update now available :)
    - Bug fixes
    v7.10 changes
    - Separate Max hz setting for power saving mode
    - Automate GMH settings using Tasker plugin support. Supported actions/variables: Max Refresh Rate, Keep Motion Smoothness on PSM, Motion Smoothness Mode, Quick-doze Mod, Change Screen Resolution. Check FAQs for the basic setup guide.

Hello my app will not download the updated version. It's telling me this..
    Same for me
    Having the Adaptive mode dying on my S20 FE Android 11 ... all battery optimizations off for Galaxy Max Hz but still seems like some aggressive doze/task killer type thing is interfering with it.

Sometimes hz notification reports nothing as well as if it doesn't wake up correctly from screen off. Reported this and got no reply.

EDIT: Upon further testing I've noticed that opening or moving the new "Bubbles" feature locks the screen in 120hz mode until next lock/unlock cycle.

I have the PRO version of the APP. I needed to restore the device and now I can't pass the adb on GALAXY MAX HZ. What should I do ?
    Can you provide more details of your adb issue? What's the error shown in adb?
    I updated to the latest version. Another weird behavior I noticed. On Instagram 'Horizontal' scroll of Pictures, the RR stays down at 48Hz...But I scroll vertically (page up-down), then the RR goes up.
    ****The screenshot here shows, when I am in d middle of a Horizontal swipe between 2 pictures in Instagram, My finger is touching the screen, swiping left.
    View attachment 5294749

I noticed that when you scroll through comments on IG it stays at 48 for me

Another abnormal adaptive behavior. When toggling off overlay to appear on top, the adaptive refresh rate seems to be stuck on either 60 or 120hz. Appear on top overlay needs to be on for adaptive to function normally but will still be stuck at times.

Also, the refresh rate will be stuck at the last refresh rate when the device is unlocked even with power saving mode turned on or off. On Beta3 .10, it was working fine but after the recent .15 and .17 hot fixes seems to break the adaptive mode.

Please do something with the youtibe all the time in 60hz and the fact that adaptive didn t works well,lags when switching with delay
    I have s20 fe if it matters

For those who are experiencing issues in v7.10, you may rollback to previous stable version v7.00.36 for the meantime while I am investigating the issues in v7.10. Thank you.
    Screenshot_20210316-052014_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg

About this app:
    • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates (e.g. note20 ultra, s20/S20+/S20Ultra, z fold 2, s21/s21+/s21Ultra, tab S7/S7+). This app can limit max refresh rate to 96hz (or any available refresh rate) on supported smartphones - you can save power with negligible difference on smoothness. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Switch to High: Option to use High(Fixed) motion smoothness mode on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness***

Current Samsung smartphones natively supporting adaptive refresh rates:
      • Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
      • Galaxy Z Fold 2
      • Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra

• Refresh Rate Monitor: Observe how multiple refresh rates work on your device. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***

• Quick High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: Easily switch to high or adaptive motion smoothness mode (from Standard) even on power saving mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off***

• Tasker plugin support: Automate GMH settings using the app's Tasker plugin support. Supported actions/variables: Max Refresh Rate, Keep Motion Smoothness on PSM, Motion Smoothness Mode, Quick-doze Mod, Change Screen Resolution. (new in v7.10). More info in FAQs below.

Ad-Free Exclusive Features:
    • Keep motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled - either manually or by the system/adaptive power saving***

• Adaptive refresh rate mod: Experimental adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the native Adaptive motion smoothness (e.g. S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+)***

• Quick-doze mod: Quick doze mode during screen-off to improve standby power consumption***

• Set minimum refresh rate for adaptive mode to 60hz or lower (if available)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Statusbar net speed indicator

• 7-day Ad-Free Trial is available. Just click "Activate Ad-free" button and activate free trial when prompted.
    ***these marked features require a one-time ADB setup (this is not root)

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup. Just ignore the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time.

DOWNLOAD LINKS (GITHUB):
    WARNING!!! DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS APP FROM ELSEWHERE. THERE ARE TROJAN-FILLED TAMPERED VERSION OF THIS APP OUT THERE.

