Search This thread

Roei.e

May 5, 2022
I am curious, I've seen that the app switches 60 to 120 adaptive mode (S21 FE have only 120hz or 60hz)
Anyway I see that the app switches 60 to 120 so fast without any lags, like it switches from 60 to 120 in less than a sec and no lags is visible, my question is how?

Roei.e

May 5, 2022
Thread '[App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ods-qs-tiles-tasker-support-and-more.4220239/
I am curious, I've seen that the app switches 60 to 120 adaptive mode (S21 FE have only 120hz or 60hz)
Anyway I see that the app switches 60 to 120 so fast without any lags, like it switches from 60 to 120 in less than a sec and no lags is visible, my question is how it's not ruin the screen?

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Anyway I see that the app switches 60 to 120 so fast without any lags, like it switches from 60 to 120 in less than a sec and no lags is visible, my question is how it's not ruin the screen?
It should not. It switches to hardware supported refresh rates.

Reactions: 1jkan

Roei.e

May 5, 2022
@tribalfs I don't know if you remember but I've told you that if Bixby routines turns on power saving mode whlie the screen is off the app does not save the 120hz and you fixed it. But now I've noticed that if the power saving mode is turned off by Bixby routines the refresh rate stays on 60hz.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
@tribalfs I don't know if you remember but I've told you that if Bixby routines turns on power saving mode whlie the screen is off the app does not save the 120hz and you fixed it. But now I've noticed that if the power saving mode is turned off by Bixby routines the refresh rate stays on 60hz.
GMH does not intervene when system switches off PSM. The stock behavior is kept as is.
Is it on Note20 Ultra?

Roei.e

May 5, 2022
@tribalfs I've just checked with the screen on and battery dropped below 16% and the Bixby routine turned on the PSM and the app didn't even bother to keep the 120hz. Do you know why? I tried reinsatll.

hatdua93

Sep 5, 2016
hello admin. i am using s22 plus. i have 96hz setting in galaxy max hz, but 96hz only works in battery saver mode. Can admin enable 96hz in normal mode? because when i set 96hz in normal mode, it goes back to 60hz. please help me

anto0423

Jul 8, 2022
First of all, English translation may be strange because I am Korean.

I found that 120hz does not work while constantly touching on some apps.
Looking at the video below, 120 Hz is normally applied as soon as it is touched.
However, if you touch it for more than two seconds, it will drop to 48 Hz. It also maintains a 48 Hz state when the "story" on the Instagram app is automatically passed without a touch.

&summarize&
1. 120 Hz cannot be maintained when a screen is continuously touched by a specific app.
2.There are apps that do not apply 120 Hz on the screen that automatically reacts without touching.

bug video

Last edited:

JimbaJumbo

Jul 2, 2022
Hi, I'm sorry to bother you again, but I've bought the Premium Version and lost access to my email that I bought it with, I have a PayPal receipt that can be proof, can I get some help please ?

Reactions: tribalfs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For those who are interested to try/test. Major changes are made to this version including the added per-app settings and separate min max hz settings for power saving mode. Completely redesigned (OneUI inspired). I'll write the complete change list later. Still on Alpha - unexpected behaviors may occur.
    Clearing app data is required after installing.
    Thank you.
    The latest update seams to allow 120Hz with battery economy on. I've seen a video with it working fine on a S22 ultra, but on my Note 20 ultra it does not work. Any advice about it?
    can you add 70% cpu limit function? The default on the device is battery saving mode, but can you do a separate function?
    Write me if you are ready :) would like to try this :) but i will make clean install then :)
    You can already download in the link above. :)
    Mate very nice New Design in my opinion. Everything is working like before. Will tell you if i find any Bugs :)
    GridArt_20220121_203251929x.jpg

About this app:
    • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates (e.g. note20 ultra, s20/S20+/S20Ultra, z fold 2, s21/s21+/s21Ultra, tab S7/S7+, z fold 3, z flip 3). This app can limit max refresh rate to 96hz (or any available refresh rate) on supported smartphones - you can save power with negligible difference on smoothness. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Force High: Option to use High(Fixed) motion smoothness mode on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness***. Current Samsung smartphones that natively support adaptive refresh rates include Galaxy Note20 Ultra.

• Refresh Rate Monitor: Show real-time screen refresh rate as statusbar icon and/or as overlay. Overlay size and location is adjustable. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***

• Quick High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode:The app will apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***
      Note: Stopped working out-of-the-box on Note 20 Ultra updated to OneUI4.*.
      Extra steps to bypass restriction on OneUI4.*. After selecting Adaptive or High in GMH while on power saving mode, do either:
      - Do a quick video call to "1" or any number using the stock video call (not google duo). Availability depends on network support
      OR
      - Connect and disconnect to a wifi display or miracast receiver (e.g. smart tv, chromecast, windows laptops) using the Smart View function (Credits to @albiGib and @rblckmnjr84 for sharing the discovery)

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Tasker plugin support: Automate GMH settings with Tasker app. Supported actions/variables: max refresh rate, min refresh rate, keep smooth motion on PSM, motion smoothness mode, quick-doze mod, change dispaly resolution, auto sensors off. More info in FAQs below

Premium Features:

• Keep High/Adaptive motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled The app will automatically apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***
      Note: Stopped working out-of-the-box on Note 20 Ultra updated to OneUI4.*.
      Extra steps to bypass restriction on OneUI4.*. After selecting Adaptive or High in GMH while on power saving mode, do either:
      - Do a quick video call to "1" or any number using the stock video call (not google duo)
      OR
      - Connect and disconnect to a wifi display or miracast receiver (e.g. smart tv, chromecast, windows laptops) using the Smart View function (Credits to @albiGib and @rblckmnjr84 for sharing the discovery)

• Adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the stock Adaptive motion smoothness (e.g. S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+) with the ability to set the brightness threshold for its activation***

• Quick-doze mod: Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion ***

• Set minimum refresh rate for adaptive mode to 60hz or lower (if supported)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Auto turn off Autosync: Turn off autosync settings while the screen is off.

