Search This thread

android_htc

Feb 24, 2011
Thanks for the update.
Just another update.
It worked fine all day yesterday and it was also fine during sleep last night.
Unfortunately, I went out three times this morning and on the last occasion, I have found that autosync has turned off... it is difficult to replicate this issue but probably has something to do with WiFi being disconnected or switched off as this seems to be only variable now?
I have a few bixby routines, but cannot see anything that may cause an issue?
I will install the latest version over the beta now. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210730-105139_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    Screenshot_20210730-105139_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    492.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20210730-105029_Bixby Routines.jpg
    Screenshot_20210730-105029_Bixby Routines.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20210730-105012_Bixby Routines.jpg
    Screenshot_20210730-105012_Bixby Routines.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20210730-104212_Bixby Routines.jpg
    Screenshot_20210730-104212_Bixby Routines.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 75

vkez

Oct 5, 2014
Pinang
Samsung Galaxy S21
Im new to this app. Installed latest version and activated with adb. One problem im having is if i lock the phone when it is at 96hz or 48hz always on display is not showing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Edit: device s21exynos G991B

D

Deleted member 2086469

@tribalfs Have you changed anything on the 'Force lowest Hz' mechanism in the latest version? I used to get 48hz on screen off when running standard refresh rate (om power saving mode) but now it's shown as 60hz on screen off. Did not happen on all previous versions.

P/s: I do reload profiles as advised but result is the same. I have now cleared data to give to another try. Will update later.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
@tribalfs Have you changed anything on the 'Force lowest Hz' mechanism in the latest version? I used to get 48hz on screen off when running standard refresh rate (om power saving mode) but now it's shown as 60hz on screen off. Did not happen on all previous versions.

P/s: I do reload profiles as advised but result is the same. I have now cleared data to give to another try. Will update later.
Yes. What's your device /model number and oneui version?
Update: I found it. It's just the text not updating properly - but, the refresh rate is actually changed to 48hz. Will fix this. Thank you.

Last edited:

android_htc

Feb 24, 2011
Just another update.
It worked fine all day yesterday and it was also fine during sleep last night.
Unfortunately, I went out three times this morning and on the last occasion, I have found that autosync has turned off... it is difficult to replicate this issue but probably has something to do with WiFi being disconnected or switched off as this seems to be only variable now?
I have a few bixby routines, but cannot see anything that may cause an issue?
I will install the latest version over the beta now. Thanks
I think the culprit may have been the "Brevent" app that I have activated recently along with the beta version.. I found that the GMH service had stopped overnight and that autosync has also disabled... this was strange as the GMH service should not be stopped it uses the "Accessibility" feature?

rishiduke

May 24, 2013
Yes. What's your device /model number and oneui version?
Update: I found it. It's just the text not updating properly - but, the refresh rate is actually changed to 48hz. Will fix this. Thank you.
Same here, screen off refresh rate is shown as 60Hz. Updated to latest version. I don't have "Brevent" app installed.
Also auto sync behaviour seems to work as inteded.
Thanks.

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
Just a quick question. If I have power saving mode on the app for screen off on and auto sync off can I still get my WhatsApp messages coming through

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
Sorry if this has been asked before. When you unistalled the app and restart the phone does stock settings come back as they were before installing the app? Hope I make sense sorry for my poor English and thank you for your help

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria
I ran the ADB commands in my Note 20 Ultra to activate the 2 power saving options but in neither case did it work, I cannot switch either of the buttons to the right.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
v7.13.00 in-app update now up.

v7.13
Anti-flicker: added minimum brightness threshold for Adaptive mod similar to the native one. When the device's display brightness falls below the set minimum brightness threshold, adaptive mod will pause and will resume once the brightness increases again above the threshold. This is for devices that are experiencing flickers when refresh rate switches at certain low brightness level.
Stability and bug fixes

This is what confuses me as well. If auto sync is off, what exactly is affected. Messaging apps? E-mail apps? Social networking apps?
You can find them in the manage account inside Settings app or you can click Autosync settings in GMH - mostly account related data. Most messaging apps are using push notifications on messages and are not affected by this setting but Doze mode does to a certain extent depending on the app but lesser extent on those using high priority FCM (push notif).