***To those who purchased the ad-free license of the previous app package, you can freely upgrade to the ad-free version of this new app. Just enter the activation code sent to your email once prompted by the app. You can do the same process if you reformatted your phone. Thank you for your support.🙏

FAQs, changelogs and more information in the next post.👇

Demo video of v5.4. More features have been added in the later versions
    v6.64.00 is up! :)
    - Added option to keep motion smoothness on power saving mode - either enabled manually or by the system/adaptive power saving
    The program is very much in conflict with bank programs where the entrance is through a fingerprint. The phone starts to hang very much. Latest version of the program
    The link to the latest version isn't working.
    @tribalfs Thanks for all your work, amazing app!

I'm having some issue with S21 ultra v6.61 the app is detecting my lowest hz differently each time sometime it detects 60 sometimes 120 (although the actual should be 10).
    Also is there an option to set a specific hz for certain app?
    Could you post the link for 6.61.02! Updating through your app gives the error "there was a problem parsing the package".
    Since last Android Update unuseable.

Can't switch to ,,Adaptive". Can't even set it to 96hz. I will revert back to 5.30.... That works... but 48hz will be out 4ever i think
    Does this version fix the issues ? Safe to install? And thank you
    No more adaptive refresh rate..allready do the ADB commands and "trial" it was once then gone forever tried to force stop and clear app data..please help
    Same here, I think the dev mentioned that screen profiles aren't being loaded properly but the link seems to be broken to the update that fixes the issue. All we can do is be patient for now. I tried to get back 48hz by wiping and uninstalling but that broke adaptive for me as well

Hello everyone.

v6.61.10 build is now up - should fix bug on refresh rate profiles not properly loading introduced in v6.61.0*.

v6.61.10
    - Fixed bug on refresh rate profiles not properly loading(bug inroduced in v6.61)
    Clearing app data is highly recommended after this update

Thanks to all who reported the bug.

FAQs:

• I am on adaptive or high refresh rate mode, but why my refresh rate stays at 60hz on google maps, waze and some other apps and games even if I set a higher max refresh rate?
      These apps are either (1) blacklisted by the android system to not use the high refresh rates due to compatibility reasons, (2) sets its own preferred refresh rate or (2) controlled by Samsung's game optimizing service (game launcher). GMH app can't force these apps to use high refresh rates.

• How does Quick-Doze Mod work?
      If enabled, the device will quickly enter into doze mode (except when charging) during screen-OFF. This will make a better standby power consumption. This works best with "Power Saving Mode on Screen-off" enabled. Doze mode will stay until the device is unlocked. Motion detection will not interrupt this doze mod. The general behavior of doze mode is described below:
      In Doze mode, the system attempts to conserve battery by restricting apps' access to network and CPU-intensive services. It also prevents apps from accessing the network and defers their jobs, syncs, and standard alarms. Periodically, the system exits Doze for a brief time to let apps complete their deferred activities. During this maintenance window, the system runs all pending syncs, jobs, and alarms, and lets apps access the network. At the conclusion of each maintenance window, the system again enters Doze, suspending network access and deferring jobs, syncs, and alarms.
    Some apps notifications are only allowed during the maintenance window except for SMS, those apps using High Priority FCM and those which battery optimizations are disabled. If you want certain apps to ignore this behavior, just disable battery optimization in their respective app settings.​
    • Why I don't have 48hz and/or 96hz on my device?
      Currently only the following Samsung devices have 48Hz and/or 96hz enabled:
      • Note 20 Ultra (48 & 96)
      • S21 Series (48 & 96)
      • S20 series excluding FE (48 & 96 - but 48hz was removed by Samsung in OneUI3.1 update)

• In Adaptive refresh rate mod, I set minimum refresh rate to 48Hz but while watching videos, refresh rate only goes down to 60Hz
      On video apps like youtube, the default refresh rate is set to 60Hz but it will automatically go down to 48Hz on compatible videos (i.e 24fps or 48fps videos). Most videos in youtube are in 60fps format.

• Adaptive mod does not go down on GAMES and also when notification panel is expanded.
      On games, the refresh rate will adapt to the highest refresh rate the game supports and will be fixed on that refresh rate. This is to preserve input responsiveness and smoothness while playing. If the game is not compatible to the currently set max Hz, it will use the next lower compatible refresh rate. On expanded notification panel, it does not go down when you enabled the app's refresh rate monitor and/or net speed indicator - this is to avoid refresh rates constantly jumping up and down when refresh rate and/or net speed values are updated. However, if both are disabled, refresh rate should go down like the usual adaptive behavior.

