Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)

Search This thread

TeraJL

Aug 10, 2007
Porto
It seems that while watching YouTube videos in pip mode, it's always in 60hz, I've only noticed on stable version 8 (was on 8 beta before), but I'm not sure if it didn't had this issue or if I just didn't noticed

awww303

Aug 27, 2022
Hi there so i got a better idea on the beta mod,its about the adaptive refresh rate time delay, i think its better if we can have 0.5 sec delay instead of 1 sec ,but idk if it's possible

HellBoy78

May 2, 2021
I wonder why there is a price difference of 28 TL for the A70 device and 58 TL for the s21FE device. and I couldn't find a screen resolution downgrade

d0j0m0j0

Oct 31, 2016
Does turning on the "Refresh Rate Monitor" in the status bar, consume more battery? If yes, I'm guessing it wouldn't be noticable?

basvanasperdt

Aug 21, 2012
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Hi @tribalfs , thank you so much for all your efforts in supporting this phone. Got mine for a month now and installed your app on day 2. Works awesome mate, keep up the good work!

There is however 1 minor thing I'm noticing and I don't know what's causing it, whether it's a bug or just my own wrong settings or something.

Whenever I charge the phone with a regular charger at home, the app remains in adaptive mode (switching between 60-120hz). However when I charge my phone in the car / connect it to Android Auto, after disconnecting I notice the mode has always switched to standard which is 60hz max and I have to select adaptive again manually.

You guys have any idea how to resolve this minor but still a bit annoying issue?
Thanks a lot in advance!

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Hi @tribalfs , thank you so much for all your efforts in supporting this phone. Got mine for a month now and installed your app on day 2. Works awesome mate, keep up the good work!

There is however 1 minor thing I'm noticing and I don't know what's causing it, whether it's a bug or just my own wrong settings or something.

Whenever I charge the phone with a regular charger at home, the app remains in adaptive mode (switching between 60-120hz). However when I charge my phone in the car / connect it to Android Auto, after disconnecting I notice the mode has always switched to standard which is 60hz max and I have to select adaptive again manually.

You guys have any idea how to resolve this minor but still a bit annoying issue?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Will look into this issue. Thank you

Reactions: basvanasperdt

Rikikino

Sep 21, 2022
Hi, Is there a posibility to set refresh rate to high while using per-app setting to have 120Hz with power saving mode? Because if I use 120Hz with PSM bixby routines that lets me set screen to 60Hz doesnt work. And no, I dont want to use adaptive. Can you help me?

Fedepz

Mar 7, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Hi @tribalfs , I appreciate all the work, I think the app it's so mature that it's really useful. I have the phone for one week and i use the app since day 3 or 4.
I have a question.... There is any way to add more frequencies between 60 - 120, maybe i have to root?
Thank you

Rikikino

Sep 21, 2022
Hi @tribalfs , I appreciate all the work, I think the app it's so mature that it's really useful. I have the phone for one week and i use the app since day 3 or 4.
I have a question.... There is any way to add more frequencies between 60 - 120, maybe i have to root?
Thank you
S21 FE only supports 60 or 120 Hz Sorry

pauloup

Mar 13, 2018
Caxambu

Thanks a lot in advance!
I started having the the issue, although I don't use Android Auto.

I don't know what may cause this behavior, but after a while the current mode switches to Standard by itselft, what is 120Hz in my case (Poco F4 GT) and I have to manually get it back to Adaptive 60-120Hz.

It have started after 8.0.6, or maybe 8.0.5.

I have downgraded to 8.0.0, to wait for a fix, and it's working as expected now. Edit: The issue persisted on 8.0.0. I'll try to clear data and reinstall.

Let me know if there's something I can provide to help you @tribalfs to fix this. I really love this app.

Last edited:

g0andrey

Apr 10, 2020
I adjusted the custom colors in the display settings. And when the 60Hz adaptive frequency is turned on, the colors are reset to the default settings.
Samsung s21 FE

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
I adjusted the custom colors in the display settings. And when the 60Hz adaptive frequency is turned on, the colors are reset to the default settings.
Samsung s21 FE
Hi!
Galaxy Max Hz does not intervene or change color settings on the device. Whatever the system response with respect to that settings is leave as is.
Does this also occur with high mode or not?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My S21 FE shows me a Message that the App is developed for older Android Version and may not work properly. Check for Updates or contact the Developer.
    S21 FE runs with latest October Update. Is this an known Problem ?