I ran the ADB commands in my Note 20 Ultra to activate the 2 power saving options but in neither case did it work, I cannot switch either of the buttons to the right.
Please share a screenshot of the app.

Sorry if this has been asked before. When you unistalled the app and restart the phone does stock settings come back as they were before installing the app? Hope I make sense sorry for my poor English and thank you for your help
Just set the max refresh rate back to the default/highest one and disable all screen off mods before uninstalling.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2086469

fix ready for Force lowest Hz incorrect reading? lol

anyway I'm not complaining :)

D

Deleted member 2086469

v7.13.00 in-app update now up.

You can find them in the manage account inside Settings app or you can click Autosync settings in GMH - mostly account related data. Most messaging apps are using push notifications on messages and are not affected by this setting but Doze mode does to a certain extent depending on the app but lesser extent on those using high priority FCM (push notif).

Please share a screenshot of the app.

Just set the max refresh rate back to the default/highest one and disable all screen off mods before uninstalling.
oh wow thanks you beat me to it. Thumbs up 👍

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria
Have run ADB commands again but still not working, what am I missing? See screenshots, thanks

Attachments

• 20210803_095339.jpg
    20210803_095339.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20210803-095310_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    Screenshot_20210803-095310_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 35

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    T
    Hey, I don't think it'll affect it. I bought a premium license for N985F and then flashed the firmware of a G998B onto it. the settings show was G998B but the license still works. it should still work for you
    Thank you very much that's exactly what i wanted to know.
    I purchased it again
    Hi I get invalid action code after I did rom update from decrypted to encrypted.
    I tried my google transaction ID
    Still not working
    Thanks guys love the app 👍👍
    Please send me your google play order number. I'll refund you if it's the same device. Thank you.
    Please send me your google play order number. I'll refund you if it's the same device. Thank you.
    All good mate 👍👍 donation.👍👍
    Yeah it's same device.
    Maybe next time if I have trouble👍
    Thanks so much for your reply.
    Love the app keep up the awesome work
    Working great on S24U
    Hey man I really appreciate your work, I actually have the donation version.

Is there any way you can implement percentages lower than 80% for battery protection charge limit?
    Thanks.

Unfortunately, it's only possible on rooted Samsung device. It's actually already implemented.
    View attachment 5689911View attachment 5689913View attachment 5689915

About this app:

Refresh Rate Mods
    • Change default refresh rates
      -Easily change the overall refresh rate settings of devices supporting multiple refresh rates.
      -Set supported mid refresh rates as the maximum refresh rate limit for battery savings (e.g. 96hz instead of 120Hz).
      -Quick settings shortcut
      -tasker plugin support.

• Motion smoothness mode switcher(Normal, Adaptive or High)***
      -Set you device motion smoothness mode to stationary refresh rates (high mode) for better smoothness if so desired on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness with a little trade-off to the battery.
      -Apply adaptive mod on device that don't natively support adaptive mode [premium]
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Per-app refresh rate settings:
      Set different refresh rate settings for every app either adaptive or fixed(stationary) [premium].

• Motion smoothness on power saving mode (not working to all devices with OneUI4.**+, test first). ***
      -GMH will apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode (PSM) on supported Samsung smartphones.
      -Automatically apply workaround when PSM is enabled [premium]
    Need extra steps on Note20U starting OneUI4.* except when rooted with magisk and using lsposed. Test it first
    Screen-off Mods:
    • Force to Lowest Hz: Force the lowest refresh rate on screen-off or Always-On Display(AOD). This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since OneUI3.0) to improve standby power consumption a bit.
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Auto disable Autosync***

• Quick-doze mod
      -
      Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion [premium].***
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround)
      -Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked to help minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.
      -Tasker plug-in support

- Supports up to OneUI4.1 only (api blocked in OneUI5)

Others
    • Battery protection mod (Experimental)
      -Option to set maximum charge to 86%-95%(for OneUI4+)[premium]

• Quick resolution switcher
      -Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***
      -Tasker plugin support

Caution!! Be careful on applying CQHD+ on Note20Ultra with OneUI4.* - it causes the UI to shrink after reboot or long sleep that causes difficulty on entering the lockscreen.

