Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)

Search This thread

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Hey, I'm facing this issue while using S-pen on my S22 ultra. Can't upload video here so I'm pasting the video link here.

I'm using this setting.
Hi, is there any way to stop it reducing the refresh rate to 10hz in the app PENUP whilst using the spen? It only does it when having the Min Hz set at 10hz, but if it's anything higher it works fine and doesn't lower it at all.

Thanks for the app btw 🙏
Please check v.7.14.57_2 in-app update. Thank you.

Shreyans Jain

Apr 7, 2014
Mandsaur
Please check v.7.14.57_2 in-app update. Thank you.
Galaxy Max Hz, I was facing issues while using S-pen, I also attached a video. This problem haven't solved yet I updated the app but no luck and after updating it to the latest version my device started acring strange, random screen flashes after unlocking phone and freezing issues since morning.

Neo_Phongvan

Jun 7, 2022
How can I bring premium account of Galaxy Max Hz from current S22U to new another S22U when changing new phone?
Another issue for current version is that there are some lags on my S22U

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Galaxy Max Hz, I was facing issues while using S-pen, I also attached a video. This problem haven't solved yet I updated the app but no luck and after updating it to the latest version my device started acring strange, random screen flashes after unlocking phone and freezing issues since morning.
Hi! What specific spen apps you are having issues?
GMH has some limitations on detecting some S-Pen writings on some apps surface (i.e no android api available for it), so we need to add those specific apps on the exception list. Thank you.
The flashes might be related to the power saving workaround when system activates power saving mode while screen is off. Did it recur?

Last edited:

Shreyans Jain

Apr 7, 2014
Mandsaur
Hi! What specific spen apps you are having issues?
GMH has some limitations on detecting some S-Pen writings on some apps surface (i.e no android api available for it), so we need to add those specific apps on the exception list. Thank you.
The flashes might be related to the power saving workaround when system activates power saving mode while screen is off. Did it recur?
I'm having issues while using Autodesk Sketchbook. And my screen turns on automatically and sometimes it freezes. It's been a hazel using this app after the latest update.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
I'm having issues while using Autodesk Sketchbook. And my screen turns on automatically and sometimes it freezes. It's been a hazel using this app after the latest update.
It's a bit strange for me. I made no changes on the latest updates except adding penup and instander apps in the exceptions and added tasker option to enable refresh rate monitor.
Anyway, please check this build which I added sketchbook in the exception.
Thank you.

Shreyans Jain

Apr 7, 2014
Mandsaur
It's a bit strange for me. I made no changes on the latest updates except adding penup and instander apps in the exceptions and added tasker option to enable refresh rate monitor.
Anyway, please check this build which I added sketchbook in the exception.
Thank you.
Yeah hank you so much it's working now. Random screen flashes were because I enabled Auto Sensors off. It's all good now. Thanks :)

pabloa951

Aug 7, 2015
the best of the apps. I don't regret buying it

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-02 at 8.55.55 PM.jpeg

choosetobelieve

Feb 12, 2014
@tribalfs Is there a way that we can customise the minimum Hz for the AOD. When the option of forcing to the lowest Hz is enabled for AOD, there is a bit of lag when the screen is waken up by using the fringer scanner. Perhaps the lowest Hz can be customised in the app so I can raise the minimum Hz to a bit of higher Hz. It's more noticeable when the screen is off for a while then you use the fringer scanner. Thanks

can_85

Feb 7, 2013
Set minimum Adaptive refresh rate to 24 and all will be good.
Then on SCREEN-OFF MODS
set first option ON

Aug 15, 2017
Sempre usei a versão PRO no meu S20
Agora quero usar no meu S22+ e o código está dando inválido.
Como posso resolver?

I always used the PRO version on my S20 Now I want to use it on my S22+ and the code is giving invalid. How can I solve?View attachment 5652155

Top Liked Posts

v8.0.0-beta4
    update now available.
    Thank you.
    Well, I installed the beta for OneUI 5.0 this morning, and 96Hz is finally working as intended. This beta is even better than anticipated!
    On beta release net speed indicator shows up randomly even if its turned off in settings. you have to turn it on and off to make it disappear from notification bar.
    I've turned it on and off and now I've noticed it being displayed permanently on the pull down screen and also the taskbar at the top... and it's not going away!
    Will look into this. Thank you.
    Update: Now able to replicate the issue. It occurs when internet (data/wifi) is turned ON from OFF state. Will fix soon.
    It happened to me once, force closing the app solved the issue.

