[App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods and More)

Search This thread

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
For those who are interested to try/test. Major changes are made to this version including the added per-app settings and separate min max hz settings for power saving mode. Completely redesigned (OneUI inspired). Still on Alpha - unexpected behaviors may occur. Clearing app data is required after installing if you are coming from v7.*.
Thank you.

huyhung411991

Jun 10, 2014
For those who are interested to try/test. Major changes are made to this version including the added per-app settings and separate min max hz settings for power saving mode. Completely redesigned (OneUI inspired). Still on Alpha - unexpected behaviors may occur. Clearing app data is required after installing if you are coming from v7.*.
Thank you.
Hi. Once again thank you for your great work.
I would like to ask if CQHD+ will be back on v8, as it's not available right now on latest beta4 (SM-G986N).

Reactions: cricriadi

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Would like to report a bug on the latest v8.0beta4. Galaxy S20 ultra.

For some reason, after a few minutes of use I have an issue where my notification panel draws itself intermittently ...
I believe you turned-on Auto Sensors Off - quickly opening the notification panel every time the phone is unlocked is an expected behavior if Auto Sensors Off is turned on. You can check more info in the Auto Sensors Off info and FAQs.

...to the point I cannot do anything on my phone...
Please provide more specifics/details on this ? We need more info that would help us replicate it.
Thank you.

Last edited:

ubelai

Dec 3, 2012
I believe you turned-on Auto Sensors Off - quickly opening the notification panel every time the phone is unlocked is an expected behavior if Auto Sensors Off is turned on. You can check more info in the Auto Sensors Off info and FAQs.

Please provide more specifics/details on this ? We need more info that would help us replicate it.
Thank you.
I’ll have to give it a go, but because I uninstalled and am away from any internet and/or ADB ability, I will have to do it later in the day.

Basically, my notification panel was persistently scrolling down completely open after all apps launched. From this point on I could not do anything with my phone - open settings, apps, anything, because my notification panel was holding itself open.

It behaved like a glitched/damaged screen would, with the panel shooting up and down quickly and randomly.

But looking forward to another attempt at v8 🙂 hopefully I can hotspot on someone where I’m at so I can adb earlier haha!

I also recall previously being able to connect to my own phones hotspot via WiFi, through an app like PdaNet+, with one of my previous devices.

Reactions: tribalfs

Custom40

Aug 5, 2010
Installed the app for the first time yesterday, went for the latest beta, 20 mins later and you got my donation.

No idea how stable it is in the long run but nonetheless I appreciate the effort you put into this.

ubelai

Dec 3, 2012
I’ll have to give it a go, but because I uninstalled and am away from any internet and/or ADB ability, I will have to do it later in the day.

Basically, my notification panel was persistently scrolling down completely open after all apps launched. From this point on I could not do anything with my phone - open settings, apps, anything, because my notification panel was holding itself open.

It behaved like a glitched/damaged screen would, with the panel shooting up and down quickly and randomly.

But looking forward to another attempt at v8 🙂 hopefully I can hotspot on someone where I’m at so I can adb earlier haha!

I also recall previously being able to connect to my own phones hotspot via WiFi, through an app like PdaNet+, with one of my previous devices.

Edit:

After reinstallation of the newest beta, I can say the issue is no longer present from preventing the use of the Auto Sensors Off function.

Loving the option of per app scalability too, as I used maps often while appearing on top of other apps.

Your work has definitely been one of the most worthy of donations for me, props to you for bringing this ability to our devices! 😃

cricriadi

Jan 24, 2016
Will the cqhd+ option come any time soon? Or should I just revert to the v7?
The ui is lovely and I'm a fan of the new battery protection mod

Capricieux

Feb 28, 2021
I'm not good at English.
I have a question about how can you activate 48hz on adaptive refresh rate setting?
I've no idea because it works only 60hz ,96hz to 120hz on this mode.

1jkan

Jul 16, 2012
What's the difference between Battery Saving Mode and Quick-doze Mode?

