Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods and More)

Search This thread

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
screenshot_20220819-154719_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689911
screenshot_20220819-154703_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689913
screenshot_20220819-154652_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689915

About this app:

Refresh Rate Mods

• Change default refresh rates
    -Easily change the overall refresh rate settings of devices supporting multiple refresh rates.
    -Set supported mid refresh rates as the maximum refresh rate limit for battery savings (e.g. 96hz instead of 120Hz).
    -Quick settings shortcut
    -tasker plugin support.

• Motion smoothness mode switcher(Normal, Adaptive or High)***
    -Apply adaptive mod on device that don't natively support adaptive mode [premium]
    -Tasker plugin support.

• Per-app refresh rate settings:
    Set different refresh rate settings for every app either adaptive or fixed(stationary) [premium].

• Motion smoothness on power saving mode (not working to all devices with OneUI4.**+, test first). ***
    -GMH will apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode (PSM) on supported Samsung smartphones.
    -Automatically apply workaround when PSM is enabled [premium]

Screen-off Mods:
  • Force to Lowest Hz: Force the lowest refresh rate on screen-off or Always-On Display(AOD). This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since OneUI3.0) to improve standby power consumption a bit.
    -Tasker plugin support

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Auto disable Autosync***

• Quick-doze mod
    -
    Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion [premium].***
    -Tasker plugin support

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround)
    -Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked to help minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.
    -Tasker plug-in support
Others
  • Battery protection mod (Experimental)
    -Option to set maximum charge to 86%-95%(for OneUI4+)[premium]

• Quick resolution switcher
    -Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***
    -Tasker plugin support

• Customizable refresh rate monitor
    -
    Use statusbar or overlay which you can place anywhere on screen.
    -Tasker plugin support.

• Net speed statusbar indicator
OneUI inspired UI. Dynamic theme and Icon. Manual language selection

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis (not per user).

***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery usage p is very negligible .

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

Important Notes for OneUI5.1.1 and higher :
You also need to "Allow restricted settings" to the app:
Open Settings > Apps > Galaxy MaxHz > Click top right menu and Allow restricted settings

Important Notes for OneUI6.0 (Android14) :
Starting OneUI6.0, installing the app on OneUi6.0 requires doing it via ADB using this command:
Code:
adb install --bypass-low-target-sdk-block galaxy_max_hz_v8.1.apk
*The apk file should be inside the adb installation folder OR replace the file path in the command.

Download
Changelogs
Github wiki (Please read specially before asking questions or reporting bugs)

Last edited:

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
v7.10.00_beta update now available. :)
(No in-app update yet, download link in the opening post.)
tribalfs said:
v7.10 (currently in beta)
- Custom max hz option for power saving mode
- Automate GMH settings with the Tasker plugin support. Supported actions/variables: Max Refresh Rate, Keep Motion Smoothness on PSM, Motion Smoothness Mode, Quick-doze Mod and Change Screen Resolution.
- Some code refactoring and optimizations

tribalfs said:
How to setup GMH with Tasker?
Create(+) a Task in Tasker app and give it a name. Inside the Edit Task window, add GMH action by clicking (+) button > Plugin > Galaxy Max Hz. Click the (edit) Configuration section to see the tasker settings/variables available for GMH. Set a value to each of the variable that you want to apply by clicking (+) button > Variables >Variable Set > enter the variable name and a corresponding valid value. Ensure to put Galaxy Max Hz action task after all the Variable Set tasks (use hold and drag to re-order).
You can then link this Task to the Profile/Trigger that you want to use. You can create multiple GMH tasks with different variables.
You can also use GMH Tasker plugin to exclude apps from Adaptive mode.

xezrunner

Jul 3, 2014
This app does not work on the Galaxy A52 5G. It keeps showing 60/90Hz as the toggle, does not show 120Hz at all.

phoberus

Oct 21, 2013
Same for me, only 60 or 90Hz.
And there is an alert window on startup, that it's developed for an older android version

Tested with v7.10.00_beta

Reactions: kenbo111

folyqa

Mar 30, 2021
same for me, only 60 and 90hz available, but 90hz doesnt work at all, so it defaults to 60

chirogan

Hi Dev,

Tested out your app and granted every permissions needed.

turns out that the app does not support 120Hz refresh rate.

