Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)

Search This thread

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Hey, I'm facing this issue while using S-pen on my S22 ultra. Can't upload video here so I'm pasting the video link here.

I'm using this setting.
Hi, is there any way to stop it reducing the refresh rate to 10hz in the app PENUP whilst using the spen? It only does it when having the Min Hz set at 10hz, but if it's anything higher it works fine and doesn't lower it at all.

Thanks for the app btw 🙏
Please check v.7.14.57_2 in-app update. Thank you.

Shreyans Jain

Apr 7, 2014
Mandsaur
Please check v.7.14.57_2 in-app update. Thank you.
Galaxy Max Hz, I was facing issues while using S-pen, I also attached a video. This problem haven't solved yet I updated the app but no luck and after updating it to the latest version my device started acring strange, random screen flashes after unlocking phone and freezing issues since morning.

Neo_Phongvan

Jun 7, 2022
How can I bring premium account of Galaxy Max Hz from current S22U to new another S22U when changing new phone?
Another issue for current version is that there are some lags on my S22U

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Galaxy Max Hz, I was facing issues while using S-pen, I also attached a video. This problem haven't solved yet I updated the app but no luck and after updating it to the latest version my device started acring strange, random screen flashes after unlocking phone and freezing issues since morning.
Hi! What specific spen apps you are having issues?
GMH has some limitations on detecting some S-Pen writings on some apps surface (i.e no android api available for it), so we need to add those specific apps on the exception list. Thank you.
The flashes might be related to the power saving workaround when system activates power saving mode while screen is off. Did it recur?

Last edited:

Shreyans Jain

Apr 7, 2014
Mandsaur
Hi! What specific spen apps you are having issues?
GMH has some limitations on detecting some S-Pen writings on some apps surface (i.e no android api available for it), so we need to add those specific apps on the exception list. Thank you.
The flashes might be related to the power saving workaround when system activates power saving mode while screen is off. Did it recur?
I'm having issues while using Autodesk Sketchbook. And my screen turns on automatically and sometimes it freezes. It's been a hazel using this app after the latest update.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
I'm having issues while using Autodesk Sketchbook. And my screen turns on automatically and sometimes it freezes. It's been a hazel using this app after the latest update.
It's a bit strange for me. I made no changes on the latest updates except adding penup and instander apps in the exceptions and added tasker option to enable refresh rate monitor.
Anyway, please check this build which I added sketchbook in the exception.
Thank you.

Shreyans Jain

Apr 7, 2014
Mandsaur
It's a bit strange for me. I made no changes on the latest updates except adding penup and instander apps in the exceptions and added tasker option to enable refresh rate monitor.
Anyway, please check this build which I added sketchbook in the exception.
Thank you.
Yeah hank you so much it's working now. Random screen flashes were because I enabled Auto Sensors off. It's all good now. Thanks :)

pabloa951

Aug 7, 2015
the best of the apps. I don't regret buying it

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-02 at 8.55.55 PM.jpeg

choosetobelieve

Feb 12, 2014
@tribalfs Is there a way that we can customise the minimum Hz for the AOD. When the option of forcing to the lowest Hz is enabled for AOD, there is a bit of lag when the screen is waken up by using the fringer scanner. Perhaps the lowest Hz can be customised in the app so I can raise the minimum Hz to a bit of higher Hz. It's more noticeable when the screen is off for a while then you use the fringer scanner. Thanks

can_85

Feb 7, 2013
Set minimum Adaptive refresh rate to 24 and all will be good.
Then on SCREEN-OFF MODS
set first option ON

Aug 15, 2017
Sempre usei a versão PRO no meu S20
Agora quero usar no meu S22+ e o código está dando inválido.
Como posso resolver?

I always used the PRO version on my S20 Now I want to use it on my S22+ and the code is giving invalid. How can I solve?View attachment 5652155

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please check v8.0.0-alpha7 update. Thank you.

For those who are interested to try/test. Major changes are made to this version including the added per-app settings and separate min max hz settings for power saving mode. Completely redesigned (OneUI inspired). I'll write the complete change list later. Still on Alpha - unexpected behaviors may occur.
    Clearing app data is required after installing.
    Thank you.
    v8.0.0-beta7 update now available
    -Fixed battery protect mod intermittently not working
    v8.0.0-beta4
    update now available.
    Thank you.
    Well, I installed the beta for OneUI 5.0 this morning, and 96Hz is finally working as intended. This beta is even better than anticipated!
    Screenshot_20220819-102810_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg
    Screenshot_20220819-102819_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg
    Screenshot_20220819-102912_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg

About this app:

Refresh Rate Mods

• Change default refresh rates
      -Easily change the overall refresh rate settings of devices supporting multiple refresh rates.
      -Set supported mid refresh rates as the maximum refresh rate limit for battery savings (e.g. 96hz instead of 120Hz).
      -Quick settings shortcut
      -Tasker plugin support

• Motion smoothness mode switcher(Normal, Adaptive or High)***
      -Set you device motion smoothness mode to stationary refresh rates (high mode) for better smoothness if so desired on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness with a little trade-off to the battery.
      -Apply adaptive mod on device that don't natively support adaptive mode [premium]
      -Tasker plugin support

• Per-app refresh rate settings:
      Set different refresh rate settings for every app either adaptive or fixed(stationary) [premium].

• Motion smoothness on power saving mode (not working to all devices with OneUI4.**+, test first). ***
      -GMH will apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode (PSM) on supported Samsung smartphones.
      -Automatically apply workaround when PSM is enabled [premium]

Screen-off Mods:
    • Force to Lowest Hz
      -Force the lowest refresh rate on screen-off or Always-On Display(AOD) to improve standby power consumption a bit.

-Select refresh rate to set for AOD/screen-off[premium]
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off ***

• Auto disable Autosync***

• Quick-doze mod
      -
      Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion [premium]***
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround)
      -Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked to help minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used [premium]
      -Tasker plug-in support

Others
    • Battery protection mod (Experimental)
      -Option to set maximum charge to 86%-95%(for OneUI4+)[premium]

• Quick resolution switcher
      -Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***
      -Tasker plugin support

• Customizable refresh rate monitor
      -
      Use statusbar or overlay which you can place anywhere on screen.
      -Tasker plugin support

• Net speed statusbar indicator

OneUI inspired UI. Dynamic theme and Icon. Manual language selection

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis (not per user).

***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery usage p is very negligible .

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

Download
    Latest stable (v7.14.58)
    v8.00-beta

Please read FAQs, changelogs and more information here (specially before asking questions or reporting bugs).
    Does this version fix android auto bug?

Had a few thoughts:
    1. Is it possible to have an ON/OFF switch in the app?
    2. Is is possible to bypass certain apps from reducing hz? like when watching a youtube video, the framerate should not drop
    I think it's fixed. Never occured on my testing.
    1. Let me check
    2. Per-app setting currently in the works
    1654098910845.jpeg
    1654098927291.jpeg
    Thank you.
    Hi
    This software is for older Android unfortunately.

View attachment 5557133
    Unfortunetly you didn't read the readme or the OP of this thread. Otherwise you would know this is done "by design". The app targets lower Android versions in order to save you from having to use adb/root for most of it's functions.
    Please check v8.0.0-alpha7 update. Thank you.
    Nice! How it's working?
    All good, so far!
    I noticed that the lowest refresh rate on stock was 24hz, and now with the app I am able to make it go to 10Hz, which is better 😀