Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)

Search This thread

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Installed the latest v8 beta, do you have plans to have 120hz @ max resolution in PSM working on the s21u?

Also, no matter what I tried, per app settings were not working for any apps I tried. Reverted to latest v7 for now.
120hz on PSM was already implemented long time ago. Supposed to work on any resolution on S21U.
Did it stop working on S21U?

Did you clear app data after install or clean install v8-alpha7 (note: not yet beta)? It's required if coming from v7.

Thanks.

120hz on PSM was already implemented long time ago. Supposed to work on any resolution on S21U.
Did it stop working on S21U?

Did you clear app data after install or clean install v8-alpha7 (note: not yet beta)? It's required if coming from v7.

Thanks.
Sorry, forgot to mention that I cleared data, even did a reinstall and ADB again for the hell of it. 120hz in PSM wasn't working at all. It was locked at 60 no matter what.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For those who are interested to try/test. Major changes are made to this version including the added per-app settings and separate min max hz settings for power saving mode. Completely redesigned (OneUI inspired). I'll write the complete change list later. Still on Alpha - unexpected behaviors may occur.
    Clearing app data is required after installing.
    Thank you.
    v8.0.0-alpha8 now available.
    Should fix non-working Per-app settings issue on some devices resulting from conflict with OneHandOperatioin+ app's overlay and the likes.
    yep, known behavior. afaik, explanation is in the OP. btw, v7.14.58 is pro'ly the best so far. again, thanks much for your work, @tribalfs 👍
    I found with this app I got less battery life
    Sorry, forgot to mention that I cleared data, even did a reinstall and ADB again for the hell of it. 120hz in PSM wasn't working at all. It was locked at 60 no matter what.
    Thanks. I found the problem. Missed to include 120 & 96 in WQHD+ in our backend (affecting v8-alpha only). Already corrected.
    gridart_20220121_203251929x-jpg.5514313

About this app:
    • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates (e.g. note20 ultra, s20/S20+/S20Ultra, z fold 2, s21/s21+/s21Ultra, tab S7/S7+, z fold 3, z flip 3). This app can limit max refresh rate to 96hz (or any available refresh rate) on supported smartphones - you can save power with negligible difference on smoothness. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Force High: Option to use High(Fixed) motion smoothness mode on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness***. Current Samsung smartphones that natively support adaptive refresh rates include the Galaxy S21 Ultra.

• Refresh Rate Monitor: Show real-time screen refresh rate as statusbar icon and/or as overlay. Overlay size and location is adjustable. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***

• Quick High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: Easily switch to high or adaptive motion smoothness mode (from Standard) even on power saving mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Tasker plugin support: Automate GMH settings with Tasker app. Supported actions/variables: max refresh rate, min refresh rate, keep smooth motion on PSM, motion smoothness mode, quick-doze mod, change dispaly resolution, auto sensors off. More info in FAQs below

Premium Features:

• Keep High/Adaptive motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled whether manually or by the system/adaptive power saving***

• Adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the stock Adaptive motion smoothness (e.g. S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+) with the ability to set the brightness threshold for its activation***

• Quick-doze mod: Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion ***

• Override default minimum refresh rate for adaptive to lower value(if supported)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Auto turn off Autosync: Turn off autosync settings while the screen is off.

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround):
      Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked. This helps minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.

• Statusbar net speed indicator

• 7-day Premium Trial is available. Just click "Activate Premium|Trial" button and activate free trial when prompted.

Note: The premium license is on a per-device basis (not per-user).

***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)
    Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery consumption of this app is very negligible .

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

Download
    Latest stable (v7.*)
    v8.00-alpha

Please read FAQs, changelogs and more information here (specially before asking questions or reporting bugs).
    Mate got a question for you, as many of us have issues with one wake lock, CameraService_worker. It trigger when you walk and only way to get rid of it is to disable sensors. Is there any chance you could make it happen in the app when screen is off? Add function for it as there is a tile from dev options but it's not perfect as it has to be done manually. Thanks
    Good suggestion. I have quick tile for sensors but maybe you could implement it in your app. Turn off when display off. Like with PSM
    Thank you for this suggestion. I'll do some research on this and check what I can do.
    v7.14.18 in-ap update:
    -Fixed bugs on OneUi4.0: brightness threshold for adaptive mod bug, netspeed indicator bug
    -Fixed bug on minimum hz tile and minimum hz tile tasker command
    Unfortunately no, that's a display calibration issue
    Mate got a question for you, as many of us have issues with one wake lock, CameraService_worker. It trigger when you walk and only way to get rid of it is to disable sensors. Is there any chance you could make it happen in the app when screen is off? Add function for it as there is a tile from dev options but it's not perfect as it has to be done manually. Thanks
    v7.14.00_beta now available
    Added auto SENSORS OFF experimental feature (no root needed).

1628178654581-jpeg.5378827