• Customizable refresh rate monitor
      -
      Use statusbar or overlay which you can place anywhere on screen.
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Net speed statusbar indicator

OneUI inspired UI. Dynamic theme and Icon. Manual language selection

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis (not per user).

***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery usage p is very negligible .[/TD]

Info:
    This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

If google play protect will prompt during install that the app is built for older version of android and doesn't include the latest privacy protections, you can ignore it and proceed to the installation. For privacy related concern, please refer to FAQ No. 3.

Download|InstallationNotes|Changelogs

CAUTION!!! SOMEONE IS TRYING TO TAMPER THIS APP AND FILL IT WITH TROJAN. DON'T DOWNLOAD ELSEWHERE
    Github wiki (Please read before posting questions)

Localization/Translations

Contributors
    Italian: @Orlaf
    German:devj3ns, drbeat
    Russian: @a43
    Swedish:Steffe2
    Turkish: osmanakar312
    Greek: Nick
    Spanish: @Sebastiansm
    Czech: Chrono Leggionaire
    Simplified Chinese: xiaolu7233123
    French: Jaxom84
    Polish: Pichulec
    Korean: chicking86, 최운택
    Lithuanian: @Klaudas
    If you want to contribute on translations, please send me a message.

Changelogs:

Try to clear data of this app if you encounter issues after update.
    Please report any bug that persist. Thank you.

Please check here for the latest changelogs

Previous changelogs (old app)

v5.40
    - Fixed landscape orientation layout bug and other layout improvements
    - Added support for Note 20 Ultra Non-5G models (all features)

v5.26
    - Fixed disabled "High/Fixed Motion Smoothness Mode" switcher on Galaxy Z Fold 2. You should be able to use this function now in Z Fold 2.
    - Fixed force close bug on Galaxy Z Fold 2
    -Fixed missing resolution label for Galaxy S20 series
    - Other code clean up

v5.20
    - Qs tiles for refresh rate control and resolution switcher now have dynamic icons. Better visibility for partially expanded notification panel.
    - Added high/fixed refresh rate mode/option for Galaxy Note20 Ultra and Z Fold2. If enabled, the device will be set to 'High Motion Smoothness' mode and refresh rates will behave like the Galaxy S20 series.

v5.00
    - Added support for Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra and S20FE. Resolution switcher is not applicable to S20 FE.
    - Renamed app to Galaxy Max Hz

v4.00
    -Added 'Resolution - Motion Smoothness Mode' switcher (button and qs tile). Switch resolution and motion smoothness mode anytime even on medium power saving mode. This specific function requires ADB.

v3.00
    - Changed overlay display FPS to screen refresh rate (Hz)
    - Refresh rate monitor now switches color to red if 60hz or below and to green if above 60hz
    - Added toggle switch for refresh rate monitor on app's home screen

v2.00
    - The 3-way toggle button and quick settings (qs) tile are now aware if the current Motion Smoothness mode is set to Adaptive or not. If not, they will show 'Standard' and will open the display settings when clicked
    - The switch for the FPS monitor overlay is moved to a new qs tile. You can now turn the FPS monitor ON/OFF anywhere without opening the app.
    - Changed text color of fps monitor from red to green. Green color has the longest lifespan in amoled, so lesser chance of amoled burn.

v1.00 Initial release

If you want to get GMH Premium features and/or support GMH development but paypal is not available in your place, you can use Google Play Store.
    Just download GMH Donation app from Google Play Store.

Note: The price might be slightly higher due to the relatively higher tax imposed on play store.
    Apologies for being inactive in the past weeks due to some medical/family reasons.
    I will still be inactive in the next 1 or 2 weeks.
    Thank you for understanding.
    GMH_v7.14.16 in-app update now available:
    -fixed bug: unable to turn off accessibility when no feature requiring such is enabled
    -experimental workaround for enabling Adaptive/High refresh rate on PSM on OneUi4.0
    -other bug fixes
    v7.12.20 in-app update is now available. :)
    - Fixed intermittent bugs:
    - Power saving mode on screen-off: PSM not turning off back on screen on.
    - Turn-off autosync on screen off: autosync not turning on back on screen on