Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)

Search This thread

Royal King

Apr 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
That's strange. Can you double check if the latest update got installed by clicking the update button.
Thank you.
I did.

Screenshot_20220624-223647_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg

Venom0642

Recognized Contributor
Ah yes. I have turned down my adaptive minimum hz to 10hz. You have set to 60hz. That is why you're not facing this issue.

Phenomenal battery though. I'm getting only 5-6 hours of battery hence going down to 10hz min.
Sorry to the Developer off topic.

Attachments

• tapatalk_1995883015.jpeg
    tapatalk_1995883015.jpeg
    39.9 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: Royal King

OneFloofySheep

Firstly thank you for the hard work on the dev's end

I would like to report a few issues for the S22 Ultra - SM-S908E when using Galaxy Max Hertz on the current settings as shown below.

When I set to min Adaptive hertz to 10hz, certain video playback like the one in Instagram plays at 10hz (and plays properly when I set it to 24hz min)

When I set the Max Adaptive hertz to 96hz, there is noticeable flicking of the screen when light content shows and I'm interacting with the screen (I don't think there can be anything that can be done about this as it's a problem on Samusng's end for now properly calibrating the screen to run at max 96hz)

Anyways thanks for actively working on this app for us (and enjoy the cup of tea I got for you 😊)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220625-063128_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    Screenshot_20220625-063128_Galaxy Max Hz.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: xgerryx

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Firstly thank you for the hard work on the dev's end

I would like to report a few issues for the S22 Ultra - SM-S908E when using Galaxy Max Hertz on the current settings as shown below.

When I set to min Adaptive hertz to 10hz, certain video playback like the one in Instagram plays at 10hz (and plays properly when I set it to 24hz min)

When I set the Max Adaptive hertz to 96hz, there is noticeable flicking of the screen when light content shows and I'm interacting with the screen (I don't think there can be anything that can be done about this as it's a problem on Samusng's end for now properly calibrating the screen to run at max 96hz)

Anyways thanks for actively working on this app for us (and enjoy the cup of tea I got for you 😊)
I think you installed instagram from other sources. I posted an in-app udpate (v7.14.57) to address this issue.
Re 96hz, yes you right it's a calibration issue and GMH will not be able to correct that. It can only apply the brightness threshold workaround.
Thank you.

OneFloofySheep

I think you installed instagram from other sources. I posted an in-app udpate (v7.14.57) to address this issue.
Re 96hz, yes you right it's a calibration issue and GMH will not be able to correct that. It can only apply the brightness threshold workaround.
Thank you.

No problems regarding 96hz as I just set it to 120hz now

The 10hz issue persist in most apps when you touch down on screen, it becomes max adaptive hertz and if you leave your finger on the screen and draging to interact after a few seconds it goes back to 10hz and same for the spen

But if I change the min Adaptive hertz to 24, everything works as expected no going down to 24hz when you leave your finger on the screen and draging to interact.

Its_Stephen

Jan 11, 2016
Hi, is there any way to stop it reducing the refresh rate to 10hz in the app PENUP whilst using the spen? It only does it when having the Min Hz set at 10hz, but if it's anything higher it works fine and doesn't lower it at all.

Thanks for the app btw 🙏

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please check v8.0.0-alpha7 update. Thank you.

For those who are interested to try/test. Major changes are made to this version including the added per-app settings and separate min max hz settings for power saving mode. Completely redesigned (OneUI inspired). I'll write the complete change list later. Still on Alpha - unexpected behaviors may occur.
    Clearing app data is required after installing.
    Thank you.
    v8.0.0-alpha8 now available.
    Should fix non-working Per-app settings issue on some devices resulting from conflict with OneHandOperatioin+ app's overlay and the likes.
    Well, I installed the beta for OneUI 5.0 this morning, and 96Hz is finally working as intended. This beta is even better than anticipated!
    Hi, First thank you for the great App, second I'm using the latest version of Alpha GMH, and It stucks on 10 Hz after unlocking the screen and doesn't change ( I'm using Adaptive refresh rate mod. Also I change the battery optimization to Unrestricted for the App.
    Yes, I was able to replicate this bug with refresh rate set to high and unlocking the phone when refresh rate drops to 10Hz on the lockscreen, the refresh rate then gets stuck at 10Hz.

Thanks. I am able to replicate this too in High mode. When locked and unlocked within ~1sec.
    Will fix it soon.
    About this app:
    • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates . This app can adjust the max refresh rate and min refresh rate on supported smartphones. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Force High: Option to use High(Fixed) motion smoothness mode on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness***. Current Samsung smartphones that natively support adaptive refresh rates include Galaxy S22 Ultra.

• Refresh Rate Monitor: Show real-time screen refresh rate as statusbar icon and/or as overlay. Overlay size and location is adjustable. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***.

• High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: The app will apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***
      Note: It is reported that workaround is blocked in OneUi5.0 beta on S22 Ultra.

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Tasker plugin support: Automate GMH settings with Tasker app. Supported actions/variables: max refresh rate, min refresh rate, keep smooth motion on PSM, motion smoothness mode, quick-doze mod, change dispaly resolution, auto sensors off. More info in FAQs below

Premium Features:

• Keep High/Adaptive motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled The app will automatically apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***
      Note: It is reported that workaround is blocked in OneUi5.0 beta on S22 Ultra.

• Adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the stock Adaptive motion smoothness (e.g. S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+) with the ability to set the brightness threshold for its activation***

• Quick-doze mod: Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion ***

• Override default minimum refresh rate for adaptive to lower value(if supported)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Auto turn off Autosync: Turn off autosync data settings while the screen is off.

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental):
      Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked. This helps minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.

• Statusbar net speed indicator

• 3-day Premium Trial is available. If not automatically activated, just click "Activate Premium|Trial" button and activate free trial when prompted.

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis.
    ***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery consumption of this app is very negligible .

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

Download
    Latest stable (v7.14.58)
    v8.00-beta

Please read FAQs, changelogs and more information here (specially before asking questions or reporting bugs).
    Does this version fix android auto bug?

Had a few thoughts:
    1. Is it possible to have an ON/OFF switch in the app?
    2. Is is possible to bypass certain apps from reducing hz? like when watching a youtube video, the framerate should not drop
    I think it's fixed. Never occured on my testing.
    1. Let me check
    2. Per-app setting currently in the works
    1654098910845.jpeg
    1654098927291.jpeg
    Thank you.
    Hi
    This software is for older Android unfortunately.

View attachment 5557133
    Unfortunetly you didn't read the readme or the OP of this thread. Otherwise you would know this is done "by design". The app targets lower Android versions in order to save you from having to use adb/root for most of it's functions.
    Please check v8.0.0-alpha7 update. Thank you.
    Nice! How it's working?
    All good, so far!
    I noticed that the lowest refresh rate on stock was 24hz, and now with the app I am able to make it go to 10Hz, which is better 😀