Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods and More)

Search This thread

Elm3alem

Jul 31, 2013
About this app:
  • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates (e.g. note20 ultra, s20/S20+/S20Ultra, z fold 2, s21/s21+/s21Ultra, tab S7/S7+, z fold 3, z flip 3). This app can limit max refresh rate to 96hz (or any available refresh rate) on supported smartphones - you can save power with negligible difference on smoothness. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.
    Bug: Some users reported that 96hz on adaptive does not work on outer screen on Z Fold 3.

• Force High: Option to force (fixed) a refresh rate mode (High Mode) on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness***

Current Samsung smartphones natively supporting adaptive refresh rates:
    • Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
    • Galaxy Z Fold 2 (inner screen)
    • Galaxy Z Fold 3
    • Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra
    • Galaxy Z Flip 3

• Refresh Rate Monitor: Observe how multiple refresh rates work on your device. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***

• Quick High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: Easily switch to high or adaptive motion smoothness mode (from Standard) even on power saving mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***
    Note: Not working (blocked by samsung) on some devices with OneUI4.0

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Tasker plugin support: Automate GMH settings using the app's Tasker plugin support. Supported actions/variables: Max Refresh Rate, Keep Motion Smoothness on PSM, Motion Smoothness Mode, Quick-doze Mod, Change Screen Resolution. (new in v7.10). More info in FAQs below.

Premium Features:

• Keep High/Adaptive motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled whether manually or by the system/adaptive power saving***

• Adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the stock Adaptive motion smoothness (e.g. S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+) with the ability to set the brightness threshold for its activation***

• Quick-doze mod: Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion ***

• Set minimum refresh rate for adaptive mode to 60hz or lower (if available)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround):
    Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked. This helps minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not in use.

• 7-day Premium Trial is available. Just click "Activate Premium|Trial" button and activate free trial when prompted.

Note: Ad-free license is on a per device basis.
***these marked features require a one-time ADB setup (this is not root)

Download

Please read FAQs and more info in here
After the 7 days premium trial period ends,, will the app stop working or it will continue working with Ads !?

Elm3alem

Jul 31, 2013
About this app:
  • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates (e.g. note20 ultra, s20/S20+/S20Ultra, z fold 2, s21/s21+/s21Ultra, tab S7/S7+, z fold 3, z flip 3). This app can limit max refresh rate to 96hz (or any available refresh rate) on supported smartphones - you can save power with negligible difference on smoothness. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.
    Bug: Some users reported that 96hz on adaptive does not work on outer screen on Z Fold 3.

• Force High: Option to force (fixed) a refresh rate mode (High Mode) on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness***

• Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
    • Galaxy Z Fold 3
    • Galaxy Z Flip 3

• Refresh Rate Monitor: Observe how multiple refresh rates work on your device. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***

• Quick High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: Easily switch to high or adaptive motion smoothness mode (from Standard) even on power saving mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Tasker plugin support: Automate GMH settings using the app's Tasker plugin support. Supported actions/variables: Max Refresh Rate, Keep Motion Smoothness on PSM, Motion Smoothness Mode, Quick-doze Mod, Change Screen Resolution. (new in v7.10). More info in FAQs below.

Premium Features:

• Keep High/Adaptive motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled whether manually or by the system/adaptive power saving***

• Adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the stock Adaptive motion smoothness (e.g. S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+) with the ability to set the brightness threshold for its activation***

• Quick-doze mod: Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion ***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked. This helps minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not in use.

• 7-day Premium Trial is available. Just click "Activate Premium|Trial" button and activate free trial when prompted.

Download

Kindly advise
What's the Best settings to get the most out of my Battery juice and in the same time best Performance of the S22 Ultra...
N.B I've just purchased the Premium and made the ADB staff, so every single option is available, just give me a screenshot with the Best battery saving and Best Performance,, appreciate your work 🤝🏼🙏🏼

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Kindly advise
What's the Best settings to get the most out of my Battery juice and in the same time best Performance of the S22 Ultra...
N.B I've just purchased the Premium and made the ADB staff, so every single option is available, just give me a screenshot with the Best battery saving and Best Performance,, appreciate your work 🤝🏼🙏🏼
--moved response to S22U thread.--

Last edited:
Reactions: Elm3alem

Elm3alem

Jul 31, 2013
About this app:

• Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
    • Galaxy Z Fold 3
    • Galaxy Z Flip 3

Premium Features:

Download

I've noticed an issue or maybe a bug in S22 Ultra, which still noticeable even after latest pushed updat
it's that only when i decrease the minimum refresh rate to 10hz, the screen refresh rate reach 10hz up to 120hz according to the content as it should, while if I revert back to minimum refresh rate of 24hz it stays at 120hz even if I'm not doing Anything at the home screen where it should be 24hz, I've made every thing to see the 24hz again and it just seems to stuck at 120hz, unless I decreased it to 10 hz, then everything seems to perform Normal,,, that happened on 96hz on FHD and on WQHD 120hz
The issue is that some games like Alto's odessy when I decrease the refresh rate to 10hz, it lag unless I touch the screen every 3 to 5 seconds, where it may not happens in this game, so when I move to 24hz, the game performs perfect, but I then lost the 24hz in the home screen and stuck at 120hz and that draining battery as if I'm on High refresh rate not Adaptive.
I'm a premium member of your Application, so I'm counting on your generous support.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
I've noticed an issue or maybe a bug in S22 Ultra, which still noticeable even after latest pushed updat
it's that only when i decrease the minimum refresh rate to 10hz, the screen refresh rate reach 10hz up to 120hz according to the content as it should, while if I revert back to minimum refresh rate of 24hz it stays at 120hz even if I'm not doing Anything at the home screen where it should be 24hz, I've made every thing to see the 24hz again and it just seems to stuck at 120hz, unless I decreased it to 10 hz, then everything seems to perform Normal,,, that happened on 96hz on FHD and on WQHD 120hz
The issue is that some games like Alto's odessy when I decrease the refresh rate to 10hz, it lag unless I touch the screen every 3 to 5 seconds, where it may not happens in this game, so when I move to 24hz, the game performs perfect, but I then lost the 24hz in the home screen and stuck at 120hz and that draining battery as if I'm on High refresh rate not Adaptive.
I'm a premium member of your Application, so I'm counting on your generous support.
Let's discuss in dedicated thread for S22 U.

