[App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods and More)

Search This thread

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Hello.
I am using S20+ Japanese variant SC-52A (NTT Docomo version, SM-G986D).
I am trying to apply cQHD and higher refresh rate, but it seems that S20+ Profiles are not loaded, even after "Reload profile".
Root permission is allowed to this app and also I did adb setup, just for sure to grant necessary permission.
Is there any other necessary process for using custom resolution and refresh rate, like modding model number?
Thank you for your attention.

Added this model with OneUI3.0 to backend. Pls. try again.

Reactions: feliquitous

feliquitous

May 20, 2022
Added this model with OneUI3.0 to backend. Pls. try again.
I really appreciate your swift response and update! Now I am able to apply custom settings.

I'm not sure how many people are using this app on Japanese variant, but this may be of some help to you or
any other users, so here is the model name table of Japanese version.
* Model name description in actual phones for au KDDI may be different from this. I don't have ones and not checked.

ModelsNTT Docomoau KDDI
S20SC-51ASCG01
S20+SC-52ASCG02
S20 Ultran/aSCG03
Note20 UltraSC-53ASCG06
S21SC-51BSCG09
S21+n/aSCG10
S21 UltraSC-52Bn/a
Z Fold 2n/aSCG05
Z Fold 3SC-55BSCG11
Z Flip 3SC-54BSCG12

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220523-184138_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    Screenshot_20220523-184138_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: tribalfs

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
I really appreciate your swift response and update! Now I am able to apply custom settings.

I'm not sure how many people are using this app on Japanese variant, but this may be of some help to you or
any other users, so here is the model name table of Japanese version.
* Model name description in actual phones for au KDDI may be different from this. I don't have ones and not checked.

ModelsNTT Docomoau KDDI
S20SC-51ASCG01
S20+SC-52ASCG02
S20 Ultran/aSCG03
Note20 UltraSC-53ASCG06
S21SC-51BSCG09
S21+n/aSCG10
S21 UltraSC-52Bn/a
Z Fold 2n/aSCG05
Z Fold 3SC-55BSCG11
Z Flip 3SC-54BSCG12
Thanks. This is good.

cricriadi

Jan 24, 2016
Hi, I'm not sure what's causing this as I've added exception in battery usage and memory but in the middle of the night the feature stops working and I wake up having to change from standard to adaptive and then high refresh rate, any fix for that?

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Hi, I'm not sure what's causing this as I've added exception in battery usage and memory but in the middle of the night the feature stops working and I wake up having to change from standard to adaptive and then high refresh rate, any fix for that?
Hi! Are you triggering power saving mode while the screen is off?

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
No, it's always disabled
I mean other than gmh.
Like turning on power saving when batt % is below certain level
or enabled adaptive power saving which can trigger while screen is off?
Someone has recently reported to me the same case. I can confirm that this can cause the adaptive on PSM workaround not to work since the app is configured to be at sleep while the screen is off to save as much battery. It's unable to listen to the power mode change of the device and apply the adaptive on PSM workaround. I am now looking for a workaround for this case.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1jkan and cricriadi

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
v7.14.55 in-app update
-Fix for refresh rate sometimes not going up immediately after exiting keyboard

Reactions: 1jkan

Wawax

Jun 12, 2016
Paris
Hello all I have a weird issue when my phone start or sometimes randomly during the day the app open twice google maps and I noticed when i switch gmh on and off the maps issue take place

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Hello all I have a weird issue when my phone start or sometimes randomly during the day the app open twice google maps and I noticed when i switch gmh on and off the maps issue take place
It's normal if you setup power saving mode to be automatically enabled (like when using bixby routine or adaptive power saving) - when it's triggered while the device screen is off, GMH does the google maps trick automatically when you unlock the phone to enable 120Hz on PSM.

Reactions: Wawax

Wawax

Jun 12, 2016
Paris
It's normal if you setup power saving mode to be automatically enabled (like when using bixby routine or adaptive power saving) - when it's triggered while the device screen is off, GMH does the google maps trick automatically when you unlock the phone to enable 120Hz on PSM.
Okay thank you
So if I want to keep adaptive RR i don't have other choice to let the Google map trick happen?

cricriadi

Jan 24, 2016
I mean other than gmh.
Someone has recently reported to me the same case. I can confirm that this can cause the adaptive on PSM workaround not to work since the app is configured to be at sleep while the screen is off to save as much battery. It's unable to listen to the power mode change of the device and apply the adaptive on PSM workaround. I am now looking for a workaround for this case.
I disabled adaptive power saving then, but the issue still persists, now even during day time the feature stops working and i have to manualy set it to high mode

1jkan

Jul 16, 2012
I mean other than gmh.
I have the same. At night, the Energy Saving Mode turns on automatically, and in the morning it turns off automatically. And in the morning it turns out that GMH is switched from Adapitive to Standard and I have to manually switch to Adaptive.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
I have the same. At night, the Energy Saving Mode turns on automatically, and in the morning it turns off automatically. And in the morning it turns out that GMH is switched from Adapitive to Standard and I have to manually switch to Adaptive.
I think that's how stock behavior is on S20. GMH does not intervene when the system turns off PSM.