• Is the Adaptive refresh rate mod in the app the same as Samsung's native adaptive refresh rate. Is it based purely on touch input?
      For those devices that do not have the Samsung's native Adaptive refresh rate mode, the app's own Adaptive Mod is applied. But for those devices that have the native adaptive refresh rate, the native adaptive refresh rate is applied 'as is', except when you override the minimum refresh to lower than 60Hz .

Aside from touch input, the app's Adaptive mod also considers the changes on the contents being displayed on screen like the native implementation. It is a goal of this app to make the Adaptive mod behavior similar to the native one.

For those devices not natively supporting adaptive refresh rate, some users experienced flickers when refresh rate switches more specifically under low brightness and specially when using 96hz and/or 48hz. This is an issue of consistency of gamma curves across the different refresh rates. Samsung possibly did less calibration on 96hz/48hz. This also has to do on the hardware tech that is used in the display (LTPS).

• Can I disable appear on top permission if I don't use the app's refresh rate monitor overlay?
      Disabling it may introduce issues on adaptive mod. It's recommended to keep it enabled and just hide its notification by long-pressing on it and switching it off.

• Can I add the CQHD+(custom QHD) resolution that supports 96hz/120hz for Note20 Ultra or S20 series device?
      Yes, this option is added as requested by some users. If it's not shown in the app, just click the Reload Profile in the 3-dot menu while connected to the internet to load profiles from my backend containing such resolution. The backend copies of the resolution and refresh profiles have the following additional resolution:
      • Note 20 Ultra: 3087x1439 @ 48/60/96/120 hz
      • S20/S20+/S20Ultra: 3180x1431 @ 60/96/120 hz

• How to activate ad-free trial?
      Click the 'Activate Ad-free' button and click 'More Info' into prompt that will appear. Type in "TRIAL" and apply. You will have 7-days to test the ad-free extra features.
      Starting with v7.**.**, activate ad-free trial will automatically prompt when it is still available to your device. Just click ok.

• Why is it that we can't download this app in play store and how do we know it's safe?
      This app targets older android sdk in order to set refresh rates without ADB or root requirement. Unfortunately, play store doesn't anymore allow us to publish app targeting such older sdk. If you doubt if it's safe, you can scan it with any virus scanner like virustotal, metadefender, with Samsung's built-in threat scanner powered by McAfee or Google Play Protect scanner.

• I constantly receive sound/vibration alerts everytime real-time refresh and/or netspeed indicator is turned-on. How can I turn it off?
      In case you're experiencing this, you can turn this off in the app's notification settings (long press app icon > app info > notifications > open each notif category and set to silent). This is fixed since v6.62.

• How to setup GMH with Tasker?
      1. Create(+) a Task - inside Tasker's TASKS tab and give it a name. Inside the Task Edit window, add GMH Action by clicking (+) button > Plugin > Galaxy Max Hz. Inside Action Edit window, click the (edit) Configuration section to see the tasker settings/variables available for GMH and the valid values on each.

Go back to Task Edit window and set a value to each of the variable that you want to use by clicking (+) button > Variables >Variable Set > enter the variable name and a corresponding valid value. Ensure to put GMH action AFTER all the Variable Set actions (Tip: Use hold and drag to re-order).

You can test the task you created by clicking the ▶️ button at the bottom.

You can create multiple GMH tasks with different variables.

2. Create a Profile(Trigger) - in Tasker's PROFILES tab for the trigger that you want to use then link it to the task that you created in step 1.

Tip: If you want to override behavior for certain apps, just create an Activity Profile(Trigger) and another Activity Invert Profile(Trigger) for each of these apps in Tasker's Profile tab, then create the corresponding GMH task following step 1 and link them to the corresponding Activity Profile(Trigger) and Activity Invert Profile(Trigger).

• I don't have a paypal account but I want to buy ad-free
      You can use the "Checkout as Guest" option to pay without registering to paypal. Currently working on other payment methods.

Questions and Bug Reports:

Feel free to ask questions relevant to this app here should your question is not addressed in FAQs above.
    For suspected bugs, you can send me a direct message or post it here. Read the FAQs also to check if it is an intended/expected behavior or not. Also check if the latest version is already installed in your device. Please attach/send a screen recording* showing the bug/issue and also show your GMH settings in the screen recording. You can use this screen recording app capable of recording high refresh rates

Due to the app usage of non-sdk and non-public api to execute most of its features, it is not guaranteed that all of its features are going to work in the future android iterations, should the new iteration block/disable them. But the dev will do his best to keep it working as long as possible.

Sharing Outside XDA:

Feel free to share this app anywhere as long as proper credits and reference to this thread are provided. Do not create any alternative download link. This is to ensure that users get the untampered installation file, latest information and latest updates of this app.

Unresolved Bugs:

• Samsung Pay is reported to be crashing when using this app. Currently investigating on this. I am encouraging anyone who is experiencing this to also send/report the Samsung pay crash log to Samsung.
      Update: Based on my research, it seems that this is happening when using any app that uses a screen overlay.
      Trial fix included in v6.63.50

Upcoming features:

• Custom max refresh rate on power saving mode (e.g. 96hz) - implemented in v7.10
    • Tasker plugin actions - implemented in v7.10

Changelogs:

Try to clear data of this app if you encounter issues after update. Please report any bug that persist. Thank you.
    v7.10
    - Separate max hz settings for power saving mode
    - Automate GMH settings using Tasker plugin support. Supported actions/variables: Max Refresh Rate, Keep Motion Smoothness on PSM, Motion Smoothness Mode, Quick-doze Mod, Change Screen Resolution.

v7.00
    - `Keep motion smoothness on power saving mode` will now take effect immediately after toggle
    - Filter what resolutions to include in the screen resolution switcher
    - Power saving mode and deep-doze are now separate options under screen-off mods
    - Adaptive or high motion smoothness on CQHD+ resolution now sticks after reboot.
    '-Adjustments on doze mode to prevent it from being interrupted by significant motion. This should improve doze performance when the device is constantly in pocket or in motion.
    - Additional doze option with no maintenance window added

v6.64
    - Added option to keep motion smoothness on power saving mode - either enabled manually or by the system/adaptive power saving

v6.63
    - Trial workaround to prevent Samsung Pay crash (v6.63.50)
    - Other minor bug fixes
    - Quick power-doze mod adjustments for more power saving on idle. There are now two options available: Moderate and Aggressive
    - Adaptive mod improvements - fixed behavior in Samsung notes and when using instagram voice note
    - Added option to hide Net Speed in the app's main screen to those who don't need it.

v6.62
    - Fixed crash when opening some apps in Secured Folder
    - Minor improvements on adaptive mod
    - Fixed intermittent bug on restoring power mode settings on screen-on when using quick power-doze mod
    - Fixed bug on refresh rate profiles not properly loading on some devices. Known profiles are now being loaded from the server if connected to internet or locally from profiles included in the apk - upon first opening the app or after clear data.
    - Adaptive mod improvements for games and video payback
    - Other bug fixes
    - Improvements on Italian translations
    - Please advise if not all refresh rates are working on your device so I can modify the profile in my server
    Clearing app data is recommended if your device has issue on loading refresh rate profiles

v6.61
    - Improvements on adaptive mod behavior for multi-refresh rates devices not natively supporting adaptive refresh rates (fixed issues on prolonged scroll, mouse scroll, not working on settings, etc.)
    - Set minimum refresh rate for adaptive mode to 60hz or lower (if available)
    - Net speed indicator now autohides when not connected to internet
    - More optimizations
    - Other improvements and bug fixes

v6.60
    - Experimental Adaptive refresh rate mod working for Samsung devices supporting multiple refresh rates (e.g. S20/S20+/S20Ultra,S20FE) (only available for Ad-free)
    - Quick power-doze mod: Automatic power saving mode and quick doze mode on screen-off (only available for Ad-free)

v6.50
    - Fixed high mode not working on some S21/N20U devices
    - Show real-time refresh rate in notification and/or overlay
    - Added some language support
    - Improve notifications
    - App power consumption improvement
    - 7-day ad-free trial is available for you to test. Just click "Activate Ad-free" button and click "More info" on the snackbar prompt that will appear Ad-free trial added
    - Stability and other improvements

v6.33
    • Code cleanup and minor bug fixes
    • Removed FPS counter (not so useful)
    • Added net speed indicator (extra for ad-free)
    v6.31
    • Fixed max hz button label not correctly updating after screen off
    • Fixed intermittent crash when service is killed by the system on some devices
    • Updated ad-free activation for devices and those who have ad-free version of the old app package - now using activation code

v6.27
    • Fixed crashes on Galaxy Tab S7/S7+ when expanding notif panel
    • Fixed autorun bug
    • Stability improvement on quick resolution changer feature

