Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)

Search This thread

android_htc

Feb 24, 2011
@tribalfs,
Just updated to Alpha 6 and this version looks promising!
With regards to the per-app settings, I've noticed that the minimum adaptive value and fixed value seems to display when idle.
For example, with the main refresh rate set to 10-120hHz, and per-app setting fixed at 60Hz for an app or adpative min value at 60Hz, then the refresh rate would drop to 60Hz when idle but the highest refresh rate is still governed by the main refresh rate. Not sure if this is the expected behaviour but I like this version now, thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220802-151138_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg
    Screenshot_20220802-151138_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20220802-151109_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg
    Screenshot_20220802-151109_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg
    719.5 KB · Views: 54

bmonteiro

May 8, 2015
@tribalfs,
With regards to the per-app settings, I've noticed that the minimum adaptive value and fixed value seems to display when idle.
For example, with the main refresh rate set to 10-120hHz, and per-app setting fixed at 60Hz for an app or adpative min value at 60Hz, then the refresh rate would drop to 60Hz when idle but the highest refresh rate is still governed by the main refresh rate. Not sure if this is the expected behaviour but I like this version now, thanks!

Does your device go to 10hz?

android_htc

Feb 24, 2011
Yes, I was able to replicate this bug with refresh rate set to high and unlocking the phone when refresh rate drops to 10Hz on the lockscreen, the refresh rate then gets stuck at 10Hz.

Attachments

• 20220802_222639.mp4
    12.2 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: Without Rules

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
@tribalfs,
If you meant lowest, it is a bug (will fix soon). It should use the highest one of the minimum refresh rates settings of visible apps. In there's only one visible app, the minimum hz should stay on the minimum hz setting of that app.
Thank you.
Update: Max refresh rate is still limited to 60Hz for split screen and pop-up windows on S22Ultra as enforced by the system. Some other Samsung models do not have this limitation.

Last edited:

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Hi, First thank you for the great App, second I'm using the latest version of Alpha GMH, and It stucks on 10 Hz after unlocking the screen and doesn't change ( I'm using Adaptive refresh rate mod. Also I change the battery optimization to Unrestricted for the App.
Yes, I was able to replicate this bug with refresh rate set to high and unlocking the phone when refresh rate drops to 10Hz on the lockscreen, the refresh rate then gets stuck at 10Hz.

Thanks. I am able to replicate this too in High mode. When locked and unlocked within ~1sec.
Will fix it soon.

bmonteiro

May 8, 2015
@tribalfs I just want to mention that I kind of pinpoint what's going on my side, but I don't know how to fix it. If I uninstall the app, restart the phone, reinstall the app and before opening it enable the accessibility and then open it and run the adb commands and set minimum to 10hz it works flawless (per-app rules also works with this), the problem is that if I reboot the phone it stops working again :/

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
@tribalfs I just want to mention that I kind of pinpoint what's going on my side, but I don't know how to fix it. If I uninstall the app, restart the phone, reinstall the app and before opening it enable the accessibility and then open it and run the adb commands and set minimum to 10hz it works flawless (per-app rules also works with this), the problem is that if I reboot the phone it stops working again :/
Thanks for this additional details. Will try to replicate and resolve the issue.

raul6

Jan 26, 2009
@tribalfs
There is a minor bug with net speed indicator; when it is enabled and then disabled it reactives and displays again (at some point). However in settings it shows off. Then quickly enabling/disabling keeps it off as it should have done it when first disabled

Reactions: bmonteiro

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
@tribalfs
There is a minor bug with net speed indicator; when it is enabled and then disabled it reactives and displays again (at some point). However in settings it shows off. Then quickly enabling/disabling keeps it off as it should have done it when first disabled
Thanks for this report. Will look into it.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Thanks for this additional details. Will try to replicate and resolve the issue.
Hi! Are you using OneHandOperation+ app? Thanks.

