Themes / Apps / Mods [App]Galaxy Max Hz (Refresh Rate Mods, Screen-off Mods, QS Tiles, Tasker Support and More)

Search This thread

Neo_Phongvan

Jun 7, 2022
On first, how did you check? Pls see FAQ #14 if you haven't yet.
On second, yes that depend on mobile carrier support. But you can use the game booster method instead.
On first, it seems that the PSM disable right after I turn on the screen, it may work normally and turn off so quickly.
On second, I have tried Game Booster method today, and the floating bar did not appear in Game Launcher when I play the game. I don't know why, I have tried clear cache and storage both Game Booster and Game Launcher apps, nothing change.
I don't want to implement factory reset :((

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
On first, it seems that the PSM disable right after I turn on the screen, it may work normally and turn off so quickl
That's how this feature work. If you want permanent PSM, you can just toggle it in the device settings.
On second, I have tried Game Booster method today, and the floating bar did not appear in Game Launcher when I play the game. I don't know why, I have tried clear cache and storage both Game Booster and Game Launcher apps, nothing change.
Did you enable Touch Protection?

Reactions: Neo_Phongvan

Neo_Phongvan

Jun 7, 2022
That's how this feature work. If you want permanent PSM, you can just toggle it in the device settings.

Did you enable Touch Protection?
Yes, the problem was the bar did not show, I could not see it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230519_220456_Game Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20230519_220456_Game Launcher.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_20230519_220418_Game Booster.jpg
    Screenshot_20230519_220418_Game Booster.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 77
Greetings! First i would like to say that I like that you continue updating and keeping this app alive. I bought premium for both my devices now, just to support this project.
But...
1. After I restart, upon entering password on lock screen, refresh rate is very low and phone seems laggy. This is before the app starts. After I enter my password everything gets back to normal.
2. When on low battery, Per-app limits get overwritten with higher or lower limits. Is this intended? Because if it is I would suggest an option to turn it off and respect per-app settings.
3. When low light conditions prevent 96hz rate, it would be great to have an option to choose between 120hz or 60hz.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
Greetings! First i would like to say that I like that you continue updating and keeping this app alive. I bought premium for both my devices now, just to support this project.
But...
1. After I restart, upon entering password on lock screen, refresh rate is very low and phone seems laggy. This is before the app starts. After I enter my password everything gets back to normal.
2. When on low battery, Per-app limits get overwritten with higher or lower limits. Is this intended? Because if it is I would suggest an option to turn it off and respect per-app settings.
3. When low light conditions prevent 96hz rate, it would be great to have an option to choose between 120hz or 60hz.
Thanks.
1. Unfortunately the app is restricted by android system to execute any command before the device is booted and unlocked.
2. Yes, that's intended as stated in per-app info. Noted your suggestion - I'll try to add it.
3. This is possible but the significant power consumption of continuously using/monitoring the light sensor is preventing us to implement this.

Thank you.

Thanks.
1. Unfortunately the app is restricted by android system to execute any command before the device is booted and unlocked.
2. Yes, that's intended as stated in per-app info. Noted your suggestion - I'll try to add it.
3. This is possible but the significant power consumption of continuously using/monitoring the light sensor is preventing us to implement this.

Thank you.
1. Maybe the lower limit could be changed when system does a shutdown/restart event.
2. Thank you, that would be great.
3. You don't need to continually monitor light, because this would indeed be a waste of battery, just once after screen turns on and set a boolean lowLight if light is between 0-20%, for example... This could be checked and charged to false when per-app launch event is executed or just when screen on event is detected, I think it's irrelevant, because it doesn't matter for this to be exact and chances are that light conditions will be the same when the screen turns on and while using your phone after the screen was turned on.

tribalfs

Mar 28, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
1. Maybe the lower limit could be changed when system does a shutdown/restart event.
Actually tried this strategy previously with ACTION_SHUTDOWN broadcast but not able to make it work. Not able to revisit it yet.

chances are that light conditions will be the same when the screen turns on and while using your phone after the screen was turned on.
:unsure: Can be true on some cases. Let us think this over. Have to weigh the pros and cons.

Thanks for the suggestions. Highly appreciate it.

Reactions: 6h0st

Top Liked Posts

Is it possible to set 10 Hz for a specific app?
    For instance I would like to have ebook reading apps like moonreader or kindle at the minimum refresh rate possible.
    Yes, using per-app settings.
    Any clue why my pm install --bypass-low-target-sdk-block /storage/emulated/0/x/x.apk is not doing anything?

There's no errors so it's working, but no app is being installed, one ui 6.1 - s23U ---- I've used ashell and ashell you, maybe the apps are outdated?
    I have only tested LADB.
    Try to use the command provided here (i.e. using adb install instead of adb shell pm install)
    Thanks, that worked (6.1, S23U)

In your donation app on the play store, can you add a way to donate more money? Like a separate donate extra
    216784718-83153bf4-9a8f-4dec-8e67-3c922ed803fe.png
    216784714-c7182db7-6b6c-43c8-bf1b-66b15247ec4e.png
    216784711-233fd3ba-5011-4a0f-b1f7-829018660dcd.png

About this app:

Refresh Rate Mods
    • Change default refresh rates
      - Easily change the overall refresh rate settings of devices supporting multiple refresh rates.
      - Set supported mid refresh rates as the maximum refresh rate limit for battery savings
      - Set separate refresh rates for power saving mode and for low battery state [1]
      - Quick settings shortcut
      - Tasker plugin support

• Refresh rate (motion smoothness) mode switcher(Normal, Adaptive or High)[2]
      - Set you device motion smoothness mode to static refresh rates (high mode) for better smoothness if so desired
      - Tasker plugin support

• Per-app refresh rate settings:
      -Set different refresh rate settings for every app either adaptive or static [1]

• Keep selected refresh rate mode on power saving mode[1]
      - On devices with One4 or lower, GMH will automatically apply a workaround to bypass 60Hz limit on Power Saving Mode.
      Need extra steps starting OneUI5.* except when rooted with magisk and using lsposed. Test it first

Screen-off Mods:
    • Screen off/AOD refresh rate (Force to Lowest Hz)
      - Force the lowest refresh rate on screen-off or Always-On Display(AOD)
      - Tasker plugin support
      - Select custom refresh rate for AOD/screen-off [1]

• Auto apply power saving mode during screen-off [2]

• Auto disable Autosync

• Quick-doze mod
      - Quickly enter doze mode (than usual) during screen-off that can not be interrupted by motion with customizable maintenance window interval [1][2]
      - Tasker plugin support

• Auto SENSORS OFF (non-root workaround)
      - Device sensors will automatically turn off while screen is off until the device is unlocked to help minimize battery-draining motion-triggered wakelocks while device is not being used [premium]
      - Tasker plug-in support
      - Supports up to OneUI4.* only

Others
    • Battery protection mod
      - Option to set maximum charge to 86%-95%(for OneUI4+) [1][2]

• Quick resolution switcher
      - Easily switch to any supported resolutions using the included quick setting tile[2]
      - Tasker plugin support

• Customizable refresh rate monitor
      -
      Use statusbar or overlay which you can place anywhere on screen.
      - Tasker plugin support

• Net speed statusbar indicator

OneUI inspired UI.

[1] Enabled for premium users (with 2 days premium trial)
    [2] These features require a one-time ADB procedure (this is not root)[/TD]

Info:
    This app targets older android sdk in order to control refresh rates without ADB setup or root. Just tap OK the dialog that says "This app was built for an older version of Android...." when opened for the first time. If OK button is not visible, just tap the blank space on the lowest portion of the dialog. If google play protect prompts during install that the app is built for older version of android and doesn't include the latest privacy protections, you can ignore it and proceed to the installation. For privacy related concern, please refer to FAQ No. 3.

Download|InstallationNotes|Changelogs
    Github wiki

Localization/Translations

Contributors
    Italian: @Orlaf
    German:devj3ns, drbeat
    Russian: @a43 @Surghikov
    Swedish:Steffe2
    Turkish: osmanakar312
    Greek: Nick
    Spanish: @Sebastiansm
    Czech: @Chrono Leggionaire
    Simplified Chinese: @xiaolu7233123
    French: @Jaxom84
    Polish: @Pichulec
    Korean: chicking86, 최운택
    Lithuanian: @Klaudas
    If you want to contribute on translations, please send me a message.
    v8.1.8 in-app update:
    -Added menu to disable mods (reset to stock settings)
    -Protect battery mod: Added option to show notification when plugged
    -Per-app settings: Added option to show non-launcher apps, added filter and sort options
    Great news!
    Here's a new alternative extra steps to bypass 60Hz limit on PSM on OneUI5.* using GameTools/GameBooster.
    First, open Game Booster settings and ensure
    • "Save power during touch protection" is turned on AND
    • "Shortcut bar" is tuned on OR "Floating shortcut" is set to Touch Protection

Here are the steps:
    1. Select Adaptive Mode while on power saving mode
    2. Open any game (preferably from game launcher)
    3. Press the touch protection button
    1676681590219.png
    in the floating shortcut bar and wait for the screen to dim ("Drag lock icon to unlock" text will fade)
    4. Touch the screen and unlock
    That's it!

Thanks to @InfernalDread for sharing this trick.
    Great news!
    Here's a new alternative extra steps to bypass 60Hz limit on PSM on OneUI5.* using GameTools/GameBooster.
    First, open Game Booster settings and ensure
    • "Save power during touch protection" is turned on AND
    • "Shortcut bar" is tuned on OR "Floating shortcut" is set to Touch Protection

Here are the steps:
    1. Select Adaptive Mode while on power saving mode
    2. Open any game (preferably from game launcher)
    3. Press the touch protection button View attachment 5839707 in the floating shortcut bar and wait for the screen to dim ("Drag lock icon to unlock" text will fade)
    4. Touch the screen and unlock
    That's it!

Thanks to @InfernalDread for sharing this trick.
    My pleasure!