v6.21
    • Added real-time Display FPS option alongside refresh rate.
    • Run service in foreground so it will less likely be killed by the system.
    • Added in-app updater

v6.00
    Made a number of changes
    • Max Refresh Rate Toggle
      • Added ability to switch to the lowest available refresh rate from the predefined system refresh rates (e.g. 48hz for Note20 ultra at Adaptive)
      • Control the lower limit (hz) of this toggle. Choose whether to include or exclude the lower 48hz and/or 60hz in the toggle.
    • Real-time Refresh Rate
      • Added ability to customize the location and the size of the real-time refresh rate overlay
      • When turned-on, it will automatically pause when the screen is Off to reduce background power consumption
    • Screen Off Refresh Rate
    • Others
      • Updated app layout
      • Show information of the device's supported screen resolutions and the corresponding supported refresh rates
    • Package name change - the package name was changed from com.tribalfs.n20umaxhz to com.tribalfs.gmh
      • To those who purchased the ad-free license of the previous app package, you can freely upgrade to the ad-free version of this new app. Just enter the activation code sent to your email once prompted by the app. You can do the same to reacquire license if you reformatted your phone. Thank you for supporting this app.
    Previous changelogs

v5.40
    - Fixed landscape orientation layout bug and other layout improvements
    - Added support for Note 20 Ultra Non-5G models (all features)

v5.26
    - Fixed disabled "High/Fixed Motion Smoothness Mode" switcher on Galaxy Z Fold 2. You should be able to use this function now in Z Fold 2.
    - Fixed force close bug on Galaxy Z Fold 2
    -Fixed missing resolution label for Galaxy S20 series
    - Other code clean up

v5.20
    - Qs tiles for refresh rate control and resolution switcher now have dynamic icons. Better visibility for partially expanded notification panel.
    - Added high/fixed refresh rate mode/option for Galaxy Note20 Ultra and Z Fold2. If enabled, the device will be set to 'High Motion Smoothness' mode and refresh rates will behave like the Galaxy S20 series.

v5.00
    - Added support for Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra and S20FE. Resolution switcher is not applicable to S20 FE.
    - Renamed app to Galaxy Max Hz

v4.00
    -Added 'Resolution - Motion Smoothness Mode' switcher (button and qs tile). Switch resolution and motion smoothness mode anytime even on medium power saving mode. This specific function requires ADB.

v3.00
    - Changed overlay FPS to Refresh Rate (Hz)
    - Refresh rate monitor now switches color to red if 60hz or below and to green if above 60hz
    - Added toggle switch for refresh rate monitor on app's home screen

v2.00
    - The 3-way toggle button and quicksettings (qs) tile are now aware if the current Motion Smoothness mode is set to Adaptive or not. If not, they will show 'Standard' and will open the display settings when clicked
    - The switch for the FPS monitor overlay is moved to a new qs tile. You can now turn the FPS monitor ON/OFF anywhere without opening the app.
    - Changed text color of fps monitor from red to green. Green color has the longest lifespan in amoled, so lesser chance of amoled burn.

v1.00 Initial release

Hello everyone! v6.10 is up. :)

See changelog below. Download link in OP.

Changelogs
    v6.10

• Bug fixes
    • Stability improvements and optimizations
    • Screen off mod when turned-ON will only apply when screen is OFF for atleast 8 seconds
    • IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO UNINSTALL THE PREVIOUS VERSION (v6.01 or v6.00) BEFORE INSTALLING THIS UPDATE.

I was looking at screen off refresh rate. Screen on works perfectly.

On latest Samsung update, security patch December 1.
    Same here, since v6. 01
    You just triggered me to look, battery was going faster than usual but didn't check why yet. But now I know. Although 3.n% is not that much of expect it to be much lower.
    Can confirmed that it works after turning screen off more than 5secs but its not consistent, sometimes it would still shows 96hz and most of the times 48hz doesn't revert back to 96hz upon waking up the screen.

update : 48hz is working more consistently but still wont revert back to 96hz. I also need to manually turn back on the 'Real-time Refresh Rate' for it to show up again even when the option was already turned on before the screen went off.
    Same here, tried putting the app in exclude from cleaning but it still won't revert back to 96hz.
    Yes i removed and know stop crashing 👍

my screen off refresh rate doesn't change correctly i noticed it's inconsistent sometimes it does... sometimes it stay at 48 for long while after....needs work
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone