Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)

Search This thread

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Hello tribalfs,

one question can i disable the notfication from Galaxy Max HZ without loose the HZ indicator at the top of the screen? the notification on the lockscreen annoys me sometimes
There should be no other persistent app notification on GMH except when either the Hz monitor and/or netspeed indicator is enabled. Anyway, you can hide app notifications on lockscreen in notification settings. It's "Galaxy MaxHz" notification category that's for the Hz indicator.

isillo

Mar 19, 2010
Per-app settings -> some app -> text field Custom refresh rate shows $ char, i.e $24-60 Hz.

hurshel

Nov 10, 2022
Hola buenos dias...tengo un s22 ultta.. soy de cuba como puedo adquirir el codigo premium.. de la aplicacion galaxy...mhz... para usar los 10 hz

winoles

Apologies to all for the language, I think hurshel can not read English,
Dentro de la aplicacion misma, está la opcion, ésta te redirige a la playstore para descargar una app por la que hay que pagar, como? Necesitas haber asociado un método de pago en tu cuenta de google, es decir, alguna tarjeta, de crédito o débito, visa o mastercard, existen en México tarjetas de prepago para google, pero no sé si allá en tu país las haya, sin esto, pues no hay forma alguna

Last edited:

NewAndroidGuy

Nov 9, 2022
With the new 8.0.0.11 update the 120hz adaptive mode is usable in power save mode again with one ui 5.0. Without any workaround.
Thanks a lot 🙏

BUT open the setting menu on s22 and open display menu rests the adaptive mode to standard again. Every time. Even without changing the the adaptive or standard option in OneUI.

With the new 8.0.0.11 update the 120hz adaptive mode is usable in power save mode again with one ui 5.0. Without any workaround.
Thanks a lot 🙏

BUT open the setting menu on s22 and open display menu rests the adaptive mode to standard again. Every time. Even without changing the the adaptive or standard option in OneUI.
Nothing gets reset for me when I tried that on my S22 Ultra with the new 8.0.0.11 app update on One UI 5. It stays adaptive.

Lil_Boudy

Nov 17, 2020
Samsung Galaxy A71
Thanks a lot 🙏

how did you get it to work? trying several times, I can't get it to work on my s21 (rooted)

Edit: I got it working by using dex workaround, but is there any other method that doesn't require dex or smart view, just from phone (not video call too because it's not available), even if there is a root method

Last edited:

hurshel

Nov 10, 2022
Disculpas a todos por el idioma, creo que hurshel no sabe leer ingles,
Dentro de la aplicación misma, está la opción, ésta te redirigirá a la playstore para descargar una aplicación por la que hay que pagar, ¿cómo? Necesitas haber asociado un método de pago en tu cuenta de google, es decir, alguna tarjeta, de crédito o débito, visa o mastercard, existen en México tarjetas de prepago para google, pero no sé si allá en tu país las haya, sin esto , pues no hay forma alguna
hola soy de cuba y aqui en cuba no tenemos tarjetas visa
sin mastercard, cualquier otra opción por favor

Mobzter

May 9, 2010
Nothing gets reset for me when I tried that on my S22 Ultra with the new 8.0.0.11 app update on One UI 5. It stays adaptive.
I'm on recent update too, but I'm experiencing the same as the user mentioned previously.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221130_011003_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20221130_011003_Settings.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: NewAndroidGuy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @tribalfs
    Hi Dev, I noticed that the new function called light performance profile is introduced in the latest version. I am on S22 ultra one UI 5. May I confirm if this feature works on my version as your app covers multiple variants of devices?
    Thanks
    I have it enabled on S22U & UI 5
    If it works I don't notice a difference.
    I don't notice a difference either. My guess is that the light battery mode just doesn't exist on our devices. I was in the OneUI 5 beta and it was never even mentioned as a possibility for the S22 Ultra
    I can't confirm yet but seems not applying on S22U. I just added this as experimental feature as I received requests. When I have time, I'll check S22 settings code to verify.
    I also see no evidence that battery saver tunes on when the screen is off. Is there anyway to verify?
    Please check FAQ#14 on how. Link in the opening post.
    Hello,

yes with the smart view step i have only 60 Hz. In idle modus 24hz. So its switched from 24-60 hz
    s22 ultra, i had a one ui 5 update for a few days maybe is this helpful
    Ensure to slide to 120hz first. What version do you have? Please update to latest if you haven't yet.
    Hello.
    I have the same problem. Can't use 120 or 96 Hz in PSM on Android 13 | OneUi 5.0 on a s22Ultra.

All firmware and software are up to date.

Both workarounds doesn't work.

