Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)

Search This thread

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
v7.13.00 in-app update now up.

tribalfs said:
v7.13
Anti-flicker: added minimum brightness threshold for Adaptive mod similar to the native one. When the device's display brightness falls below the set minimum brightness threshold, adaptive mod will pause and will resume once the brightness increases again above the threshold. This is for devices who are experiencing flickers when refresh rate switches at certain low brightness level.
Stability and bug fixes

Ash_Knight

Jul 22, 2021

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210806-222100_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    Screenshot_20210806-222100_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    592.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_20210806-222034_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    Screenshot_20210806-222034_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 82

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Set this one instead.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210807-035838_XDA Developers.jpg
    Screenshot_20210807-035838_XDA Developers.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 59

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
This doesn't help, still cant set any valid mhz value in tasker. But mhz toggling both in app and status bar works
Oh I missed that you are referring to tasker. But it's strange. I just check it now it works. See attached.

Edit: Try updating to the latest version.

Attachments

• 2021-08-07_04-38-18.mp4
    12.7 MB · Views: 0

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
v7.14.00 in-app update now available. :)
tribalfs said:
v7.14
Added Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround): Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked. With tasker support so you can enable and disable this setting on the conditions you set.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
v7.14.10 in-app update now available :)

-48hz on force lowest on screen off/AOD now works on S20/+/Ultra on any refresh rate mode
-improvements on brightness threshold for adaptive mod performance(anti-flicker)
-added quick settings tille to toggle min hz for adaptive mod on supported devices
-added tasker option to toggle min hz for adaptive mod on supported devices
-other fixes

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
v7.14.11 in-app update now available
-fixed force closes occurring in v7.14.10 on some device

n_boy86

Jul 9, 2009
Hello can you change color to white on the hz number cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210917-070307_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210917-070307_Chrome.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 33

rishiduke

May 24, 2013
Hi, I'm running One ui 4 beta on S21+, the netspeed monitor seems to randomly quit and after opening the app it restarts again. Is it possible to fix it? also, been quite a while since any update /posts here, all well?

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
v7.14.17 in-app update now available
-Auto sensors off workaround for OneUI4.0
-Fixed bug: setting min hz for adaptive (%lhz) usingTasker not working
-Fixed bug: unable to turn off accessibility when no feature requiring such is enabled
-experimental workaround for enabling Adaptive/High refresh rate on PSM on OneUI4.0
- other stability fixes

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Hi, I'm running One ui 4 beta on S21+, the netspeed monitor seems to randomly quit and after opening the app it restarts again. Is it possible to fix it? also, been quite a while since any update /posts here, all well?

v7.14.18 in-ap update:
-Fixed bugs on OneUi4.0: brightness threshold for adaptive mod bug, netspeed indicator bug
-Fixed bug on minimum hz tile and minimum hz tile tasker command

0rigin

Jan 1, 2013
Sh*topia
The app has never worked for me as intended, I doubt it works for others aswell. I'm on S21+, Android 11. When you set the slider to adaptive 96Hz, as soon as it drops to 60Hz, it just stays there, even though the app will report otherwise. OneUI inbuilt overlay reports the correct numbers. I'm also pretty sure "set to the lowest" still only drops framerate to 60 and not to 48, which is the lowest for my screen. I've had the same issue on multiple iterations of the app and also OneUI versions.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
The app has never worked for me as intended, I doubt it works for others aswell. I'm on S21+, Android 11. When you set the slider to adaptive 96Hz, as soon as it drops to 60Hz, it just stays there, even though the app will report otherwise. OneUI inbuilt overlay reports the correct numbers. I'm also pretty sure "set to the lowest" still only drops framerate to 60 and not to 48, which is the lowest for my screen. I've had the same issue on multiple iterations of the app and also OneUI versions.
Can you provide a screen recording... with all your settings. Thank you.

0rigin

Jan 1, 2013
Sh*topia
Can you provide a screen recording... with all your settings. Thank you.
Screen recorder only works in 60Hz, no high or adaptive refresh.

EDIT: Here's the screenshot though. And no, we're not in power saving mode. Once it switches to 60Hz, it stays there. And it never switches to 48Hz either.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220121-103244_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    Screenshot_20220121-103244_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Screen recorder only works in 60Hz, no high or adaptive refresh.