I tested out the 90Hz and checked if it is working but that doesn't work either. it defaults to 60hz right away and does not let me choose other refresh rates.
Thank you for your Program. Hopefully a fix will come.

looking forward for this to come to A52-5G

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
This app does not work on the Galaxy A52 5G. It keeps showing 60/90Hz as the toggle, does not show 120Hz at all.
Same for me, only 60 or 90Hz.
And there is an alert window on startup, that it's developed for an older android version

Tested with v7.10.00_beta
same for me, only 60 and 90hz available, but 90hz doesnt work at all, so it defaults to 60
A52 display (hardware) doesn't support 120hz refresh rate. No chance of having it.
Edit: My mistake for thinking 4G and 5G have the same display. Corrected the profile on my backend.

Last edited:

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Hi Dev,

Tested out your app and granted every permissions needed.

turns out that the app does not support 120Hz refresh rate.

I tested out the 90Hz and checked if it is working but that doesn't work either. it defaults to 60hz right away and does not let me choose other refresh rates.
Thank you for your Program. Hopefully a fix will come.

looking forward for this to come to A52-5G
Are you on adaptive mode or high mode? Would you mind sharing a screen recording using the screen recording app in the below? Thank you.

Questions and Bug Reports:

Feel free to ask questions relevant to this app here should your question is not addressed in FAQs above.

For suspected bugs, you can send me a direct message or post it here. Read the FAQs also to check if it is an intended/expected behavior or not. Also check if the latest version is already installed in your device. Please include your device model number, OS version, app version and the steps to reproduce the bug. If possible, attach screen recording* or screenshots. This can be very helpful to me in answering your question or in reproducing and resolving the bug faster.

*You can use this screen recording app capable of recording high refresh rates

chirogan

Are you on adaptive mode or high mode? Would you mind sharing a screen recording using the screen recording app in the below? Thank you.
Hi. I uninstalled the previous app thus, deferring me from the previous adb command and i have no pc near me at the moment. But the options for the screen refresh rates are just 90 and 60. I also tried both adaptive and high before i uninstalled it before and had no luck.

Please see screenshot below.

Thank you.

Screenshot_20210427-150453_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Hi. I uninstalled the previous app thus, deferring me from the previous adb command and i have no pc near me at the moment. But the options for the screen refresh rates are just 90 and 60. I also tried both adaptive and high before i uninstalled it before and had no luck.

Please see screenshot below.

Thank you.

View attachment 5292013
It's my mistake. I thought A52 4G and 5G have the same display. Already corrected the profile in my backend. You can reload using the Reload Profile in the 3 dot menu while connected to the internet.

Reactions: chirogan

chirogan

Tried it a while ago and its working well now! Great job. 60hz and 120hz adaptive screen refresh rate now working flawlessly. Will keep supporting you on your apps. God bless!

Suggestion: hopefully we could see a shorter time for the adaptive to kick in. (Like a second or less).

I dont know how adaptive works at S line series of units but feel free to correct me if im wrong.

God bless!

Screenshot_20210427-155753_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg

chirogan

How are the battery savings while using this app?
You cant really see the difference right away if youre doing a lot on your phone as it makes your screen go back to 120hz.

But when you use it to the apps that doesnt need touch, like watching movies, video calls, the savings are significant.

I used in a 21 minute video call and it only consumed around 2% batt

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Tried it a while ago and its working well now! Great job. 60hz and 120hz adaptive screen refresh rate now working flawlessly. Will keep supporting you on your apps. God bless!

Suggestion: hopefully we could see a shorter time for the adaptive to kick in. (Like a second or less).

I dont know how adaptive works at S line series of units but feel free to correct me if im wrong.