Last edited:

1jkan

Jul 16, 2012
Ok. The question is no longer valid. I read in other threads and understood.

creatinemonster

Aug 17, 2022
Great app, just found out about it and paid for premium.

Just one issue, I can't find the cQHD profile in the app, only default ones.

S20+ North American Snap Dragon Variant, latest One UI.

Reactions: danyboy2502

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    screenshot_20220819-154719_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689911
    screenshot_20220819-154703_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689913
    screenshot_20220819-154652_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689915

About this app:

Refresh Rate Mods

• Change default refresh rates
      -Easily change the overall refresh rate settings of devices supporting multiple refresh rates.
      -Set supported mid refresh rates as the maximum refresh rate limit for battery savings (e.g. 96hz instead of 120Hz).
      -Quick settings shortcut
      -tasker plugin support.

• Motion smoothness mode switcher(Normal, Adaptive or High)***
      -Apply adaptive mod on device that don't natively support adaptive mode [premium]
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Per-app refresh rate settings:
      Set different refresh rate settings for every app either adaptive or fixed(stationary) [premium].

• Motion smoothness on power saving mode (not working to all devices with OneUI4.**+, test first). ***
      -GMH will apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode (PSM) on supported Samsung smartphones.
      -Automatically apply workaround when PSM is enabled [premium]

Note: Stopped working (blocked by system) on S20 series updated to OneUI4.*.
      Update: Google maps workaround implemented in v7.14.51

Screen-off Mods:
    • Force to Lowest Hz: Force the lowest refresh rate on screen-off or Always-On Display(AOD). This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since OneUI3.0) to improve standby power consumption a bit.
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Auto disable Autosync***

• Quick-doze mod
      -
      Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion [premium].***
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround)
      -Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked to help minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.
      -Tasker plug-in support
    Others
    • Battery protection mod (Experimental)
      -Option to set maximum charge to 86%-95%(for OneUI4+)[premium]

• Quick resolution switcher
      -Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***
      -Tasker plugin support
      Caution!! Be careful on applying CQHD+ on S20 series with OneUI4.* - it causes the UI to shrink after reboot or long sleep that causes difficulty on entering the lockscreen.

• Customizable refresh rate monitor
      -
      Use statusbar or overlay which you can place anywhere on screen.
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Net speed statusbar indicator
    OneUI inspired UI. Dynamic theme and Icon. Manual language selection

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis (not per user).

***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery usage p is very negligible .

Info:
    This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

If google play protect will prompt during install that the app is built for older version of android and doesn't include the latest privacy protections, you can ignore it and proceed to the installation. For privacy related concern, please refer to FAQ No. 3.

Download
    v8.0.0
    v7.14.58

Changelogs
    Github wiki (Please read specially before asking questions or reporting bugs)

v7.14.17 in-app update now available
    -Auto sensors off workaround for OneUI4.0
    -Fixed bug: setting min hz for adaptive (%lhz) usingTasker not working
    -Fixed bug: unable to turn off accessibility when no feature requiring such is enabled
    -experimental workaround for enabling Adaptive/High refresh rate on PSM on OneUI4.0 (may not work on some)
    - other stability fixes
    But I am working on working around this limitation. :)
    Update: After spending some hours of research and tests, I think I now have a workaround to mimic adaptive refresh rate behavior for devices with high refresh rates like S20s. Not 100% perfect but seems working well.
    v6.62.25 now up! :)
    - Fixed crash when opening some apps in Secured Folder
    - Minor improvements on adaptive mod
    v6.62.10 changes:
    - Fixed intermittent bug on restoring power mode settings on screen-on when using quick power-doze mod

I am getting crashes after latest update. Mostly when I switch between normal apps and apps in secure folder. The app has stopped and it closes.
    Now that I did the thing with the adb I have the same problem. Small screen flash when the rate changes.
    Yes, because you are in adaptive mode now. Adaptive is working but not the high mode. I will push an update to fix this soon.