1jkan

Jul 16, 2012
I have completely resigned from the Energy Saving Mode. However, I turned on Adaptive battery saving (in smartphone settings) and everything works great. Tkank you!

ShinobiDimSum

Nov 15, 2021
I had this app for a long time on my S20FE, which is now used as my work phone daily. Running adaptive mode in the app with the phones own battery saver turned on. But now, adaptive mode just fails to work with the phones battery saver turned on. It goes back to adaptive 60 and stays on 60. I tried the Google maps trick but nothing.

Unless there's a fix, this is me saying goodbye to the app. I wasted so much time to get it working with battery saver turned on. It just doesn't work anymore.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who are interested to try/test. Major changes are made to this version including the added per-app settings and separate min max hz settings for power saving mode. Completely redesigned (OneUI inspired). Still on Alpha - unexpected behaviors may occur. Clearing app data is required after installing if you are coming from v7.*.
    Thank you.

gridart_20220121_203251929x-jpg.5514313

About this app:
    • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates (e.g. note20 ultra, s20/S20+/S20Ultra, z fold 2, s21/s21+/s21Ultra, tab S7/S7+, z fold 3, z flip 3). This app can limit max refresh rate to 96hz (or any available refresh rate) on supported smartphones - you can save power with negligible difference on smoothness. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Force High: Option to use High(Fixed) motion smoothness mode on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness***.

• Refresh Rate Monitor: Show real-time screen refresh rate as statusbar icon and/or as overlay. Overlay size and location is adjustable. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***

• Quick High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: Easily switch to high or adaptive motion smoothness mode (from Standard) even on power saving mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***
      Note: Stopped working (blocked by system) on S20 series updated to OneUI4.*.
      Update: Google maps workaround implemented in v7.14.51

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Tasker plugin support: Automate GMH settings with Tasker app. Supported actions/variables: max refresh rate, min refresh rate, keep smooth motion on PSM, motion smoothness mode, quick-doze mod, change dispaly resolution, auto sensors off. More info in FAQs below

Premium Features:

• Keep High/Adaptive motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled whether manually or by the system/adaptive power saving***
      Note: Stopped working (blocked by system) on S20 series updated to OneUI4.*
      Update: Google maps workaround implemented in v7.14.51

• Adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the stock Adaptive motion smoothness (incuding the Galaxy S20 series,) with the ability to set the brightness threshold for its activation***

• Quick-doze mod: Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion ***

• Override default minimum refresh rate for adaptive to lower value(if supported)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Auto turn off Autosync: Turn off autosync settings while the screen is off.

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround):
      Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked. This helps minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.

• Statusbar net speed indicator

• 7-day Premium Trial is available. Just click "Activate Premium|Trial" button and activate free trial when prompted.

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis.
    ***these marked features require a one-time ADB setup (this is not root)

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

Download
    Latest stable (v7.14.58)
    v8.0.0-alpha

Please read FAQs, changelogs and more information here (specially before asking questions or reporting bugs).

v7.14.17 in-app update now available
    -Auto sensors off workaround for OneUI4.0
    -Fixed bug: setting min hz for adaptive (%lhz) usingTasker not working
    -Fixed bug: unable to turn off accessibility when no feature requiring such is enabled
    -experimental workaround for enabling Adaptive/High refresh rate on PSM on OneUI4.0 (may not work on some)
    - other stability fixes
    But I am working on working around this limitation. :)
    Update: After spending some hours of research and tests, I think I now have a workaround to mimic adaptive refresh rate behavior for devices with high refresh rates like S20s. Not 100% perfect but seems working well.
    For those who are interested to try/test. Major changes are made to this version including the added per-app settings and separate min max hz settings for power saving mode. Completely redesigned (OneUI inspired). Still on Alpha - unexpected behaviors may occur. Clearing app data is required after installing if you are coming from v7.*.
    Thank you.

v6.62.25 now up! :)
    - Fixed crash when opening some apps in Secured Folder
    - Minor improvements on adaptive mod
    v6.62.10 changes:
    - Fixed intermittent bug on restoring power mode settings on screen-on when using quick power-doze mod

I am getting crashes after latest update. Mostly when I switch between normal apps and apps in secure folder. The app has stopped and it closes.