Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)

Search This thread

android_htc

Feb 24, 2011
See below

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211213-140702_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    Screenshot_20211213-140702_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 138

highon2str

Aug 29, 2010
Just installed the latest apk on a flip 3 but these are the only options I see? Activating premium doesn't change the option much.

What am I missing? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Screenshot_20211215-113519_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211215-113519_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    Screenshot_20211215-113519_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 86

FFW

May 24, 2020
Just in case someone wonders about the new system update for the Flip 3: I just updated to Android 12 after updating Galaxy Max Hz to 7.14.16. Works as good as before :cool:

Reactions: D4rk4

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
v7.14.17 in-app update now available
-Auto sensors off workaround for OneUI4.0
-Fixed bug: setting min hz for adaptive (%lhz) usingTasker not working
-Fixed bug: unable to turn off accessibility when no feature requiring such is enabled
-experimental workaround for enabling Adaptive/High refresh rate on PSM on OneUI4.0 (may not work on some)
- other stability fixes

Reactions: FFW and D4rk4

kwaazaar

Aug 26, 2011
OnePlus 6
I have adaptive min Hz set to 60, but in the status bar it says "Adaptive mode: 96-96". The frequency in the statusbar also keeps at 96 Hz. Am I missing something?

Edit: fixed after reloading profiles and changing the Min-Hz setting back to 60.

Last edited:
Reactions: tribalfs

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
v7.14.33 in-app update now available.
-Improved video player and PIP behavior on lowest min hz settings.
-Fixed FC when disabling accessibility service on some localizations
-Improved Greek translations
-GMH can now directly request WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS on rooted devices
-Other bug fixes

Reactions: leap_ahead

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
How to check if power saving mode working on screen off and auto disable sync ?
You can use adb.
Code:
adb shell dumpsys content
Execute after 10 secs. screen off.
This will return a lengthy output, just scroll back to the first few lines.
You can see like this:
Data connected: true
Battery saver: true
Background network restriction: disabled
Auto sync: u0=false

You can also confirm power saving, using any of the ff:
  • Set AOD to show always, and enable turn-off AOD on power saving settings. AOD should be gone after ~10secs. screen off.
  • Code:
    adb shell settings global get low_power
    This should output 1.

Reactions: leap_ahead

leap_ahead

Jul 2, 2009
You can use adb.
Code:
adb shell dumpsys content
Execute after 10 secs. screen off.
This will return a lengthy output, just scroll back to the first few lines.
You can see like this:
Data connected: true
Battery saver: true
Background network restriction: disabled
Auto sync: u0=false

You can also confirm power saving, using any of the ff:
  • Set AOD to show always, and enable turn-off AOD on power saving settings. AOD should be gone after ~10secs. screen off.
  • Code:
    adb shell settings global get low_power
    This should output 1.
Thanks i test with settings and working

Reactions: tribalfs

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
v7.14.38 in-app update
-Bug fixes

v7.14.36
-Removed horizontal center and right options on GMH refresh rate monitor overlay. These options cause adaptive refresh to jump back to highest refresh rate when the overlay changes - it is being detected by the updated Samsung's adaptive refresh rate algorithm like animation.

Reactions: twistedumbrella

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About this app:
    • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates (e.g. note20 ultra, s20/S20+/S20Ultra, z fold 2, s21/s21+/s21Ultra, tab S7/S7+, z fold 3, z flip 3). This app can limit max refresh rate to 96hz (or any available refresh rate) on supported smartphones - you can save power with negligible difference on smoothness. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Force High: Option to use High(Fixed) motion smoothness mode on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness***

Current Samsung smartphones natively supporting adaptive refresh rates:
      • Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
      • Galaxy Z Fold 2
      • Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra
      • Galaxy Z Flip 3
      • Galaxy Z Fold 3
    • Refresh Rate Monitor: Observe how multiple refresh rates work on your device. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***

• Quick High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: Easily switch to high or adaptive motion smoothness mode (from Standard) on supported Samsung smartphones.***

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Tasker plugin support: Automate GMH settings with Tasker app. Supported actions/variables: max refresh rate, min refresh rate, keep smooth motion on PSM, motion smoothness mode, quick-doze mod, change dispaly resolution. More info in FAQs below

Premium Features:

• Keep High/Adaptive motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled whether manually or by the system/adaptive power saving***
      *** Need extra steps starting OneUI5.* except when rooted with magisk and using lsposed. Test it first

• Adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the stock Adaptive motion smoothness (e.g. S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+) with the ability to set the brightness threshold for its activation***

• Quick-doze mod: Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion ***

• Set minimum refresh rate for adaptive mode to 60hz or lower (if supported)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround):
      Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked. This helps minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.

• Statusbar net speed indicator

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis.
    ***these marked features require a one-time ADB setup (this is not root)

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

Download|InstallationNotes|Changelogs
    Github wiki
    I have been trying this mod on my Flip 3 for a few hours, and can already see and feel a big difference.
    Battery drain has gone down, and heat generated by the cpu and battery is much improved.
    I have set it to Max 96Hz, and minimum 48Hz, and Doze mode ON.
    Screenshot_20210830-004523_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    Screenshot_20210830-004451_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    Still a very smooth experience.
    Brilliant 👍👍
    I have included a couple of screen shots of my settings for those interested?
    P.S.
    I have executed the ADB command to get full acces to all of the features.
    7.14.13_b working great on Serbia Android 12 👍

v7.14.10 in-app update now available :)

-48hz on force lowest on screen off/AOD now works on S20/+/Ultra on any refresh rate mode
    -improvements on brightness threshold for adaptive mod performance(anti-flicker)
    -added quick settings tille to toggle min hz for adaptive mod on supported devices
    -added tasker option to toggle min hz for adaptive mod on supported devices
    -other fixes
    v7.14.12 in-app update now available. :)
    -fixed force close when app is installed first time

Thank you @themaximillian for providing the crashlog..

v7.14.12 in-app update now available. :)
    -fixed force close when app is installed first time

Thank you @themaximillian for providing the crashlog..
    Thank you for excellent support.

Seems to be working fine now!