android_htc

Feb 24, 2011
v8.0.0-alpha8 now available.
Should fix non-working Per-app settings issue on some devices resulting from conflict with OneHandOperatioin+ app's overlay and the likes.
Thanks for the quick update.
This is great news; just tried it on OneUI 5.0 and per-app settings is working as expected!
(good lock modules are unplugged)

Reactions: tribalfs

Top Liked Posts

Hello, will foldables be supported soon? For example Galaxy (Z) FOLD 4 ?
    Yes
    With fixed battery protect mod off and battery protection on in phone Settings somehow battery setting gets turned off at some point. Fixed battery mod always on off. Could GSM be overriding it (phone setting) ?
    We're looking into it right now. Thanks.
    Please check v8.0.0-alpha7 update. Thank you.

For those who are interested to try/test. Major changes are made to this version including the added per-app settings and separate min max hz settings for power saving mode. Completely redesigned (OneUI inspired). I'll write the complete change list later. Still on Alpha - unexpected behaviors may occur.
    Clearing app data is required after installing.
    Thank you.
    v8.0.0-beta7 update now available
    -Fixed battery protect mod intermittently not working
    v8.0.0-beta4
    update now available.
    Thank you.
    Well, I installed the beta for OneUI 5.0 this morning, and 96Hz is finally working as intended. This beta is even better than anticipated!
    About this app:
    • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates . This app can adjust the max refresh rate and min refresh rate on supported smartphones. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Force High: Option to use High(Fixed) motion smoothness mode on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness***. Current Samsung smartphones that natively support adaptive refresh rates include Galaxy S22 Ultra.

• Refresh Rate Monitor: Show real-time screen refresh rate as statusbar icon and/or as overlay. Overlay size and location is adjustable. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***.

• High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: The app will apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***
      Note: It is reported that workaround is blocked in OneUi5.0 beta on S22 Ultra.

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Tasker plugin support: Automate GMH settings with Tasker app. Supported actions/variables: max refresh rate, min refresh rate, keep smooth motion on PSM, motion smoothness mode, quick-doze mod, change dispaly resolution, auto sensors off. More info in FAQs below

Premium Features:

• Keep High/Adaptive motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled The app will automatically apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***
      Note: It is reported that workaround is blocked in OneUi5.0 beta on S22 Ultra.

• Adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the stock Adaptive motion smoothness (e.g. S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+) with the ability to set the brightness threshold for its activation***

• Quick-doze mod: Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion ***

• Override default minimum refresh rate for adaptive to lower value(if supported)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Auto turn off Autosync: Turn off autosync data settings while the screen is off.

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental):
      Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked. This helps minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.

• Statusbar net speed indicator

• 3-day Premium Trial is available. If not automatically activated, just click "Activate Premium|Trial" button and activate free trial when prompted.

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis.
    ***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery consumption of this app is very negligible .

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

Download
    Latest stable (v7.14.58)
    v8.00-beta

Please read FAQs, changelogs and more information here (specially before asking questions or reporting bugs).
    Does this version fix android auto bug?

Had a few thoughts:
    1. Is it possible to have an ON/OFF switch in the app?
    2. Is is possible to bypass certain apps from reducing hz? like when watching a youtube video, the framerate should not drop
    I think it's fixed. Never occured on my testing.
    1. Let me check
    2. Per-app setting currently in the works
    1654098910845.jpeg
    1654098927291.jpeg
    Thank you.
    Hi
    This software is for older Android unfortunately.

View attachment 5557133
    Unfortunetly you didn't read the readme or the OP of this thread. Otherwise you would know this is done "by design". The app targets lower Android versions in order to save you from having to use adb/root for most of it's functions.
    Please check v8.0.0-alpha7 update. Thank you.
    Nice! How it's working?
    All good, so far!
    I noticed that the lowest refresh rate on stock was 24hz, and now with the app I am able to make it go to 10Hz, which is better 😀