Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)

Search This thread

jt1954

Jul 11, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
***Moderator Announcement***

A couple of thoughts:
  • While feedback and constructive criticism are welcome, disrespect is not. Be aware that most developers on XDA work for free; they develop in their free time, and receive no compensation for doing so. Therefore, remember that you are owed absolutely nothing, and any posts demanding fixes/updates/etc will be removed.
  • Flaming and disrespect will not be tolerated. Compliance with the XDA Forum Rules is mandatory. Violations may result in administrative actions against your account.
  • If a post falls afoul of these guidelines, use the report button. Let the moderator staff handle it. Do not engage in arguments or flame wars.
Not sure if 3 is referring to me,

A couple of thoughts:
  • While feedback and constructive criticism are welcome, disrespect is not. Be aware that most developers on XDA work for free; they develop in their free time, and receive no compensation for doing so. Therefore, remember that you are owed absolutely nothing, and any posts demanding fixes/updates/etc will be removed.
  • Flaming and disrespect will not be tolerated. Compliance with the XDA Forum Rules is mandatory. Violations may result in administrative actions against your account.
  • If a post falls afoul of these guidelines, use the report button. Let the moderator staff handle it. Do not engage in arguments or flame wars.
I tested this app, but it's joke 🤣😂🤑. Just eat the battery.
How does his comment stay up but mine gets removed for being disrespectful? All I did was respond to him with the same attitude. Seems a little unfair. @tribalfs does great work and we won't allow anyone to come in here and discredit that.

bmonteiro

May 8, 2015
I don't know if this has already been reported but for me, the refresh rate gets stuck in 120hz in Youtube.

Cydras

Apr 20, 2011
Saarwellingen
Awesome App, thank you very much!

It's very strange why Samsung use 60Hz on Always on Display...
Now i have set AOD Display to 10Hz with Battery Saving Mode, awesome!

v7.14.54 in-app update now available.
-Bug fixes
Hey tribalfs,

After the latest update, my phone never drops below 96hz. I always ran it at 96-24 on my S22 Ultra and it was working perfectly before the update. Is there any way I can go back to the previous version?

I'd rather not uninstall and install the previous version from github because that would require me to do the ADB setup all over again, right? I don't have a Windows PC right now to do it.

It only works when I set the max Hz to 60, then it drops to 24 like normal. When set to 96Hz, it stays that way and doesn't drop.

Edit: nvm my brightness was just too low. Problem solved.
However, when the phone dims right before the screen turns off, it goes back from 24 to 96. Doesn't do this when set to 60-24. Is that normal?

Last edited:
Reactions: isillo

Top Liked Posts

Any fix for instander?
    It's included in this udpate.
    Does this version fix android auto bug?

Had a few thoughts:
    1. Is it possible to have an ON/OFF switch in the app?
    2. Is is possible to bypass certain apps from reducing hz? like when watching a youtube video, the framerate should not drop
    I think it's fixed. Never occured on my testing.
    1. Let me check
    2. Per-app setting currently in the works
    1654098910845.jpeg
    1654098927291.jpeg
    Thank you.
    v7.14.54 in-app update now available.
    -Bug fixes

Telegram has the same 10hz bug

Please check 7.14.56_3 in-app update.
    Thank you.
    Hi, @tribalfs in the latest ver 7.14.54_2 after using the keyboard, sometimes the refresh rate gets stuck at 48hz.
    You have to either sw off scren or open gmh app and reload profiles to get out of that state.
    Edit: I was able to reproduce it.
    Please update to v7.14.55 in-app update for the fix.
    Thank you.
    @tribalfs
    Just noticed there is an update of .54.2 and installed immediately. Finally the 120hz appears on my PSM again. It's wonderful. What has caused the issue? I will use for few hours and report back if the same issue occurs.

Just two more things:

1. I noticed sometimes the auto brightness isn't really responsive while using PSM eg the auto brightness doesn't move a bit of brighter when waking up the device although the environment is bright. Could this be improved?

2. The notification menu always needs to be pulled down while unlocking the device while the auto sensors off setting is on. Is there any chance this could be improved?

3. I noticed your screenshot set the minimum hz to 48hz or 60hz (Your device could have no lower hz than 48hz). Is there any noticeable benefit comparing to the minimum 24hz? Or the minimum 24hz is actually better.

Thanks for your work!
    1. Auto brightness is not a feature of GMH. The behavior is controlled by the system
    2. This is explained in one of the FAQs. Pls check.
    3. Lower hz is better for battery. Benefit varies on ones usage.
    Thank you.
    About this app:
    • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates . This app can adjust the max refresh rate and min refresh rate on supported smartphones. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Force High: Option to use High(Fixed) motion smoothness mode on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness***. Current Samsung smartphones that natively support adaptive refresh rates include Galaxy S22 Ultra.

• Refresh Rate Monitor: Show real-time screen refresh rate as statusbar icon and/or as overlay. Overlay size and location is adjustable. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***.

• Quick High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: Easily switch to high or adaptive motion smoothness mode (from Standard) even on power saving mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Tasker plugin support: Automate GMH settings with Tasker app. Supported actions/variables: max refresh rate, min refresh rate, keep smooth motion on PSM, motion smoothness mode, quick-doze mod, change dispaly resolution, auto sensors off. More info in FAQs below

Premium Features:

• Keep High/Adaptive motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled whether manually or by the system/adaptive power saving***

• Adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the stock Adaptive motion smoothness (e.g. S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+) with the ability to set the brightness threshold for its activation***

• Quick-doze mod: Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion ***

• Override default minimum refresh rate for adaptive to lower value(if supported)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Auto turn off Autosync: Turn off autosync data settings while the screen is off.

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental):
      Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked. This helps minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.

• Statusbar net speed indicator

• 7-day Premium Trial is available. Just click "Activate Premium|Trial" button and activate free trial when prompted.

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis.
    Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery consumption of this app is very negligible .

***these marked features require a one-time ADB setup (this is not root)

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

Download

Please read FAQs, changelogs and more information here (specially before asking questions or reporting bugs).
    Does this version fix android auto bug?

Had a few thoughts:
    1. Is it possible to have an ON/OFF switch in the app?
    2. Is is possible to bypass certain apps from reducing hz? like when watching a youtube video, the framerate should not drop
    I think it's fixed. Never occured on my testing.
    1. Let me check
    2. Per-app setting currently in the works
    1654098910845.jpeg
    1654098927291.jpeg
    Thank you.
    Hi
    This software is for older Android unfortunately.

View attachment 5557133
    Unfortunetly you didn't read the readme or the OP of this thread. Otherwise you would know this is done "by design". The app targets lower Android versions in order to save you from having to use adb/root for most of it's functions.
    Nice! How it's working?
    All good, so far!
    I noticed that the lowest refresh rate on stock was 24hz, and now with the app I am able to make it go to 10Hz, which is better 😀

A couple of thoughts: