Search This thread

Roei.e

May 5, 2022
I was in the latest built, and the check for app button Updated me to beta. just letting you know @tribalfs.
Very nice seg
Screenshot_20220811-085209_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg

Reactions: tribalfs

syber shaman

Apr 25, 2014
It's quite disappointing that 8.0 will remove the CQHD on Note 20 and S20 since that was the reason I bought the app in the first place. Oh well. Back to stock I guess.

• Wow
Reactions: BrianBarba

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
It's quite disappointing that 8.0 will remove the CQHD on Note 20 and S20 since that was the reason I bought the app in the first place. Oh well. Back to stock I guess.
It's a free feature in earlier versions - no premium required.
The removal decision in v8 was reached due to a very considerable number of complains of shrinking UI after rebooting the device (a behavior in OneUi4.* which is beyond control of GMH). Unfortunately, many are not versed on dealing with this issue - having difficulties passing the lock screen. We hope you'll understand.

N.b. If oneUi5 fixes the behavior, it will be added back on v8.

Cryte-k

Oct 24, 2017
hello. The energy savings mode should be on in the configuration of the phone to work 96Hz? If deactive does not work.

ubelai

Dec 3, 2012
Would like to report a bug on the latest v8.0beta4. Galaxy S20 ultra.

For some reason, after a few minutes of use I have an issue where my notification panel draws itself intermittently to the point I cannot do anything on my phone, unless I restart it and force quit Galaxy Max Hz.

I thought something was wrong with my display at first. 😜

Uninstalled and will now install the latest stable release.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Would like to report a bug on the latest v8.0beta4. Galaxy S20 ultra.

For some reason, after a few minutes of use I have an issue where my notification panel draws itself intermittently to the point I cannot do anything on my phone, unless I restart it and force quit Galaxy Max Hz.

I thought something was wrong with my display at first. 😜

Uninstalled and will now install the latest stable release.
Replied in S20Ultra thread.

hello. The energy savings mode should be on in the configuration of the phone to work 96Hz? If deactive does not work.
It's blocked in Note20Ultra OneUi4.*. Please check opening post for more info.
Thank you.

Last edited:

m_p_13m

Aug 13, 2022
Hello

Several minutes ago I installed version 8.0.0-beta5. Tragedy...

The application crashes every now and then, literally every few seconds. Display of HZ status and speed is restarted every now and then, HZ disappears once, baud rate will disappear.

And the most important: lags in the camera, a few seconds delay of the displayed image in relation to the camera movement.

Also a strong slowdown in Samsung Internet.

I uninstalled 8.0.0-beta5 and everything is back to normal.

I was interested in 8.0.0-beta4 and also the phone works fast and smooth.

S22 Ultra

6h0st

Nov 4, 2011
ghost.com.ro
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Greetings!
The protect battery mod is a very nice addition, but sadly, setting any value then 85% doesn't work for my device: SM-N9860.
It would be great if you could make it work and add an option of 80% as minimum, because charging heat starts from 80% (at least from some tests).
Thanks for your work and time.
Cheers!

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Hello

Several minutes ago I installed version 8.0.0-beta5. Tragedy...

The application crashes every now and then, literally every few seconds. Display of HZ status and speed is restarted every now and then, HZ disappears once, baud rate will disappear.

And the most important: lags in the camera, a few seconds delay of the displayed image in relation to the camera movement.

Also a strong slowdown in Samsung Internet.

I uninstalled 8.0.0-beta5 and everything is back to normal.

I was interested in 8.0.0-beta4 and also the phone works fast and smooth.

S22 Ultra
Confirming this bug in beta5. This is related to netspeed indicator.
Will fix soon.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Greetings!
The protect battery mod is a very nice addition, but sadly, setting any value then 85% doesn't work for my device: SM-N9860.
It would be great if you could make it work .....
Thanks for your work and time.
Cheers!
Thanks.
Did you test it by actual charging. When set to value higher than 85%, it will not reflect in the device settings.
It's working based on our test on the same device.

....and add an option of 80% as minimum, because charging heat starts from 80% (at least from some tests)
Unfortunately not possible. This mod is just using the built-in protect battery feature.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
8.0.0-beta6
Everything seems to be working fine.
Thanks for solving the problem quickly👍

Could you please make the baud rate display on the right side of the status bar, closer to the network signal?
Sorry not possible for third-party apps. Only system notifications are allowed in the right side.

6h0st

Nov 4, 2011
ghost.com.ro
Thanks.
Did you test it by actual charging. When set to value higher than 85%, it will not reflect in the device settings.
It's working based on our test on the same device.
I set the maximum charge limit to 86%, started charging at 82%, couple of minutes later it was 90%. This is with beta6. I've done this with beta5 too with different values. Only 85% works.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220813-171311_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg
    Screenshot_20220813-171311_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

6h0st

Nov 4, 2011
ghost.com.ro
Try changing value before plugging.
I've done it in this order:
1. I set the maximum charge limit to 86%,
2. I started charging at 82%,
3. ... couple of minutes later it was 90%.

