Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)

Search This thread

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Thanks. But I do not see any noticeable difference in standby after enabling this. I checked battery drain % per hour using GSAM battery monitor when screen is off. It is exactly the same after toggling on this mode. Is there something I am doing wrong?
20 minutes seems too low, try higher for better power saving.
Edit (more info): Device better benefits quick doze mode on short idles but not much on very long idles. On the latter, it may not differ much as device even on stock configuration will definitely go into doze mode (after it performed few checks of apps pending works and confirmed that the device is setting idle for long), this is specially if you configured many apps to deep sleep.
What quick doze mod does is it make the device go directly into doze mode without doing the device idle checks that can repeatively run for minutes to hours. With quick doze mode, device can go to doze mode after ~2 mins of turning off the display (even if the device is moving). Of course the maintainance interval you set will also matter.

Last edited:

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
With the Net Speed Indicator is it possible to force it to always either stay on the left or right (when the panel is pulled down, it would be always either on the top or bottom)?

Mine currently keeps moving around as and when other notifications come in.
Unfortunately this is a limitation for any third party app. Placement is controlled by the system.
On placing it on the right side, only system app are allowed to do so.

hshah

Dec 24, 2005
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Unfortunately this is a limitation for any third party app. Placement is controlled by the system.
On placing it on the right side, only system app are allowed to do so.
When I said right side, I meant to the far right of all the notification icons on the left hand side.

Isn't there some sort of high priority notification feature which would allow you to keep it to the far left as possible? Or lowest priority notification so it stays to the right of all notification icons?

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
When I said right side, I meant to the far right of all the notification icons on the left hand side.

Isn't there some sort of high priority notification feature which would allow you to keep it to the far left as possible? Or lowest priority notification so it stays to the right of all notification icons?
I see. There's no such prioritization/preference available for 3rd party apps which is understandable. Otherwise, many apps will compete for it.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Great news!
Here's a new alternative extra steps to bypass 60Hz limit on PSM on OneUI5.* using GameTools/GameBooster.
First, open Game Booster settings and ensure
  • "Save power during touch protection" is turned on AND
  • "Shortcut bar" is tuned on OR "Floating shortcut" is set to Touch Protection

Here are the steps:
1. Select Adaptive Mode while on power saving mode
2. Open any game (preferably from game launcher)
3. Press the touch protection button
1676681590219.png

in the floating shortcut bar and wait for the screen to dim ("Drag lock icon to unlock" text will fade)
4. Touch the screen and unlock
That's it!

Thanks to @InfernalDread for sharing this trick.

InfernalDread

Feb 17, 2023
Great news!
Here's a new alternative extra steps to bypass 60Hz limit on PSM on OneUI5.* using GameTools/GameBooster.
First, open Game Booster settings and ensure
  • "Save power during touch protection" is turned on AND
  • "Shortcut bar" is tuned on OR "Floating shortcut" is set to Touch Protection

Here are the steps:
1. Select Adaptive Mode while on power saving mode
2. Open any game (preferably from game launcher)
3. Press the touch protection button
1676681590219.png

in the floating shortcut bar and wait for the screen to dim ("Drag lock icon to unlock" text will fade)
4. Touch the screen and unlock
That's it!

Thanks to @InfernalDread for sharing this trick.
My pleasure!

Reactions: tribalfs

Wixej

Oct 6, 2011
Тюмень
Hello everyone. 96 Hertz mode does not work. In the settings I set and the frequency does not rise above 60. Power saving mode is not enabled. I also tried different lower frequencies. I also noticed when the frequency is 24-120, the frequency does not drop to 24 constantly 120 holds. There are no programs with the same functionality. When setting 10 Hertz, the frequency drops to 10. Help me figure out the phone on Snapdragon
Screenshot_20230218_163600_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg
Screenshot_20230218_164023_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg

Figured it out. It turns out there is some kind of binding to the brightness of the screen. Brightness is below 15% and all adaptive mode with 96 hertz does not work. Is there any way to fix it?