Elm3alem

Jul 31, 2013
About this app:

• Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
    • Galaxy Z Fold 3
    • Galaxy Z Flip 3

Premium Features:

Download

Would you please add VLC player to exception of the 10hz, as when 10hz applied and play some movies using VLC player, it lag and looks choppy unless I turn back refresh rate to 24hz
Appreciate your generous support ❤️
Link of the application:
S22 Ultra

Elm3alem

Jul 31, 2013
About this app:

• Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
    • Galaxy Z Fold 3
    • Galaxy Z Flip 3

Premium Features:

Download

I've gave up switch to 10hz minimum refresh rate, as it Gaves laggy performance even in scrolling Instagram & Facebook or Twitter,, just can't regret the Premium for doz mode and internet speed monitor,, but hope it gets better with upcoming updates, it should be powerful saving tool, but it really ruins the overall 120hz experience.

ghassan haddad

Apr 4, 2010
I've gave up switch to 10hz minimum refresh rate, as it Gaves laggy performance even in scrolling Instagram & Facebook or Twitter,, just can't regret the Premium for doz mode and internet speed monitor,, but hope it gets better with upcoming updates, it should be powerful saving tool, but it really ruins the overall 120hz experience.
Dude, which part of "post in S22 Ultra forum" you don't understand?!

Brad.B

Mar 13, 2019
Hello @tribalfs I have the latest update on fold 3, and it says the screen off refresh rate is 120hz even with "Force Lowest Hz" enabled, I cannot get the screen off refresh rate to lower. I think it is draining my battery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220512-010357_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    Screenshot_20220512-010357_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 26

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Hello @tribalfs I have the latest update on fold 3, and it says the screen off refresh rate is 120hz even with "Force Lowest Hz" enabled, I cannot get the screen off refresh rate to lower. I think it is draining my battery.
Can you try to retoggle it and check again?
It should work unless Samsung disabled the 48Hz in ZFold 3.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Hello, I really love this app, thank you so much for that!
I'm using a Fold3 and want to ask:
  • if the lowest possible refresh rate is 48Hz, and if it's possible to go down further?
  • the experimental feature, which turns sensors off also disables the camera until the device is unlocked. Can you make it possible, that all sensors except the cameras can be turned off?
  • there's the option to enable power safe mode, when the screen is turned off. Can you add the exception, when the device is charging?
#1 is not possible. Lowest the ZFold3 supports is 48hz.
#2 sorry not possible. Sensors off interface doesn't allow exception.
#3 Yes. I'll try to add this option in the next major update.
Thank you.

Reactions: Mr6P

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
have a z fold 3.
ADB - Command was done.
When using power saving mode refresh-rate maximum is 60hz. Not more possible? Disabled saving-mode goes to 120hz.
Same configuration on my S22 Ultra: Power-saving-mode goes upto 120hz.
Any Idea?

Sorry, no workaround for ZFold3 on this yet.

Quick High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: Easily switch to high or adaptive motion smoothness mode (from Standard) even on power saving mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***

HGab

Dec 3, 2020
Galaxy Fold 3 works with the 120hz update if you connect to the TV in power saving mode (smart view), then disconnect and the screen update (120hz) is retained.

• Love
Reactions: xXblacksiteXx

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Galaxy Fold 3 works with the 120hz update if you connect to the TV in power saving mode (smart view), then disconnect and the screen update (120hz) is retained.
If stock video call is available, you can also try the mock video call trick. Just video call 1 or any number.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, since the most recent update with version 7.14.54 every time I unlock my device the refresh rate overlay is shown, even though I never enabled it and it's also shown as "off" in quick settings toggle.
    Hi! Please check latest in-app update. Posted an update to fix this bug.
    Thank you.
    I did a factory reset and lost the premium features. how can I restore that?
    code is @ the mail that you got with the purchase ...
    look for : Galaxy Max Hz Premium for your ...
    About this app:

• Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
      • Galaxy Z Fold 3
      • Galaxy Z Flip 3

Premium Features:

Download

v7.14.17 in-app update now available
    -Auto sensors off workaround for OneUI4.0
    -Fixed bug: setting min hz for adaptive (%lhz) usingTasker not working
    -Fixed bug: unable to turn off accessibility when no feature requiring such is enabled
    -experimental workaround for enabling Adaptive/High refresh rate on PSM on OneUI4.0
    - other stability fixes
    Whoa really? I didn't see it as an option. How do I set that in the app? I'll totally go buy the app right now once I know how to do it :D
    Sorry, I mean possible to add it in the next update.
    v7.14.10 in-app update now available :)

-48hz on force lowest on screen off/AOD now works on S20/+/Ultra on any refresh rate mode
    -improvements on brightness threshold for adaptive mod performance(anti-flicker)
    -added quick settings tille to toggle min hz for adaptive mod on supported devices
    -added tasker option to toggle min hz for adaptive mod on supported devices
    -other fixes
    I did a factory reset and lost the premium features. how can I restore that?
    code is @ the mail that you got with the purchase ...
    look for : Galaxy Max Hz Premium for your ...