• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods and More)

Search This thread

advaitah

Sep 28, 2021
Hi, first of all thanks a lot for this wonderful app, the adaptive refresh rate has easily extended the battery life of my phone and Tab by 2-3 years and now it's an actual joy to use.

I have a Galaxy Watch Active 2 (SM - R820) and I was using the camera controller app on the watch to take some pics. Problem is when I exited that app, my phone remained on 60 HZ. Had to go to GMH, toggle "enable motion smoothness" off and on for the adaptive refresh rate to work again. (Prevent switching to high mode was toggled off)

Obviously this is a very niche case and I really don't mind going to the app and clicking on the toggle everytime I use camera controller, but I was wondering if you could do something about it.

GMH - 7.14.13
SM - G985F
One UI - 3.1
One UI Watch - 2.0
Tizen - 5.5.0.2

Again thanks for all the hard work!

Wael007

Feb 26, 2016
When I select cQHD+ .... Display settings say that my resolution is HD+ (3180*1431). Is that normal ? Thank you

a_tumiwa

Jul 16, 2014
i havent used this, to all users who have experienced using this app, estimation how much this app save your battery usage by percentage?

Wawax

Jun 12, 2016
Paris
i havent used this, to all users who have experienced using this app, estimation how much this app save your battery usage by percentage?
To be completely honest this app save more battery during idle of the phone than in pure usage of phone
I can't see a real difference but maybe i'm doing wrong with the setup of the app i would love that someone help me to configure the app well i buy the premium version by the way

charlieboymusic

Sep 27, 2021
Just a little update. I submitted a PayPal dispute after the Premium activation didn't work. Instead of helping me to get this to work, I was instead called a liar. Just know that if you have any issues with the Premium version of this app, the developer will not go out of his way to help you.

charlieboymusic

Sep 27, 2021
Just a little update. I submitted a PayPal dispute after the Premium activation didn't work. Instead of helping me to get this to work, I was instead called a liar. Just know that if you have any issues with the Premium version of this app, the developer will not go out of his way to help you.
FYI, I'm willing to give this developer their money back if they can actually help to fix the issue.

ubelai

Dec 3, 2012
Hello.

I've recently reset my device and and going off the email I received when I first opted for premium advises me to press the 3 dots on the top right corner to re-activate my premium using the special code provided in the email.

However, I've noticed after recent updates that the option to reactivate is no longer an option.

Am I supposed to purchase another premium despite having the same device being reset?

###EDIT:###
Oddly after numerous restarts, cache and data clears, the options finally re-appeared in the app. Issue rectified.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    screenshot_20210316-052014_galaxy-max-hz-jpg.5251193

About this app:
    • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates (e.g. note20 ultra, s20/S20+/S20Ultra, z fold 2, s21/s21+/s21Ultra, tab S7/S7+, z fold 3, z flip 3). This app can limit max refresh rate to 96hz (or any available refresh rate) on supported smartphones - you can save power with negligible difference on smoothness. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Switch to High: Option to use High(Fixed) motion smoothness mode on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness***

Current Samsung smartphones natively supporting adaptive refresh rates:
      • Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
      • Galaxy Z Fold 2
      • Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra
      • Galaxy Z Flip 3
      • Galaxy Z Fold 3

• Refresh Rate Monitor: Observe how multiple refresh rates work on your device. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***

• Quick High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: Easily switch to high or adaptive motion smoothness mode (from Standard) even on power saving mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Tasker plugin support: Automate GMH settings using the app's Tasker plugin support. Supported actions/variables: Max Refresh Rate, Keep Motion Smoothness on PSM, Motion Smoothness Mode, Quick-doze Mod, Change Screen Resolution. (new in v7.10). More info in FAQs below.

Premium Features:

• Keep High/Adaptive motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled whether manually or by the system/adaptive power saving***

• Adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the stock Adaptive motion smoothness (e.g. S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+) with the ability to set the brightness threshold for its activation***

• Quick-doze mod: Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion ***

• Set minimum refresh rate for adaptive mode to 60hz or lower (if available)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround):
      Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked. This helps minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks.

• Statusbar net speed indicator

• 7-day Premium Trial is available. Just click "Activate Premium|Trial" button and activate free trial when prompted.

Note: Ad-free license is on a per device basis.

***these marked features require a one-time ADB setup (this is not root)

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup. Just ignore the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time.

Download link, FAQs, Bug Reporting and more info in original xda thread.

But I am working on working around this limitation. :)
    Update: After spending some hours of research and tests, I think I now have a workaround to mimic adaptive refresh rate behavior for devices with high refresh rates like S20s. Not 100% perfect but seems working well.
    Currently only N20ultra, TabS7 and S21 series have adaptive refresh rates.
    But I am working on working around this limitation. :)
    v6.62.25 now up! :)
    - Fixed crash when opening some apps in Secured Folder
    - Minor improvements on adaptive mod
    v6.62.10 changes:
    - Fixed intermittent bug on restoring power mode settings on screen-on when using quick power-doze mod

I am getting crashes after latest update. Mostly when I switch between normal apps and apps in secure folder. The app has stopped and it closes.
    Now that I did the thing with the adb I have the same problem. Small screen flash when the rate changes.
    Yes, because you are in adaptive mode now. Adaptive is working but not the high mode. I will push an update to fix this soon.