Last edited:

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Hello everyone. 96 Hertz mode does not work. In the settings I set and the frequency does not rise above 60. Power saving mode is not enabled. I also tried different lower frequencies. I also noticed when the frequency is 24-120, the frequency does not drop to 24 constantly 120 holds. There are no programs with the same functionality. When setting 10 Hertz, the frequency drops to 10. Help me figure out the phone on SnapdragonView attachment 5840081View attachment 5840083
Figured it out. It turns out there is some kind of binding to the brightness of the screen. Brightness is below 15% and all adaptive mode with 96 hertz does not work. Is there any way to fix it?
Unfortunately we can't override the brightness threshold/zone set for that refresh rate

Reactions: Wixej

Cryte-k

Oct 24, 2017
hello. I have a normal S23 and trying to configure nova launcher from 48Hz to 10Hz. It only works at 30 to 10 Hz, but in the fixed mode if it works at 48Hz .. why? thanks.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
hello. I have a normal S23 and trying to configure nova launcher from 48Hz to 10Hz. It only works at 30 to 10 Hz, but in the fixed mode if it works at 48Hz .. why? thanks.
It doesn't seem to like 48Hz unless given no other option. Only Nova can fix this issue by adding 48Hz to it's compatible modes. I remember Microsoft edge (also Galaxy Store iirc) has the same compatibility issue before but they already fixed it.
Did you try to put it in static 48Hz in per-app settings?

Reactions: Cryte-k

Cryte-k

Oct 24, 2017
It doesn't seem to like 48Hz unless given no other option. Only Nova can fix this issue by adding 48Hz to it's compatible modes. I remember Microsoft edge (also Galaxy Store iirc) has the same compatibility issue before but they already fixed it.
Did you try to put it in static 48Hz in per-app settings?
Thank you for answering .. I set it a static at 48 Hz and if it works.

krajac

Feb 22, 2023
Prague
hello. new owner of s23 here. maxhz work perfectly except capping the max refresh rate in the adaptive mode. if i choose to lower it to 96 hz, the real refresh rate doesnt exceed 60 hz. it occurs at all brightness levels. do you have any suggestions? thanks!

musaab.m

Apr 16, 2017
I have this app running on my s22 ultra and I am very happy with the donation package and everything but one thing I've noticed is during the lockscreen the swipe, typing and any related animations get very choppy. Probably because it follows the adaptive protocol of 10-120 adaptive hertz. Im not sure what the lockscreen app is even called to set a specific hertz configuration for that app if an app like that is even available to set a config on. Also i did observe a bug where on the lockscreen, I see the autosync bieng still on though the mod for the autosync switcher is turned on. Pls suggest a fix. Thank you developer.

Last edited:

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
I have this app running on my s22 ultra and I am very happy with the donation package and everything but one thing I've noticed is during the lockscreen the swipe, typing and any related animations get very choppy. Probably because it follows the adaptive protocol of 10-120 adaptive hertz. Im not sure what the lockscreen app is even called to set a specific hertz configuration for that app if an app like that is even available to set a config on. Also i did observe a bug where on the lockscreen, I see the autosync bieng still on though the mod for the autosync switcher is turned on. Pls suggest a fix. Thank you developer.
I recommend to set DEFAULT minimum hz to 24 Hz just use the per-app settings to set app individual refresh rate settings to your liking including those you want to set minimum hz to 10Hz.

Autosync off option only disables autosync while screen is off but re-enables it once screen is on again.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Heya! Got a sorta complicated issue, then again, I feel like I'm overthinking it.

S22 Ultra SD, OneUI5.1, Verizon cell
Premium member for GMH

I've noticed that in my sleep the phone would switch to standard? I found myself having to remember to toggle back to adaptive every single day.

I'm about to ask a dumb question but,
I use Battery Guardian that came from Good Guardians. I figured I use the "Power saving during bedtime" to cut down on battery draining on the notorious S22 Ultra, known to be poorly optimized phone. The description doesn't say that it enables power saving mode, but describes that it will optimize and limit performance during sleep.

Is that is what "Keep selected mode on PSM" is for? I don't think I am reaching the threshold of low battery in my sleep, nor do I have PSM enabled, unless that option in Battery Guardian is actually enabling PSM; then I'm an idiot for actually believing it.

The followup question to the one above is, so every time the device goes into PSM, I have to do the work around (Game Launcher method, fake call, etc) every time, or I just do it once and be done with?
Looks like this option on BG switches refresh rate to Standard mode.
"Keep selected mode on PSM" retains the adaptive or high mode when PSM is enabled. However since OneUi5*, the 60Hz limit by the system will still apply (i.e adaptive is up to 60hz only) unless the additional steps is done. Unfortunaly this needs to be done everytime PSM is re-enabled. It is this way since OneUI5 update on S22Ultra.

