[App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods and More)

Search This thread

kiltel

Feb 21, 2012
I purchased the app today. S20FE works ok. The only drawback is a slight difference in screen brightness when automatically switching the frequency from 120Hz to 60Hz in low light. However, it is not very bothersome.

My app is stuck on boot screen after v8.00.9 update , help
Screenshot_20221022-095850_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
This version 8.0.0.9 is very buggy, sometimes premium activation disappears all together and you have to wipe data and open app again to restore adaptive settings.
Is it possible to downgrade to the more stable previous version & still keep premium activation?
That's strange.
Can you message me your activation code and device model.
Thank you.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Reactions: andohjnr

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Great app, thank You !
Ony issue is it doesnt work while power saving is on..any solution please ?
You can try the following:
tribalfs said:
(1) Doing a dummy video call to any number using the native video calling app (unfortunately, availability is based on the telco/sim support) or
(2) Connecting and disconnecting to an external display using Smart View or Samsung Dex
Not the most convenient but this maybe useful for some.

It's not working on mine after I updated to android 13. Don't know what to do..☹️
there is some workaround using DEX on your PC. You have to set adaptive mode + adaptive in PSM in your Galaxy Max HZ. then connect your device to DEX. Once the screen is shared, disconnect the cable. The workaround is temporay though so this has to be repeated from time to time. Like for me, after 5 days, I opened discord and sudenly it stopped working.

Harambe7

Dec 6, 2022
there is some workaround using DEX on your PC. You have to set adaptive mode + adaptive in PSM in your Galaxy Max HZ. then connect your device to DEX. Once the screen is shared, disconnect the cable. The workaround is temporay though so this has to be repeated from time to time. Like for me, after 5 days, I opened discord and sudenly it stopped working.
Adaptive mode works normally, but doesn't work with PSM after android 13 update.
Opening Google maps doesn't work to restore adaptive in PSM.
Anyone with a more permanent or easier workaround?
I changed phone resolution from FHD+ to HD and back to FHD and somehow adaptive/high refresh rate start working while on battery life saver mode. Can you check if u can do this too?
(Android 13)

I changed phone resolution from FHD+ to HD and back to FHD and somehow adaptive/high refresh rate start working while on battery life saver mode. Can you check if u can do this too?
(Android 13)
I did what you asked & it didn't work. The Adaptive mode is buggy on Android 13. Currently the Refresh Rate is stuck on 120Hz though I've selected Adaptive. I've done everything it's not responding. It's performance is abit erratic now on Android 13.

Harambe7

Dec 6, 2022
I did what you asked & it didn't work. The Adaptive mode is buggy on Android 13. Currently the Refresh Rate is stuck on 120Hz though I've selected Adaptive. I've done everything it's not responding. It's performance is abit erratic now on Android 13.
Thats weird, its somehow working on my phone. I forgot to mention that i have 5g snap version. And you?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    screenshot_20220819-154719_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689911
    screenshot_20220819-154703_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689913
    screenshot_20220819-154652_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689915

About this app:

Refresh Rate Mods

• Change default refresh rates
      -Easily change the overall refresh rate settings of devices supporting multiple refresh rates.
      -Set supported mid refresh rates as the maximum refresh rate limit for battery savings (e.g. 96hz instead of 120Hz).
      -Quick settings shortcut
      -tasker plugin support.

• Motion smoothness mode switcher(Normal, Adaptive or High)***
      -Apply adaptive mod on device that don't natively support adaptive mode [premium]
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Per-app refresh rate settings:
      Set different refresh rate settings for every app either adaptive or fixed(stationary) [premium].

• Motion smoothness on power saving mode (not working to all devices with OneUI4.**+, test first). ***
      -GMH will apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode (PSM) on supported Samsung smartphones.
      -Automatically apply workaround when PSM is enabled [premium]

Note: Stopped working (blocked by system) on S20 series updated to OneUI4.*.
      Update: Google maps workaround implemented in v7.14.51
      Update: OneUi5.0 completely fixed the bug on Google maps that allows the app bypass 60Hz limit. Check app for possible extra steps that are reportedly remains working

Screen-off Mods:
    • Force to Lowest Hz: Force the lowest refresh rate on screen-off or Always-On Display(AOD). This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since OneUI3.0) to improve standby power consumption a bit.
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Auto disable Autosync***

• Quick-doze mod
      -
      Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion [premium].***
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround)
      -Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked to help minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.
      -Tasker plug-in support
    Others
    • Battery protection mod (Experimental)
      -Option to set maximum charge to 86%-95%(for OneUI4+)[premium]

• Quick resolution switcher
      -Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***
      -Tasker plugin support

• Customizable refresh rate monitor
      -
      Use statusbar or overlay which you can place anywhere on screen.
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Net speed statusbar indicator
    OneUI inspired UI. Dynamic theme and Icon. Manual language selection

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis (not per user).

***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery usage p is very negligible .

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

Download
    v8.0.0
    v7.14.58

Changelogs
    Github wiki

I think that I found a way to use psm + 120hz. Be sure to have the max hz psm toggle on and one ui (4) psm on as well, then open and close Google maps.
    v6.60 is now up! :) - you can check this update in the app.
    Includes a working adaptive refresh rate mod for S20 series, S20FE and other Samsung devices with multiple refresh rates.
    I hope you'll understand if it's only for ad-free for now.
    You can test it using the 7-day ad-free trial! :)

v6.60
    • Experimental Adaptive refresh rate mod working for Samsung devices supporting multiple refresh rates (e.g. S20/S20+/S20Ultra,S20FE) (only available for Ad-free)
    • Quick power-doze mod: Automatic power saving mode and quick doze mode on screen-off (only available for Ad-free)
    • 7-day ad-free trial is available for you to test. Just click "Activate Ad-free" button and click "More info" on the snackbar prompt that will appear.
    7.00.30 in-app update now up! :)

- Bug fixes
    v7.00.changes
    - `Keep motion smoothness on power saving mode` will now take effect immediately after toggle
    - Filter what resolutions to include in the screen resolution switcher
    - Power saving mode and deep-doze are now separate options under screen-off mods
    - Adaptive or high motion smoothness on CQHD+ resolution now sticks after reboot.
    -Adjustments on doze mode to prevent it from being interrupted by significant motion. This should improve doze performance when the device is constantly in pocket or in motion.
    - Additional doze option with no maintenance window added

*Note For S20 FE, to add HD+ resolution, just clear app data and open app while connected to internet.
    Yes, I am using v6.63.10 One UI 3.1 S20FE 5G.
    Just tested again on both YouTube and Netflix (full screen video), same behaviour on both...when a notication is received the refresh rate goes high and stays high even after the notication is cleared or auto clears itself. Also, it seems that the refresh rate only changes or goes low again after pressing the home button otherwise it stays at the highest frequency.
    Note: I have enabled "Show refresh rate" in developer option to see this behaviour and I've cleared app data after installing this update.
    EDIT: this issue does not happen in v6.62.25 - grabbed this version from XDA
    Just downloaded v6.63.10 from the main xda thread (downloaded v6.62.25 yesterday) and tested again...now the refresh rate is changing as expected 😀 not sure why the issue occurred with the update even after wiping app data?
    Thanks again