Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)

Search This thread

danannnn

Sep 13, 2019
Thank you. I can confirm the bug occuring after unlock. Will work on the fix.

On your Q, try setting to High mode.
Thanks for the reply. Looking forward for the fix. Feel free to DM me if you want me to beta test it.

Setting to High mode seems to work to lock the game on 120hz.
I just haven't figured out a way to apply it automatically when I load the game, since I'd prefer to keep it on Adaptive for everyday usage and only lock certain apps on 120hz.

Using Bixby Routines I can switch automatically between Standard and Adaptive when the app is open, but not High as it isn't made available by Samsung.

If I may make a suggestion, maybe there could be a "Force refresh rate" option in the Per-app settings (for Fixed mode) where it applies the refresh rate using the same method as in High mode.
I realize Per-app settings is new and have no idea if this is feasible, however.

Cheers

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Thanks for the reply. Looking forward for the fix. Feel free to DM me if you want me to beta test it.

Setting to High mode seems to work to lock the game on 120hz.
I just haven't figured out a way to apply it automatically when I load the game, since I'd prefer to keep it on Adaptive for everyday usage and only lock certain apps on 120hz.

Using Bixby Routines I can switch automatically between Standard and Adaptive when the app is open, but not High as it isn't made available by Samsung.

If I may make a suggestion, maybe there could be a "Force refresh rate" option in the Per-app settings (for Fixed mode) where it applies the refresh rate using the same method as in High mode.
I realize Per-app settings is new and have no idea if this is feasible, however.

Cheers
You can use Fixed Mode in per-app settings. This is almost the same to High Mode.
There are certain games however that can't be forced to high refresh rates (e.g. 120Hz) depending on its configuration.

danannnn

Sep 13, 2019
You can use Fixed Mode in per-app settings. This is almost the same to High Mode.
There are certain games however that can't be forced to high refresh rates (e.g. 120Hz) depending on its configuration.
I tried that, but got different results as follows:

1) Adaptive mode (24hz-120hz, as default). Per-app set to Fixed 120hz. Game ignores setting and runs at lower refresh rate.
2) High mode (120hz). No Per-app setting (it's force disabled). Game runs at 120hz. Also works when setting to other fixed refresh rates (like 96hz).

This is why I presume the method is somehow different. Game is Genshin Impact.

Adaptive mode + Per-app settings (fixed to 120hz) works on other types of apps (like browser and mxplayer).

I'll give a try setting Genshin to run on Standard mode (60hz) automatically through Bixby Routines, since the game doesn't really go over 60fps. The issue are the cutscenes where it drops below that and stutters when on Adaptive.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
I tried that, but got different results as follows:

1) Adaptive mode (24hz-120hz, as default). Per-app set to Fixed 120hz. Game ignores setting and runs at lower refresh rate.
2) High mode (120hz). No Per-app setting (it's force disabled). Game runs at 120hz. Also works when setting to other fixed refresh rates (like 96hz).

This is why I presume the method is somehow different. Game is Genshin Impact.

Adaptive mode + Per-app settings (fixed to 120hz) works on other types of apps (like browser and mxplayer).

I'll give a try setting Genshin to run on Standard mode (60hz) automatically through Bixby Routines, since the game doesn't really go over 60fps. The issue are the cutscenes where it drops below that and stutters when on Adaptive.
Do you mean it goes down to 24Hz on Fixed mode or just 60Hz?

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
V8.0.0.2 in-app update:
-Fixed bug on per-app settings not being restored after turning off and turning on the screen.

Reactions: danannnn

explorer-10

Dec 28, 2010
L.A.
Galaxy S22+, 96/120hz not kicking in while on PSM :(
Have even tried opening GMaps, force closing and repeat multiple times, nothing. I have it set to adaptive from 24-96 or 24-120

Last edited:

danannnn

Sep 13, 2019
V8.0.0.2 in-app update:
-Fixed bug on per-app settings not being restored after turning off and turning on the screen.
Got the update and confirm fix worked. Thanks so much!

By the way, I changed Genshin version from Galaxy Store to Play Store (they install as different packages) and the stutter is fixed on Play Store version. Don't ask me why.

Reactions: tribalfs

astankov

Nov 25, 2012
With the older version refresh rate was going down to 10Hz after the update goes only to 24.