I've noticed that if I set 85% in Galaxy HZ app, the battery protection in Samsung Device care app is enabled. If I set other value than 85%, than the battery protection in Device care is disabled automatically.

Should I do a clear data&cache? Do you think it helps? I'm asking because I set per app custom Hz rates and if I clear data I'll have to do it again.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
I've done it in this order:
1. I set the maximum charge limit to 86%,
2. I started charging at 82%,
3. ... couple of minutes later it was 90%.

I've noticed that if I set 85% in Galaxy HZ app, the battery protection in Samsung Device care app is enabled. If I set other value than 85%, than the battery protection in Device care is disabled automatically.

Should I do a clear data&cache? Do you think it helps? I'm asking because I set per app custom Hz rates and if I clear data I'll have to do it again.
No need. Toggling it off and on may help.
Will try to replicate this issue.

" If I set other value than 85%, than the battery protection in Device care is disabled automatically."
- Yes, that's normal. GMH will automatically toggle it when battery charge reaches the set level.

Thank you.

Reactions: 6h0st

alchemist2022

Aug 14, 2022
Thank you for your work.

There were no problems in version 7 (7.14.58), but problems occur in version 8 (8.0 beta1 ~ beta6). It works without any problem right after initial installation, but the refresh rate does not change after rebooting my Galaxy S21. The function in the app is activated, but the actual refresh rate is fixed at 60Hz (while using power saving mode). In version 7, it operates normally at 120Hz regardless of reboot in power saving mode. So there is no choice but to use version 7 instead of version 8.

I hope you can solve this problem. Good luck with you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm trying to activate premium version, but I always receive the message that servers are unavailable. I can't activate the app because of that.
    I'm trying to enter my activation code but I am getting the following error:
    "Unable to reach remote server. Please try again later."

Please message me your activation code if you have not been able to activate yet.

Thank you.
    Hi, I had bought your premium version by making donation on the app provided on play store. Now I re-installed older UI4.1 and lost all data in the process. How can I get the code to activate premium version ? Can I retrieve the code or i have to buy/make donation again ??
    You should find meil on the mailbox

"Galaxy Max Hz Premium for your ...."

You have the activation code in the email - is it possible otherwise, I have no idea, let's wait for the author to answer.
    Cc: @tribalfs
    It's been quite a long while since I last logged in on XDA, let alone engage in any threads of relevance to any of the devices I own or used to own. Yet I decided to take the time to log in and search for this thread just to express my infinite gratitude and appreciation to the developer of this wonderful app. I usually tend to shy away from premium licenses of any app I use, unless it really stands out for a quite significant reason, and in the case of this app, there are a lot more than just one reason to justify my purchase of the premium license. From the aesthetics and design of this app to the extra functionality it brings to the table, this app has the lot. PSM + high refresh rate + adaptive motion smoothness mode + QHD (sort of) executed that seamlessly deserves a standing ovation. Dare I say, this is one of the best premium apps I bought for one of the strongest causes for a device. Here is hoping that this app continues to be maintained adequately, or shall I say here's hoping Samsung doesn't mess about with any of what this app offers to the table. Hats off!

P.S. For those wondering, I own a Galaxy S20+ Exynos 990 model, running OneUI 4 latest update.

Signing off!
    I'm trying to activate premium version, but I always receive the message that servers are unavailable. I can't activate the app because of that.
    I'm trying to enter my activation code but I am getting the following error:
    "Unable to reach remote server. Please try again later."
    Screenshot_20220924-122812_Galaxy MaxHz.png
    Screenshot_20220819-154719_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg
    Screenshot_20220819-154703_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg
    Screenshot_20220819-154652_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg

About this app:

Refresh Rate Mods

• Change default refresh rates
      -Easily change the overall refresh rate settings of devices supporting multiple refresh rates.
      -Set supported mid refresh rates as the maximum refresh rate limit for battery savings (e.g. 96hz instead of 120Hz).
      -Quick settings shortcut
      -tasker plugin support.

• Motion smoothness mode switcher(Normal, Adaptive or High)***
      -Set you device motion smoothness mode to stationary refresh rates (high mode) for better smoothness if so desired on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness with a little trade-off to the battery.
      -Apply adaptive mod on device that don't natively support adaptive mode [premium]
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Per-app refresh rate settings:
      Set different refresh rate settings for every app either adaptive or fixed(stationary) [premium].