Last edited:

nartto

Sep 15, 2017
186533.jpg
GMH app to download .apk file from github to install on mobile phone. cannot be used because the banking application has detected the installation of applications that are not on the play store. I would like to bring the GMH application into the Play store so that it can be used. can work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot_20220819-102810_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg
    Screenshot_20220819-102819_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg
    Screenshot_20220819-102912_Galaxy MaxHz.jpg

About this app:

Refresh Rate Mods

• Change default refresh rates
      -Easily change the overall refresh rate settings of devices supporting multiple refresh rates.
      -Set supported mid refresh rates as the maximum refresh rate limit for battery savings (e.g. 96hz instead of 120Hz).
      -Quick settings shortcut
      -Tasker plugin support

• Motion smoothness mode switcher(Normal, Adaptive or High)***
      -Set you device motion smoothness mode to stationary refresh rates (high mode) for better smoothness if so desired on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness with a little trade-off to the battery.
      -Apply adaptive mod on device that don't natively support adaptive mode [premium]
      -Tasker plugin support

• Per-app refresh rate settings:
      Set different refresh rate settings for every app either adaptive or fixed(stationary) [premium].

• Motion smoothness on power saving mode (not working to all devices with OneUI4.**+, test first). ***
      -GMH will apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limitation on Power Saving Mode (PSM) on supported Samsung smartphones.
      -Automatically apply workaround when PSM is enabled [premium]
      Need extra steps starting OneUI5.* except when rooted with magisk and using lsposed. Test it first

Screen-off Mods:
    • Force to Lowest Hz
      -Force the lowest refresh rate on screen-off or Always-On Display(AOD) to improve standby power consumption a bit.

-Select refresh rate to set for AOD/screen-off[premium]
      -Tasker plugin support.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off ***

• Auto disable Autosync***

• Quick-doze mod***
      -
      Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion [premium]
      -Tasker plugin support

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental non-root workaround)
      -Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked to help minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used [premium]
      -Tasker plug-in support
      - Supports up to OneUI4.* only

Others
    • Battery protection mod (Experimental)***
      -Option to set maximum charge to 86%-95%(for OneUI4+)[premium]

• Quick resolution switcher***
      -Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile
      -Tasker plugin support

• Customizable refresh rate monitor
      -
      Use statusbar or overlay which you can place anywhere on screen.
      -Tasker plugin support

• Net speed statusbar indicator

OneUI inspired UI. Dynamic theme and Icon. Manual language selection

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis (not per user).

***these marked features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)

Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery usage p is very negligible .

Info:
    This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

If google play protect will prompt during install that the app is built for older version of android and doesn't include the latest privacy protections, you can ignore it and proceed to the installation. For privacy related concern, please refer to FAQ No. 3.

Download|InstallationNotes|Changelogs
    Github wiki
    Just installed official Android 13 with Oneui 5 and it seems like i don't have the possibility anymore to keep the refreshrate at 120 hz when in battery saving mode. Any fixes?
    Oneui 5.0 /Android 13 arrived yesterday. Give our friend tribalfs some time. Dont know if He has the Update yet...
    Seriously, some people are so impatient.

I am sorry for this bad news. OneUI5 already patched the bug (a good and welcome bug) that is being used by GMH to bypass 60 Hz limitation. We didn't know yet if we can find another one we can use to automatically bypass 60 Hz limit.

The good news is, the following extra step remains working based on our test:
    (1) Doing a dummy video call to any number using the native video calling app (unfortunately, availability is based on the telco/sim support) or
    (2) Connecting and disconnecting to an external display using Smart View or Samsung Dex
    Not the most convenient but this maybe useful for some.
    Hi
    This software is for older Android unfortunately.

View attachment 5557133
    Unfortunetly you didn't read the readme or the OP of this thread. Otherwise you would know this is done "by design". The app targets lower Android versions in order to save you from having to use adb/root for most of it's functions.
    Does this version fix android auto bug?

Had a few thoughts:
    1. Is it possible to have an ON/OFF switch in the app?
    2. Is is possible to bypass certain apps from reducing hz? like when watching a youtube video, the framerate should not drop
    I think it's fixed. Never occured on my testing.
    1. Let me check
    2. Per-app setting currently in the works
    1654098910845.jpeg
    1654098927291.jpeg
    Thank you.
    Please check v8.0.0-alpha7 update. Thank you.