EDIT: Here's the screenshot though. And no, we're not in power saving mode. Once it switches to 60Hz, it stays there. And it never switches to 48Hz either.
Please check here

Questions and Bug Reports:

Feel free to ask questions relevant to this app here but ensure to read the FAQs first before doing so.

For suspected bugs, you can post it here (or send me a direct message). Read the FAQs also to check if it is an intended/expected behavior or not. Also check if the latest version is already installed in your device. Please include complete your complete device model number(should not be modified), android version, stock or modded rom, GMH version number and the issue/bug you are reporting and the steps/scenarios how to reproduce it. Support maybe limited on modded roms.

It some cases I maybe need to see a screenshot of your GMH settings and/or screen recording* showing the bug/issue. You can use this screen recording app capable of screen recording at high refresh rates

If GMH crashes on your device, please send me the crashlog of your device. Just execute the following adb command (do this after the crash):
Code:
adb logcat -b crash > crashlog.txt
Ctrl+C after 15seconds.
Then locate crashlog.txt file in your adb installation folder then send it to me. In most cases the culprit can be identified and addressed using this file. Otherwise, I may send a you specially build apk to get the full stacktrace.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
v7.14.19 in-app update:
  • Fixed: Retain previously selected mode(high or adaptive) when switching back from standard mode
  • Refresh rate overlay now visible on settings/notification panel and lockscreen - stock-like but customizable
  • Improved Swedish translations

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    gridart_20220121_203251929x-jpg.5514313

About this app:
    • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates (e.g. note20 ultra, s20/S20+/S20Ultra, z fold 2, s21/s21+/s21Ultra, tab S7/S7+, z fold 3, z flip 3). This app can limit max refresh rate to 96hz (or any available refresh rate) on supported smartphones - you can save power with negligible difference on smoothness. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Force High: Option to use High(Fixed) motion smoothness mode on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness***

Current Samsung smartphones natively supporting adaptive refresh rates:
      • Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
      • Galaxy Z Fold 2
      • Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra
      • Galaxy Z Flip 3
      • Galaxy Z Fold 3

• Refresh Rate Monitor: Show real-time screen refresh rate as statusbar icon and/or as overlay. Overlay size and location is adjustable. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***

• Quick High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: Easily switch to high or adaptive motion smoothness mode (from Standard) even on power saving mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Tasker plugin support: Automate GMH settings with Tasker app. Supported actions/variables: max refresh rate, min refresh rate, keep smooth motion on PSM, motion smoothness mode, quick-doze mod, change dispaly resolution, auto sensors off. More info in FAQs below

Premium Features:

• Keep High/Adaptive motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled whether manually or by the system/adaptive power saving***

• Adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the stock Adaptive motion smoothness (e.g. S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+) with the ability to set the brightness threshold for its activation***

• Quick-doze mod: Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion ***

• Set minimum refresh rate for adaptive mode to 60hz or lower (if supported)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround):
      Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked. This helps minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.

• Statusbar net speed indicator

• 7-day Premium Trial is available. Just click "Activate Premium|Trial" button and activate free trial when prompted.

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis.

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery consumption of this app is very negligible .

***these marked features require a one-time ADB setup (this is not root)

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup. Just ignore the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time.

Download

Read FAQs and more info here
    v7.14.17 in-app update now available
    -Auto sensors off workaround for OneUI4.0
    -Fixed bug: setting min hz for adaptive (%lhz) usingTasker not working
    -Fixed bug: unable to turn off accessibility when no feature requiring such is enabled
    -experimental workaround for enabling Adaptive/High refresh rate on PSM on OneUI4.0
    - other stability fixes

v7.14.18 in-ap update:
    -Fixed bugs on OneUi4.0: brightness threshold for adaptive mod bug, netspeed indicator bug
    -Fixed bug on minimum hz tile and minimum hz tile tasker command
    V6.50 is up!:)

Changelogs
    v6.50

- Fixed high mode not working on some S21/N20U devices
    - Show real-time refresh rate in notification and/or overlay
    - Added some language support
    - Improve notifications
    - App power consumption improvement
    - Ad-free trial added
    - Stability and other improvements

It continues with the same error, it goes from 96 to 60 and then to 48... on youtube expire the same thing happens, sometimes it goes to 60 and sometimes to 48 and before it was from 96 to 48 without scales.
    This is a normal behavior