• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods and More)

Search This thread

chirogan

Thanks for this. Pushing this app as i highly appreciate continuous improvement of the app. Recently updated to 7.12.20 and went back to using the Power saving Mode. I stopped using it when i noticed that the messenger chat alerts doesnt push through when screen is locked. Im still checking if this was really fixed but its a great thing to see it in the changelogs!

Reactions: tribalfs

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
v7.13.00 in-app update now up.

tribalfs said:
v7.13
Anti-flicker: added minimum brightness threshold for Adaptive mod similar to the native one. When the device's display brightness falls below the set minimum brightness threshold, adaptive mod will pause and will resume once the brightness increases again above the threshold. This is for devices who are experiencing flickers when refresh rate switches at certain low brightness level.
Stability and bug fixes

Reactions: chirogan

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
v7.14.10 in-app update now available :)

-48hz on force lowest on screen off/AOD now works on S20/+/Ultra on any refresh rate mode
-improvements on brightness threshold for adaptive mod performance(anti-flicker)
-added quick settings tille to toggle min hz for adaptive mod on supported devices
-added tasker option to toggle min hz for adaptive mod on supported devices
-other fixes

v7.14
Added Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround): Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked. With tasker support so you can enable and disable this setting on the conditions you set.

Reactions: h_maharaj

mark118

Nov 8, 2013
v7.14.10 in-app update now available :)

-48hz on force lowest on screen off/AOD now works on S20/+/Ultra on any refresh rate mode
-improvements on brightness threshold for adaptive mod performance(anti-flicker)
-added quick settings tille to toggle min hz for adaptive mod on supported devices
-added tasker option to toggle min hz for adaptive mod on supported devices
-other fixes

v7.14
Added Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround): Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked. With tasker support so you can enable and disable this setting on the conditions you set.
Hey tribalfs thanks for the app,

When I use the auto sensors off, the camera says failed to open when I try to unlock the phone, I guess this is intended as the camera is turned off?

Also the quick panel button for sensors off always pushes its self to the 4th position even if I drag it to the back position is this just the cost of using the setting?

It's a a52s sm-a528b on 7.14.12 premium. I reloaded the profiles and did the adb.

Thanks

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Hey tribalfs thanks for the app,

When I use the auto sensors off, the camera says failed to open when I try to unlock the phone, I guess this is intended as the camera is turned off?
Pls check related info (icon) in the app.

Also the quick panel button for sensors off always pushes its self to the 4th position even if I drag it to the back position is this just the cost of using the setting?

It's a a52s sm-a528b on 7.14.12 premium. I reloaded the profiles and did the adb.

Thanks
Please see below
  • Why is it that when I enable Auto SENSORS OFF, the notification panels gets expanded very quickly every time I unlock the device ?
    Since the api behind android's SENSORS OFF feature is highly restricted and inaccessible by 3rd party on stock roms, GMH's Auto SENSORS OFF option is implemented using touch simulations on the Sensors Off tile which require the notification panel to be expanded when switching this tile on and off. Thus, requiring to put the SENSORS OFF tile within the first 4 positions.

• Can you make Auto SENSORS OFF deactivate when the screen turns on instead of device unlock so that it deactivates immediately when receiving calls?
    Unfortunately not possible on stock. This android feature is restricted not to be turned-off with locked screen.
    undefined

mark118

Nov 8, 2013
I am having an issue with chrome and gboard with galaxy max hz installed, gboard keyboard opens and then closes instantly if I open a new tab, but is fine if I click the url bar on an existing tab.

If I uninstall galaxy max hz the problem goes away, when I reinstall the problem is still gone until I allow the accessibility service then problem comes back

this does not happen with samsung keyboard or ms swiftkey.

Is this something wrong with gboard or something with the accessibility service?

a52s sm-a528b on 7.14.13 premium

Thanks

mark118

Nov 8, 2013
Pls check related info (icon) in the app.

Please see below
Also in chrome I get an error when a site asks for permission like camera or location saying to turn bubbles or overlays off, these also disappear when I uninstall galaxy max Hz

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210926-235044_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210926-235044_Chrome.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About this app:
    • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates even on power saving mode (e.g. note20 ultra, s20/S20+/S20Ultra, z fold 2, s21/s21+/s21Ultra, tab S7/S7+, A52, A72). This app can limit max refresh rate to 96hz (or any available refresh rate) on supported smartphones - you can save power with negligible difference on smoothness. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Switch to High: Option to use High(Fixed) motion smoothness mode on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness***

Current Samsung smartphones natively supporting adaptive refresh rates:
      • Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
      • Galaxy Z Fold 2
      • Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra
    • Refresh Rate Monitor: Observe how multiple refresh rates work on your device. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***

• Quick High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: Easily switch to high or adaptive motion smoothness mode (from Standard) even on power saving mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto set power saving mode during screen-off***

Ad-Free Exclusive Features:

• Keep motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled - either manually or by the system/adaptive power saving***

• Adaptive refresh rate mod: Experimental adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the native Adaptive motion smoothness (e.g. S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+, A52 and A72)***

• Quick-doze mod: Quick doze mode during screen-off to improve standby power consumption***

• Set minimum refresh rate for adaptive mode to 60hz or lower (if available)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Statusbar net speed indicator

• 7-day Ad-Free Trial is available. Just click "Activate Ad-free" button and activate free trial when prompted.
    ***these marked features require one-time ADB setup (this is not root)

Download link , FAQs and more info in original xda thread
    v7.12.00 update now available :)
    - More customizable maintenance window interval for Quick-Doze Mode

v7.11
    - Added turn-off autosync option under screen-off mods
    Hi tribalfs,

A52 5G does support 120hz screen refresh rate. The regular A52 (4G) only supports 90hz.

Here is the screen refresh rate from my A52 5G

View attachment 5292011
    Oh sorry. It's my mistake then. Corrected the profiles on my backend. You can reload using the Reload Profile in the 3 dot menu.
    Hi. I uninstalled the previous app thus, deferring me from the previous adb command and i have no pc near me at the moment. But the options for the screen refresh rates are just 90 and 60. I also tried both adaptive and high before i uninstalled it before and had no luck.

Please see screenshot below.

Thank you.

View attachment 5292013
    It's my mistake. I thought A52 4G and 5G have the same display. Already corrected the profile in my backend. You can reload using the Reload Profile in the 3 dot menu while connected to the internet.
    I understand, thanks for the quick reply. I will leave that setting off for now. The app is amazing!