Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)

Search This thread

mourao

Mar 6, 2013
Aracaju
Bringing the discussion from the other thread:

Seems like setting 10Hz as the minimum value makes it ignore the content on screen, so after a short time without any touch inputs it simply decreases the refresh rate.

Updated to v7.14.56, and unlike others said, the problem was fixed on instagram, but still persists is some other apps such as Relay (3rd party reddit client).

Instagram was the main issue for me, so I'm somewhat satisfied, but it's still weird that some apps work as intended while others don't.

Elm3alem

Jul 31, 2013
Which is the Best Settings for most Power Saving without any noticeable delayed notification or missing important App running in the background updates !?

★ Making the Quick doz mode on "0" = no MW or MW after = 120 minutes!?

★ Enabling the power saving mode on screen off ! Or Disable it !?

As i think, that each time I close the screen off, it goes into P.saving mode, then when I open the screen on, it disable the power saving ,, the more frequently i open & close the screen, that may on the contrary increase power consumption 😅🙃

Please 🙏🏼 Advice 🤓

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Which is the Best Settings for most Power Saving without any noticeable delayed notification or missing important App running in the background updates !?

As i think, that each time I close the screen off, it goes into P.saving mode, then when I open the screen on, it disable the power saving ,, the more frequently i open & close the screen, that may on the contrary increase power consumption 😅🙃

Please 🙏🏼 Advice 🤓
Go for 0 with PSM on screen off for best standby power saving.
Either 0 or 120(mins) will have delays for some apps (those not delivered by Google's priority Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM)). For specific app(s) that you don't want delays on notifications , you can disable battery optimization on the app info settings. Enalbed PSM settings may also delay notifications on some apps - depends on whether the app implemented some background tasks throttling on PSM or not. But it's unlike doze, which is enforced by the system.
You don't have to worry about the impact of enabling and disabling on psm on screen off and on, unless you're opening and closing your screen every 5 seconds.

Reactions: Elm3alem

Elm3alem

Jul 31, 2013
Either 0 or 120(mins) will have delays for some apps (those not delivered by Google's priority Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM)). For specific app(s) that you don't want delays on notifications , you can disable battery optimization on the app info settings. Enalbed PSM settings may also delay notifications on some apps - depends on whether the app implemented some background tasks throttling on PSM or not. But it's unlike doze, which is enforced by the system.
You don't have to worry about the impact of enabling and disabling on psm on screen off and on, unless you're opening and closing your screen every 5 seconds.
Appreciate your time and support 🤗 thanks for the illustration and clarification 🙏🏼
I want to tell you that I'll no more enable 10hz and Go for 24hz for the touch delay when enabling 10hz after 2 months of use, plus, I'll disable power saving mode on screen off Mod, as I'm actually closing & open the device every 5 or 10 minutes for WhatsApp or Email or Facebook App notification so as i noticed it may be really consuming rather than saving battery consumption, I'll count on the Quick doz mode power saving for the most standby power saving,, Thanks Again 🤝🏻🙏🏼

Gymcode

Jan 21, 2019
I'm on Samsung S22.

I observed that 96Hz only work if the phone is above certain brightness level, and remains at 60Hz if below certain brightness level.

Is this the behavior?

xjust

Apr 5, 2014
any ideea how to make remote connection work in galaxy watch 4 while also in doze mode ?
my watch doesnt connect anymore remotely to the phone when the screen is off with doze enabled.

i tried disabling google framework and galaxy wearable battery optimization. no luck

as soon as I unlock the phone the watch connects, so its a restriction in doze that turns it off

without doze toggle on, the watch also connects when the phone is off..

thanks

John Cherios

Jan 19, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22
@tribalfs have bug on my s22 with the premium galaxy hz app. The status bar counter just doesnt update its just stuck after a certain time, I also feel like the adaptive just freezes on that certain refresh and does not update sometimes until I cycle between high refresh and back to adaptive and It goes back to normal

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220719-124431_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220719-124431_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 27
  • SmartSelect_20220719-124405_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220719-124405_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 26

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
For those who are interested to try/test. Major changes are made to this version including the added per-app settings and separate min max hz settings for power saving mode. Completely redesigned (OneUI inspired). I'll write the complete change list later. Still on Alpha - unexpected behaviors may occur. Clearing app data is required after installing.
Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About this app:
    • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates . This app can adjust the max refresh rate and min refresh rate on supported smartphones. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.
      Note: It's reported that after a certain Samsung's update, 96Hz on Adaptive Mode doesn't anymore work on S22 while on normal power mode. But still working while on power saving mode on certain brightness level. Unfortunately, this is beyond control of GMH.

• Force High: Option to use High(Fixed) motion smoothness mode on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness***. Current Samsung smartphones that natively support adaptive refresh rates include Galaxy S22.

• Refresh Rate Monitor: Show real-time screen refresh rate as statusbar icon and/or as overlay. Overlay size and location is adjustable. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***

• Quick High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: Easily switch to high or adaptive motion smoothness mode (from Standard) even on power saving mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Tasker plugin support: Automate GMH settings with Tasker app. Supported actions/variables: max refresh rate, min refresh rate, keep smooth motion on PSM, motion smoothness mode, quick-doze mod, change dispaly resolution, auto sensors off. More info in FAQs below

Premium Features:

• Keep High/Adaptive motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled whether manually or by the system/adaptive power saving***

• Adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the stock Adaptive motion smoothness (e.g. S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+) with the ability to set the brightness threshold for its activation***

• Quick-doze mod: Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion ***

• Override default minimum refresh rate for adaptive to lower value(if supported)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Auto turn off Autosync: Turn off autosync settings while the screen is off.

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental):
      Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked. This helps minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.

• 7-day Premium Trial is available. Just click "Activate Premium|Trial" button and activate free trial when prompted.
    Note: The premium license is on a per-device basis (not per-user).

***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery consumption of this app is very negligible .

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

Download
    Latest stable (v7.14.58)
    v8.0.0-alpha

Please read FAQs, changelogs and more information here (specially before asking questions or reporting bugs).
    v7.14.35 in-app update
    -Bug fixes
    v7.14.33 in-app update now available.
    -Improved video player and PIP behavior on lowest min hz settings.
    -Fixed FC when disabling accessibility service on some localizations
    -Improved Greek translations
    -Other bug fixes
    v7.14.34 in-app update:
    -Bug fixes

Please 🙏🏼 Advice 🤓