Search This thread

dalxyon

Feb 18, 2021
Having an issue on my Note20 Ultra 5G. I did the ABD thing forever ago and everything worked beautifully until Android 12 and OneUI4.0 but after the update I get weird resolution issues. I run using the CQHD+ resolution and 120Hz High (not Adaptive) refresh rates and a couple things are happening out of wack.

1) my AOD shifts to the left side of the screen almost always. The fingerprint sensor indicator stays in the correct place 100% of the time but the AOD shifts over and gets smaller, like the resolution dipped down.

2) when I restart my phone, the screen appears to shift back to FHD+ but is kind of moved to the top left portion of my display while the button interactions work in their natural areas. So if I want to hit enter my pin to unlock my phone after a restart, I have to guess where I'm hitting because the 5 button is in the center but the display shows it's moved up and to the left.

3) some videos will load without color and will be copied multiple times to fit the display, kind of like a colorless kaleidoscope.

An issue I've been having for a while that's been intermittent is sometimes my display will just shift back to adaptive (didn't restart or let my phone die and power back on) and my display will run at 120Hz for about 2-3 seconds after input but then throttles to 60Hz. This was the initial reason I installed and paid for premium because I game on here a ton, eg. Pokémon GO, and hate when the frequency shifts down.

Please, any and all help is greatly appreciated. I love this app and would like to get it functioning right again.

EDIT: in the screenshot for the app and it's settings, these are the only settings changed. If they aren't shown, they're default. I have CQHD+ and FHD+ in my quick settings, as well as 60Hz and 120Hz to allow quick fixes when the app gets funky.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220122-102303_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20220122-102303_Settings.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20220122-102318_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    Screenshot_20220122-102318_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 50

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
I'll take a look on this. Thank you.

Update: I was able to replicate the post-reboot issue when using CQHD. I recommend to avoid using the CQHD for the meantime.

Last edited:

ArtOne26

Jan 13, 2022
friend tell me, it will be possible to adapt 120 hertz in power saving mode for s20 fe on oneui 4?

dalxyon

Feb 18, 2021

Update: I was able to replicate the post-reboot issue when using CQHD. I recommend to avoid using the CQHD for the meantime.
I'll refrain from using it until you let me know you have resolved the issues. I have attached more photos of what is going on. Had to use another device since a screenshot just showed no issues.

EDIT: I also made sure to check for updates after installing Android 12. There were two updates available for the Galaxy Max Hz app and am currently running v7.14.18.2.

Attachments

• 20220122_123953.jpg
    20220122_123953.jpg
    985 KB · Views: 70
  • 20220122_124052.jpg
    20220122_124052.jpg
    869.9 KB · Views: 70

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
I'll refrain from using it until you let me know you have resolved the issues. I have attached more photos of what is going on. Had to use another device since a screenshot just showed no issues.

EDIT: I also made sure to check for updates after installing Android 12. There were two updates available for the Galaxy Max Hz app and am currently running v7.14.18.2.
Sadly, seems this can't be resolved on GMH end. GMH just can't override how OneUI4.0 system now handles this resolution after reboot or resume.

syber shaman

Apr 25, 2014

That issue has been going on even before One UI 4. But it only happens after I wipe cache partitions. I also edited my DPI so I thought that was a contributing factor. Usually after the GMZ toast notification appears, the issue corrects itself. But for that to appear, I need to unlock my phone.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
That issue has been going on even before One UI 4. But it only happens after I wipe cache partitions. I also edited my DPI so I thought that was a contributing factor. Usually after the GMZ toast notification appears, the issue corrects itself. But for that to appear, I need to unlock my phone.
I see. But not on normal reboot.

@tribalfs Hi, may I know if there is any plan for the adaptive refresh rate to work with power-saving mode on N20U (with OneUI 4) in the future?
Yes, always part of the plan. It's a matter of discovering the workaround. Current workaround only works for S21 devices.

Komolze

Mar 1, 2021
Hello, i bought the app. it works great but i have one Problem:
The AOD Sometimes, or Sometimes more often does not show if it set to "show always"
what can i do?
thanks
i have Exynos S21

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
I am on premium for long time,I can't set it up.
Can you share your settings?
A screen recording will great. Please check recommended screen recording app below.

Questions and Bug Reports:

Feel free to ask questions relevant to this app here but ensure to read the FAQs first before doing so.

For suspected bugs, you can post it here (or send me a direct message). Read the FAQs also to check if it is an intended/expected behavior or not. Also check if the latest version is already installed in your device. Please include complete your complete device model number(should not be modified), android version, stock or modded rom, GMH version number and the issue/bug you are reporting and the steps/scenarios how to reproduce it. Support maybe limited on modded roms.

It some cases I maybe need to see a screenshot of your GMH settings and/or screen recording* showing the bug/issue. You can use this screen recording app capable of screen recording at high refresh rates

If GMH crashes on your device, please send me the crashlog of your device. Just execute the following adb command (do this after the crash):
Code:
adb logcat -b crash > crashlog.txt
Ctrl+C after 15seconds.
Then locate crashlog.txt file in your adb installation folder then send it to me. In most cases the culprit can be identified and addressed using this file. Otherwise, I may send a you specially build apk to get the full stacktrace.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick question? The S24 plus is supported? (I have been using the app with all my past past phones, it's a must have app!)
    Yes, just read and follow the provided installation notes for OneUI6+ devices.
    If I pay via App on the Google App Store, do I need to keep it installed that app?
    no.
    View attachment 5689911View attachment 5689913View attachment 5689915

About this app:

Refresh Rate Mods
    • Change default refresh rates
      -Easily change the overall refresh rate settings of devices supporting multiple refresh rates.
      -Set supported mid refresh rates as the maximum refresh rate limit for battery savings (e.g. 96hz instead of 120Hz).
      -Quick settings shortcut
      -tasker plugin support.

• Motion smoothness mode switcher(Normal, Adaptive or High)***
      -Set you device motion smoothness mode to stationary refresh rates (high mode) for better smoothness if so desired on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness with a little trade-off to the battery.
      -Apply adaptive mod on device that don't natively support adaptive mode [premium]
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Per-app refresh rate settings:
      Set different refresh rate settings for every app either adaptive or fixed(stationary) [premium].

• Motion smoothness on power saving mode (not working to all devices with OneUI4.**+, test first). ***
      -GMH will apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode (PSM) on supported Samsung smartphones.
      -Automatically apply workaround when PSM is enabled [premium]
    Need extra steps on Note20U starting OneUI4.* except when rooted with magisk and using lsposed. Test it first
    Screen-off Mods:
    • Force to Lowest Hz: Force the lowest refresh rate on screen-off or Always-On Display(AOD). This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since OneUI3.0) to improve standby power consumption a bit.
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Auto disable Autosync***

• Quick-doze mod
      -
      Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion [premium].***
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround)
      -Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked to help minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.
      -Tasker plug-in support

- Supports up to OneUI4.1 only (api blocked in OneUI5)

Others
    • Battery protection mod (Experimental)
      -Option to set maximum charge to 86%-95%(for OneUI4+)[premium]

• Quick resolution switcher
      -Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***
      -Tasker plugin support

Caution!! Be careful on applying CQHD+ on Note20Ultra with OneUI4.* - it causes the UI to shrink after reboot or long sleep that causes difficulty on entering the lockscreen.

• Customizable refresh rate monitor
      -
      Use statusbar or overlay which you can place anywhere on screen.
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Net speed statusbar indicator

OneUI inspired UI. Dynamic theme and Icon. Manual language selection

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis (not per user).

***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery usage p is very negligible .[/TD]

Info:
    This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

If google play protect will prompt during install that the app is built for older version of android and doesn't include the latest privacy protections, you can ignore it and proceed to the installation. For privacy related concern, please refer to FAQ No. 3.

Download|InstallationNotes|Changelogs

CAUTION!!! SOMEONE IS TRYING TO TAMPER THIS APP AND FILL IT WITH TROJAN. DON'T DOWNLOAD ELSEWHERE
    Github wiki (Please read before posting questions)

Localization/Translations

Contributors
    Italian: @Orlaf
    German:devj3ns, drbeat
    Russian: @a43
    Swedish:Steffe2
    Turkish: osmanakar312
    Greek: Nick
    Spanish: @Sebastiansm
    Czech: Chrono Leggionaire
    Simplified Chinese: xiaolu7233123
    French: Jaxom84
    Polish: Pichulec
    Korean: chicking86, 최운택
    Lithuanian: @Klaudas
    If you want to contribute on translations, please send me a message.

Changelogs:

Try to clear data of this app if you encounter issues after update.
    Please report any bug that persist. Thank you.

Please check here for the latest changelogs

Previous changelogs (old app)

v5.40
    - Fixed landscape orientation layout bug and other layout improvements
    - Added support for Note 20 Ultra Non-5G models (all features)

v5.26
    - Fixed disabled "High/Fixed Motion Smoothness Mode" switcher on Galaxy Z Fold 2. You should be able to use this function now in Z Fold 2.
    - Fixed force close bug on Galaxy Z Fold 2
    -Fixed missing resolution label for Galaxy S20 series
    - Other code clean up

v5.20
    - Qs tiles for refresh rate control and resolution switcher now have dynamic icons. Better visibility for partially expanded notification panel.
    - Added high/fixed refresh rate mode/option for Galaxy Note20 Ultra and Z Fold2. If enabled, the device will be set to 'High Motion Smoothness' mode and refresh rates will behave like the Galaxy S20 series.

v5.00
    - Added support for Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra and S20FE. Resolution switcher is not applicable to S20 FE.
    - Renamed app to Galaxy Max Hz

v4.00
    -Added 'Resolution - Motion Smoothness Mode' switcher (button and qs tile). Switch resolution and motion smoothness mode anytime even on medium power saving mode. This specific function requires ADB.

v3.00
    - Changed overlay display FPS to screen refresh rate (Hz)
    - Refresh rate monitor now switches color to red if 60hz or below and to green if above 60hz
    - Added toggle switch for refresh rate monitor on app's home screen

v2.00
    - The 3-way toggle button and quick settings (qs) tile are now aware if the current Motion Smoothness mode is set to Adaptive or not. If not, they will show 'Standard' and will open the display settings when clicked
    - The switch for the FPS monitor overlay is moved to a new qs tile. You can now turn the FPS monitor ON/OFF anywhere without opening the app.
    - Changed text color of fps monitor from red to green. Green color has the longest lifespan in amoled, so lesser chance of amoled burn.

v1.00 Initial release

If you want to get GMH Premium features and/or support GMH development but paypal is not available in your place, you can use Google Play Store.
    Just download GMH Donation app from Google Play Store.

Note: The price might be slightly higher due to the relatively higher tax imposed on play store.
    Apologies for being inactive in the past weeks due to some medical/family reasons.
    I will still be inactive in the next 1 or 2 weeks.
    Thank you for understanding.
    GMH_v7.14.16 in-app update now available:
    -fixed bug: unable to turn off accessibility when no feature requiring such is enabled
    -experimental workaround for enabling Adaptive/High refresh rate on PSM on OneUi4.0
    -other bug fixes
    v7.12.20 in-app update is now available. :)
    - Fixed intermittent bugs:
    - Power saving mode on screen-off: PSM not turning off back on screen on.
    - Turn-off autosync on screen off: autosync not turning on back on screen on