@tribalfs Would it be possible to add the indicators on the right side of the notch, next to the regular indicators?
    Sorry not possible for 3rd party app. Only system notifications are allowed here.
    Please check v8.0.0-alpha7 update. Thank you.

For those who are interested to try/test. Major changes are made to this version including the added per-app settings and separate min max hz settings for power saving mode. Completely redesigned (OneUI inspired). I'll write the complete change list later. Still on Alpha - unexpected behaviors may occur.
    Clearing app data is required after installing.
    Thank you.
    My last update is on June and after updating today, I can say that this is already perfect for me. I'm using tasker for setting call/messenger apps with 60fps, anything related with scrolling 96fps, games lock at 120fps, and other with adaptive 120fps like settings, gallery, home screen, etc. My avg sot now is from 7-9+ hrs with 30%-10% batt life left before charging. Great app for sure and for those who bought this app on their older phone and want it on your current phone, it wouldn't hurt so much to help the developer and buy it again since you have the money to upgrade your phone.
    v8.0.0-alpha8 now available.
    Should fix non-working Per-app settings issue on some devices resulting from conflict with OneHandOperatioin+ app's overlay and the likes.
    Hi, First thank you for the great App, second I'm using the latest version of Alpha GMH, and It stucks on 10 Hz after unlocking the screen and doesn't change ( I'm using Adaptive refresh rate mod. Also I change the battery optimization to Unrestricted for the App.
    Yes, I was able to replicate this bug with refresh rate set to high and unlocking the phone when refresh rate drops to 10Hz on the lockscreen, the refresh rate then gets stuck at 10Hz.

Thanks. I am able to replicate this too in High mode. When locked and unlocked within ~1sec.
    Will fix it soon.
    About this app:
    • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates . This app can adjust the max refresh rate and min refresh rate on supported smartphones. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Force High: Option to use High(Fixed) motion smoothness mode on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness***. Current Samsung smartphones that natively support adaptive refresh rates include Galaxy S22 Ultra.

• Refresh Rate Monitor: Show real-time screen refresh rate as statusbar icon and/or as overlay. Overlay size and location is adjustable. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***.

• High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: The app will apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***
      Note: It is reported that workaround is blocked in OneUi5.0 beta on S22 Ultra.

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Tasker plugin support: Automate GMH settings with Tasker app. Supported actions/variables: max refresh rate, min refresh rate, keep smooth motion on PSM, motion smoothness mode, quick-doze mod, change dispaly resolution, auto sensors off. More info in FAQs below

Premium Features:

• Keep High/Adaptive motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled The app will automatically apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***
      Note: It is reported that workaround is blocked in OneUi5.0 beta on S22 Ultra.

• Adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the stock Adaptive motion smoothness (e.g. S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+) with the ability to set the brightness threshold for its activation***

• Quick-doze mod: Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion ***

• Override default minimum refresh rate for adaptive to lower value(if supported)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Auto turn off Autosync: Turn off autosync data settings while the screen is off.

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental):
      Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked. This helps minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.

• Statusbar net speed indicator

• 3-day Premium Trial is available. If not automatically activated, just click "Activate Premium|Trial" button and activate free trial when prompted.

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis.
    ***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery consumption of this app is very negligible .

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

Download
    Latest stable (v7.14.58)
    v8.00-beta

Please read FAQs, changelogs and more information here (specially before asking questions or reporting bugs).
    Does this version fix android auto bug?

Had a few thoughts:
    1. Is it possible to have an ON/OFF switch in the app?
    2. Is is possible to bypass certain apps from reducing hz? like when watching a youtube video, the framerate should not drop
    I think it's fixed. Never occured on my testing.
    1. Let me check
    2. Per-app setting currently in the works
    1654098910845.jpeg
    1654098927291.jpeg
    Thank you.
    Hi
    This software is for older Android unfortunately.

View attachment 5557133
    Unfortunetly you didn't read the readme or the OP of this thread. Otherwise you would know this is done "by design". The app targets lower Android versions in order to save you from having to use adb/root for most of it's functions.
    Please check v8.0.0-alpha7 update. Thank you.
    Nice! How it's working?
    All good, so far!
    I noticed that the lowest refresh rate on stock was 24hz, and now with the app I am able to make it go to 10Hz, which is better 😀