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround):
      Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked. This helps minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.

• Battery protect mod - option to set maximum charge from 85%-95%(for OneUI4+) (Experimental)

• Statusbar net speed indicator
    • 3-day Premium Trial is available. Just click "Activate Premium|Trial" button and activate free trial when prompted.
    Note: The premium license is on a per device basis (not per user).

***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery consumption of this app is very negligible .

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

Download
    Latest stable (v7.14.58)
    v8.00-beta
    CAUTION!!! SOMEONE IS TRYING TO TAMPER THIS APP AND FILL IT WITH TROJAN. DON'T DOWNLOAD ELSEWHERE

Please read
    FAQs, changelogs and more information here (specially before asking questions or reporting bugs).

Demo video of v5.4. More features have been added in the later versions

Localization/Translations

Contributors
    Italian: @Orlaf
    German:devj3ns, drbeat
    Russian: @a43
    Swedish:Steffe2
    Turkish: osmanakar312
    Greek: Nick
    Spanish: @Sebastiansm
    Czech: Chrono Leggionaire
    Simplified Chinese: xiaolu7233123
    French: Jaxom84
    Polish: Pichulec
    If you want to contribute on translations, please send me a message.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)

Questions and Bug Reports:

Note: Please post on the dedicated xda forum thread for your device/model. If no such dedicated thread, please send me a direct message instead.

Feel free to ask questions relevant to this app here but ensure to read the FAQs first before doing so.

To report bugs, you can submit a bug report form in github
    or message me the
    details needed.

Warranty:

The app is provided AS IS with no express warranty. Due to the nature of this app = its usage of hidden, non-sdk and non-public apis to execute most of its features, it is not guaranteed that all of its features are going to work in the future android iterations, should the new or updated iterations block/disable them. Attempts for workaround will still be exerted but positive outcome is not always guaranteed.

Sharing Outside XDA:

Feel free to share this app anywhere as long as proper credits and reference to this thread are provided. Do not create any alternative download link. This is to ensure that users get the untampered installation file, latest information and latest updates of this app.

Changelogs:

Try to clear data of this app if you encounter issues after update.
    Please report any bug that persist. Thank you.

Please check here for the latest changelogs

Previous changelogs (old app)

v5.40
    - Fixed landscape orientation layout bug and other layout improvements
    - Added support for Note 20 Ultra Non-5G models (all features)

v5.26
    - Fixed disabled "High/Fixed Motion Smoothness Mode" switcher on Galaxy Z Fold 2. You should be able to use this function now in Z Fold 2.
    - Fixed force close bug on Galaxy Z Fold 2
    -Fixed missing resolution label for Galaxy S20 series
    - Other code clean up

v5.20
    - Qs tiles for refresh rate control and resolution switcher now have dynamic icons. Better visibility for partially expanded notification panel.
    - Added high/fixed refresh rate mode/option for Galaxy Note20 Ultra and Z Fold2. If enabled, the device will be set to 'High Motion Smoothness' mode and refresh rates will behave like the Galaxy S20 series.

v5.00
    - Added support for Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra and S20FE. Resolution switcher is not applicable to S20 FE.
    - Renamed app to Galaxy Max Hz

v4.00
    -Added 'Resolution - Motion Smoothness Mode' switcher (button and qs tile). Switch resolution and motion smoothness mode anytime even on medium power saving mode. This specific function requires ADB.

v3.00
    - Changed overlay display FPS to screen refresh rate (Hz)
    - Refresh rate monitor now switches color to red if 60hz or below and to green if above 60hz
    - Added toggle switch for refresh rate monitor on app's home screen

v2.00
    - The 3-way toggle button and quick settings (qs) tile are now aware if the current Motion Smoothness mode is set to Adaptive or not. If not, they will show 'Standard' and will open the display settings when clicked
    - The switch for the FPS monitor overlay is moved to a new qs tile. You can now turn the FPS monitor ON/OFF anywhere without opening the app.
    - Changed text color of fps monitor from red to green. Green color has the longest lifespan in amoled, so lesser chance of amoled burn.

v1.00 Initial release

If you want to get GMH Premium features and/or support GMH development but paypal is not available in your place, you can use Google Play Store.
    Just download GMH Donation app from Google Play Store.

Note: The price might be slightly higher due to the relatively higher tax imposed on play store.
    Apologies for being inactive in the past weeks due to some medical/family reasons.
    I will still be inactive in the next 1 or 2 weeks.
    Thank you for understanding.
    GMH_v7.14.16 in-app update now available:
    -fixed bug: unable to turn off accessibility when no feature requiring such is enabled
    -experimental workaround for enabling Adaptive/High refresh rate on PSM on OneUi4.0
    -other bug fixes
    v7.12.20 in-app update is now available. :)
    - Fixed intermittent bugs:
    - Power saving mode on screen-off: PSM not turning off back on screen on.
    - Turn-off autosync on screen off: autosync not turning on back on screen on