Gilzam

Nov 9, 2022
Hey tribalfs first of all thank you for this amazing app. I have this running on both my S20+ and S22+. It runs great on my S20+. On my S22+ tho I found a glitch of some kind. The refresh rate monitor from the app and the one from the developers option does not coincide. The one from the app lags or is slow to change the when the drop happens. My question is which refresh rate monitor shows the real-time change in refresh rate?

I'll attach a pic for your reference. Hope to get a feedback from you soon. More power brother!

Attachments

• 20221110_072039.jpg
    20221110_072039.jpg
    814.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20221110_071931.jpg
    20221110_071931.jpg
    606.3 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: tribalfs

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Hey tribalfs first of all thank you for this amazing app. I have this running on both my S20+ and S22+. It runs great on my S20+. On my S22+ tho I found a glitch of some kind. The refresh rate monitor from the app and the one from the developers option does not coincide. The one from the app lags or is slow to change the when the drop happens. My question is which refresh rate monitor shows the real-time change in refresh rate?

I'll attach a pic for your reference. Hope to get a feedback from you soon. More power brother!
Hi! Please check FAQ #11 regarding this. Thank you.

Reactions: Gilzam

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi! Please check FAQ #11 regarding this. Thank you.

screenshot_20220819-102810_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689917
    screenshot_20220819-102819_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689919
    screenshot_20220819-102912_galaxy-maxhz-jpg.5689921

About this app:

Refresh Rate Mods
    • Change default refresh rates
      -Easily change the overall refresh rate settings of devices supporting multiple refresh rates.
      -Set supported mid refresh rates as the maximum refresh rate limit for battery savings (e.g. 96hz instead of 120Hz).
      -Quick settings shortcut
      -Tasker plugin support

• Motion smoothness mode switcher(Normal, Adaptive or High)***
      -Set you device motion smoothness mode to stationary refresh rates (high mode) for better smoothness if so desired on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness with a little trade-off to the battery.
      -Apply adaptive mod on device that don't natively support adaptive mode [premium]
      -Tasker plugin support

• Per-app refresh rate settings:
      Set different refresh rate settings for every app either adaptive or fixed(stationary) [premium].

• Motion smoothness on power saving mode (not working to all devices with OneUI4.**+, test first). ***
      -GMH will apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode (PSM) on supported Samsung smartphones.
      -Automatically apply workaround when PSM is enabled [premium]

Note: It's reported that this workaround is blocked and not working in OneUi5.0 on S22+

Screen-off Mods:
    • Force to Lowest Hz
      -Force the lowest refresh rate on screen-off or Always-On Display(AOD) to improve standby power consumption a bit.
      -Select refresh rate to set for AOD/screen-off[premium]
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off ***

• Auto disable Autosync***

• Quick-doze mod
      -
      Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion [premium]***
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround)
      -Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked to help minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used [premium]
      -Tasker plug-in support
      - Supports up to OneUI4.* only
    Others
    • Battery protection mod (Experimental)
      -Option to set maximum charge to 86%-95%(for OneUI4+)[premium]

• Quick resolution switcher
      -Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***
      -Tasker plugin support

• Customizable refresh rate monitor
      -
      Use statusbar or overlay which you can place anywhere on screen.
      -Tasker plugin support

• Net speed statusbar indicator
    OneUI inspired UI. Dynamic theme and Icon. Manual language selection

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis (not per user).

***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery usage p is very negligible .

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

Download
    v8.0.0

v7.14.58

Changelogs
    Github wiki
    I used the 96hz on my S20 with no issues. I can't get it to work on my S22+. Any suggestions? I don't and don't plan on using ADB.

**UPDATE**
    I figured it out. The thing is that every time i reboot my phone, it goes back to 120z.

**UPDATE 2** Launching or using the camera immediately switches it down to 60hz as well.
    v7.14.35 in-app update
    -Bug fixes
    See more activity over on the S22 thread. Looks like adaptive 96hz is no more huh?
    Hi @tribalfs, just purchased your app.
    But found an issue on my s22+

Adaptive Mode: set to 10hz. Some games will lower to 10hz while idle even though games animation still moving or running which make it looks like laggy.
    For those who are interested to try/test. Major changes are made to this version including the added per-app settings and separate min max hz settings for power saving mode. Completely redesigned (OneUI inspired). I'll write the complete change list later. Still on Alpha - unexpected behaviors may occur. Clearing app data is required after installing.
    Thank you.