Info:
    This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

If google play protect will prompt during install that the app is built for older version of android and doesn't include the latest privacy protections, you can ignore it and proceed to the installation. For privacy related concern, please refer to FAQ No. 3.
    Yes
    @tribalfs the app stopped working all of a sudden.

It doesn't load anymore, it is stuck at some kind of splash blue screen when I open it. I've cleared the app data and it's the same.

What could be the issue? I don't have access to a computer now to install the app again and give the necessary permissions.
    Try to manually update to v8.0.0.10 and clear app data. Download link in opening post
    I only see 8.0.0 and 7.14.58 versions in the opening post.
    It's the 8.0.0
    screenshot_20220819-154719_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689911
    screenshot_20220819-154703_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689913
    screenshot_20220819-154652_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689915

About this app:

Refresh Rate Mods

• Change default refresh rates
      -Easily change the overall refresh rate settings of devices supporting multiple refresh rates.
      -Set supported mid refresh rates as the maximum refresh rate limit for battery savings (e.g. 96hz instead of 120Hz).
      (S21 FE only supports 60hz and 120Hz)
      -Quick settings shortcut
      -Tasker plugin support

• Motion smoothness mode switcher(Normal, Adaptive or High)***
      -Set you device motion smoothness mode to stationary refresh rates (high mode) for better smoothness if so desired on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness with a little trade-off to the battery.
      -Apply adaptive mod on device that don't natively support adaptive mode [premium]
      -Tasker plugin support

• Per-app refresh rate settings:
      Set different refresh rate settings for every app either adaptive or fixed(stationary) [premium].****

• Motion smoothness on power saving mode (not working to all devices with OneUI4.**+, test first). ***
      -GMH will apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode (PSM) on supported Samsung smartphones.
      -Automatically apply workaround when PSM is enabled [premium]
      Note: This workaround is already blocked and not working in OneUi5.0.
    Screen-off Mods:
    • Force to Lowest Hz
      -Force the lowest refresh rate on screen-off or Always-On Display(AOD) to improve standby power consumption a bit.

-Select refresh rate to set for AOD/screen-off[premium]
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off ***

• Auto disable Autosync***

• Quick-doze mod
      -
      Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion [premium]***
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround)
      -Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked to help minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used [premium]
      -Tasker plug-in support
    Others
    • Battery protection mod (Experimental)
      -Option to set maximum charge to 86%-95%(for OneUI4+)[premium]

• Customizable refresh rate monitor
      -
      Use statusbar or overlay which you can place anywhere on screen.
      -Tasker plugin support

• Net speed statusbar indicator
    OneUI inspired UI. Dynamic theme and Icon. Manual language selection

Note: Premium license is on a per device basis (not per user)

*** these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)
    ****requires ADB for S21FE

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery usage p is very negligible

Info:
    This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

If google play protect will prompt during install that the app is built for older version of android and doesn't include the latest privacy protections, you can ignore it and proceed to the installation. For privacy related concern, please refer to FAQ No. 3.

Download
    v8.0.0

v7.14.58

Changelogs
    Github wiki

I don't have this bug, so it must be something else on your side?
    I found that "Prevent switching to high mode" toggle fixed the issue. Thanks!
    after trying it turned out that version 7.14.20 the resolution can be 2340, 7.14.30 is 2400
    Yes, I mistakenly changed the in-app profile to 2400 in the latest version, thinking it's the right one for S21 FE .
    But I already reverted to 2340 the profile on my backend. So everyone can reload it even in v7.14.30. while connected to the internet.
    I'll revert the in-app to 2340 in the next update.

Will this be fixed for 7.14.30 or should i downgrade?
    No need to downgrade. Just reload profile while connected to internet so the device will get the backend copy.
    Sadly, on the S21 FE we cannot select 96hz. Only 60 and 120. Also, screen off refresh rate can only be set to 60.
    Screenshot_20220112-162000_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg Screenshot_20220112-162123_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg