Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)

Search This thread

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
About this app:
  • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates . This app can adjust the max refresh rate and min refresh rate on supported smartphones. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Force High: Option to use High(Fixed) motion smoothness mode on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness***

Current Samsung smartphones natively supporting adaptive refresh rates:
    • Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
    • Galaxy Z Fold 2
    • Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra
    • Galaxy Z Flip 3
    • Galaxy Z Fold 3
    • Galaxy S22, S22+, S22 Ultra
    • Tab S8
  • Refresh Rate Monitor: Show real-time screen refresh rate as statusbar icon and/or as overlay. Overlay size and location is adjustable. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile on supported devices***

• Quick High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: Easily switch to high or adaptive motion smoothness mode (from Standard) even on power saving mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***
    Note: May not work on some devices with OneUI4.*.

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Tasker plugin support: Automate GMH settings with Tasker app. Supported actions/variables: max refresh rate, min refresh rate, keep smooth motion on PSM, motion smoothness mode, quick-doze mod, change dispaly resolution, auto sensors off. More info in FAQs below

Premium Features:
  • Keep High/Adaptive motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled whether manually or by the system/adaptive power saving***
    Note: May not work on some devices with OneUI4.*. Test first.

• Adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the stock Adaptive motion smoothness (e.g. S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+, TabS8+/S8Ultra) with the ability to set the brightness threshold for its activation***

• Quick-doze mod: Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion ***

• Set minimum refresh rate for adaptive mode to 60hz or lower (if supported)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental):
    Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked. This helps minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.

• Statusbar net speed indicator

• 7-day Premium Trial is available. Just click "Activate Premium|Trial" button and activate free trial when prompted.

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis.
Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery consumption of this app is very negligible .

***these marked features require a one-time ADB setup (this is not root)

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

Download
Latest stable (v7.14.58)
v8.0.0-alpha

Please read FAQs, changelogs and more information here (specially before asking questions or reporting bugs).

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2016
Grodno
Wow, nice app. Can confirm that adaptive refresh rate saves a bit of battery life on S8+. But switching refresh rate on low brightness levels gives a noticeable 'jump' in shades of grey. Btw what will happen to premium if I factory reset the device?

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Wow, nice app. Can confirm that adaptive refresh rate saves a bit of battery life on S8+. But switching refresh rate on low brightness levels gives a noticeable 'jump' in shades of grey. Btw what will happen to premium if I factory reset the device?
You just need to enter the activation code sent to your (paypal) email or provided on GMH donation app to re-activate premium

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
v7.14.51 in-app update
  • fixed bug related to "Prevent Switching to High" settings on devices with non-native adaptive refresh rate
  • added google maps trick to enable High/Adaptive refresh rate while on PSM for S20 series and S20FE devices with OneUI4.*.
  • minor general improvements on Adaptive mod

Last edited:

SavXL

Nice ;)
Screenshot_20220415-000614_Firefox.png

Vaizen

Well, first of all thanks for this excellent app. Secondly, I don't know if the problem I'm having is completely related to galaxy max hz. But it's the only change I made on my tab s8+.

The issue is with Kodi (media player app) . It worked before tinkering the hz app. I mean I was able to set it up competently, but after enabling the adb setting for Galaxy max hz, Kodi opens and Force closes after a few seconds.

It might be related because kodi has problems with 120hz screens, but now, not even on standard mode kodi FC.

Any way to disable the setting on adb or any other thought?

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Well, first of all thanks for this excellent app. Secondly, I don't know if the problem I'm having is completely related to galaxy max hz. But it's the only change I made on my tab s8+.

The issue is with Kodi (media player app) . It worked before tinkering the hz app. I mean I was able to set it up competently, but after enabling the adb setting for Galaxy max hz, Kodi opens and Force closes after a few seconds.

It might be related because kodi has problems with 120hz screens, but now, not even on standard mode kodi FC.

Did you try clearing app data of Kodi?
The open it in standard mode?

WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS is automatically revoked once GMH is uninstalled.
You can also do it by ADB without uninstalling:
Code:
adb shell pm revoke com.tribalfs.gmh android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

Vaizen

Code:
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I cleared Kodi cache and tried with standard mode. I just unistalled Max Hz with no avail Kodi keeps FC even after a restart.

I'll try the adb command tomorrow, I'll report back if anything changes.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I cleared Kodi cache and tried with standard mode. I just unistalled Max Hz with no avail Kodi keeps FC even after a restart.

I mean clearing app data not just the cache. You might have some unintended setting change in Kodi that needs to be reset.
Since it's not working even with standard mode, it's probably not related to GMH.

It's also unlikely that it to do with WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS granted to GMH.

Vaizen

I mean clearing app data not just the cache. You might have some unintended setting change in Kodi that needs to be reset.
Since it's not working even with standard mode, it's probably not related to GMH.

Well to be honest I don't really know what could be the exact problem. Un installing GMH didn't solve the problem with kodi FC. After that I uninstalled an reinstalled kodi and it doesn't force close anymore. Which could be the same as clearing data as you recommended, but in any case the set up I usually do with kodi is nothing out of the ordinary nor it involves tweaking resolutions or refresh rates.

As for now I think I won't use GMH, a shame indeed IMO it has a lot of potential.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Well to be honest I don't really know what could be the exact problem. Un installing GMH didn't solve the problem with kodi FC. After that I uninstalled an reinstalled kodi and it doesn't force close anymore. Which could be the same as clearing data as you recommended, but in any case the set up I usually do with kodi is nothing out of the ordinary nor it involves tweaking resolutions or refresh rates.

As for now I think I won't use GMH, a shame indeed IMO it has a lot of potential.
Could also be caused by corrupted app data

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:

Code:

About this app:
    • Refresh Rate Control: Easily control the max refresh rate (Hz) of android devices with multiple refresh rates . This app can adjust the max refresh rate and min refresh rate on supported smartphones. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Force High: Option to use High(Fixed) motion smoothness mode on Samsung devices with native Adaptive motion smoothness***

Current Samsung smartphones natively supporting adaptive refresh rates:
      • Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
      • Galaxy Z Fold 2
      • Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra
      • Galaxy Z Flip 3
      • Galaxy Z Fold 3
      • Galaxy S22, S22+, S22 Ultra
      • Tab S8
    • Refresh Rate Monitor: Show real-time screen refresh rate as statusbar icon and/or as overlay. Overlay size and location is adjustable. Use either the in-app toggle or quick settings tile

• Quick Resolution Switcher: Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile on supported devices***

• Quick High/Adaptive on Power Saving Mode: Easily switch to high or adaptive motion smoothness mode (from Standard) even on power saving mode on supported Samsung smartphones.***
      Note: May not work on some devices with OneUI4.*.

• Force to Lowest Hz: Force lowest refresh rate on screen-off/AOD. This overrides Samsung's strange stock behavior which sets the refresh rate to the highest on screen off (update: it is now at 60hz since oneui3.0) - to improve standby power consumption a bit - ADB setup or Root NOT needed.

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off (after ~ 10 secs)***

• Tasker plugin support: Automate GMH settings with Tasker app. Supported actions/variables: max refresh rate, min refresh rate, keep smooth motion on PSM, motion smoothness mode, quick-doze mod, change dispaly resolution, auto sensors off. More info in FAQs below

Premium Features:
    • Keep High/Adaptive motion smoothness when power saving mode is enabled whether manually or by the system/adaptive power saving***
      Note: May not work on some devices with OneUI4.*. Test first.

• Adaptive refresh rate mod for devices supporting multiple refresh rates but do not have the stock Adaptive motion smoothness (e.g. S20 series, S20FE, TabS7/S7+, TabS8+/S8Ultra) with the ability to set the brightness threshold for its activation***

• Quick-doze mod: Quickly enter doze mode during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion ***

• Set minimum refresh rate for adaptive mode to 60hz or lower (if supported)***

• Resolution switcher filter: Filter what screen resolutions to include for the resolution switcher QS tile.

• Auto SENSORS OFF (experimental):
      Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked. This helps minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used.

• Statusbar net speed indicator

• 7-day Premium Trial is available. Just click "Activate Premium|Trial" button and activate free trial when prompted.

Note: The premium license is on a per device basis.
    Galaxy Max Hz background service is highly optimized. Background battery consumption of this app is very negligible .

***these marked features require a one-time ADB setup (this is not root)

Info: This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog.

Download
    Latest stable (v7.14.58)
    v8.0.0-alpha

Please read FAQs, changelogs and more information here (specially before asking questions or reporting bugs).
    You just need to enter the activation code sent to your (paypal) email or provided on GMH donation app to re-activate premium

Code:

Could also be caused by corrupted app data