• Motion smoothness on power saving mode (not working to all devices with OneUI4.**+, test first). ***
      -GMH will apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode (PSM) on supported Samsung smartphones.
      -Automatically apply workaround when PSM is enabled [premium]
    Note: Stopped working out-of-the-box on Note 20 Ultra updated to OneUI4.*.
    Extra steps to bypass restriction on OneUI4.*. After selecting Adaptive or High in GMH while on power saving mode, do either:
    - Do a quick fake/mock video call to any number using the stock video call app(not google duo). Availability depends on network support
    OR
    - Connect and disconnect to a wifi display or miracast receiver (e.g. smart tv, chromecast, windows laptops) using the Smart View function (Credits to @albiGib and @rblckmnjr84 for sharing the discovery)

Screen-off Mods:
    • Force to Lowest Hz: Force the lowest refresh rate on screen-off or Always-On Display(AOD). This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since OneUI3.0) to improve standby power consumption a bit.
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Auto disable Autosync***

• Quick-doze mod
      -
      Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion [premium].***
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround)
      -Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked to help minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.
      -Tasker plug-in support

Others
    • Battery protection mod (Experimental)
      -Option to set maximum charge to 86%-95%(for OneUI4+)[premium]

• Quick resolution switcher
      -Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***
      -Tasker plugin support

Caution!! Be careful on applying CQHD+ on Note20Ultra with OneUI4.* - it causes the UI to shrink after reboot or long sleep that causes difficulty on entering the lockscreen.

• Customizable refresh rate monitor
      -
      Use statusbar or overlay which you can place anywhere on screen.
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Net speed statusbar indicator

OneUI inspired UI. Dynamic theme and Icon. Manual language selection

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis (not per user).

***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery usage p is very negligible .

Info:
    This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

If google play protect will prompt during install that the app is built for older version of android and doesn't include the latest privacy protections, you can ignore it and proceed to the installation. For privacy related concern, please refer to FAQ No. 3.

Download
    v8.0.0
    v7.14.58
    CAUTION!!! SOMEONE IS TRYING TO TAMPER THIS APP AND FILL IT WITH TROJAN. DON'T DOWNLOAD ELSEWHERE

Changelogs
    Github wiki

Demo video of v5.4. More features have been added in the later versions

Localization/Translations

Contributors
    Italian: @Orlaf
    German:devj3ns, drbeat
    Russian: @a43
    Swedish:Steffe2
    Turkish: osmanakar312
    Greek: Nick
    Spanish: @Sebastiansm
    Czech: Chrono Leggionaire
    Simplified Chinese: xiaolu7233123
    French: Jaxom84
    Polish: Pichulec
    If you want to contribute on translations, please send me a message.

Changelogs:

Try to clear data of this app if you encounter issues after update.
    Please report any bug that persist. Thank you.

Please check here for the latest changelogs

Previous changelogs (old app)

v5.40
    - Fixed landscape orientation layout bug and other layout improvements
    - Added support for Note 20 Ultra Non-5G models (all features)

v5.26
    - Fixed disabled "High/Fixed Motion Smoothness Mode" switcher on Galaxy Z Fold 2. You should be able to use this function now in Z Fold 2.
    - Fixed force close bug on Galaxy Z Fold 2
    -Fixed missing resolution label for Galaxy S20 series
    - Other code clean up

v5.20
    - Qs tiles for refresh rate control and resolution switcher now have dynamic icons. Better visibility for partially expanded notification panel.
    - Added high/fixed refresh rate mode/option for Galaxy Note20 Ultra and Z Fold2. If enabled, the device will be set to 'High Motion Smoothness' mode and refresh rates will behave like the Galaxy S20 series.

v5.00
    - Added support for Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra and S20FE. Resolution switcher is not applicable to S20 FE.
    - Renamed app to Galaxy Max Hz

v4.00
    -Added 'Resolution - Motion Smoothness Mode' switcher (button and qs tile). Switch resolution and motion smoothness mode anytime even on medium power saving mode. This specific function requires ADB.

v3.00
    - Changed overlay display FPS to screen refresh rate (Hz)
    - Refresh rate monitor now switches color to red if 60hz or below and to green if above 60hz
    - Added toggle switch for refresh rate monitor on app's home screen

v2.00
    - The 3-way toggle button and quick settings (qs) tile are now aware if the current Motion Smoothness mode is set to Adaptive or not. If not, they will show 'Standard' and will open the display settings when clicked
    - The switch for the FPS monitor overlay is moved to a new qs tile. You can now turn the FPS monitor ON/OFF anywhere without opening the app.
    - Changed text color of fps monitor from red to green. Green color has the longest lifespan in amoled, so lesser chance of amoled burn.

v1.00 Initial release

If you want to get GMH Premium features and/or support GMH development but paypal is not available in your place, you can use Google Play Store.
    Just download GMH Donation app from Google Play Store.

Note: The price might be slightly higher due to the relatively higher tax imposed on play store.
    Apologies for being inactive in the past weeks due to some medical/family reasons.
    I will still be inactive in the next 1 or 2 weeks.
    Thank you for understanding.
    GMH_v7.14.16 in-app update now available:
    -fixed bug: unable to turn off accessibility when no feature requiring such is enabled
    -experimental workaround for enabling Adaptive/High refresh rate on PSM on OneUi4.0
    -other bug fixes
    v7.12.20 in-app update is now available. :)
    - Fixed intermittent bugs:
    - Power saving mode on screen-off: PSM not turning off back on screen on.
    - Turn-off autosync on screen off: autosync not turning on back on screen on