God bless!

View attachment 5292037
Thank you for your feedback and support. :)
Native adaptive is around 2-3 seconds and longer on less brighter environment.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
v7.10.21 in-app update now available :)
- Bug fixes
v7.10 changes
- Separate Max hz setting for power saving mode
- Automate GMH settings using Tasker plugin support. Supported actions/variables: Max Refresh Rate, Keep Motion Smoothness on PSM, Motion Smoothness Mode, Quick-doze Mod, Change Screen Resolution. Check FAQs for the basic setup guide.
- Some code refactoring and optimizations
Note: Clear app's data if experiencing any issues

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    screenshot_20220819-154719_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689911
    screenshot_20220819-154703_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689913
    screenshot_20220819-154652_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689915

About this app:

Refresh Rate Mods

• Change default refresh rates
      -Easily change the overall refresh rate settings of devices supporting multiple refresh rates.
      -Set supported mid refresh rates as the maximum refresh rate limit for battery savings (e.g. 96hz instead of 120Hz).
      -Quick settings shortcut
      -tasker plugin support.

• Motion smoothness mode switcher(Normal, Adaptive or High)***
      -Apply adaptive mod on device that don't natively support adaptive mode [premium]
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Per-app refresh rate settings:
      Set different refresh rate settings for every app either adaptive or fixed(stationary) [premium].

• Motion smoothness on power saving mode (not working to all devices with OneUI4.**+, test first). ***
      -GMH will apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode (PSM) on supported Samsung smartphones.
      -Automatically apply workaround when PSM is enabled [premium]

Screen-off Mods:
    • Force to Lowest Hz: Force the lowest refresh rate on screen-off or Always-On Display(AOD). This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since OneUI3.0) to improve standby power consumption a bit.
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Auto disable Autosync***

• Quick-doze mod
      -
      Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion [premium].***
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround)
      -Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked to help minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.
      -Tasker plug-in support
    Others
    • Battery protection mod (Experimental)
      -Option to set maximum charge to 86%-95%(for OneUI4+)[premium]

• Quick resolution switcher
      -Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***
      -Tasker plugin support

• Customizable refresh rate monitor
      -
      Use statusbar or overlay which you can place anywhere on screen.
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Net speed statusbar indicator
    OneUI inspired UI. Dynamic theme and Icon. Manual language selection

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis (not per user).

***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery usage p is very negligible .

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

Important Notes for OneUI5.1.1 and higher :
    You also need to "Allow restricted settings" to the app:
    Open Settings > Apps > Galaxy MaxHz > Click top right menu and Allow restricted settings

Important Notes for OneUI6.0 (Android14) :
    Starting OneUI6.0, installing the app on OneUi6.0 requires doing it via ADB using this command:
    Code:
    adb install --bypass-low-target-sdk-block galaxy_max_hz_v8.1.apk
    *The apk file should be inside the adb installation folder OR replace the file path in the command.

Download
    Changelogs
    Github wiki (Please read specially before asking questions or reporting bugs)
    Does this work for a52s ?
    Yes, I have it on my A52s 5G.
    v7.14.18 in app update
    • Fixed bugs on OneUi4.0: brightness threshold for adaptive mod bug, netspeed indicator bug
    • Fixed bug on minimum hz tile and minimum hz tile tasker command
    • Minor layout and tile improvements
    • Auto dim refresh rate overlay when not changing after few seconds
    • Fixed crashes on netspeed indicator
    v7.14.17
    • Workaround for auto sensors off for OneUI4.0. Prior method was already blocked in A12.
    • Experimental workaround: enabling High/Adaptive on PSM on OneUI4.0 (not working on some models)
    • Fixed: setting min hertz for adaptive (%lhz) using Tasker not working
    Does this work for a52s ? I installed it and it does not show any refresh rate options. I granted android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS to it
    v7.12.00 update now available :)
    - More customizable maintenance window interval for Quick-Doze Mode

v7.11
    - Added turn-off autosync option under screen-off mods