Videocall: there isnt any original Samsung Videocall messanger on the S22Ultra anymore. Google Meet | Duo is the official one. But this doesn't work for the workaround.

SmartView: I can only connect my Samsung The Frame via Gallery App with Smart View.
    Via Quikpanel a connection is not possible.
    But the connection via Gallery App doesn't work for the workaround

Any tips ? Thanks a lot.
    Videocall: there isnt any original Samsung Videocall messanger on the S22Ultra anymore. Microsoft Team|Duo is the official one. But this doesn't work for the workaround
    Availability depends on carrier support. VoLTE must be enabled for this option to show based on my experience.
    Screenshot_20220819-102810_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg
    Screenshot_20220819-102819_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg
    Screenshot_20220819-102912_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg

About this app:

Refresh Rate Mods

• Change default refresh rates
      -Easily change the overall refresh rate settings of devices supporting multiple refresh rates.
      -Set supported mid refresh rates as the maximum refresh rate limit for battery savings (e.g. 96hz instead of 120Hz).
      -Quick settings shortcut
      -Tasker plugin support

• Motion smoothness mode switcher(Normal, Adaptive or High)***
      -Set you device motion smoothness mode to stationary refresh rates (high mode) for better smoothness if so desired on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness with a little trade-off to the battery.
      -Apply adaptive mod on device that don't natively support adaptive mode [premium]
      -Tasker plugin support

• Per-app refresh rate settings:
      Set different refresh rate settings for every app either adaptive or fixed(stationary) [premium].

• Motion smoothness on power saving mode (not working to all devices with OneUI4.**+, test first). ***
      -GMH will apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode (PSM) on supported Samsung smartphones.
      -Automatically apply workaround when PSM is enabled [premium]

Note: Unfortunately this workaround is blocked and not working in OneUi5.0 on S22 Ultra
      Please check this post for other workaround(s).

Screen-off Mods:
    • Force to Lowest Hz
      -Force the lowest refresh rate on screen-off or Always-On Display(AOD) to improve standby power consumption a bit.

-Select refresh rate to set for AOD/screen-off[premium]
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off ***

• Auto disable Autosync***

• Quick-doze mod
      -
      Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion [premium]***
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround)
      -Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked to help minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used [premium]
      -Tasker plug-in support
      - Supports up to OneUI4.* only

Others
    • Battery protection mod (Experimental)
      -Option to set maximum charge to 86%-95%(for OneUI4+)[premium]

• Quick resolution switcher
      -Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile***
      -Tasker plugin support

• Customizable refresh rate monitor
      -
      Use statusbar or overlay which you can place anywhere on screen.
      -Tasker plugin support

• Net speed statusbar indicator

OneUI inspired UI. Dynamic theme and Icon. Manual language selection

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis (not per user).

***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery usage p is very negligible .

Info:
    This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

If google play protect will prompt during install that the app is built for older version of android and doesn't include the latest privacy protections, you can ignore it and proceed to the installation. For privacy related concern, please refer to FAQ No. 3.

Download
    v8.0.0

Changelogs
    Github wiki
    Just installed official Android 13 with Oneui 5 and it seems like i don't have the possibility anymore to keep the refreshrate at 120 hz when in battery saving mode. Any fixes?
    Oneui 5.0 /Android 13 arrived yesterday. Give our friend tribalfs some time. Dont know if He has the Update yet...
    Seriously, some people are so impatient.

I am sorry for this bad news. OneUI5 already patched the bug (a good and welcome bug) that is being used by GMH to bypass 60 Hz limitation. We didn't know yet if we can find another one we can use to automatically bypass 60 Hz limit.

The good news is, the following extra step remains working based on our test:
    (1) Doing a dummy video call to any number using the native video calling app (unfortunately, availability is based on the telco/sim support) or
    (2) Connecting and disconnecting to an external display using Smart View or Samsung Dex
    Not the most convenient but this maybe useful for some.
    Hi
    This software is for older Android unfortunately.

View attachment 5557133
    Unfortunetly you didn't read the readme or the OP of this thread. Otherwise you would know this is done "by design". The app targets lower Android versions in order to save you from having to use adb/root for most of it's functions.
    Please check v8.0.0-alpha7 update. Thank you.
    Does this version fix android auto bug?

Had a few thoughts:
    1. Is it possible to have an ON/OFF switch in the app?
    2. Is is possible to bypass certain apps from reducing hz? like when watching a youtube video, the framerate should not drop
    I think it's fixed. Never occured on my testing.
    1. Let me check
    2. Per-app setting currently in the works
    1654098910845.jpeg
    1654098927291.jpeg
    Thank you.