Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)

Search This thread

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
It was the volume control bar, everytime it pops up or goes out the frame rate goes up to 120. But I assume there is nothing to do about it.
It's intentional for the volume bar animation

Since when did it stop working on PSM on S21FE?

Can you also show the refresh rate in the screen recording? Can't differentiate it without it.
Thank you.

Anyone experiencing the same?
Thank you.

Roei.e

May 5, 2022
It's intentional for the volume bar animation

Since when did it stop working on PSM on S21FE?

Can you also show the refresh rate in the screen recording? Can't differentiate it without it.
Thank you.

Anyone experiencing the same?
Thank you.

Here you go, it seems like the app sleeping or something, see after I opened the app it works. Also I think since the June update it started

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014

Here you go, it seems like the app sleeping or something, see after I opened the app it works. Also I think since the June update it started
I still didn't see the refresh rate overlay.

Please check if have done the ff:
In rare cases, GMH background process is being destroyed by the system. To avoid this, grant allow background activities or ignore battery optimization to GMH. If you are using Priority Mode in Game Launcher, adding GMH to the excluded list is required.

If the issue still persists, GMH might be crashing on your device. If this is the case, please provide us the crashlog (refer to Questions and Bug Reports section below on how).

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Hope we can get feedback from other S21 FE users if they are experiencing the same issue. To filter out if this issue is isolated to your device or on S21FE in general.

Roei.e

May 5, 2022
@tribalfs It's strange, when the app open or in the background it works perfectly.
Maybr its because I lately run a command,
"adb shell cmd package bg-dexopt-job"

capesso

Jul 8, 2022
i have a problem with Procedures to grant Galaxy Max Hz the WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS permission using ADB
my S22 Ultra is unauthorized , see bellow what i have when type adb devices:
D:\Temp\Platform Tool\platform-tools>adb devices
List of devices attached
R3CXVVNN99A unauthorized

Update:
i resolved problem

Last edited:

Roei.e

May 5, 2022
I don't know if that's related to the problem, but resolution change is "not supported anynore"

Screenshot_20220709-005127_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you able to upload the APK here, the in app updater is reinstalling alpha3 even though it detects that alpha4 is out.
    Sorry, missed to update download link. Pls do this to get the corrected one. Set to beta in update settings (save) > set it back again to alpha (save) > check update.

Thank you
    About this app:
    • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Force High: Option to use High(Fixed) motion smoothness mode on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness***

Current Samsung smartphones natively supporting adaptive refresh rates:
      • Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
      • Galaxy Z Fold 2
      • Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra
      • Galaxy Z Flip 3
      • Galaxy Z Fold 3
      • Galaxy S22, S22+, S22 Ultra

• Refresh Rate Monitor: Show real-time screen refresh rate as statusbar icon and/or as overlay. Overlay size and location is adjustable. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***

• High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: The app will apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0 on some models) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Tasker plugin support: Automate GMH settings using the app's Tasker plugin support. Supported actions/variables: Max Refresh Rate, Keep Motion Smoothness on PSM, Motion Smoothness Mode, Quick-doze Mod, Change Screen Resolution. (new in v7.10). More info in FAQs below.

Premium Features:

• Keep High/Adaptive motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled The app will automatically apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***

• ADAPTIVE refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the stock Adaptive motion smoothness like Note 20 Ultra and S21Ultra (e.g. S21 FE, S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+) with the ability to set the brightness threshold for its activation***

• Quick-doze mod: Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion ***

• Set minimum refresh rate for adaptive mode to 60hz or lower (if supported)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround):
      Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked. This helps minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.

• Statusbar net speed indicator

• 3-day Premium Trial is available. Just click "Activate Premium|Trial" button and activate free trial when prompted.

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis.

***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery consumption of this app is very negligible .

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

Download
    Latest stable (v7.14.58)
    v8.00-alpha

Please read FAQs, changelogs and more information here (specially before asking questions or reporting bugs).

I don't have this bug, so it must be something else on your side?
    I found that "Prevent switching to high mode" toggle fixed the issue. Thanks!
    after trying it turned out that version 7.14.20 the resolution can be 2340, 7.14.30 is 2400
    Yes, I mistakenly changed the in-app profile to 2400 in the latest version, thinking it's the right one for S21 FE .
    But I already reverted to 2340 the profile on my backend. So everyone can reload it even in v7.14.30. while connected to the internet.
    I'll revert the in-app to 2340 in the next update.

Will this be fixed for 7.14.30 or should i downgrade?
    No need to downgrade. Just reload profile while connected to internet so the device will get the backend copy.
    Sadly, on the S21 FE we cannot select 96hz. Only 60 and 120. Also, screen off refresh rate can only be set to 60.
    Screenshot_20220112-162000_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg Screenshot_20220112-162123_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    Are you able to upload the APK here, the in app updater is reinstalling alpha3 even though it detects that alpha4 is out.
    Sorry, missed to update download link. Pls do this to get the corrected one. Set to beta in update settings (save) > set it back again to alpha (save) > check update.

Thank you