[App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)

Search This thread

sideger

Mar 27, 2018
Hi! Have you already gotten the activation code?

Hi! How frequent is this happening? Pls try adding GMH in Settings / Device Care / Memory / Excluded Apps

Hello! This is happening daily after long period of inactivity (sleep time). I'll try what you suggested and report back in a couple of days.

Thank you!

sideger

Mar 27, 2018
Hi, today I woke up and the behaviour is still the same. Any way I can isolate how it is happening?

Here's the vid capture this morning.

Attachments

• 2022-03-04_06-32-51.mp4
    16.6 MB · Views: 0

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Hi, today I woke up and the behaviour is still the same. Any way I can isolate how it is happening?

Here's the vid capture this morning.
This is strange. I'll look more into why this is happening on your device.
Is this happening only when setting min hz to 48Hz?
Thank you.

sideger

Mar 27, 2018
Probably it is though I am not quite sure. I reset my phone today to try and isolate the issue but I can't activate premium. Can you help?
Screenshot_20220307-002154_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg

Gallicus

May 17, 2020
Hi! Have you already gotten the activation code?
Hi, I don't remember how I activated the application after buying it, probably with the activation code. now i can't find the code but i have the paypal receipt.
Is it possible to retrieve the activation code with the paypal receipt code?

sideger

Mar 27, 2018
Hi! I am still having the same stuck 60hz even after factory reset when on PS mode. I only have some social media apps and some banking apps currently installed.

I've disabled all the optimizations and stuff I think that can make this app stop working when in PS mode.

I also haven't installed any good lock apps to try and isolate this issue.

Rekon78

Sep 13, 2012
Hi, after UI4.1 update I have same issue as @sideger. I can't set screen to 96hz, I can only choose between 60hz or 120hz. Setting screen for 96hz doesnt work, it is just 60hz all the time.

Reactions: aleksander002

brodieb321

Oct 12, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21
Hi! I am still having the same stuck 60hz even after factory reset when on PS mode. I only have some social media apps and some banking apps currently installed.

I've disabled all the optimizations and stuff I think that can make this app stop working when in PS mode.

I also haven't installed any good lock apps to try and isolate this issue.
I am also experiencing this issue on one ui 4.1. I can work around this by toggling between adaptive and high under refresh rate mods.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About this app:
    • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates (e.g. note20 ultra, s20/S20+/S20Ultra, z fold 2, s21/s21+/s21Ultra, tab S7/S7+, z fold 3, z flip 3). This app can limit max refresh rate to 96hz (or any available refresh rate) on supported smartphones - you can save power with negligible difference on smoothness. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

Please check note for 96Hz on S21 here

• Force High: Option to use High(Fixed) motion smoothness mode on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness***

Current Samsung smartphones natively supporting adaptive refresh rates:
      • Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
      • Galaxy Z Fold 2
      • Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra
      • Galaxy Z Flip 3
      • Galaxy Z Fold 3
    • Refresh Rate Monitor: Observe how multiple refresh rates work on your device. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***

• Quick High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: Easily switch to high or adaptive motion smoothness mode (from Standard) even on power saving mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Tasker support: Automate GMH settings with tasker app. Supported actions/variables: Max Refresh Rate, Keep Motion Smoothness on PSM, Motion Smoothness Mode, Quick-doze Mod, Change Screen Resolution, Auto Sensors Off. More info in FAQs below.

Premium Features:

• Keep High/Adaptive motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled whether manually or by the system/adaptive power saving***

• Adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the stock Adaptive motion smoothness (e.g. S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+) with the ability to set the brightness threshold for its activation***

• Quick-doze mod: Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion ***

• Set minimum refresh rate for adaptive mode to 60hz or lower (if supported)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround):
      Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked. This helps minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.

• Statusbar net speed indicator

• 7-day Premium Trial is available. Just click "Activate Premium|Trial" button and activate free trial when prompted.

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis.
    ***these marked features require a one-time ADB setup (this is not root)

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup. Just ignore the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time.

Download

Note for S21:

Read FAQs and more info in
    here
    v6.64.10 is up! :)
    - Fixed intermittent bug of freezing refresh rate to lowest hz after unlock when force lowest Hz mod is enabled
    Hello, with the new update, my s21 dont go to 96 in adaptative, only go 120 to 60 to 48, con i fix that ? Thanks
    Same here, any fix? Thnaks @tribalfs
    On my S21 in the adaptive mode, it can go up as high as 60Hz but it can go down to 48hz. I have to set a HIGH profile and set it to 96, but then it does not drop to 48Hz. So do I have to buy a premium for that feature?

https://ibb.co/ygC5v9d
    In certain low brightness condition, the system prevents it to go 96Hz on S21. Samsung seems to have increased the brightness threshold for 96Hz in OneUI4.1. Unfortunately, GMH can't override this behavior. It reportedly works on power saving on lower brightness though as reported by @sideger below.

I'm here to confirm this is happening to me also. I can only have 96hz on PSM and only at certain brightness of about 45%.

I do hope it goes back to before where I can set around 20% ish brightness and still have 96hz.
    But i thnik its a bug like the note 20 ultra the furst time... All in one the Software on the s21 ultra seems a bit "beta" like
    Currently rolling out in Honk Kong... This could be the update that fixes how low the refresh rate goes.
    Samsung's Note20 Ultra Variable Refresh Rate Display Explained (anandtech.com)

This article explains the refresh rates and the difference between the 60/120hz we see on the overlay (which I believe this app uses) and the 10hz figure quoted by samsung, which is at a hardware/driver level.

The only real way to tell if it is dropping below 60hz is comparing power drain, and at the moment the S21U power draw at 60hz and adaptive is very similar. You can see in the link below, that the adaptive refresh is working, as in low brightness (<40lux) where the phone is forced to 120hz mode regardless of content vs the reduced power consumption when in >40lux.

Investigating The Galaxy S21 Ultra New OLED Emitter: Huge Efficiency Improvements (anandtech.com)

Also when I use the BT Sport app on myS21U in full screen, the overlay drops to 48hz, so it does work, just app dependent (i.e. YouTube stays at 60), and the UI seems to default to 60hz unless told otherwise.